criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

Because some men just want to watch the world burn ...

Prev13
SchnauzerFaceMinis
116 posts Member
edited March 14
Please add a new villain: Rian Johnson’s cameo from rogue one:
rydnx7lcczts.jpeg
Seriously, how much fun would it be to take out our anger and frustrations on him in HvV? That update could be paired with a ST Luke skin. I have a feeling old Luke (and perhaps even Mark Hamill) have a score to settle over TLJ.

EDIT: before you say that character is completely irrelevant to the series, I would respond by saying he has almost the amount of screen time as Bossk, but no one argues that he’s irrelevant and shouldn’t be a villain.

We need to make this happen.
Post edited by SchnauzerFaceMinis on

Replies

• SchnauzerFaceMinis
    116 posts Member
    edited March 14
    You boys want Ahmed Best, Jake Lloyd and Kelly Marie Tran in there aswell, so you can go all in with the fragile-fan image?

Yes to adding jake Lloyd. I actually really liked KMT (gasp!) and jar jar is, like, whatever.

Oh, and I should also add that i love RJ outside of his work on TLJ. for that reason, he should have a 4th ability called “remember Looper & Brick!,” which acts as a shield and only allows him to be sort of injured.

EDIT: and I know that some (not all) TLJ hate is a backlash to a perceived SJW commentary. I welcomed the diversity, personally. My beef with TLJ is that I just really, really don’t like RJ’s interpretation of a post ROTJ Luke. I get it from a storytelling standpoint — you advance the story by making things more and more difficult for your protagonist. And what’s the most difficult thing Rey could encounter? A jaded, crusty Luke who has sworn off the Jedi ways. So I get it. But i just really, really wanted to see how Luke evolved into the incredibly powerful & wise Jedi that we all dreamed about for decades and decades.
  • You boys want Ahmed Best, Jake Lloyd and Kelly Marie Tran in there aswell, so you can go all in with the fragile-fan image?

Nothing wrong with them.

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• SchnauzerFaceMinis
    116 posts Member
    edited March 14
    The Last Jedi isn’t even canon. I love the move but I’m surprised Disney de-canonized it.

Unfortunately, it *is* canon, regardless of how much it disregarded everything that came before it.
  • The Last Jedi isn’t even canon. I love them for doing it but I’m still surprised Disney de-canonized it.

What are you on about now?...
  • You boys want Ahmed Best, Jake Lloyd and Kelly Marie Tran in there aswell, so you can go all in with the fragile-fan image?

Yes to adding jake Lloyd. I actually really liked KMT (gasp!) and jar jar is, like, whatever.

Oh, and I should also add that i love RJ outside of his work on TLJ. for that reason, he should have a 4th ability called “remember Looper & Brick!,” which acts as a shield and only allows him to be sort of injured.

EDIT: and I know that some (not all) TLJ hate is a backlash to a perceived SJW commentary. I welcomed the diversity, personally. My beef with TLJ is that I just really, really don’t like RJ’s interpretation of a post ROTJ Luke. I get it from a storytelling standpoint — you advance the story by making things more and more difficult for your protagonist. And what’s the most difficult thing Rey could encounter? A jaded, crusty Luke who has sworn off the Jedi ways. So I get it. But i just really, really wanted to see how Luke evolved into the incredibly powerful & wise Jedi that we all dreamed about for decades and decades.

And I get being disappointed with a film, there’s nothing wrong with that. We all like different stuff. But the toxicity, and in some cases seemingly pure hateful discourse, some individuals lower themselves to can cause harm. I think I can safely say, ask the guys I mentioned above.

Hating on the actor, 'cause he's in the movie is out of place, I agree.

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• The Last Jedi isn’t even canon. I love the move but I’m surprised Disney de-canonized it.

Unfortunately, it *is* canon, regardless of how much it disregarded everything that came before it.

What did it disregard? Expand, and I shall refute if I can.
  • The Last Jedi isn’t even canon. I love them for doing it but I’m still surprised Disney de-canonized it.

About how trash TLJ is. In every aspect, from dialogue to plot and everything in between. There’s really no point getting into this as much as I know you’d love to.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh

About how trash TLJ is. In every aspect, from dialogue to plot and everything in between. There’s really no point getting into this as much as I know you’d love to.

Yeah, yeah I know you think that, it’s cool.

I meant specifically, what do you mean it has been de-canonized? Surely you have not told yourself that, right? You just made such a strange comment is all...

I meant specifically, what do you mean it has been de-canonized? Surely you have not told yourself that, right? You just made such a strange comment is all...

Must have dreamt it. Whoops.

You okay though?

You okay though?

Not as well as when I briefly thought Disney had de-canonized The Last Jedi. But I’ll survive. Thanks.
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Luke: "I can't kill my own father" Old Luke: My teenage nephew is having a bad dream? I'm gonna kill him in his sleep!

Luke: "I can't kill my own father."

E7fFP1.gif
  • Still I am going to watch every SW movie they will make no matter how bad it is, I hope there will be good parts also. Light Side and Dark Side are really made from Grey matter, nothing is as dark or light as it seems.
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Luke: "I can't kill my own father" Old Luke: My teenage nephew is having a bad dream? I'm gonna kill him in his sleep!

E7fFP1.gif

Hmm what did he do right after your gif there holmes? Threw down his saber and pretty much decided to let the emperor shock him to death.

Well, what did he do after he ignited his saber at Ben’s bed? Did he strike? Naaah... ”It passed like a fleeting shadow.”

I get you. But dueling the most feared man in the universe? Sure i could see losing your cool. A child having a bad dream? It just feels wrong and evil

E7fFP1.gif

Hmm what did he do right after your gif there holmes? Threw down his saber and pretty much decided to let the emperor shock him to death.

Dont indulge her. The only way she can defend that travesty of a movie is by ragging on everything else. Its impossible for her to defend the movie on it's own non-existent merit.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....

E7fFP1.gif

Well, what did he do after he ignited his saber at Ben’s bed? Did he strike? Naaah... ”It passed like a fleeting shadow.”

I get you. But dueling the most feared man in the universe? Sure i could see losing your cool. A child having a bad dream? It just feels wrong and evil

It was probably not his best moment, no. I can see why some would not like Luke being portrayed like that. I loved it though.
  • SchnauzerFaceMinis
    116 posts Member
    edited March 14
    The Last Jedi isn’t even canon. I love the move but I’m surprised Disney de-canonized it.

What did it disregard? Expand, and I shall refute if I can.

First, I admit that I went way overboard by saying “disregarded everything that came before it.” But I do still think TLJ ignored plot lines, character traits, and the scope of what force users can actually do.

It disregarded several little breadcrumbs in TFA, such as hints about Rey’s parents (ie the dialogue from Obi Wan when she touched the saber) and a possible history between Rey and Kylo (particularly his “What girl?!?” line that really felt like he wasn’t just asking “who’s this girl?” but more “I need to know if you’re talking about Rey in particular”). It also seemed like the promise of Kylo’s Knights of Ren story was forgotten or cast aside.

And it also disregarded the “spirit” of previous installments, primarily by giving Luke a character arc that is impossible to believe and by making Ren alternate between extremely weak and extremely powerful based on the needs of the scene. He could cloud snoke’s mind enough to surprise and kill him, but he needed rey’s help to barely defeat a few of snoke’s bodyguards? Watch the PT and CW series to see how little effort it takes for a Jedi to take down a boatload or standard troopers.

Due to Leia’s lineage it stands to reason she has the potential to be pretty strong in the force. But we never see her use the force until TLJ. I get that she might have learned a thing or two in the last 30 years, but for her to essentially come back to life and fly into the starship was not consistent with any Jedi powers we’ve ever seen (even from extremely skilled masters). Same goes for the face-to-face force communications between Rey and Kylo that snoke somehow arranged? That felt, again, like a contrived situation that was just convenient to the story.

I haven’t seen TLJ for a long while, so I’m sure I’m missing things. I think TLJ was a very well made film from an extremely talented director ... it just never felt like a *Star Wars* movie.

E7fFP1.gif

Dont indulge her. The only way she can defend that travesty of a movie is by ragging on everything else. Its impossible for her to defend the movie on it's own non-existent merit.

I’m a he.

And The Last Jedi is, imo, one of the best entries in the SW franchise. It portrayed Luke perfectly, it expanded on the force and it had some of the best lines of dialogue in all movies. There, defended on it’s own merits. It wasn’t without flaws, but a great film.

LOL, dude... You are something else. :D

It expanded on nothing. Gave us nothing. Upflifted Kylo at the cost of everything.

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• CarapaceonMenace
    2042 posts Member
    edited March 14

E7fFP1.gif

I’m a he.

And The Last Jedi is, imo, one of the best entries in the SW franchise. It portrayed Luke perfectly, it expanded on the force and it had some of the best lines of dialogue in all movies. There, defended on it’s own merits. It wasn’t without flaws, but a great film.

It expanded on nothing. Gave us nothing. Upflifted Kylo at the cost of everything.

Don't indulge her.

E7fFP1.gif

I’m a he.

Please dont indulge her.

Right, so I told you I’m a he. I can only assume then that you are using the pronoun ”her” as an insult, which honestly says quite a lot about you.
  • This addition would greatly subvert my expectations

Literally would prefer it to even more prequel crap (TLJ was bad but it can only ever be the 3rd or 4th worst SW film)
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st

E7fFP1.gif

I’m a he.

Please dont indulge her.

Right, so I told you I’m a he. I can only assume then that you are using the pronoun ”her” as an insult, which honestly says quite a lot about you.

Actually, I missed your first post but the fact that you jump to such pitiful conclusions speaks volumes about you. I'm trying to keep members of this community from entertaining with vitriolic people such as yourself and beyond this, I won't bother wasting my time with you.
  • Prof_Moriarty
    1366 posts Member
    edited March 14

E7fFP1.gif

I’m a he.

Please dont indulge her.

Actually, I missed your first post but the fact that you jump to such pitiful conclusions speaks volumes about you. I'm trying to keep members of this community from entertaining with vitriolic people such as yourself and beyond this, I won't bother wasting my time with you.

How did you know the person you quoted indulged me, if you didn’t read my post?...

I don’t think I’ve said anything particularily vitriolic, other than me liking TLJ, and maybe suggesting that it’s time to lay off the hate for Rian Johnson (which apparently can be percieved as vitriolic). So yeah, I never understood why you wasted it in the first place.
  • I really don’t like the PT but I actually put AOTC above TLJ. So much potential for EP8 based on what was left unanswered in TFA, Ruin Johnson destroyed all of it. He has an opportunity to explore the origins of the force? Both dark and the light? And he does absolutely NOTHING with it?

He’s such an arrogant director. The fact people send Kelly Tran vile hatemail over playing a character that Ruin created is just sad. Hamill doesn’t even like TLJ. You don’t even need to read between the lines with most of his comments.
  • Prof_Moriarty
    1366 posts Member
    edited March 14
    Hamill doesn’t even like TLJ. You don’t even need to read between the lines with most of his comments.

Mark Hamill is known to speak his mind in social media. I don’t know why he would lie when he called the film an all time great one...
  • BucksawBoushh
    4863 posts Member
    edited March 14
    Hamill doesn’t even like TLJ. You don’t even need to read between the lines with most of his comments.

Mark Hamill is known to speak his mind in social media. I don’t know why he would lie when he called the film an all time great one...

You should read up a little more on Marks most recent comments on the ST and Luke Skywalker.
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    The Last Jedi was a good movie, it's just that arrogance blinds many star wars fans which is a shame.
  • I don’t enjoy despising TLJ after loving TFA. I was shaking in excitement on opening night. Just moments into the film I knew he had, in my opinion, ruined Episode 9. All Hope lies with JJ *prayer emoji
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    SWymsa wrote: »
    I think The Last Jedi was a good movie, but other people — whose opinions are no less valid than my own — didn’t enjoy it, which is a shame.

I think you had a couple typos in your post so I fixed it.

No I think it's just straight up arrogance to say someone else's vision of star wars isn't star wars because you don't like it.
    Prove me wrong.

• BucksawBoushh
    4863 posts Member
    edited March 14
    I think The Last Jedi was a good movie, but other people — whose opinions are no less valid than my own — didn’t enjoy it, which is a shame.

No I think it's just straight up arrogance to say someone else's vision of star wars isn't star wars because you don't like it.
    Prove me wrong.

Hating a Star Wars film doesn’t make one “arrogant”. Change my mind.

TLJ is a Star Wars film, as unfortunate as that may be.
  • SchnauzerFaceMinis
    116 posts Member
    edited March 14

Prove me wrong.

Ah, so you’re referring to MY comment when I said,

“I think TLJ was a very well made film from an extremely talented director ... it just never felt like a *Star Wars* movie.”

That’s your idea of “straight up arrogance”????

First, don’t twist my words. I clearly said it didn’t “feel like” Star Wars — not that it “isn’t Star Wars.” It is Star Wars! Duh! Just like The Christmas Special is also Star Wars (arrogance alert: I also think the Christmas Special doesn’t *feel like* Star Wars either! Prove me wrong.).

So in the rest of my “straight up arrogant post,” I also complimented the director’s talent, his previous films, and the overall quality of TLJ as a piece of cinema when judged separately from the SW universe.

If you are convinced that I am “straight up arrogant” because of *that* then I see no reason to “prove you wrong.” You and I just see the world from different perspectives.
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member

Prove me wrong.

“I think TLJ was a very well made film from an extremely talented director ... it just never felt like a *Star Wars* movie.”

No.

I haven't seen any of the ST, just stirring the pot. :smiley:
  • SWymsa wrote: »

Prove me wrong.

No.

I haven't seen any of the ST, just stirring the pot. :smiley:

Sweet. Jesus.
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    I don’t enjoy despising TLJ after loving TFA. I was shaking in excitement on opening night. Just moments into the film I knew he had, in my opinion, ruined Episode 9. All Hope lies with JJ *prayer emoji

Did you like TFA because it was a massive rip off from OT story aspects or was it just really woke?
  • SWymsa wrote: »
    I don’t enjoy despising TLJ after loving TFA. I was shaking in excitement on opening night. Just moments into the film I knew he had, in my opinion, ruined Episode 9. All Hope lies with JJ *prayer emoji

Did you like TFA because it was a massive rip off from OT story aspects or was it just really woke?

Did you come up with this all on your own? If anything is “woke”, it’s you. And Kanye. Kanye is woke.
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    edited March 14

Did you come up with this all on your own?

Good comeback, about as original as TFA
    Oh look, a Death Star!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!