criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Old Republic canon now?

Disney is planning a Knights of the Old Republic show. I would imagine this means the Old Republic is canon now?

08aae7bca937ae8157e5ac0513b2b6421d61eacd.jpg?auto=compress,format&fit=crop&h=353&w=616&s=4b41f87c81ff3d76aa4845cbc50b2ef4

Maybe that opens the door to possibility of characters like Bastila Shan, HK-47, etc in the Battlefront series.

hnytpwosbe30.png

Replies

• SWymsa
    907 posts Member
    Would rather Darth Malgus, Satele Shan, Ven Zallow, Darth Marr etc

Old Republic would be an incredible setting for a Battlefront Game.
    More factions, weapons, vehicles, maps than you'd get with the movie eras

So long as they took a more original battlefront or battlefield style to it.
  • No way it’s canon. Probably a rumor
    Hech4Lyf!
  • No, the Old Republic is not currently canon.

There are 2 different future SW trilogies being developed, 1 by, sigh, rian Johnson, & the other by 2 of the GoT writers. I’m hoping the latter is going to be set in the Old Republic time line.
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • I hope they completely steamroll what went before, like they did with all the dreadful nonsense about Mara Jade and Luke becoming a Sith and Palpatine becoming a clone, etc. It was all terrible fanfic level dross.
  • SWymsa
    907 posts Member
    I hope they completely steamroll what went before, like they did with all the dreadful nonsense about Mara Jade and Luke becoming a Sith and Palpatine becoming a clone, etc. It was all terrible fanfic level dross.

Who employs your formidable writing skills though?
  • DarthLando
    1260 posts Member
    edited March 11
    I hope they completely steamroll what went before, like they did with all the dreadful nonsense about Mara Jade and Luke becoming a Sith and Palpatine becoming a clone, etc. It was all terrible fanfic level dross.

That was the expanded universe, the stuff that happened via novels after ROTJ, not the Old Republic, the stuff that happened in the OR games & books that takes place 1,000 years before the events of TPM
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • DarthLando wrote: »

That was the expanded universe, the stuff that happened via novels after ROTJ, not the Old Republic, the stuff that happened in the OR games & books that takes place 1,000 years before the events of TPM

• Nothing about this game is canon, not when Vader is fighting himself.

So, any next Battlefront can be in Old Republic setting, or any setting, with whatever heroes.

And yes to HK for LS, please.
  • The old republic was awesome. But have you seen resistance at all? Does it need this "make it terrible" treatment?
  • If they create an old republic show, then the old old republic stories will not become canon, what will be canon is the stories and characters that they will create for the show
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    No, the Old Republic is not currently canon.

There are 2 different future SW trilogies being developed, 1 by, sigh, rian Johnson, & the other by 2 of the GoT writers. I’m hoping the latter is going to be set in the Old Republic time line.

Really looking forward to the trilogy by the GOT writers. Hoping they allow them to go dark (within reason). Just finished S7 of GOT and the show as a whole is fantastic.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • It was always canon in my heart.

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• TheScape
    2236 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    The old republic was awesome. But have you seen resistance at all? Does it need this "make it terrible" treatment?

I hope that any Old Republic treatment comes in the form of a trilogy like the one we are supposed to get from the Game of Thrones' writers. I seriously hope it is nothing like Resistance (which is in my opinion the worst Star Wars animated show). And I say that as someone who watches the show.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • bfloo
    15696 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »
    The old republic was awesome. But have you seen resistance at all? Does it need this "make it terrible" treatment?

I hope that any Old Republic treatment comes in the form of a trilogy like the one we are supposed to get from the Game of Thrones' writers. I seriously hope it is nothing like Resistance (which is in my opinion the worst Star Wars animated show). And I say that as someone who watches the show.

I lasted a whole 7 minutes with the resistance show.

The kid pilot annoyed me more than Ezra did.

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• mastery0ta wrote: »
    If they create an old republic show, then the old old republic stories will not become canon, what will be canon is the stories and characters that they will create for the show

Pretty much this is the reason I hope it's fake news.
    If it became canon it would be in Disney's own way, and i am sure that would mean a bad way. Let it rest in our memories as the goodness it represented, not as the *insert insult* it would become.
  • ROMG4
    2893 posts Member

Yes, only cite the worst elements of the story?

And really Mara Jade? Mara Jade was one of the best characters to come out of the EU
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • bfloo wrote: »
    TheScape wrote: »

I lasted a whole 7 minutes with the resistance show.

The kid pilot annoyed me more than Ezra did.

Let's be completely honest. You would have hated that show no matter what it did. Everyone who hated TLJ came into Resistance expecting it to be terrible, and so they saw what they expected. I haven't met a single person who liked the Last Jedi and disliked Resistance. This just shows me that a large group of people were angered by the Last Jedi, so they decided to hate on everything related to Disney's SW.