criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

One thing that can bring this game back quickly: The Old Republic content

Prev1
CaptainM09
173 posts Member
edited March 13
It's hard too look at the past year regarding this game. Many people have abandoned ship, and many plan to leave if the new game mode is not good. Despite the new reinforcements looking good, Battlefront II needs a big update to regain all those who left.

Let's look at another EA Star wars game: Galaxy of Heroes.
That game was popular, but not that popular. However, when old republic content started coming out, Galaxy of Heroes started to become famous, hitting the billboards multiple times.

If Battlefront II were to have an Old Republic update (SWTOR or KOTOR, at this point, it does not matter) Then I'm sure most of the Community would come back. I mean, who wouldn't want to play Revan in HvV?

Ea clearly managed to persuade Disney to get Old republic content for Galaxy of Heroes, so why not Battlefront II? The game (except for the campaign) isn't canon, so it works out?

@F8RGE

This may be the game's only hope if the new gamemode turns out to be bad.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
Post edited by CaptainM09 on

Replies

  • Heroes (especially another saber hero) will not save this game. We need bug fixes, new maps and trooper content.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Heroes (especially another saber hero) will not save this game. We need bug fixes, new maps and trooper content.

    new maps: Old Republic maps

    old republic weapons

    this is a star wars game, there is going to be lightsaber heroes. If you don't want lightsaber heroes, go play a non star wars game.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    0% they add non-canon heroes to bf2

    If they could with Galaxy of Heroes, they can with Battlefront II
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • Versatti wrote: »
    No thanks, it’s absolute junk content.

    What do you consider junk content?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • No matter how good it would be, it’s non canon and never happening
    Hech4Lyf!
  • Versatti
    1984 posts Member
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Versatti wrote: »
    No thanks, it’s absolute junk content.

    What do you consider junk content?

    I just hate the way the stories try to one up the Sith and their super weapons. Honestly drives me to distraction that Darth Arachnid has nine arms, 12 lightsabers and pilots a star destroyer 40 times bigger than the executor.
  • No matter how good it would be, it’s non canon and never happening

    Battlefront II is non-canon, apart from the campaign.
    So it is possible.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • jordi1337
    1345 posts Member
    Heroes (especially another saber hero) will not save this game. We need bug fixes, new maps and trooper content.

    bug fixes and trooper content wont bring them new people and it wouldnt raise as much awareness as a hero or a map. but i would love to have a big update that only focuses on bug fixes and after that a new big map
  • Versatti wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Versatti wrote: »
    No thanks, it’s absolute junk content.

    What do you consider junk content?

    I just hate the way the stories try to one up the Sith and their super weapons. Honestly drives me to distraction that Darth Arachnid has nine arms, 12 lightsabers and pilots a star destroyer 40 times bigger than the executor.

    Not sure what kind of Old republic you read, but its certainly not like this in my books.

    Back on topic, however, is that Old Republic is loved by many fans. Some consider it the best star wars game. If it were announced, I bet it will attract people, which is what this game needs.

    It could make way for great maps, like for example a GA of the sacking of Coruscant.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • Lee1981
    1953 posts Member
    Sorry Captain but your talking rubbish
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Sorry Captain but your talking rubbish

    when you don't explain why, you are the one talking rubbish
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • Lee1981
    1953 posts Member
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Sorry Captain but your talking rubbish

    when you don't explain why, you are the one talking rubbish
    Nothing is gonna bring players back this game, especially not your rubbish idea, there are too many better and more popular games out there than new players to start or old players to come back
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Sorry Captain but your talking rubbish

    when you don't explain why, you are the one talking rubbish
    Nothing is gonna bring players back this game, especially not your rubbish idea, there are too many better and more popular games out there than new players to start or old players to come back

    My "rubbish idea" is a plan to help the devs to give this game another chance. It's not by abandoning ship and complaining that the game will be better.

    I give ideas to the devs, constructive criticism in order to help them.

    So tell me, which is better: Saying to someone they have a rubbish idea without explaining why or giving a better idea and helping to improve the game.

    You always complain, and you never help to solve the problem.

    Next time, think of a more intelligent answer instead of "you're idea is rubbish"

    You don't like this game? then leave
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • Lee1981
    1953 posts Member
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Sorry Captain but your talking rubbish

    when you don't explain why, you are the one talking rubbish
    Nothing is gonna bring players back this game, especially not your rubbish idea, there are too many better and more popular games out there than new players to start or old players to come back

    My "rubbish idea" is a plan to help the devs to give this game another chance. It's not by abandoning ship and complaining that the game will be better.

    I give ideas to the devs, constructive criticism in order to help them.

    So tell me, which is better: Saying to someone they have a rubbish idea without explaining why or giving a better idea and helping to improve the game.

    You always complain, and you never help to solve the problem.

    Next time, think of a more intelligent answer instead of "you're idea is rubbish"

    You don't like this game? then leave
    I’d rather not see another thread with ideas that the devs are not going to implement ever

    Look at how they have handled this game and how many bugs there are still in the game from launch, that tells its own story

    So yes keep coming up with these stupid ideas, and watch how it gets ignored like the other 99% of suggestion threads


  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Sorry Captain but your talking rubbish

    when you don't explain why, you are the one talking rubbish
    Nothing is gonna bring players back this game, especially not your rubbish idea, there are too many better and more popular games out there than new players to start or old players to come back

    My "rubbish idea" is a plan to help the devs to give this game another chance. It's not by abandoning ship and complaining that the game will be better.

    I give ideas to the devs, constructive criticism in order to help them.

    So tell me, which is better: Saying to someone they have a rubbish idea without explaining why or giving a better idea and helping to improve the game.

    You always complain, and you never help to solve the problem.

    Next time, think of a more intelligent answer instead of "you're idea is rubbish"

    You don't like this game? then leave
    I’d rather not see another thread with ideas that the devs are not going to implement ever

    Look at how they have handled this game and how many bugs there are still in the game from launch, that tells its own story

    So yes keep coming up with these stupid ideas, and watch how it gets ignored like the other 99% of suggestion threads


    Even if my ideas are ignored, I will still be happy that I have given a chance at the devs to save their game. Whether they listen or not, thats their problem. But you have no right to call my ideas stupid when you are not doing anything to help this game.

    If this game does go down, at least I will know that I proposed ideas, and that I didn't help to bring it down.

    Complaining about what others said is not helping the devs at all.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • Lee1981
    1953 posts Member
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Sorry Captain but your talking rubbish

    when you don't explain why, you are the one talking rubbish
    Nothing is gonna bring players back this game, especially not your rubbish idea, there are too many better and more popular games out there than new players to start or old players to come back

    My "rubbish idea" is a plan to help the devs to give this game another chance. It's not by abandoning ship and complaining that the game will be better.

    I give ideas to the devs, constructive criticism in order to help them.

    So tell me, which is better: Saying to someone they have a rubbish idea without explaining why or giving a better idea and helping to improve the game.

    You always complain, and you never help to solve the problem.

    Next time, think of a more intelligent answer instead of "you're idea is rubbish"

    You don't like this game? then leave
    I’d rather not see another thread with ideas that the devs are not going to implement ever

    Look at how they have handled this game and how many bugs there are still in the game from launch, that tells its own story

    So yes keep coming up with these stupid ideas, and watch how it gets ignored like the other 99% of suggestion threads


    Even if my ideas are ignored, I will still be happy that I have given a chance at the devs to save their game. Whether they listen or not, thats their problem. But you have no right to call my ideas stupid when you are not doing anything to help this game.

    If this game does go down, at least I will know that I proposed ideas, and that I didn't help to bring it down.

    Complaining about what others said is not helping the devs at all.
    Whatever, this isn’t about some moral “give myself a pat on the back”

    They have had yours & my money, they couldn’t careless about saving the game, they already know it’s been a big failure and nothing will change that
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Sorry Captain but your talking rubbish

    when you don't explain why, you are the one talking rubbish
    Nothing is gonna bring players back this game, especially not your rubbish idea, there are too many better and more popular games out there than new players to start or old players to come back

    My "rubbish idea" is a plan to help the devs to give this game another chance. It's not by abandoning ship and complaining that the game will be better.

    I give ideas to the devs, constructive criticism in order to help them.

    So tell me, which is better: Saying to someone they have a rubbish idea without explaining why or giving a better idea and helping to improve the game.

    You always complain, and you never help to solve the problem.

    Next time, think of a more intelligent answer instead of "you're idea is rubbish"

    You don't like this game? then leave
    I’d rather not see another thread with ideas that the devs are not going to implement ever

    Look at how they have handled this game and how many bugs there are still in the game from launch, that tells its own story

    So yes keep coming up with these stupid ideas, and watch how it gets ignored like the other 99% of suggestion threads


    Even if my ideas are ignored, I will still be happy that I have given a chance at the devs to save their game. Whether they listen or not, thats their problem. But you have no right to call my ideas stupid when you are not doing anything to help this game.

    If this game does go down, at least I will know that I proposed ideas, and that I didn't help to bring it down.

    Complaining about what others said is not helping the devs at all.
    Whatever, this isn’t about some moral “give myself a pat on the back”

    They have had yours & my money, they couldn’t careless about saving the game, they already know it’s been a big failure and nothing will change that

    I agree that this argument is turning into nothing.
    I just want you to remember to actually give constructive criticism or explain why someone's idea is not a good one.

    Saying it's rubbish doesn't help.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    Old Republic needs it's own Battlefront game.
  • Versatti wrote: »
    No thanks, it’s absolute junk content.

    You obviously have no idea what you’re talking about.
    Versatti wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Versatti wrote: »
    No thanks, it’s absolute junk content.

    What do you consider junk content?

    I just hate the way the stories try to one up the Sith and their super weapons. Honestly drives me to distraction that Darth Arachnid has nine arms, 12 lightsabers and pilots a star destroyer 40 times bigger than the executor.
    Like I said...
    PSN: DarthLano19
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    Versatti wrote: »
    No thanks, it’s absolute junk content.

    Where as the OT was a bumbling attempt at creating a coherent story?

    I agree aspect of the old republic isnt great, too much to mention about SWtor. Yet the era has a lot to offer if content was refined enough.
  • Versatti
    1984 posts Member
    SWymsa wrote: »
    Versatti wrote: »
    No thanks, it’s absolute junk content.

    Where as the OTwas a bumbling attempt at creating a coherent story?

    I agree aspect of the old republic isnt great, too much to mention about SWtor. Yet the era has a lot to offer if content was refined enough.

    The original and best. Nuff said.
  • If they add Old Republic content before Rogue One I will quit this game.
  • It's not canon.
    The time has come at last, to throw away this mask...
  • Love Kotor
  • Tatsumaki wrote: »
    It's not canon.

    Vader is fighting himself while being allied to the guy that has his skull in his living room. This game is not canon and it can't be.

    Having established that everything goes, I would love a reprogrammed HK 47 / 50 / 51 for the LS.
  • Phyxsius wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    It's not canon.

    Vader is fighting himself while being allied to the guy that has his skull in his living room. This game is not canon and it can't be.

    Having established that everything goes, I would love a reprogrammed HK 47 / 50 / 51 for the LS.
    The campaign let’s us immerse ourselves into a story. That story, Iden, operation Cinder, etc is now a part of the official SW story line, aka ‘canon.’

    The game modes are not canon. It’s a map, with characters & an objective. There’s no story being told, so of course it’s not canon...it’s a game mode.
    PSN: DarthLano19
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    Versatti wrote: »
    SWymsa wrote: »
    Versatti wrote: »
    No thanks, it’s absolute junk content.

    Where as the OTwas a bumbling attempt at creating a coherent story?

    I agree aspect of the old republic isnt great, too much to mention about SWtor. Yet the era has a lot to offer if content was refined enough.

    The original and best. Nuff said.

    In your opinion, nuff said.
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    Phyxsius wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    It's not canon.

    Vader is fighting himself while being allied to the guy that has his skull in his living room. This game is not canon and it can't be.

    Having established that everything goes, I would love a reprogrammed HK 47 / 50 / 51 for the LS.
    The campaign let’s us immerse ourselves into a story. That story, Iden, operation Cinder, etc is now a part of the official SW story line, aka ‘canon.’

    The game modes are not canon. It’s a map, with characters & an objective. There’s no story being told, so of course it’s not canon...it’s a game mode.

    Well, adding Old Republic characters to the non canon part of the game, like the multiplayer, should be no problem. Would be if they'd put Mickey Mouse in with a lightsaber, but not if they add characters that appeared in other Star Wars games.

    My logic here is the following: in a non canon part of a game it makes no sense to be hell bent on canon accuracy, because it's either canon as a whole, or it's not, and then you got all the freedom that you want, like adding any hero you can think of.

    My 2 cents anyway.
  • Phyxsius wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    Phyxsius wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    It's not canon.

    Vader is fighting himself while being allied to the guy that has his skull in his living room. This game is not canon and it can't be.

    Having established that everything goes, I would love a reprogrammed HK 47 / 50 / 51 for the LS.
    The campaign let’s us immerse ourselves into a story. That story, Iden, operation Cinder, etc is now a part of the official SW story line, aka ‘canon.’

    The game modes are not canon. It’s a map, with characters & an objective. There’s no story being told, so of course it’s not canon...it’s a game mode.

    Well, adding Old Republic characters to the non canon part of the game, like the multiplayer, should be no problem. Would be if they'd put Mickey Mouse in with a lightsaber, but not if they add characters that appeared in other Star Wars games.

    My logic here is the following: in a non canon part of a game it makes no sense to be hell bent on canon accuracy, because it's either canon as a whole, or it's not, and then you got all the freedom that you want, like adding any hero you can think of.

    My 2 cents anyway.

    @Dash?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Sorry Captain but your talking rubbish

    when you don't explain why, you are the one talking rubbish
    Nothing is gonna bring players back this game, especially not your rubbish idea, there are too many better and more popular games out there than new players to start or old players to come back

    My "rubbish idea" is a plan to help the devs to give this game another chance. It's not by abandoning ship and complaining that the game will be better.

    I give ideas to the devs, constructive criticism in order to help them.

    So tell me, which is better: Saying to someone they have a rubbish idea without explaining why or giving a better idea and helping to improve the game.

    You always complain, and you never help to solve the problem.

    Next time, think of a more intelligent answer instead of "you're idea is rubbish"

    You don't like this game? then leave
    I’d rather not see another thread with ideas that the devs are not going to implement ever

    Look at how they have handled this game and how many bugs there are still in the game from launch, that tells its own story

    So yes keep coming up with these stupid ideas, and watch how it gets ignored like the other 99% of suggestion threads


    Even if my ideas are ignored, I will still be happy that I have given a chance at the devs to save their game. Whether they listen or not, thats their problem. But you have no right to call my ideas stupid when you are not doing anything to help this game.

    If this game does go down, at least I will know that I proposed ideas, and that I didn't help to bring it down.

    Complaining about what others said is not helping the devs at all.
    Whatever, this isn’t about some moral “give myself a pat on the back”

    They have had yours & my money, they couldn’t careless about saving the game, they already know it’s been a big failure and nothing will change that

    I agree that this argument is turning into nothing.
    I just want you to remember to actually give constructive criticism or explain why someone's idea is not a good one.

    Saying it's rubbish doesn't help.

    I agree in that the new mode likely will not be enough to revive this game, if some fundamental problems that have existed since launch continue to persist.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Dash
    11556 posts Member
    edited March 14
    Phyxsius wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    Phyxsius wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    It's not canon.

    Vader is fighting himself while being allied to the guy that has his skull in his living room. This game is not canon and it can't be.

    Having established that everything goes, I would love a reprogrammed HK 47 / 50 / 51 for the LS.
    The campaign let’s us immerse ourselves into a story. That story, Iden, operation Cinder, etc is now a part of the official SW story line, aka ‘canon.’

    The game modes are not canon. It’s a map, with characters & an objective. There’s no story being told, so of course it’s not canon...it’s a game mode.

    Well, adding Old Republic characters to the non canon part of the game, like the multiplayer, should be no problem. Would be if they'd put Mickey Mouse in with a lightsaber, but not if they add characters that appeared in other Star Wars games.

    My logic here is the following: in a non canon part of a game it makes no sense to be hell bent on canon accuracy, because it's either canon as a whole, or it's not, and then you got all the freedom that you want, like adding any hero you can think of.

    My 2 cents anyway.

    @Dash?

    xn7is3yvpszz.gif

    “Who dare summon me”!? - Cave of Wonders
    @BucksawBoushh :wink:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • Phyxsius wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    Phyxsius wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    It's not canon.

    Vader is fighting himself while being allied to the guy that has his skull in his living room. This game is not canon and it can't be.

    Having established that everything goes, I would love a reprogrammed HK 47 / 50 / 51 for the LS.
    The campaign let’s us immerse ourselves into a story. That story, Iden, operation Cinder, etc is now a part of the official SW story line, aka ‘canon.’

    The game modes are not canon. It’s a map, with characters & an objective. There’s no story being told, so of course it’s not canon...it’s a game mode.

    Well, adding Old Republic characters to the non canon part of the game, like the multiplayer, should be no problem. Would be if they'd put Mickey Mouse in with a lightsaber, but not if they add characters that appeared in other Star Wars games.

    My logic here is the following: in a non canon part of a game it makes no sense to be hell bent on canon accuracy, because it's either canon as a whole, or it's not, and then you got all the freedom that you want, like adding any hero you can think of.

    My 2 cents anyway.

    I understand what you’re saying...however...[in my opinion]the games modes aren’t non-canon BECAUSE they’re not canon (Vader vs Anakin) they’re not canon because there just game modes. In other words it’s not a matter of canon story’s vs non canon stories, it’s just a game mode...however with that being said, the game modes currently only feature canon characters.

    I’ve read all the Old Republic books & they’re all pretty awesome. So I’d love for it to happen, I just don’t think it ever will.

    Hopefully they eventually do a live-action Old Republic movie, then we’ll for sure get them in some canon SW game


    Anyway, just my 2 cents
    PSN: DarthLano19
  • Versatti wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Versatti wrote: »
    No thanks, it’s absolute junk content.

    What do you consider junk content?

    I just hate the way the stories try to one up the Sith and their super weapons. Honestly drives me to distraction that Darth Arachnid has nine arms, 12 lightsabers and pilots a star destroyer 40 times bigger than the executor.

    I'd argue that's an issue with Star Wars as a whole lol.
  • SWTOR and KotOR are some of the greatest eras of Star Wars, but they aren’t part of the current canon. So the odds are really 0 they see the light of day in battlefront. Maybe that’ll change in future years if one of the new coming trilogies is based in that era which is actually rumored, and would be a welcome break from the OT/ST moviefest they’ve had going on lately.
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • Would absolutely love Old Republic content, but Battlefront 2 is being treated as a canon game and Old Republic is no longer canon :disappointed:
  • AssaultPlazma
    188 posts Member
    edited March 14
    Would absolutely love Old Republic content, but Battlefront 2 is being treated as a canon game and Old Republic is no longer canon :disappointed:

    Real shame considering it's a vastly superior cannon (IMHO) to the PT, OT or ST garbage these days.
  • Versatti wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Versatti wrote: »
    No thanks, it’s absolute junk content.

    What do you consider junk content?

    I just hate the way the stories try to one up the Sith and their super weapons. Honestly drives me to distraction that Darth Arachnid has nine arms, 12 lightsabers and pilots a star destroyer 40 times bigger than the executor.

    Lolwut? Are we even talking about the same universe?
  • Anyway, as I keep saying in every old republic post, it would only ruin it, these are no longer the times where they can make it into something good, not even today Bioware can handle it.
  • Phyxsius wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    It's not canon.

    Vader is fighting himself while being allied to the guy that has his skull in his living room. This game is not canon and it can't be.

    Having established that everything goes, I would love a reprogrammed HK 47 / 50 / 51 for the LS.

    Anakin and vader are both canon
    The time has come at last, to throw away this mask...
  • The last thing this game needs is more PT content.
  • The last thing this game needs is more PT content.

    Are you sure you know what the Old Republic is? I highly doubt it has anything to do with the current PT content that we have
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • The last thing this game needs is more PT content.

    And i present you "doesn't know what he's talking about" number two.
  • bfloo
    14785 posts Member
    Only thing that will bring this game back is a mode with replay value.

    The 4 heroes and 50 clone skins have done nothing to help this game.

    Geonosis might have, but the way they set up GA plays poorly.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • CaptainM09 wrote: »
    The last thing this game needs is more PT content.

    Are you sure you know what the Old Republic is? I highly doubt it has anything to do with the current PT content that we have

    Of course I know I was trying to communicate it as simply as possible. it's just before OT ... At the moment anything set before OT is the last thing this game needs. Is that easier to understand for you?
  • Devilpogostick89
    220 posts Member
    edited March 14
    No.

    Look, I know where this is coming from but you're asking a tall order to think tapping into untapped content would "save" this game. I freaking hate that quote as that's practically grown into a lie we tell ourselves often. I was here last year and I've seen so many "add Clone Wars, it'll save this game" type of threads it became absolutely unbearable to read especially when there's more often a foul mood in the OPs. I mean jeez, it was absurdly toxic to see on these forums composed of CW vs OT last Spring to Summer until we finally got CW content announced...And nothing seem to indicate that the game was "saved" at all anyway since then. So why is this gonna change a thing? I like to see more stuff too but I'm not gonna shove aside all other things this game desperately needs just for Old Republic...An era I honestly don't care about but that is my opinion. Just slapping Old Republic in is like adding Darth Maul in Solo despite how general fans probably don't even realize he was still alive is what I personally feel.

    Obviously you don't need to listen to me because I'm just going with whatever this game offers and tries to fix in stride but there's really something that bugs me when someone says "this will save this game" when clearly that's just asking for trouble.

    ...And I'm not a fan of Revan.

    My opinion.
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    Phyxsius wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    Phyxsius wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    It's not canon.

    Vader is fighting himself while being allied to the guy that has his skull in his living room. This game is not canon and it can't be.

    Having established that everything goes, I would love a reprogrammed HK 47 / 50 / 51 for the LS.
    The campaign let’s us immerse ourselves into a story. That story, Iden, operation Cinder, etc is now a part of the official SW story line, aka ‘canon.’

    The game modes are not canon. It’s a map, with characters & an objective. There’s no story being told, so of course it’s not canon...it’s a game mode.

    Well, adding Old Republic characters to the non canon part of the game, like the multiplayer, should be no problem. Would be if they'd put Mickey Mouse in with a lightsaber, but not if they add characters that appeared in other Star Wars games.

    My logic here is the following: in a non canon part of a game it makes no sense to be hell bent on canon accuracy, because it's either canon as a whole, or it's not, and then you got all the freedom that you want, like adding any hero you can think of.

    My 2 cents anyway.

    I understand what you’re saying...however...[in my opinion]the games modes aren’t non-canon BECAUSE they’re not canon (Vader vs Anakin) they’re not canon because there just game modes. In other words it’s not a matter of canon story’s vs non canon stories, it’s just a game mode...however with that being said, the game modes currently only feature canon characters.

    I’ve read all the Old Republic books & they’re all pretty awesome. So I’d love for it to happen, I just don’t think it ever will.

    Hopefully they eventually do a live-action Old Republic movie, then we’ll for sure get them in some canon SW game


    Anyway, just my 2 cents

    Here is hoping HK will feature in it and it will become canon, so I can ask for it some more.
  • Phyxsius wrote: »
    Here is hoping HK will feature in it and it will become canon, so I can ask for it some more.

    ...Okay, I will concede just for that. As long as HK gets his dark sense of humor.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!