criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

Anakins appearance confirmed(TCW mixed with Revenge of The Sith)

Prev134
Raekweezy1220
806 posts Member
edited March 9
This is confirmation they mixed Hayden with cartoon Anakin for his appearance! I’m highly disappointed in this! q0mss5lgu7w5.jpeg
httlksozdn57.jpeg
Post edited by Raekweezy1220 on

Replies

  • Haha I knew it
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Ha! I knew the Holiday Special was not forgotten

    "To make sure the characters represented all eras and media"
    a46.png
    maxresdefault.jpg

    This explains so much :D

    Anyway interesting idea, I the concept sounds interesting however I I can't help but completely disagree with it. The films are the primary source material they are the foundation everything else springs from. In a game designed to look realistic and authentic we should not be getting a weird mix-mash between different media sources. We should be getting the primary source which is the likeness of the actors

    Luke in particular suffers from this design decision looking very little like Mark Hamil or a stylized luke

    maxresdefault.jpg
    BN-KW709_luke10_G_20151022094530.jpg

    Completely agree with this! I get where they’re coming from but still they should keep it accurate with the real life portrayals
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    I'm not really ok with this to be honest. I've come to not really care about the Lanter vs Christensen part of the argument, but I believe in this day and age of video games with increasingly realistic and detailed graphics we shouldn't just make Han Solo look like the character from a broad spectrum of media. If we are going with realistic graphics, characters should look like their realistic counterparts, I.E. the movies. I can forgive minor inaccuracies as 3D modeling and lighting are very difficult to get right from every angle all the time, it happens.

    I'm disappointed to see the original actors getting tossed aside to depict them however Disney/EA desires them to be portrayed.

    Edit: Reading through Jay's tweets, my gosh. He said "The only two characters that are modeled after their real-life versions are Rey and Finn. I can't think of another who is." WHAT?!

    They all look fairly accurate though except Anakin
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    I'm not really ok with this to be honest. I've come to not really care about the Lanter vs Christensen part of the argument, but I believe in this day and age of video games with increasingly realistic and detailed graphics we shouldn't just make Han Solo look like the character from a broad spectrum of media. If we are going with realistic graphics, characters should look like their realistic counterparts, I.E. the movies. I can forgive minor inaccuracies as 3D modeling and lighting are very difficult to get right from every angle all the time, it happens.

    I'm disappointed to see the original actors getting tossed aside to depict them however Disney/EA desires them to be portrayed.

    Edit: Reading through Jay's tweets, my gosh. He said "The only two characters that are modeled after their real-life versions are Rey and Finn. I can't think of another who is." WHAT?!

    They all look fairly accurate though except Anakin

    You're right, most of them look pretty good. Han and Rey are pretty meh from some angles.

    It's the mindset I disagree with though. I don't like the idea of just mixing a character's appearance from across bunches of different media. Outfits are fine, but I don't like just disregarding a physical actor's face due to preference, a whim, convenience, or some other reason.
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    JediJulius wrote: »
    I'm not really ok with this to be honest. I've come to not really care about the Lanter vs Christensen part of the argument, but I believe in this day and age of video games with increasingly realistic and detailed graphics we shouldn't just make Han Solo look like the character from a broad spectrum of media. If we are going with realistic graphics, characters should look like their realistic counterparts, I.E. the movies. I can forgive minor inaccuracies as 3D modeling and lighting are very difficult to get right from every angle all the time, it happens.

    I'm disappointed to see the original actors getting tossed aside to depict them however Disney/EA desires them to be portrayed.

    Edit: Reading through Jay's tweets, my gosh. He said "The only two characters that are modeled after their real-life versions are Rey and Finn. I can't think of another who is." WHAT?!

    They all look fairly accurate though except Anakin

    You're right, most of them look pretty good. Han and Rey are pretty meh from some angles.

    It's the mindset I disagree with though. I don't like the idea of just mixing a character's appearance from across bunches of different media. Outfits are fine, but I don't like just disregarding a physical actor's face due to preference, a whim, convenience, or some other reason.

    They easily have the tools to make them look accurate idk why they choose not to
  • As much as I love the clone wars and hate the prequels... Hayden is what Anakin canonically looks like. Mark is what Luke canonically looks like.

    Harrison... ok I don’t know Alden screws it all up.
  • Gosh, i really hope this is an exscuse, because if they willingly did so it would be a total fail. Plastic faces in iper realistic graphics don't please nobody, and I'm sure everyone agrees Hayden should be Anakin's face, even with the wrong voice.
  • As much as I love the clone wars and hate the prequels... Hayden is what Anakin canonically looks like. Mark is what Luke canonically looks like.

    Harrison... ok I don’t know Alden screws it all up.

    And Obi Wan looks like Alec Guinnes. Yet he's not in game. Ewan screws it all up.
  • The real answer is that the guy or gal doing Anakins face just isn't very good at eyes :D
  • I want to see Hayden Christensen face was Anakin Skywalker. I knew he was going to voiced by Matt Lanter. Since we got James Arnold Taylor as Obi -Wan Kenobi than Ewan McGregor.
    It's a shame that the likeness of character is going to 100% accurate.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • There are ****, just total **** who can't do the simple job properly. Everyone surely agrees what the cinematic represention of these characters should look like.

    The fact they do not questions their competency and/or their agenda.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Sounds like excuses to me. Wouldn't making the characters look as accurate as possible to their real life counterparts (the ones that have IRL counterparts at least) be one of THE most appealing things about the game, and something for DICE to be proud of/even brag about? There's a reason photorealism is so impressive in game design.

    And some of them are VERY impressive. They just aren’t willing to admit when they miss the mark...and rightfully so, they aren’t going to trash their own work. But this excuse is just laughable.

    Notice how we didn’t hear about any of this silliness until now? Lol
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Raekweezy1220
    806 posts Member
    edited March 10
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Sounds like excuses to me. Wouldn't making the characters look as accurate as possible to their real life counterparts (the ones that have IRL counterparts at least) be one of THE most appealing things about the game, and something for DICE to be proud of/even brag about? There's a reason photorealism is so impressive in game design.

    And some of them are VERY impressive. They just aren’t willing to admit when they miss the mark...and rightfully so, they aren’t going to trash their own work. But this excuse is just laughable.

    Notice how we didn’t hear about any of this silliness until now? Lol

    I made it a point to ask them over and over again on twitter until i got answers for why the characters look off in the game and the truth has come to light
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Sounds like excuses to me. Wouldn't making the characters look as accurate as possible to their real life counterparts (the ones that have IRL counterparts at least) be one of THE most appealing things about the game, and something for DICE to be proud of/even brag about? There's a reason photorealism is so impressive in game design.

    And some of them are VERY impressive. They just aren’t willing to admit when they miss the mark...and rightfully so, they aren’t going to trash their own work. But this excuse is just laughable.

    Notice how we didn’t hear about any of this silliness until now? Lol
    Agreed

    it certainly wouldn't be the first nonsense word-salad explanation we've received from them. Like with battle damaged vader
    giphy.gif
    [+3748 posts]
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Sounds like excuses to me. Wouldn't making the characters look as accurate as possible to their real life counterparts (the ones that have IRL counterparts at least) be one of THE most appealing things about the game, and something for DICE to be proud of/even brag about? There's a reason photorealism is so impressive in game design.

    And some of them are VERY impressive. They just aren’t willing to admit when they miss the mark...and rightfully so, they aren’t going to trash their own work. But this excuse is just laughable.

    Notice how we didn’t hear about any of this silliness until now? Lol

    This is actually something that's been given to us as a direction across all of EA Star Wars. I had a great chat with one of our art directors about it. As I said in my tweets, we're trying to replicate the character, not just the actor. The actor is obviously a huge part of it which is why all of them look similar to their human counterparts, but to make someone 1:1 isn't something that's being done across all of Star Wars on purpose.

    It's an artistic choice to some degree (not just ours, but an overall Star Wars one), but it's also something that comes from needing express permission from the actors to use their direct likeness. This "silliness" never came up prior because no one really asked as much. We knew it would this time, though, because Anakin has super die-hard fans (maybe even a bit too die-hard at times). Overall authenticity to the character is key, not just replicating them 1:1 from a specific version. Who knows? Maybe we'll tweak him in some ways over time, but overall he's still Anakin. I know a bunch of people won't be happy with this reply, but I'd rather address this head on.

    Of course fans won’t be happy when the characters don’t look like how they are portrayed on screen and the reason is your mixing them with cartoons and comics and whatever else it is. As a company I would assume you’d want to give the fans what they want and do what you can to please them and keep their interest. I am a fan of this game but it’s frustrating seeing childhood hero’s look unrecognizable. It takes some enjoyment out of playing with them imo. You said 1:1 isn’t off the table but trust me when I say your going to make a lot of people happy if you make Anakin 1:1 and a lot more in the game 1:1. I get if you don’t have permission by the actors that’s one thing but to just not even give it a chance makes absolutely no sense
  • Considering how powerful Anakin is I can tell that Guillaume is one of those "even a bit too die hard" guys.

    Haha! He's actually a huge Anakin fan, I believe, so well played.
  • Seems dumb, they should’ve stuck with one or the other. Preferable the movie appearances
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    Seems dumb, they should’ve stuck with one or the other. Preferable the movie appearances

    Fr. Lol I made a post saying he looks like Matt lanter & people lost their minds
  • M
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Sounds like excuses to me. Wouldn't making the characters look as accurate as possible to their real life counterparts (the ones that have IRL counterparts at least) be one of THE most appealing things about the game, and something for DICE to be proud of/even brag about? There's a reason photorealism is so impressive in game design.

    And some of them are VERY impressive. They just aren’t willing to admit when they miss the mark...and rightfully so, they aren’t going to trash their own work. But this excuse is just laughable.

    Notice how we didn’t hear about any of this silliness until now? Lol

    This is actually something that's been given to us as a direction across all of EA Star Wars. I had a great chat with one of our art directors about it. As I said in my tweets, we're trying to replicate the character, not just the actor. The actor is obviously a huge part of it which is why all of them look similar to their human counterparts, but to make someone 1:1 isn't something that's being done across all of Star Wars on purpose.

    It's an artistic choice to some degree (not just ours, but an overall Star Wars one), but it's also something that comes from needing express permission from the actors to use their direct likeness. This "silliness" never came up prior because no one really asked as much. We knew it would this time, though, because Anakin has super die-hard fans (maybe even a bit too die-hard at times). Overall authenticity to the character is key, not just replicating them 1:1 from a specific version. Who knows? Maybe we'll tweak him in some ways over time, but overall he's still Anakin. I know a bunch of people won't be happy with this reply, but I'd rather address this head on.

    it doesn't make much sense to model them after the cartoons, since the cartoons modeled it after the movie appearance.

    Maybe if more of us speak out about this they’ll listen ..
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Sounds like excuses to me. Wouldn't making the characters look as accurate as possible to their real life counterparts (the ones that have IRL counterparts at least) be one of THE most appealing things about the game, and something for DICE to be proud of/even brag about? There's a reason photorealism is so impressive in game design.

    And some of them are VERY impressive. They just aren’t willing to admit when they miss the mark...and rightfully so, they aren’t going to trash their own work. But this excuse is just laughable.

    Notice how we didn’t hear about any of this silliness until now? Lol

    This is actually something that's been given to us as a direction across all of EA Star Wars. I had a great chat with one of our art directors about it. As I said in my tweets, we're trying to replicate the character, not just the actor. The actor is obviously a huge part of it which is why all of them look similar to their human counterparts, but to make someone 1:1 isn't something that's being done across all of Star Wars on purpose.

    It's an artistic choice to some degree (not just ours, but an overall Star Wars one), but it's also something that comes from needing express permission from the actors to use their direct likeness. This "silliness" never came up prior because no one really asked as much. We knew it would this time, though, because Anakin has super die-hard fans (maybe even a bit too die-hard at times). Overall authenticity to the character is key, not just replicating them 1:1 from a specific version. Who knows? Maybe we'll tweak him in some ways over time, but overall he's still Anakin. I know a bunch of people won't be happy with this reply, but I'd rather address this head on.

    That's all fine & dandy but the more pressing matter is will you guys fix blocking and shooting while laying on the ground
  • Devlin21
    8323 posts Member
    Anakin has super die-hard fans (maybe even a bit too die-hard at times).

    is there a problem with people wanting their character to look like how did in the movies?

    M
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Sounds like excuses to me. Wouldn't making the characters look as accurate as possible to their real life counterparts (the ones that have IRL counterparts at least) be one of THE most appealing things about the game, and something for DICE to be proud of/even brag about? There's a reason photorealism is so impressive in game design.

    And some of them are VERY impressive. They just aren’t willing to admit when they miss the mark...and rightfully so, they aren’t going to trash their own work. But this excuse is just laughable.

    Notice how we didn’t hear about any of this silliness until now? Lol

    This is actually something that's been given to us as a direction across all of EA Star Wars. I had a great chat with one of our art directors about it. As I said in my tweets, we're trying to replicate the character, not just the actor. The actor is obviously a huge part of it which is why all of them look similar to their human counterparts, but to make someone 1:1 isn't something that's being done across all of Star Wars on purpose.

    It's an artistic choice to some degree (not just ours, but an overall Star Wars one), but it's also something that comes from needing express permission from the actors to use their direct likeness. This "silliness" never came up prior because no one really asked as much. We knew it would this time, though, because Anakin has super die-hard fans (maybe even a bit too die-hard at times). Overall authenticity to the character is key, not just replicating them 1:1 from a specific version. Who knows? Maybe we'll tweak him in some ways over time, but overall he's still Anakin. I know a bunch of people won't be happy with this reply, but I'd rather address this head on.

    it doesn't make much sense to model them after the cartoons, since the cartoons modeled it after the movie appearance.

    Maybe if more of us speak out about this they’ll listen ..

    hopefully.

    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Not gonna lie as a huge anakin fine I would've preferred if the character looked like Hayden. I like Matt but as soon as I saw him I was like this isn't Hayden at all. The only characters that look good are Finn & iden because of obvious reasons
  • Raekweezy1220
    806 posts Member
    edited March 10
    Could you imagine a sports game where the athletes don’t look like their real life counterpart? That would be a disaster waiting to happen and the graphics would be put to shame! So of course us fans want the characters in the game to look 100% if not close to it and I mean close to it to the real life actors. Not mixed in with cartoons characters and have to be in a certain lighting in the game just for them to look some what similar!!
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Sounds like excuses to me. Wouldn't making the characters look as accurate as possible to their real life counterparts (the ones that have IRL counterparts at least) be one of THE most appealing things about the game, and something for DICE to be proud of/even brag about? There's a reason photorealism is so impressive in game design.

    And some of them are VERY impressive. They just aren’t willing to admit when they miss the mark...and rightfully so, they aren’t going to trash their own work. But this excuse is just laughable.

    Notice how we didn’t hear about any of this silliness until now? Lol

    This is actually something that's been given to us as a direction across all of EA Star Wars. I had a great chat with one of our art directors about it. As I said in my tweets, we're trying to replicate the character, not just the actor. The actor is obviously a huge part of it which is why all of them look similar to their human counterparts, but to make someone 1:1 isn't something that's being done across all of Star Wars on purpose.

    It's an artistic choice to some degree (not just ours, but an overall Star Wars one), but it's also something that comes from needing express permission from the actors to use their direct likeness. This "silliness" never came up prior because no one really asked as much. We knew it would this time, though, because Anakin has super die-hard fans (maybe even a bit too die-hard at times). Overall authenticity to the character is key, not just replicating them 1:1 from a specific version. Who knows? Maybe we'll tweak him in some ways over time, but overall he's still Anakin. I know a bunch of people won't be happy with this reply, but I'd rather address this head on.

    Could you imagine a sports game where the athletes don’t look like their real life counterpart? That would be a disaster waiting to happen and the graphics would be put to shame! So of course us fans want the characters in the game to look 100% if not close to it and I mean close to it to the real life actors. Not mixed in with cartoon characters and have to be in a certain lighting in the game just for them to look some what similar!!
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Sounds like excuses to me. Wouldn't making the characters look as accurate as possible to their real life counterparts (the ones that have IRL counterparts at least) be one of THE most appealing things about the game, and something for DICE to be proud of/even brag about? There's a reason photorealism is so impressive in game design.

    And some of them are VERY impressive. They just aren’t willing to admit when they miss the mark...and rightfully so, they aren’t going to trash their own work. But this excuse is just laughable.

    Notice how we didn’t hear about any of this silliness until now? Lol

    This is actually something that's been given to us as a direction across all of EA Star Wars. I had a great chat with one of our art directors about it. As I said in my tweets, we're trying to replicate the character, not just the actor. The actor is obviously a huge part of it which is why all of them look similar to their human counterparts, but to make someone 1:1 isn't something that's being done across all of Star Wars on purpose.

    It's an artistic choice to some degree (not just ours, but an overall Star Wars one), but it's also something that comes from needing express permission from the actors to use their direct likeness. This "silliness" never came up prior because no one really asked as much. We knew it would this time, though, because Anakin has super die-hard fans (maybe even a bit too die-hard at times). Overall authenticity to the character is key, not just replicating them 1:1 from a specific version. Who knows? Maybe we'll tweak him in some ways over time, but overall he's still Anakin. I know a bunch of people won't be happy with this reply, but I'd rather address this head on.

    Just within the game, it really doesn’t make much sense to me to go for 1:1 on some and not others. If it’s an artistic choice, it should be consistent throughout... one way or the other.
    I have multiple art examples from Fantasy Flight Games, (has the SW license for tabletop games) where the pieces/cards are absolutely the actors character(including around ten for Alex Guiness). I could dig up examples for every character in this game. So I have my doubts that Mr. Christensen didn’t give his permission for this game but did elsewhere.
    I maybe could have worded the ‘silliness’ part better, but characters looking somewhat off while others look great has absolutely been brought up here, many times. Rey being a prime example. This is just the first time it’s got an actual response, which is appreciated even if I’m still not convinced.
    I do quite a bit of artwork myself in my spare time and sometimes I feel like I nailed it and other times miss the mark. For example, Harrison Ford’s likeness is probably one I will never be able to get right. Anakin’s face just simply feels like one of these misses to me.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • I
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Sounds like excuses to me. Wouldn't making the characters look as accurate as possible to their real life counterparts (the ones that have IRL counterparts at least) be one of THE most appealing things about the game, and something for DICE to be proud of/even brag about? There's a reason photorealism is so impressive in game design.

    And some of them are VERY impressive. They just aren’t willing to admit when they miss the mark...and rightfully so, they aren’t going to trash their own work. But this excuse is just laughable.

    Notice how we didn’t hear about any of this silliness until now? Lol

    This is actually something that's been given to us as a direction across all of EA Star Wars. I had a great chat with one of our art directors about it. As I said in my tweets, we're trying to replicate the character, not just the actor. The actor is obviously a huge part of it which is why all of them look similar to their human counterparts, but to make someone 1:1 isn't something that's being done across all of Star Wars on purpose.

    It's an artistic choice to some degree (not just ours, but an overall Star Wars one), but it's also something that comes from needing express permission from the actors to use their direct likeness. This "silliness" never came up prior because no one really asked as much. We knew it would this time, though, because Anakin has super die-hard fans (maybe even a bit too die-hard at times). Overall authenticity to the character is key, not just replicating them 1:1 from a specific version. Who knows? Maybe we'll tweak him in some ways over time, but overall he's still Anakin. I know a bunch of people won't be happy with this reply, but I'd rather address this head on.

    That’s cool and all but are you guys currently working on infantry Cargo?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I wish he looked much more like Hayden but playing as him you're mostly staring at the back of his head so... It is annoying to see his face in the character select screen or wherever and he looks nothing like Hayden. Every other character is more accurate than him and Anakin is possibly the most popular/requested hero.
  • Lee1981
    1953 posts Member
    Can’t believe how worked up people get over a characters likeness

    You see them from behind anyway
  • Chico
    358 posts Member
    Why do people care how a character looks in the game when it doesn't affect gameplay? Far more important that bugs are addressed:

    Block failing to work for no reason
    Abilities randomly stopping working
    Blocking/shooting when knocked over
    Saber lock being inescapable
    Luke star cards being unequipped (day 1 bug still not fixed)
    Getting stuck in environmental clutter

    I"m sure there are more, all far more game-breaking than how Ani looks.
  • Cadoth
    1052 posts Member
    edited March 10
    The only thing that really looks weird to me about his face is his mouth, like he’s constantly half-smiling, he looks like the Monna Lisa
  • Versatti
    2020 posts Member
    Oh dear, I can feel your outrage. How dare they mess with your teen crush. You should definitely write them a very stern letter, that’ll show them!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!