criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Hero Skin Content Drop - The Essentials

Prev1
BucksawBoushh
5579 posts Member
edited March 10
With hero development hopefully slowing down post Anakin, I think it's time for Guillariammeo (the hero designer) to focus his attention on skins. Lots of us are hoping for a significant customization drop for all of the neglected infantry factions, which is well overdue, but along with that it's time for the base heroes to get some alternate appearances. Mind you, not ALL of them need skins, but I would say the majority have at least 1 - 3 solid options. The following are what I personally think are both necessary and realistic when it comes to DICE releasing some hero skin content drops.

Darth Maul: Crimson Dawn (Legendary)
p9k2j5adcpzu.gif

Yoda: Force Ghost (Legendary)
e1o8gxyjqb3m.gif

Chewbacca: Bespin (Legendary)
6cgs38vqndeg.gif

Obi Wan Kenobi: The Hermit (Legendary)
htalgjqfppz7.gif

Luke Skywalker: Ahch-To (Legendary)
d6w6kd6k4bbf.gif

Luke Skywalker: Farm Boy (Epic)
j3*****219puw2.gif

Princess Leia: Cinnamon Buns (Epic)
l81nwtxhotrm.gif

Kylo Ren: Master of The Knights of Ren (Epic)
gnewdfy017lf.gif

Boba Fett: Holiday Special (Epic)
eis8uzbbwe8r.gif

Rey: Scavenger (Epic)
0m21el6802kg.gif

Finn: Topless (Epic)
fxhxyzdge2rj.gif

There countless other skins that I haven't included, some of the main ones being ANH Han, Luke (Pilot, Bespin, Dagobah), Iden Versio Stormtrooper (helmeless), Maul w/ hood, Boushh Leia (no mask), Palpatine w/ red robes, Vader (ANH & RO) etcetera. But I think you guys get the point. Lots of options.

Now, I can say for certain that if you added any number of these I would immediately be out of credits. That means the wallet is coming out. DICE, please consider adding some of these.

@F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne @T0TALfps
PSN: BucksawBoushh

Replies

• SWymsa
    970 posts Member
    I know they have little resources to add much else to this game so skins seem the easier option but they need to revamp trooper classes and add to that. Too much time has been spent on heroes imo.
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    sorry, clown legions are more important.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • All of these are great ideas, & would make awesome skins
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Imagine Old Luke and they got Old Mr Hamill to do the voice
    Great list, only needs one more thing ENDOR LUKE
    Seriously you have the other 2 Endor outfits for Han and Leia. You're ruining my Endor immersion DICE

Forgot about Endor Luke!

2x29ny50cmey.gif
  • Chewie with 3p0 on his back would be so cool! Maybe they could even add emotes from 3p0. All of Chewie’s emotes are basically the same.
  • SWymsa
    970 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Surprised there isn't more for unknown Iden 🤔
  • SWymsa wrote: »

Weak chirp.
  • SWymsa
    970 posts Member
    SWymsa wrote: »

Weak chirp.

Weak thread.
  • CarapaceonMenace
    2042 posts Member
    edited March 10

Weak chirp.

Weak thread.

Iden is boring and doesn't need any more ANYTHING but this thread is truly what the devs must listen to.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • BucksawBoushh
    5579 posts Member
    edited March 10

Weak chirp.

Weak thread.

Give me some advice! I see your threads are just booming with responses :D
    mum337fn9kq1.jpeg
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member

There is plenty they could do, but taking current skins, and rearranging assets, slapping an antenna on a helmet, making one new helmet, then making a twitter post patting themselves on the back is much more worth the weapons designer's time.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

also changing the helmet on the white power ranger and removing the Heavy's skirt which no one asked for
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• SWymsa
    970 posts Member

also changing the helmet on the white power ranger and removing the Heavy's skirt which no one asked for

As opposed to the black power ranger :smiley:
  • Darth Maul, Yoda & Chewbacca skins are crazy good
    Make Maul great again.
  • SWymsa
    970 posts Member

Weak chirp.

Weak thread.

mum337fn9kq1.jpeg

Oh no, you got me :naughty:

But seriously, farmboy luke... wtf are you people on? :smiley:

Weak chirp.

Weak thread.

mum337fn9kq1.jpeg

Oh no, you got me :naughty:

But seriously, farmboy luke... wtf are you people on? :smiley:

Just reminding you that your threads are trash. Move along cuckers.
  • Where the hech is master of the knights of ren from
    Hech4Lyf!
  • Why is Kylo Ren's base skin but with a hood down epic? It should be a common or at most a rare imo.

But I really would love to see ANH Han, Leia, and Luke as well as Bespin Luke. I don't understand why they are so scared of adding skins to Luke, Maul, Sidious, Vader, and Boba.

• Where the hech is master of the knights of ren from

Um, The Force Awakens? It’s him with mask no hood.
  • SWymsa
    970 posts Member
    Where the hech is master of the knights of ren from

Is that before he smashes it in the Incel tantrum? :wink:

If you can count 1 through 8 then you’ll be able to find that answer all on your own!
  • SWymsa
    970 posts Member

If you can count 1 through 8 then you’ll be able to find that answer all on your own!

I apologise, have I upset you?
    I haven't seen the ST movies is why I asked.

I apologise, have I upset you?
    I haven't seen the ST movies is why I asked.

Consider yourself lucky! I flipped over 3 strollers leaving episode 8
  • Obi-Wan - Padawan
    Obi-Wan-as-a-Padawan-young-obi-wan-kenobi-23967106-848-1050.jpg

Obi-Wan - Master
    EP2-IA-60435_R_8x10-56a83bea3df78cf7729d314a.jpg

Obi-Wan - General
    2fx9iqdo2i801.jpg

Anakin - Padawan
    1189625_1362885996675_full.jpg?v=1362886020

Phasma
    captain-phasma-deleted-scene-star-wars.jpg?w=736&e=ba94b85358b9893427c0468c9cb60098

1bfioawlu399.png
  • ^ Mullet Obi Wan would be a good skin. Not a fan of the others.
  • Do we really need a ghost yoda?
    7cbfd1349bc18f0f6976d45209d1b4349da74726.jpg
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala

Do we really need Dooku in his PJ’s? Chewbacca with an ouchie?

No. I didn't the purchase the bandage chewie and not getting dooku's sleepwear neither.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala

No. I didn't the purchase the bandage chewie and not getting dooku's sleepwear neither.

I didn’t ask if you purchased them. Cartoon Obi is a skin we “don’t need” in my opinion. Yet here we are.

• Don't forget hooded and TCWs Maul, Caped Grievous, Episode III and CWs skin for palpatine, Battle Damaged Vader, ect.

The next big update needs to release like 15 or so of these skins at once, or else everyone will have the credits every time to buy them without crystals.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • @BucksawBoushh

All are great choices, but I have one proposal: replace Boba's skin with Jango Fett.

Yea, one has a pistol and another a blaster, but still, nothing is canon in this game, so it will still be plausible.

Pretty please?
  • Phyxsius wrote: »
    @BucksawBoushh

All are great choices, but I have one proposal: replace Boba's skin with Jango Fett.

Yea, one has a pistol and another a blaster, but still, nothing is canon in this game, so it will still be plausible.

Pretty please?

OK. I’ll talk to the team and see what I can do :D
  • Luke's face in his Hoth skin isn't accurate to ESB. DICE being lazy and just porting the body from the last game. 😒
    Current Topics:
    Leia Improvements
    Heroes vs Villains Improvements
    Staff Strikes Improvement

m3s3leriptmd.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

I will not stop complaining until DICE update Leia's Hoth skin's sideburns and add some for Rey!!

• Luke's face in his Hoth skin isn't accurate to ESB. DICE being lazy and just porting the body from the last game. 😒

If they can port Luke's face then surely they can port Scariff.. but hey.. EA and all.
  • Natalie
    101 posts Member
    Dice should be more creative with their outfits
    -Shaved Wookie Chewie
    -Old zombie force ghost Vader (before the remastered changed it to Anakin at the end of ROTJ)
    -Obiwan's undercover bounty hunter face
    -Luke after he lost his hand but before he gets a robot hand
    -"censored" Slave Leia (protect the kids)
    -Episode 1 Anakin
    -Episode 3 Luke and Leia
    -Episode 8 Han Solo
    -and several other Han Solo skins where the thickness of his beard is slightly longer
    @BucksawBoushh

Pretty please?

This shouldn't detract from Jango being his own character at one point either.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • LOLZ!
  • Solid choices but a luke with yoda would a cool addition to my collection
    @BucksawBoushh

Pretty please?

With duel wield and unique abilities tied to the skin? That would be pretty dope
  • JackTHorn
    3743 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Luke should have Yellow Jacket, Bespin Fatigues, X-Wing Pilot, and Endor, in that order of priority. Old Luke should be the automatic default for sequel battles.

And this skin...
    Obi-Wan - General
    2fx9iqdo2i801.jpg
    ...would be amazing. This is what I had hoped the current General Kenobi skin would be. The one we've got is okay, but this one would be so much better...
  • Solid choices but a luke with yoda would a cool addition to my collection

lmao, backpack yoda. Not before Chewbacca gets his C3PO harness. How are the devs not on top of no brainers like these? We give them ideas for legendary skins for months on end and the best they come up with is Dooku in sleepwear?
    xnvLDB.gif
  • To be honest the force ghost Yoda just won't work for me. I'd rather get his capeless appearance if they ever make one (Like one of the simplest skin to make) or his robes from ESB.
    Current Topics:
    Leia Improvements

m3s3leriptmd.png

I will not stop complaining until DICE update Leia's Hoth skin's sideburns and add some for Rey!!

• No forst ghost Yoda, but I've always wanted a skin with his worn off clothes and that necklace from the original trilogy.
    @BucksawBoushh

Pretty please?

I almost tend to agree, but having not one but two airborne heroes might not be a good idea, and probably EA thinks the same. It might work if Jango is mainly a terrestrial hero, with his jetpack being just a glorified longer dodge and small leaps with cooldowns attached, so he won't fly Palpatine like, excluding longer flights, while also having the excuse of giving him better firepower.

I concede your point, though. Good observation.

@BucksawBoushh Correction: Please inform your team to hold everything! They can restart only when Jango Fett is no longer an option. Thank you. ;)
    Phyxsius wrote: »
    @BucksawBoushh

Pretty please?

I almost tend to agree, but having not one but two airborne heroes might not be a good idea, and probably EA thinks the same. It might work if Jango is mainly a terrestrial hero, with his jetpack being just a glorified longer dodge and small leaps with cooldowns attached, so he won't fly Palpatine like, excluding longer flights, while also having the excuse of giving him better firepower.

@BucksawBoushh Correction: Please inform your team to hold everything! They can restart only when Jango Fett is no longer an option. Thank you. ;)

Agree with you on Jango working if he were a ground based blaster hero with his JP being used for an ability or two and maybe for dodge. That would be perfect.

I’ll talk to the team. I value your guys’ input. I think our main focus right now is to bring both new and ported maps to all modes as well as start putting development time to blasters. We’re looking into 1 new modifiable blaster per class to start as well as 3 new mods for each default blaster.

Also, we’ve been gathering info on both the infantry and hero skins you guys have been requesting... Guillariame has some work to do ;) Stay tuned.
    @BucksawBoushh

Pretty please?

Agree with you on Jango working if he were a ground based blaster hero with his JP being used for an ability or two and maybe for dodge. That would be perfect.

I’ll talk to the team. I value your guys’ input. I think our main focus right now is to bring both new and ported maps to all modes as well as start putting development time to blasters. We’re looking into 1 new modifiable blaster per class to start as well as 3 new mods for each default blaster.

Also, we’ve been gathering info on both the infantry and hero skins you guys have been requesting... Guillariame has some work to do ;) Stay tuned.

What team are you in anyway? 😏
    Current Topics:
    Leia Improvements

m3s3leriptmd.png

@BucksawBoushh

Pretty please?

What team are you in anyway? 😏

Oh, you didn’t know?

fvnhmdd6v55j.gif