criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission

Focused Feedback: Hero Balance

Replies

• Anakin should cost 10k-12k BP in Galactic Assault.

I don't think he should be further nerfed for galactic assault. I just think that being the chosen one, and so powerful, he should cost substantially more than the other heroes.

Perhaps allow one extra villain on the battlefront to also compensate?
  • That’s it For the Darkside. And again, if every Hero had a default 15 HP or so per kill, a lot of the meta picks would no longer be wholly necessary for GA and free up space to equip some actually unique cards. I hope you and the team can gleam something from all that I wrote. I’ll begin all the Light side Characters at some later point next.

Wow. Thank you for all your good points and taking the time to type them all out!

NP, I made a better list for the light side, that's a little bit easier to follow. I'm revising some of my changes for the Dark Side in light of this.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • vBREEDv
    268 posts Member
    All I have to say is PLEASE begin the balancing players ASAP like before June please Luke by May at the most
  • I would say it really isn't that bad as it is but there needs to be a viable counter to annakin in GA. Matches have become pretty one dimensional and predictable.

I can stop myself being killed by annakin but if I want to attack in anyway I am wasting my time

However the counter may already be there but we haven't found it yet.
  • So here are balance changes i suggest

ANAKIN
    *HEROIC MIGHT
    -base damage cap of 300 dmg against Villains (350 against normal troopers) and 32 second cooldown.
    *RETRIBUTION
    -base damage cap of 250dmg against Villains (350 against normal troopers), range reduction and charging rate changes
    -retribiution have two phases, choke should do 150 dmg, push 100 dmg. If you get cought by choke its stuns lock you in air for 4.2 seconds. Increase choke to push animation speed so it will eliminate that stun lock
    -choke range should be reducer to Lukes REPULSE (base range). Push can stay as it is right now
    -while Heroic Might is active and charging (with 90% damage reduction) the damage that Anakin take fills his Retribiution meter. This needs to be changed, charging Retribiution from damage taken while on 90% damage reduction is to generous and needs to be toned down.
    *PASIONATE STRIKE
    -needs base damage cap of 150 dmg against Villains, 50 for first strike and 100 for second and remove knockdown effect (make it drain 70% of enemy stamina)
    *STAR CARDS
    -nerf his extra health star card from 200HP to 100HP (his max health should be 900)

Other heroes

COUNT DOOKU
    *Lightning Stun
    -lightning stun damage is ok at 120 but efect of knockdown is realy weak allowing for oponent insta block from lying position
    *DUELIST
    -his strikes during Duelist should draning enemy block stamina faster

-GENERAL GRIEVOUS
    *CLAW RUSH
    -should be a move that cannot be interrupted by enemy attacks and abilities

OBI WAN
    *DEFENSIVE RUSH
    -needs knockdown efect added if not blocked by enemy
    -turn rate and speed slightly increased
    -able to cancel with dash
    -can be triggered while blocking
    *RESTRICTIVE MIND TRICK
    -shoud cancel every enemy/Vilain stat buffs and deactiwate all theirs abillities

KYLO REN
    *PULL
    - base damage increased to 60
    *FRENZY
    -last attack breaks through block
    *FREEZ
    -damage reduction while using (70%)

VADER
    *CHOKE
    -150 guaranteed damage
    -60% damage reduction while using
    *FOCUSED RAGE
    -150 damage per saber strike

*MAUL
    -needs block against force powers
  • Please just make it to where all saber heroes can one shot troopers in GA
  • vBREEDv wrote: »
    Please just make it to where all saber heroes can one shot troopers in GA

Yeah, honestly what I keep saying. . .
  • Ps4VaderMain
    211 posts Member
    edited March 13
    In both modes, Luke Skywalker needs a longer range for his base push and it should have a quicker regen. Maybe like 15 seconds or so.
    Post edited by Ps4VaderMain on
  • All lightsaber heroes should do the same damage with every strike too.
  • Captain Phasma is in the running for worst Hero in the game at this rate in Galactic assault and the reasons are pretty simple.

Her heal card is on staff strikes. Staff strikes itself was at a time a terrible ability that warranted almost no use unless you wanted to take damage in a long self stunning animation. Even now with your improvements, With a regen threshold of just 150 HP, getting close enough to even make use of staff strikes becomes counter productive when you’d probably take more damage than you’d heal back in the first place.

General Changes:

She get’s a general Heal on kill Card.

Every Staff strike has a closing Lunge, not just the first.

Her regen threshold should be increased to 200.

Her “Survivor” Abilities HP decays at a rate similar to Yoda’s. -5 every 2sec.

Phasma actually has surprisingly Good Star cards; it’s the actual character stats holding her back more than anything.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Darth Maul:

Since Launch Darth Maul has needed a block, and even more so now. As it stands he simply is no match for any saber user who can block his attacks with no way to penetrate their guard without using his basic attacks, which get him repelled and exposed for free damage. He is also highly susceptible to force attacks and stuns with no way to defend them other than dodging, which is far from a unique defense. This is mainly a HvV issue, but it also arises when he faces Light saber users in GA as well. Coupled with only 100 damage strikes he simply doesn’t have the DPS to win even a saber mash. He will almost 100% of the time lose to any Anakin he Faces, with only slightly better odds against anybody else, relatively speaking.

A master Duelist Maul took on both Qui-Gon Jin and a Young Obi-wan Kenobi on Naboo, at the same time. He nearly would’ve won too if pride had not clouded his judgment. In light of this Maul Should be highly proficient at blocking light saber strikes, but lacking in his defense against blaster fire. Make his relevant ratios the opposite of Anakins.

General Changes: +50 HP, +50 HP regen, 130 dmg saber Strikes.

Furious Throw:
    Revisit Maul’s saber throw. In the game trailer he uses it to take out a group of patrolling clones. Now, he’d be lucky to kill even one. None of the relevant cards as a result are ever worth running. The “Accelerated Throw” Card in particular which adds 30 damage is pretty much redundant since it still wouldn’t even kill a Heavy in one-shot.

Make the Saber Throw completely Horizontal, you could then adequately re-shape the hit box so the ability not only see’s more use, but is a more reliable tool in mauls arsenal. I could probably count on my hands the number of times Mauls throw has actually ever damaged me, and I’ve been playing since launch. This ability rightfully see’s little use and it needs to change if mauls ever to step up from being just an average hero.

Spin Attack:
    Maul’s Dash attack is by far his most reliable move, but I feel the damage is a bit low and it can be dodged or blocked. So with that in mind I’d increase its base damage to 130 for each dash attack. Maul Gains immunity to blaster fire during dash attack and is less sensitive to explosive damage.
    Choke Hold:
    The Base Damge of Choke Hold is increased. The Initial Choke deals 100 Damage, and the push deals 40.

Star Cards: Maul Should have more options to break the meta of flow motion, HOK, and the Blaster Fire damage reduction.

Thrown To Slow When Darth Maul Chokes two or More enemies the Damage is Increased. 30 dmg.

Change: Simply make it a Static increase to the damage of choke throw. 20, 30, 40, 50. Otherwise it’s simply is a noncompetitive pick nobody is running.

Forceful Thrust: Choke Hold throws the enemy Farther Away.
    Pretty much the only use being on ledge maps in HvV. It’s trash otherwise and helps the enemy.
    Change: Targets are briefly stunned after being choke throwed. 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8 seconds. Allows maul to get follow up strikes on targets and not immediately blocked or rolled. Competitve star card nonetheless.

Fool me Once: Darth Mauls Abilities Cool down faster. 10%. Negligible.
    Change: Whenever Darth Maul is attacked there’s a chance for all His Cool Downs to reset. 5, 10, 15, 20%.

Accelerated Throw: Saber throw Deals 30 more damage.
    Change: Saber throw deals 20, 30, 40, 50 more damage.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Only Yoda should be able to block things that aren’t lightning, ie. push pull. The emperors lightning should get absorbed into unleash like dookus
  • In battlefront 2 is one thing that I don't understand. For example Lando and Chewie. Lando has never used his blaster in the movies, but Chewie has used it more than few times and his bowcaster shot with one explosive impact. Sometimes when I play chewie his bowcaster seems to be very weak.
  • Kilo Ren shoud have also 100 % damage reduction from frontal enemy atacks while using Freez ( jist like Yoda block ). It make sense, in Force Awakens he was able to freez Poe shot in mid air

• for heroes, I would like to touch on several points:

1 remove the radar hero in GA. left to make modifications to weaken the heroes a little later, this is necessary to allow the heroes to ambush the enemy. Your hero is constantly tracked by speeders to players focusing hero. On the other hand allow the hero to see all the enemy heroes, change "bounty hunter" in an effect that permanently reveals the heroes and special units rather than the additional BP

put the radar hero ephemeral (2 seconds) when the hero makes a kill.

2 Make sure all star cards and hero abilities work as normal, then correct them for those that do not work.

3 Correct the guard of the lightsabers.
    how many times I can not activate my guard in full combat, or my enemy's attacks cross my guard or I can not activate my guard permanently after having suffered damage by activating an ability.

Change the block of the sword, in fact every time you are repulsed by a lightsaber, it is to take the risk of receiving a power of force or lightsaber shots, each player looks at himself while being in custody While waiting for the other attack to have the advantage thereafter, it does not matter if your hero has little or a lot of stamina, a single shot can change everything each time.

4 A starless hero and star cards should be skill upgrades and not capacity transformations.

Many heroes are at a disadvantage when starting a level up their hero, you are not even level against an officer.
    some skill need to be reworked as
    shoulder solo han charge
    leia shield
    lando smoke pomegranate

5 the star cards are not balanced

some star cards are more useful in GA, others in HvV, but others fill the gaps of your heroes and are vital for him, some cards stars are subject to conditions of activation too difficult for the few bonuses that they report

If I take an example, palpatine:
    "extended flash" increases the amount of lightning in all modes of play without restrictions
    In comparison "supreme electrocution" must touch at least 3 targets to activate a slight bonus of additional time, the first star card brings a greater advantage without effort.
  • freshseth83
    364 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Captain Phasma is in the running for worst Hero in the game at this rate in Galactic assault and the reasons are pretty simple.

Her heal card is on staff strikes. Staff strikes itself was at a time a terrible ability that warranted almost no use unless you wanted to take damage in a long self stunning animation. Even now with your improvements, With a regen threshold of just 150 HP, getting close enough to even make use of staff strikes becomes counter productive when you’d probably take more damage than you’d heal back in the first place.

General Changes:

Phasma actually has surprisingly Good Star cards; it’s the actual character stats holding her back more than anything.

There's three things I would add to this.

1- her "Survivor" should boost her team's health in it's vicinity like Yoda's, it'd fit her character as a 'Captain'.

2- she should be able to pick up her droid and redeploy it elsewhere like officer's turrets.

3- her health regen should be at least 250 (minimum for every hero imo) so a single Vanguard doesn't take her out
  • please nerf iden. get rid/tweak her droid batteries and alternative methods cards and she'll be fine
  • HVV

Luke: As mentioned, Luke needs serious buffs to almost everything about him. Faster swing speed, more damage per swing, block break with his dash, larger health regen.

Maul: Maul needs to not be affected like other sabers when swinging against blocks. He should be able to relentlessly swing without bouncing off and drain stamina from the defender extremely quickly. His dash should break through blocks, damage reduction during choke animation, increased choke damage, better hit detection for saber throw. A block would be nice as well.

GA

Overall, I think heroes should take slightly less splash/explosive damage from troopers. It is very rare that standing and blocking is worth it, as grenades and explosive shots will shred health anyways.
  • Emperor Palpatine

The Dark Sides absolute undisputed powerhouse. He is to the Darkside what Anakin is on the Lightside.

It’s all primarily due to a meta star card pick that he would honestly be nothing without. We all know it, and near everybody runs them in GA.

The cards are “Lightning Reach” “Lightning Absorbtion” and “Surge of Lightning”. This combination gives Emperor Palpatine a considerable distance to attack with a powerful current of force energy, and the potential to strike and kill multiple targets with his chain lightning and Heal back to full in the process. Paired with extreme mobility and the ability evade blaster fire while suspended in mid-air he’s very dangerous to all who encounter him.

That being said he could use some work on some of his other star cards so maybe we wouldn’t see the same Palpatine every game in GA. Primarily the ones dealing with his stun “Electrocute” because as of now, they’re completely worthless if they weren’t already before with the nerf on it’s duration.

General Changes:
    Electrocute Now deal 50 Damage at base.

Star Card Changes

The Rule of Two: Enemies take 30% more damage From emperor Palpatines Force lightning when Electrocuted.

Change: When Emperor Palpatine is within 15 meters of another Friendly Hero they both receive a 50, 75, 100, 150 HP buff that slowly decays otherwise.

Prime Electrocution: Electrocute shocks targets 30% longer if 3 or more were hit by it.
    Worthless card anywhere outside of HvV. Not worth sacrificing anything else for it currently. Way too situational.

Change: Electrocute Deals Damage 75, 100, 125, and 150.

Forked Lightning: Electrocute Has a larger area of effect. 20%.

Change: Make Electrocute Fire off Twice.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Bossk

The Trandoshan Bounty Hunter is one of the few Heroes I feel the team got right from the start. He has full HP regeneration. 3/3 working, versatile abilities that help clear points, secure objectives, and inflict maximum damage.

Star Card’s in his line-up could be buffed. Too many are obsolete.

Sniper Expert: star card, It’s pretty useless and I’ve yet to see anybody ever use it since launch. The advantage you’d get out of the disabled overheat is virtually worthless at the ranges you’d be sniping at.

Change: “Each Head Shot kill with instantly disables the charge up time on his sniper blasts for a maximum of 3, 4, 5, 6 seconds.

Unrelenting Predator: Reduces the CD on his other abilities from kills in predator’s insticts.

Change: The CD decrease should be on any kill, not just those while in “Predator Instincts”. It too is a fairly useless-noncompetitive star card atm.

Trap Arming Speed: 60% charge speed to Bossks mines.

Change

Black Market Explosives: Bossk’s Mines deal more base damage. 10, 15, 20, 30.

These changes would definitely add to a more competitive card selection, than to the meta of the 2 Dioxis and “Multi-Traps” cards everybody else runs.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Darth Vader

While a powerhouse at launch Vader has fallen from glory since then and is no longer the Hero he once was for clearing out points or really changing the tide of battle.

General Changes: + 100 HP. +10 Saber damage increase.

For starters his base HP needs to be reverted back to 900. Right now the young Anakin can have more Max HP than his more armored self and it definitely doesn’t sit well. Vader was also known for being a physically hard hitter with his cybernetics, so a base damage increase to at least 130 per swing should be in order, additionally he would now do 150 damage with Focused rage.

Focused Rage: Should grant an inherent 20% damage reduction and be augmented further with his “Furious Resilience” Star Card for a total of 45% damage reduction.

Force Choke: Force Choke Now grants Vader 80% damage eduction while channeling the ability. The ability deals 150 damage to Heroes and 200 to infantry over the duration.

Star Cards:

The Fueling the Rage Star Card suffers from a DAY ONE BUG that makes any recovered amount of time that bleeds over the max automatically disable the ability and put it on cooldown. This needs to change if the card is ever to be useful. (This bug effects all abilities like this such as Bossks “Ultimate Predator”)

Intensified Lightsaber Throw:
    Vaders Lightsbaer Throw deals 40 bonus damage if it hits it’s targets twice.
    Pretty much a HvV only card, easily outclassed by better picks.

Change: Darth Vader gains an additional Charge on his light saber throw. But the cool down is significantly increased or each charge. Added seconds. 12, 11, 10, 9.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Count Dooku

Dooku is a formidable melee fighter to be sure, with many and fast recharging dodges and high light saber damage with his “Duelist “ However he is not without his own faults despite being one of the better Light saber wielders in the game.

General Changes:

Lightning Stun
    One of the biggest glaring drawbacks Dooku has in particular is that he’s entirely limited to close range engagements as his force lightning in my opinion has an unrealistically short range.

Change: Holding Down the Stun button allows dooku to increase the power, range, and aim of his force lightning. The ability has overall less range than Kenobi’s push, but a much wider attack angle.

Expose weakness:
    This abilities use in Galactic Assault is hindered by the fact that it has an incredibly long animation that immobilizes dooku and leaves him too vulnerable to attack. Being a single target effect that it is, it’s almost always better to just use duelist or better yet regular strikes to kill anything but a Hero.

Change: Make the ability a straight buff to Dooku. Anybody within a 12 meter radius of Dooku takes more damage and is slowed for it’s duration. Killing Targets under it’s influence Heals Dooku an additional Bonus +25 HP and extends the abilities duration by 15%. Lasts 7 seconds.

Star Cards:

Superiority: Expose Weakness lasts 2 seconds longer on effected Targets.

Change: Assuming the Expose Weakness is actually made useful into a self buff: Tarrgets effected by expose weakness deal less damage to Dooku. 10, 15, 20, 25%.

Blind Spot Dooku Has increased attack angle with his lightning stun.

Change Lightning Stun Has increased range. 1, 2, 3, 4.

Dooku also experiences a BUG where his “Duelist” abilities increased attack speed animations will be canceled whenever performing a closing strike. Which is pretty much at any point dooku is sprinting before he attacks, which is near always. Needs a fix.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • General Grievous

General Changes:

Unrelenting Advance:
    Even with the adjustments it is still an underwhelming overly situational ability indeed. It still has poor control, and without the ability to move backwards and reposition, it frankly never will. Hits with unrelenting advance still don’t trigger fast enough to prevent enemies from rolling behind you. You are also an even easier target with explosives and blaster fire alike.
    Give it Base Damage reduction of 40%. Buff the Base Strike Damage of the Buzz saw to 150.

Thrust Surge:
    Enables all 4 light sabers to be used for a brief duration for slightly more damage. Needs to be animated if not already hidden in the files.

Star Cards
    The Droid General Heavily relies on his claw rush and the Sith Trained Star card to carry him. Without of which infantry have a much easier time tying him up with roll immunity due to his slow swing speed, and it becomes exponentially much more difficult to take more than 1 well trained trooper at a time.

In light of Anakins Damage potential with his increased damage star card, Grievous should have his additional stamina cost lifted off his card.

The obvious meta with Grievous is “Sith Trained”, “Beating Heart”, and the HOK. It doesn’t take a genius to figure this out. They are so fundamental to his most successful play style there’s simply no feasible reason to ever not run these 3 cards. He needs better or competitive options. Assuming Unrelenting advance gets buffed, not too much needs to change.

Deadly Slashes: Grievous does more damage with Unrelenting Advannce. +40 dmg.

Change:

Unrelenting Greivious has increased Maximum Health. 50, 75, 100, 150.

Momentum: General Grievous deals more Damage with thrust Surge. +40. Not a competitive pick, that simple.

Change:
    After Grievous Activates Thrust surge he takes 30% less damage for 2, 3, 4, 5 seconds.

xnvLDB.gif
  • Kylo Ren:

The Buffs to Kylo Ren have been progressively better, but he’s just not there quite yet. I’m suggesting a few changes to his stats and some to his star cards.

Total Control: Increases Force freeze duration by 50% if 3 or more targets are caught in it.
    Still less freeze time than even before it was nerfed. So now totally worthless

Change: Turn it into a 25, 50, 75, 100 increased regen threshold card.

Resiliency: Kylo Ren does more damage if he is near a friendly Hero. +20.
    Another example of a too situational pick in GA.

Change: Make it into a Flat Damage increase, and looking at Anakin or Grievous, there’s really no excuse as to why not. 5, 10, 15, 20 Flat damage increase.
    Harsh Pull: Increase Kylo Ren’s Pull Damage by 20, 30, 40, 50.
    Considering Anakin Starts off at 70 damge without cards, and over 150 with, it could use a buff.

Change: Kylo Rens Pull Damage is increased by 80, 90, 100, 110.

Additionally, not too long ago you guys added damage reduction to Kylo Ren’s frenzy. It was necessary because at the time it did low damage, had a propensity to swing at air, and there was no way to exit the move. It’s a lot less relevant now since the ability has a max of three strikes and can travel much further distances.

In the movies Kylo was able to shrug off pain while pressing the attack, making him a ruthless aggressor. To keep in line with this and put Ren at a game changer level I suggest tweaking his completely his underused “Berserking Tantrum” star card. Currently it’s just 15% extra attack stamina.

Change: Kylo Ren takes less Damage while swinging his lightsaber with full stamina. 15, 20, 25, 30%. Kylo Ren suffers a penalty to his overall stamina regeneration. -40%.

With These changes in mind Ren definitely would be a force to consider and I think now just as effective at taking points/objectives as palpatine or bossk.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Boba Fett

Boba Fett is essentially denied his Jetpack by any form of explosive shot infantry have access too. To address this I’d say give the knockdown effect on bobas pack a threshold of 80 damage. His blaster is Lackluster to say the least, and after several HvV nerfs His overall arsenal against infantry has been neutered, if it was ever all that effective to begin with.

General Changes:

+50 HP. +50 regen.
    Rocket Barrage: Partially Restore the Launch Area of Effect on his barrage.
    As it stands now his barrage requires far too much accuracy for an explosive projectile, not nearly as useful as it once was in Galactic assault for targeting groups of clustered infantry. Given its long CD, it’s should be more powerful.

For The Hunt:
    The ability should simply be the Mirror of Rey’s insight. The Default Scan distance should see it’s range improved as well. Additionally, while “For The Hunt” is active, disable Boba’s melee and re-map it into a zoom. While active He receives no damage drop off on His EE-3 and he gains a passive 10% damage reduction

Concussion Rocket:
    This ability doesn’t hinder his targets enough to grant him that much of a tactical advantage. They can still run, and accurately shoot back at Boba.
    In addition to further distorting it’s targets vision it should come with a slow or immobilizing effect. 25-50 or so damage should be inflicted to those caught near the blast.

Blaster
    His EE-3 is near worthless at long range, and with low Regen, close range use is just an easy way to hemorrhage HP and get whittled down to nothing. Too many infantry and enforcer blasters simply out class this weapon. So I see an Increase to the base damage of his EE-3 to 138, or 46 damage per blast, trailing back down to 105 past 25 meters. The Launch Bluurg was still better, so I see no problem with a Hero weapon being nearly as good.

Star Cards

Death From Above Star card grants 15% damage reduction while flying with his jetpack and using rocket barrage.
    It’s worthless and nobody uses it.

Change: Make it a flat damage reduction of 20% when boba’s Jetpack is active.

Anti-Hero Rockets: Rocket Barrage Deals Bonus Damage to enemy Heroes.
    Too situational for GA use, and thus relegated primarily to HvV.

Change:

Volatile Ordinance: The Area of effect on Boba’s Rocket barrage is increased. 1, 2.5, 3, 3.5.

Extended Exposure: “For The Hunt” Reveals enemies for a longer Duration.
    Change: For the Hunt’s target reveal has a larger Area of effect. 10, 20, 30, 40%.

His two Jetpack Star cards “Fuel Efficiency” and ”Quick Refill” should give Values of 10, 15, 20, 25%. Too many decisively better options since you’d only run one of these at a time in the first place.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Iden Versio

Iden Versio is best played as mobile mortar. Engaging with Her actual Tl-50 up close with just 150 regen is just a way to hemorrhage HP in near every gunfight.

General Changes:

Stats: +50 regen.

Pulse Canon:

Her pulse canon is completely underwhelming doing only 120 damage when fully charged, at least in arcade. Iden mains correct me if I’m wrong, but if that’s the case then it that needs to be buffed. The default uncharged pulse canon shot should be 140, and 250 when fully charged with a moderate AoE effect like the Nt-242 with disruption. It also needs a variable Zoom.

Star Cards: Iden actually has quite a few fairly useless star cards that push people into the meta of “Droid Batteries”, “Friend in Battle”, and one of the relevant stun ranges. Here’s what I would Change:

Cooled Blaster: Idens TL-50 builds less heat. 15%.
    It’s trash nobody would run, even if you buffed the percentage.

Change:

Experimental Energy Cell: Idens TL-50 fires explosive rounds that deal more damage, but builds Heat at a faster rate. 30, 25, 20, 15% more heat buildup.

Pulse Cannon Mastery: When ever Iden Hits a target with pulse Canon they are marked for a Period of time. 4 seconds.
    Easily one of the worst star cards in the entire game, beyond trash.

Change:

Stopping Power:
    Fully Charge Pulse Canon blasts Have increased area of effect and knocks affected targets off their feet.

Shield Sustain: Droid Shield will be active for Longer Time. 10 seconds.
    Not really a competitive Star Card. Too many better options.

Change

Refuge
    Activating Droid Shield will decrease Idens Health regen Delay. 3,2,1,0 second regen Delay.

With these I feel Iden is a lot more viable first pick to start the match with, not just in the last phase or if you only main her.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited March 12
    My revised Darkside reworks. I posted them earlier, but I guess they weren't approved. I'll delete the extra posts if they pop.

Post edited by AbyssWatch3r on
    xnvLDB.gif
  • StarWars0525
    2601 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Yoda buff his lights are damaged in HVV to enemy villains

Luke buff his repulse and push damage(HVV)

Finn increase his damage

Darth maul fix him he sucks everywhere now

Boba increase fire spread and rate of fire

Plasma increase staff and gun damage

All hero’s damage reduction when using abilities in GA and HVV
  • HVV is not bad.
    But GA is completely messed up by Anakin`s 360-degree abilities.
    The radius of both abilities should be reduced in GA.
  • Killswitch on anakin all is hide use abilities and run nobody uses the saber with him lame and op hero
  • Chico
    396 posts Member
    Captain Phasma is in the running for worst Hero in the game at this rate in Galactic assault and the reasons are pretty simple.

General Changes:

There's three things I would add to this.

1- her "Survivor" should boost her team's health in it's vicinity like Yoda's, it'd fit her character as a 'Captain'.

2- she should be able to pick up her droid and redeploy it elsewhere like officer's turrets.

3- her health regen should be at least 250 (minimum for every hero imo) so a single Vanguard doesn't take her out

Droid should disappear immediately Phasma dies, surely? Someone, somewhere mentioned this a lot in the dim and distant past🤔
  • Sad_History
    120 posts Member
    edited March 13
    Just some idees before this thread is forgotten.

Yoda, Palp and Boosk are way to irritating to meet in GA. Nerf presence and lightning. Palp needs one dodge removed. Boosk needs his abilities nerfed.

In HvV the block spam need to be reduced, either by deleting stamina much faster or giving all heroes an ability to break through block. Rolling is way to OP. One roll - then a cool-down.

HoK och HoA should be removed (HvV doesn't really need them. It only prolongs a match.) and GA need more heroes used as assets and not trophies. Lower price and HU-event makes up for it.

Luke is my favorit and should be one of the weakest hitting saber hero, but compensated by making his push and repulse unblockable. Make him more of a support character than a front-line fighter. Fits him better.

Maul would thrive if his dash were unblockable. Don't give him a block. Maul is so fun to use because you never consider blocking so you always seek a way out of the target area.

• This feedback is HvV related...

There should be a better tie-in to cannon. Yoda should be the most powerful Light Side character. Luke should also be more powerful than he is; he brought balance to the Force.

The Light Side should have a hero that can fly to balance Boba.

Anakin is too powerful.

Dooku’s strikes are too powerful.

Shooters should not be able to shoot while on the ground.

Throwing physics have improved but still don’t work correctly. In fact, Maul’s throws often don’t work at all.

giphy.gif
  • If there are plans for another game then design it such that hero balancing is easier to achieve across all game modes.

It feels like this game will never get it right because you are essentially spinning plates with balancing across GA and Hero modes, trying to please everyone but really pleasing no one.
  • Force powers should always go through except when blocking with saber. You should be able to block while sprinting as a Hero (not while jumping doe) all saber heroes should do 150dmg and the starcards HOK, being able to regen more Hp and dealing more dmg with the saber should be reworked into passives for all Heroes ...also Blaster heroes shouldnt be able to melee saber heroes(in fact they should get dmg for doing it).
  • awakespace wrote: »
    HoK is passive trait for all heroes (this includes Palp's Lightning Absorption and Iden's Friend in Battle becoming passive traits)

All saber users do minimum of 150 damage if hitting from behind

All blaster heroes get 50 more health regeneration

All heroes aside from Anakin get 50 more base health

Note: I'm adding some capacity to break through block to all saber users

Anakin:
    • Decrease retribution maximum damage to 250 (choke does 150 - final push does 100)

Luke:
    • 120 damage base
    • 120 Rush
    • Push damage to heroes increased from 90 to 120
    • Rush breaks through block partially causing 50 damage
    • Repulse does 150 damage and has 40% damage reduction during use
    • Buff his cards - Jedi Fighter stamina increase to 30%, Rush Immunity damage decrease to 50%, Deflection Mastery adds 25% damage to deflected shots

Rey:
    • Dash Strike breaks through block
    • Increase hero HoK from 60 to 100

Yoda:
    • Jump as high as basic Jedi (Rey, Kylo, Obi, etc.)
    • Push does 150 damage base and 300 at full charge
    • Yoda can block lightsabers with his lightsaber
    • Star Cards: Increase Jedi Mentor damage resistance to 10%, Opposing the Dark Side damage increase to 20

Obi-Wan:
    • Defensive Rush move speed increased - 25% faster
    • Able to jump out of Defensive Rush
    • Defensive Rush can be triggered while blocking
    • Defensive Rush will break through block
    • Mind-trick is reworked to stop all offensive capacity, abilities, and blocking - and only allow characters to run, jump, and dodge. If boba is on the ground he will not be able to startup his jetpack, but if he's in the air, it will not knock him out of the sky.

Maul:
    • Saber throw fixed to work exactly like it did at launch
    • Spin Attack partially breaks through block causing 75 damage
    • Base lightsaber attack does 110 damage
    • Choke Hold does 100 damage
    • Maul has 50% damage reduction during Choke Hold
    • Add ability to block force attacks like Yoda but not lightsabers or blasters

Kylo:
    • Pull has base damage of 50 (can be increased to 100 with card)
    • Frenzy fully breaks through block
    • Frenzy can be triggered while moving and/or blocking

Vader:
    • Choke does 150 damage
    • Vader has 50% damage reduction during Choke
    • Focused rage causes 150 damage per saber strike

Dooku:
    • Expose weakness allows Dooku (only Dooku) to partially damage through block at 40%
    • Lightning stun has increased range by 20%

Grievous:
    • Thrust Surge partially breaks block causing 100 damage but no knock down

Finn:
    • Big deal causes no running speed reduction
    • Regular HoK (not tied to Glie)
    • Undercover team Glie-44 breaks through block at 50% damage

Lando:
    • Increased damage of blaster slightly
    • Have less damage drop-off at range
    • Decrease recoil
    • Smoke slows opponents (similar to Palp's Dark Aura) and increase any damage taken by 25%

Leia:
    • Make shield inside area cause damage to villains who enter at rate of Bossk's Dioxis

Boba:
    • Concussion missile should cause 50 damage and cause knock down if it hits directly - if it is just splash it should function as it does now
    • Can recover if knocked out of the air - this works to recover from both explosions and from force powers - this is a 4th ability (triggered like Anakin's) - it has a 7 second cool down - it makes a mechanical click sound like he is repairing it - the ability takes 1 second to complete before Boba can fly again

Phasma:
    • Full HoK (not tied to only staff strikes)

Chewy:
    • Full HoK (not tied only to charge slam), but when defeating villains it only gives him 50 health (not 100)

Kylos abilities should be faster (the animation just takes 2 long)and Freeze should give u some sort of bonus(1st attack on a frozen enemy deals 50% more dmg or something) and is being broken by blaster fire aswell. Other than that great post man you made this like a professional :)
  • Another way to balance the heroes? Put the max of heroes available in Galactic Assault at 2 per side.

4 heroes, especially in the last phases (that often are full of choke points) are too many and broke all the balance. I said this from the start of the game. Put the max number of heroes at 2 per side.

At max you can leave 4 heroes in last phases of some maps like Geonosis, Kashyyk, Star killer base and maybe Death Star, maps where the last phase is very big like in Geonosis or where is divided in two large objective points as the other 3 i mentioned. But definitely you can't leave 4 heroes in maps like Endor, Naboo, Mos Eisley, Kamino, Takodana etc etc..
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Another way to balance the heroes? Put the max of heroes available in Galactic Assault at 2 per side.
    Not sure this is wise with Anakin running around.
  • ID_8615
    787 posts Member
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Another way to balance the heroes? Put the max of heroes available in Galactic Assault at 2 per side.

Answer: Anakin shouldn't be.
    On Kashyyyk, it's fun to get in a tank and blast him with the big gun. You can watch him run like a little coward all the way back to the Juggernauts. But in confined areas with no big gun support, Ani gets to be a big hero (LOL) like on Crait or Kamino.. 😁😁
  • Supino
    155 posts Member
    edited March 13
    There is not going to be any balance because you broke the meta. Anakin has 4 abiltities, remove one of them, nerf him to the ground or give the other heroes a 4 abilitie. The best one is hands down the last option. Luke needs some love because he is a hit and run character that dont do a lot of damage, Maul needs to block, yoda needs to jump higher and block lightsabers and Grievous Unrelenting Advance needs a damage reduction and especially speed increase. If you cant give that to Grievous, please rework that abilitie. Vader's Choke should have a damage reduction. But i must say, none of this should be attemped before you give the other characters a 4 abiltie or remove one from Anakin, because you simple broke the meta.
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »

Answer: Anakin shouldn't be.
    On Kashyyyk, it's fun to get in a tank and blast him with the big gun. You can watch him run like a little coward all the way back to the Juggernauts. But in confined areas with no big gun support, Ani gets to be a big hero (LOL) like on Crait or Kamino.. 😁😁

Crait has AT-ST's and AT-M6's. The first can be manned and AT-ST's are hero slayers. AT-M6's auto target you. Every time I play as a hero on that stage, if I pop out the tunnels at all, the M6's will hit me as a hero. Kamino has ledges, Maul has a choke throw, just toss him off when he's bothered. If that doesn't work get out explosive shot or sentry.
  • ID_8615
    787 posts Member
    edited March 13
    But you can't drive those vehicles underground. The LS heroes either sit way back in the fort (Leia, especially). Or, they lurk underground. On Kashyyyk, there is no place for little orphan Ani to hide, except behind a few hutts or in a juggernaut.
  • freshseth83
    364 posts Member
    edited March 13
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    But you can't drive those vehicles underground. The LS heroes either sit way back in the fort (Leia, especially). Or, they lurk underground. On Kashyyyk, there is no place for little orphan Ani to hide, except behind a few hutts or in a juggernaut.

AT-ST's have a scan feature and their main weapon has splash damage. He can't hide in the Crait tunnels forever. During the fall back phases, you have to go above ground at least once or twice.
  • ID_8615
    787 posts Member
    AT-ST's have a scan feature and their main weapon has splash damage. He can't hide in the Crait tunnels forever. During the fall back phases, you have to go above ground at least once or twice.
    Do you think your AT-ST can walk around with impunity waiting, guns pointed in the proper direction, for that one moment in time to rocket Ani-man?? And on Crait, it was Stage 2 where both Ani and Ben we're spawn-kill scumming the heck out of the First Order; neither had to pop up above ground from the tunnels.

• What if they took away Anakin's health card? Does anyone think that might balance him? So he's incredibly powerful, can take out whole rooms of people, but you need to play smart because if you take damage, that health is gone for good.
  • ID_8615
    787 posts Member
    Why is he taking out rooms of people in the first place??? That's a far more important question to ask. What was DICE thinking when they made Mr. Super-Bomb??
  • Remove Anakin from the game and we will have balance in the force again. 360 degrees for his abilities is crazy.
  • Remove Anakin from the game and we will have balance in the force again. 360 degrees for his abilities is crazy.

Not in HvV. Anakin is the only LS hero right now stopping the DS from winning a super majority of HvV matches. HvV is a lot more balanced right now.

I agree, though, GA is not.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    GA is just a deplorable setting now. Too many heroes / villains interfering with what used to be a fun game to play. Doesn't matter if it's Crait or Geonosis or the Death Star II, GA is all about who gets the most rodent kills as Hero-of-Your-Choice. Objects... ? what objective other than don't get slaughtered within 10 seconds by a Big_Name.. ? Such a joke of a game now.

@F8RGE - for the love of JarJar, take Heroes / Villains out of GA!!!

Lmao, just ask for a trooper only mode or GA playable offline in Arcade. We all know that's what you're really after here. Too many Heroes are undeniably trash in GA if anything. You always see the same characters game after game. Lando, Chewbacca, or boba fett outside of phase 4 is almost non-existent.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Anakin

- the more you charge up heroic might the longer the cooldown, make it very very long

- the charge up for retribution does not include damage taken during heroic might ability