criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

One thing that can bring this game back quickly: The Old Republic content

2Next

Replies

• DarthJ
    6688 posts Member
    SWymsa wrote: »
    Versatti wrote: »
    No thanks, it’s absolute junk content.

Where as the OT was a bumbling attempt at creating a coherent story?

I agree aspect of the old republic isnt great, too much to mention about SWtor. Yet the era has a lot to offer if content was refined enough.

Fine with OP's idea, if it ever happened. Would be cool. I don't think it will happen but.....

But I am going to pick on the user I quoted. I cannot fathom and am completely baffled by any hate the OT gets? Do people think its cool to hate or something? None of the rest of ANYTHING in Star Wars would have existed if it weren't for the OT being the trailblazer.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • AssaultPlazma
    194 posts Member
    edited March 14
    DarthJ wrote: »

I agree aspect of the old republic isnt great, too much to mention about SWtor. Yet the era has a lot to offer if content was refined enough.

Fine with OP's idea, if it ever happened. Would be cool. I don't think it will happen but.....

But I am going to pick on the user I quoted. I cannot fathom and am completely baffled by any hate the OT gets? Do people think its cool to hate or something? None of the rest of ANYTHING in Star Wars would have existed if it weren't for the OT being the trailblazer.

Yeah we know that. Still doesn't the fact that the OT really aren't that good of movies. It's the fact that everyone has the ridiculous hard on them and absolutely REFUSES under any circumstance to criticize them in any way.

Like I guess there must be some unwritten rule somewhere that states thou shall not EVER say anything negative about the OT. As I posted in another thread the reason why I can't PT/ST criticism seriously in most cases is because they always inevitably go back to OT this OT that. When in fact many of the same criticisms could be levied against the OT.

edit: If the OT movies were released today exactly as is just with modern effects they'd get ripped apart as terrible movies.
  • DarthJ
    6688 posts Member

Yeah we know that. Still doesn't the fact that the OT really aren't that good of movies. It's the fact that everyone has the ridiculous hard on them and absolutely REFUSES under any circumstance to criticize them in any way.

Like I guess there must be some unwritten rule somewhere that states thou shall not EVER say anything negative about the OT. As I posted in another thread the reason why I can't PT/ST criticism seriously in most cases is because they always inevitably go back to OT this OT that. When in fact many of the same criticisms could be levied against the OT.

edit: If the OT movies were released today exactly as is just with modern effects they'd get ripped apart as terrible movies.

Fine to see criticisms of any part of SW (there are some OT parts I dislike or find meh) but 'aren't that good' - really? TESB is widely seen as the best Star Wars film by a country mile, and up there as one of the greatest generally. ANH is likewise highly rated. ROTJ had flaws but is still a good solid film.

The PT and ST criticisms are completely different and for different reasons compared to OT criticisms.

I just get the feeling its cool to hate anything original these days.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »

Fine to see criticisms of any part of SW (there are some OT parts I dislike or find meh) but 'aren't that good' - really? TESB is widely seen as the best Star Wars film by a country mile, and up there as one of the greatest generally. ANH is likewise highly rated. ROTJ had flaws but is still a good solid film.

The PT and ST criticisms are completely different and for different reasons compared to OT criticisms.

TESB being the best isn't saying all that much considering what it's up against lol. I mean yeah I liked it too don't get me wrong. I just don't like this idea that the OT were 100% perfect and have zero flaws, nostalgia is a powerful thing. My point still stands that if the OT movies were released today with just modern effects they'd be utterly ripped apart as being horrible movies.

TESB being the best isn't saying all that much considering what it's up against lol. I mean yeah I liked it too don't get me wrong. I just don't like this idea that the OT were 100% perfect and have zero flaws, nostalgia is a powerful thing. My point still stands that if the OT movies were released today with just modern effects they'd be utterly ripped apart as being horrible movies.

No they wouldn't. What's wrong with them?

lol

lol

Still waiting...
  • I love OR, but it will not be a part of this game. It is my favorite era, and imo the story telling and lore in OR is superior to other eras. In a perfect world, there would be a separate SWBF game specifically set in OR. That would be amazing, but it will probably never happen while EA has sole control over the SW license.

It is much more lucrative to come out with one SW game every few years and have everybody buy it because they are starving for SW content rather than flood the market with multiple SW games that people can choose to buy based on their interests. They would only be competing with themselves. In part, this is why the game is "failing" from a fan perspective, but is still succeeding by making EA money. Every SW fan wants something different from a game, i.e.: Clone Wars, Old Republic, starfighter, lighsaber combat, trooper combat, rpg, story telling, first person shooter, Original Trilogy, Sequel Trilogy, jedi, sith, bounty hunters, etc... There is sooo much out there that SW can be for every individual person, and EA will inevitably fail to meet everyone's expectations because it is impossible for them to do everything. On its own, SWBF2 is a great game. It's when every different SW fan looks to SWBF2 to fill their SW needs that it fails.

lol

Still waiting...

Truth be told I don't feel like typing a wall of text and gathering all the necessary data/examples to back up said talking points.

I don't agree with alot of what's written here, but here a couple of things
    http://whatculture.com/film/10-problems-nobody-wants-to-admit-about-the-original-star-wars-trilogy

lol

Still waiting...

Truth be told I don't feel like typing a wall of text and gathering all the necessary data/examples to back up said talking points.

I don't agree with alot of what's written here, but here a couple of things
    http://whatculture.com/film/10-problems-nobody-wants-to-admit-about-the-original-star-wars-trilogy

If you don't agree with a lot of it, why in the world would you post a subjective af list whose first point is "Luke has no sex appeal"

Wtf lmao.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • Smattonellus
    787 posts Member
    edited March 14
    This discussion is pointless, is obvious OT fanboys won't ever see anything else as good, and saying the OT wasn't good won't change that, just ignore them and pass by.
    BTW the OT is good.
  • CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Heroes (especially another saber hero) will not save this game. We need bug fixes, new maps and trooper content.

new maps: Old Republic maps

old republic weapons

this is a star wars game, there is going to be lightsaber heroes. If you don't want lightsaber heroes, go play a non star wars game.

New Maps: Old Republic maps.....like Coruscant or Alderaan? Duh.
    Old Republic weapons: Sure more weapons, but there's still plenty to choose from amongst the 3 eras currently represented. Namely all the ones left in BF2015

And I didn't say I don't want lightsaber heroes. I said adding more isn't going to save this game. It needs more replayability and bug fixes more than it needs another saber hero.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Dash
    11637 posts Member
    edited March 14
    Honestly speaking, what is truly required would be, Bug/Glitch/Exploit fixes, More Weapons, Some New (Female/Male) either is fine Blaster ArcheType Heroes, More Maps, More SUPPORTED Game Modes, and so on and so forth are what’s needed.

I’m not picky about the Era the content stems from. However, I am annoyed at the thought of one Era getting TOO much attention for TOO long.

Just my two cents.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• I liked the KotoR games, but they won't ever add content from this era to the game as it is 1) non-canon and 2) would require all new assets for everything (heroes, troopers, ships, weapons, planets) It would be content for a complete brand new game.

Plus there is still enough content from the other eras still not in the game (e.g. Scarif, certain weapons, Empire skins, Jyn & Krennic), that could be added much more easily to the game (by importing campaign or Bf2015 assets)