criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

AT-ST anti-vehicle missile one-shots full health heroes

mattfreddy
38 posts Member
edited March 14
i'm sure this is some sort of bug, but the at-st missile can one shot a hero from full health on direct hit. I get that it's a missile and all, but that is ludicrous.

Replies

• If you get near an atst while playing as a hero its you're own fault.

You'd be right it would be your own fault. Unfortunately when it comes to the subject matter at hand being "near" the at-st has no relevance to the fact that the missile is either currently bugged or overtuned.
  • mattfreddy wrote: »
    i'm sure this is some sort of bug, but the at-st missile can one shot a hero from full health on direct hit. I get that it's a missile and all, but that is ludicrous.

Finally someone else writes about this! I had a full health+presence Yoda on Endor get ONE-SHOT by an AT-ST's missle a week or so ago. A completely lucky shot since I was on the move but ONE-SHOT nonetheless. 950+ health, gone in a split second. I don't know how to tag the DEVS, but this has to be a bug or something overlooked.
  • Legolas79391
    758 posts Member
    edited March 14
    Main problem is that hero have no anti-vehicle weaponry. I can understand, but not agree with the current class system when it comes to anti-vehicle infantry loadouts. But heroes have nothing at all and even if they change the damage of AT-ST's missile, vehicles will remain untouchable for heroes.

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• Main problem is that hero have no anti-vehicle weaponry. I can understand, but not agree with the current class system when it comes to anti-vehicle infantry loadouts. But heroes have nothing at all and even if they change the damage of AT-ST's missile, vehicles will remain untouchable for heroes.

They don’t have a antivehicle hero because that would work very well with combat. Also not that many hero’s to pick for that ability. The heavy class and officers have to focus vehicles in order to take them out.
  • mattfreddy wrote: »
    If you get near an atst while playing as a hero its you're own fault.

You'd be right it would be your own fault. Unfortunately when it comes to the subject matter at hand being "near" the at-st has no relevance to the fact that the missile is either currently bugged or overtuned.

You don't have to be near them to die in one shot. The missile can hit you at seemingly any distance and kill your hero instantly. Being trampled is a problem, but this is about the missile hitting you, not being stepped on.
  • RyanK388
    1830 posts Member
    I never succeed in hitting anyone with the missile so i don’t know if that’s true
  • I actually did this earlier to a full HP Chewie that fresh spawned on Endor. Totally random, just launched it for the splash damage and nailed him for a OHK

Not something I’ve experienced before and I’ve used AT-ST’s quite a bit. Maybe a new bug or stealth buff
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    I never succeed in hitting anyone with the missile so i don’t know if that’s true

same. bloody hard to hit anything tbh
  • Main problem is that hero have no anti-vehicle weaponry. I can understand, but not agree with the current class system when it comes to anti-vehicle infantry loadouts. But heroes have nothing at all and even if they change the damage of AT-ST's missile, vehicles will remain untouchable for heroes.

THIS. this is the main problem. Heroes are defenseless against vehicles. What you can do as Luke against an AT-ST? Nothing. Yes i know, someone now will appear to say, well just run, or stay at distance. But really? Why can't have a deeply gameplay on this aspect? Every hero should have at least one of his abilities useful against vehicles. In the case of Luke for example, his force push should inflict some damage on an AT-ST and stun it for some seconds, and the silly ''i touch you with my vehicle and you will die immediately'' need to go. A saber hero should be able to jump and hit a vehicle without lose half or all his health only by touching it.
  • DarthJ
    6687 posts Member
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Main problem is that hero have no anti-vehicle weaponry. I can understand, but not agree with the current class system when it comes to anti-vehicle infantry loadouts. But heroes have nothing at all and even if they change the damage of AT-ST's missile, vehicles will remain untouchable for heroes.

THIS. this is the main problem. Heroes are defenseless against vehicles. What you can do as Luke against an AT-ST? Nothing. Yes i know, someone now will appear to say, well just run, or stay at distance. But really? Why can't have a deeply gameplay on this aspect? Every hero should have at least one of his abilities useful against vehicles. In the case of Luke for example, his force push should inflict some damage on an AT-ST and stun it for some seconds, and the silly ''i touch you with my vehicle and you will die immediately'' need to go. A saber hero should be able to jump and hit a vehicle without lose half or all his health only by touching it.

Make it like BF15, where if it did stamp on you you would be killed, but as Luke you could damage it with your lightsaber
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • OcDoc
    1940 posts Member
    Kinda realistic to get killed I instantly by a direct hit missile though, don’t you think?
  • Liz4rD
    1101 posts Member
    Git Gud
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    Love the Hero-whiners who want to be invincible to everything, yet have no compassion for those who are trying to play the objectives of GA only to get swatted like flies by heroes & villains out to farm kills for the fun of it. This is just choice! 👍

(Apologies for the run-on sentence.)
  • jordi1337
    1408 posts Member
    The missile is fine. I takes a lot of skill to land, and isn’t really misused. Plus, heroes like anakin need some counter

but fair counters
  • in case someone wants to know, i saw a video when anakin was in heroic might (ie 90% damage reduction), every step of an at-st damaged him by about 110-130 health. so that translates to a damage of about >1000 per squish.
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    Love the Hero-whiners who want to be invincible to everything, yet have no compassion for those who are trying to play the objectives of GA only to get swatted like flies by heroes & villains out to farm kills for the fun of it. This is just choice! 👍

(Apologies for the run-on sentence.)

No ability or vehicle should one-shot a full health hero. Weren't you one that complained Anakin was doing that?

Ever try an AT-ST against Yoda? I did, once.
    As for heroes getting killed by enemy vehicles, that's often on who is playing hero and their teammates. GA used to be for those who enjoyed team work between troopers, reinforcements, vehicles and heroes but not anymore.
    Also there are not that many maps where heroes have to contend with vehicles from beginning to end so vehicles are not a problem for heroes.
    #StarWars-y
  • WildSpace wrote: »
    I actually did this earlier to a full HP Chewie that fresh spawned on Endor. Totally random, just launched it for the splash damage and nailed him for a OHK

Not something I’ve experienced before and I’ve used AT-ST’s quite a bit. Maybe a new bug or stealth buff

I have also done this to Chewie, on Tatooine. The only time I have managed it, but it can take them out easily.