criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

My Roadmap Prediction

StarWars0525
2243 posts Member
edited March 15
April- Arcade Update(Private matches, large scale game mode, trooper customization, and current maps large versions available in arcade)

May- Skin Update(adds new skins to already existing classes and hero’s such as Luke sky walker and the rebels and slightly improve old ones)

June- Scafic and new weapons plus new reinforcements to infiltration class

July- Ewok hunt expended(WW hunt, Wanpa hunt and sand people hunt) and extraction update( beapin added)

August- Jango and padme

September- Coruscant(New large scale map)

October- Asaji ventress

November-Ashoka Tano

December-Episode 9 content starts

This is just my roadmap prediction list and I decided to make sure to add even amount of content for each era. Let me know your roadmap prediction and please no arguments. OT , PT, ST eras all have their ups and downs.

Post edited by StarWars0525 on

Replies

• Summer: Ahsoka

Fall: Ventress

Winter: EP9 - 1 Map. ST Skins

GAME OVER!
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • StarWars0525
    2243 posts Member
    edited March 14
    Summer: Ahsoka

GAME OVER!

For an OT fan boy, I am very surprised by the fact you didn’t even mention a price of OT content for your list. I honestly though you would. I’m not trying to chirp you but I’m just surprised and respect that despite your personal feelings to the OT era, you pick a realist list. Just respect man.

GAME OVER!

For an OT fan I’m surprised I’m made this roadmap prediction in order to please you OT elitist and really didn’t expect you not to include OT content but honestly we are probably getting 4 more PT hero, Coruscant, scafic and episode 9 content at the very least maybe something else

I can’t tell if you’re trying to chirp me or not. You rarely make much sense.

GAME OVER!

For an OT fan I’m surprised I’m made this roadmap prediction in order to please you OT elitist and really didn’t expect you not to include OT content but honestly we are probably getting 4 more PT hero, Coruscant, scafic and episode 9 content at the very least maybe something else

I’m not, I’m just saying that I thought you would say something like OT season for the rest of the game, just really surprised and kinda glad but I wouldn’t mind botan spy’s, scafic and OT skins coming to the game if it’s with Coruscant and other Pt content.
  • You all are pretty optimistic.

March: new mode with geonosis map only, reinforcements. The end.

GAME OVER!
    You all are pretty optimistic.

You call @BucksawBoushh ‘s optimistic??!!

I would call the OP’s optimistic.

My prediction would be what the OP said, except with none of the July/August content and a lot less of the April content.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • ZephanUnbound
    1463 posts Member
    edited March 14
    I’m a bit more optimistic than most of y’all I guess. I’m expecting, for the last 9 months of the year, 4 brand new heroes/villains, at least 6 more hero skins for existing heroes (in addition to skins for the new heroes), 2 new maps (1 PT and 1 ST), ports of Jyn+Krennic+Scarif from 2015, Infiltrator reinforcements and new large mode support for OT and ST, mods for starter weapons and/or a couple of new weapons, and some new arcade content.

The one thing I don’t expect is new Starfigter content, as Criterion did the the star fighter stuff and EA already moved them to other games.
  • I’m a bit more optimistic than most of y’all I guess. I’m expecting, for the last 9 months of the year, 4 brand new heroes/villains, at least 6 more hero skins for older heroes (in addition to skins for the new heroes), 2 new maps (1 PT and 1 ST), ports of Jyn+Krennic+Scarif from 2015, Infiltrator reinforcements and new large mode support for OT and ST, mods for starter weapons and/or a couple of new weapons, and some new arcade content.

The one thing I don’t expect is new Starfigter content, as Criterion did the the star fighter stuff and EA already moved them to other games.

I hope you’re right and I hope that I’m wrong.
  • I’m a bit more optimistic than most of y’all I guess. I’m expecting, for the last 9 months of the year, 4 brand new heroes/villains, at least 6 more hero skins for older heroes (in addition to skins for the new heroes), 2 new maps (1 PT and 1 ST), ports of Jyn+Krennic+Scarif from 2015, Infiltrator reinforcements and new large mode support for OT and ST, mods for starter weapons and/or a couple of new weapons, and some new arcade content.

Ditto. I hope I'm completely wrong, but I would be shocked if content ramped up a year and a half in with no revenue to speak of.

GAME OVER!
    You all are pretty optimistic.

You call @BucksawBoushh ‘s optimistic??!!

I would call the OP’s optimistic.

My prediction would be what the OP said, except with none of the July/August content and a lot less of the April content.

I suppose you're right. His prediction is probably more realistic than the rest. I just doubt this game sees new content over 2 years after launch. They will want to promote the new game with episode 9, not add something to a game that has been a money pit from the start. Again, hope I'm wrong.
  • Lee1981
    1666 posts Member
    I’m a bit more optimistic than most of y’all I guess. I’m expecting, for the last 9 months of the year, 4 brand new heroes/villains, at least 6 more hero skins for older heroes (in addition to skins for the new heroes), 2 new maps (1 PT and 1 ST), ports of Jyn+Krennic+Scarif from 2015, Infiltrator reinforcements and new large mode support for OT and ST, mods for starter weapons and/or a couple of new weapons, and some new arcade content.

Ditto. I hope I'm completely wrong, but I would be shocked if content ramped up a year and a half in with no revenue to speak of.
    Exactly, they are making no money from this game so why are they gonna fire out all this content people are asking for

Do you think fortnite would be adding all the new stuff they do every week if people weren’t buying it with real money

It’s always about the money, once you accept that you won’t have these unrealistic hopes
  • Apirl-fix clone skins. 1 map added to extraction
    May- Luke legendary skin. Promise of stormtrooper skins the next month.
    June- 1 new map added to new large scale mode with 2 new enforcers for rebels and empire. Stormtroopers skin delayed.
    July- stormtrooper skins released new enforcers still broken. Battle over death star 1 for starfighter assault.
    Aug-new hero old man ben(yeah not a skin new hero). He will release with robe his epic skin is without robe.
    Sept- Tarkin his ability is bugged. Green and grey uniforms.
    Oct-scariff map with Jyn and orsik. It will be the tower map.
    Nov-aliens and gender is no longer locked.
    Dec- one small map for blast,hvv from new movie.
    Jan 2020- after the sales of Galen order EA tells dice we support this game for 6 more months.
    Feb- greedo,dangar are released.
    March- wedge and biggs (epic skin for biggs is the black scarf.)
    April- large scale blast with vehicles for arcade and private match.
    May- new map corrasant.
    June- mace
    July- we get a skin for boba it's jango. Everyone rants harder than before.
    Augs-no more devs are working on the game. Battlefront 2015 loses its servers.
    Sept. No more support on the forums people swarm other media begging for nerfs buffs fixes. It lands on death ears.
    Oct-
    Nov-
    Dec- battlefront 3 announced for 2022.
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    I'm more pessimistic.

Might see the odd map made available to the new mode over the next 9 months.

No new maps.

Maybe a few trooper skins/heads and the odd hero skin.

Something related to IX (unless EA are going all out on Fallen Order and put something in that linked to IX, like a skin or bonus)

That's about it at most
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    781 posts Member
    edited March 14
    April: Kashyyyk & Naboo in the new mode + hero skins
    May: More current maps for the new mode + alien & stormtroopers skins + New weapons
    June: New map of the Clone wars +New enforcers: Republic command & Droideka
    July: Ashoka + More clone skins
    August: Ventres + More clone skins
    September: Padme + others contents
    October: Jango Fett + other contents
    November: Other contents
    December: New map and heroes of StarWars IX film
    Post edited by JediPacoElFlaco on
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    Sept. No more support on the forums people swarm other media begging for nerfs buffs fixes. It lands on death ears.

Why would they do that? If they are going to create a BF3 they need a forum for that, so why wouldn't they just keep this one? They did it for BF2015.
  • My rough predictions

April: Nothing
    May: Ahsoka Tano added
    June: Assaj Ventress added
    July: Courscant added
    August: Padme added
    September: Aurra Sing
    October: Nothing
    November: Nothing
    December: Episode IX map
  • ZephanUnbound
    1463 posts Member
    edited March 14
    My personal roadmap expectations currently:

April: Anakin's 3rd skin (General Skywalker) + 2 skins for older heroes (hopefully Bespin Luke and Solo Maul), Large Scale Game mode that was promised for Arcade

May: Ventress (Sith Assassin default skin) + 2nd Ventress skin (Nightsister Assasin)

June: Ahsoka (Clone Wars late season default skin) + 2nd Ahsoka skin (Robed) + 3rd Ventress skin (Bounty Hunter), Jedi Temple or Mustafar Lava Proeccesing facility map for Blast and HvV

July: 3rd Ahsoka skin (Rebels Fulcrum), 2 OT maps for the new large scale game mode, Infiltrator reinforcements for OT (Bothan Spy or Rebel Intelligence Operative and Shadow Trooper?)

August: Ports of Jyn, Krennic, and Scarif from 2015, 2 more skins for older heroes (hopefully Princess Leia and Death Star II Luke)

September: Cad Bane + Cad Bane 2nd skin (Prisoner)

October: Captain Rex + Rex 2nd skin (Rebels)

November: 2 ST maps for large scale game mode, Infiltrator reinforcements for ST (Executioner Trooper and ?)

December: Episode 9 season, new hero and villain (Poe and 1 of the Knights of Ren?), map from episode 9 for all modes

I believe December will mark the end of DLC support for Battlefront 2, ahead of a Battlefront 3 release Holiday 2020 for PS4, PS5, XB1, Xbox Scarlett, and PC.

My line of thinking for the roadmap:

-One reason why DLC support for Battlefront 2 has been abysmal up until now was because people were pulled from the DLC team to go work on Battlefield V, particularly it's battle royale mode which DICE has been rushing to finish. I believe that EA may send some of those DICE devs back to the Battlefront 2 DLC team now that BFV's battle royale mode is releasing finally

-If you're wondering why I chose the heroes that I chose for my list: Ahsoka and Ventress have been hinted at by multiple devs, dataminers have found references to them, and they are both female heroes (Dennis Brannvall previously said they had plans to add more female heroes to the game. As for Cad Bane and Captain Rex, I have two reasons, the first is that Dennis hinted at them just yesterday on twitter, and the 2nd is because they would be easy to do, DICE already has a Duros model in the game for one of the Resistance trooper skins which they could modify for Cad, and they would simply need to recolor the ARC trooper reinforcement armor Blue for Rex. Jyn and Krennic were chosen because they are popular and can be pretty easily ported from Battlefront 2015, making them the easiest OT era heroes to add to the game.
    Post edited by ZephanUnbound on

GAME OVER!

I’m not, I’m just saying that I thought you would say something like OT season for the rest of the game, just really surprised and kinda glad but I wouldn’t mind botan spy’s, scafic and OT skins coming to the game if it’s with Coruscant and other Pt content.

He's right though. It needs more OT to bring the lore and fun back to this game, if that's even possible or salvageable at this point. Clone Wars got its due. Time to get back to the roots.
  • KlownShueS wrote: »

Why would they do that? If they are going to create a BF3 they need a forum for that, so why wouldn't they just keep this one? They did it for BF2015.

😂 I didn't think it through! 😂 I'm such a clown 😂!

GAME OVER!

He's right though. It needs more OT to bring the lore and fun back to this game, if that's even possible or salvageable at this point. Clone Wars got its due. Time to get back to the roots.

That’s why my roadmap is mix with OT then PT the ST to satisfy all eras
  • You guys are forgetting one thing....

Considering the marketing strategy of Lucasfilm through all forms of media, it's quite possible we may see The Mandalorian content coming.

db8ofo9bki2k.jpg

Considering the marketing strategy of Lucasfilm through all forms of media, it's quite possible we may see The Mandalorian content coming.

db8ofo9bki2k.jpg

I like!

db8ofo9bki2k.jpg

Why do I feel like they would even mess this up if it happened?

db8ofo9bki2k.jpg

Why do I feel like they would even mess this up if it happened?

Experience and logic?