criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

So Darth Maul can’t block... because...

2Next

Replies

• idk if this is a PC vs Console thing,
    i cant tell you that playing a shooter, especially Han, Leia, Finn without a stun.... Maul gives me more trouble than kylo and vader if used properly..... which is B4lls-to-the-wall.

he probably give me more trouble then every other saber user when playing a shooter because of his speed and difficulty re-acquiring him as he's flying all around me. Yoda is troublesome due his size is all
  • wwkingms wrote: »
    idk if this is a PC vs Console thing,
    i cant tell you that playing a shooter, especially Han, Leia, Finn without a stun.... Maul gives me more trouble than kylo and vader if used properly..... which is B4lls-to-the-wall.

he probably give me more trouble then every other saber user when playing a shooter because of his speed and difficulty re-acquiring him as he's flying all around me. Yoda is troublesome due his size is all

PC has more skilled players, I admit this as an xbox player. If he's suffering there then he has issues. If he's fine then he's fine.
  • Darth maul can't block because, they couldn't be bothered to animate it and come up with a new system for one single hero where as all other saber wielders are essentially identical
  • He doesn't need block to be balanced, I'd say he's just right as he is. Keep moving and he's hard to hit anyway. I tend to play blaster heroes, and have never been good with saber characters, but Maul is an exception. Fun to play with, effective at what he does and not a nuisance to play against either.
  • Another thing I noticed with blocking, why the **** is stamina slowly draining like in the last game? Are the Dev's really that daft? WHO asked for that?! I thought they got the message when in their feedback thread they got 95% disapproval on the change. So now they barely modify it to where its no longer immediate but still there? Wrong, REMOVE entirely.

At this rate I'm waiting on the reviews when the next bfIII comes out, this is just a ***** poor performance on their part, and frankly, the first time I ever though a dev team intentionally sabotaged their own game.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • game balance. anymore questions?
  • Darth Maul needs a block! He will never be a serius hero, if he not gets one..
    he constanly blocked in episode 1, so why cant he do it in the game?? this makes no sense..
    he has a staff, he should be able to block twice as good, lol
    maybe let his stamina drain faster on blocks, or whatever is ballanced.. at least let him block light sabers, omg
  • Darth Maul needs a block! He will never be a serius hero, if he not gets one..
    he constanly blocked in episode 1, so why cant he do it in the game?? this makes no sense..
    he has a staff, he should be able to block twice as good, lol
    maybe let his stamina drain faster on blocks, or whatever is ballanced.. at least let him block light sabers, omg

isn't a serious hero? hes top 3 only under Bossk and Palps in GA and he destroys blaster heroes in HvV.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Darth Maul cant block because 00M-9>Maul
  • Because his anger blinds him
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • dandop wrote: »
    The reason is for gameplay and balance
    He would be too OP with a block. We would have to give up some of his speed and agility in order to have a block.

No, that's a joke pal. Emperor palpatine at launch was overpowered. Maul blocking doesn't hold a candle to that. Get a grip.
    He doesn't need a Block ! He's already extremely powerful !

Lmao, whats with all you kids being deathly afraid of maul being able to block? Can you not take down a saber user in GA? It's pretty easy with a Vanguard or a Wookie. Maybe you should invest a little more time in arcade.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • dandop wrote: »
    He would be too OP with a block. We would have to give up some of his speed and agility in order to have a block.

No, that's a joke pal. Emperor palpatine at launch was overpowered. Maul blocking doesn't hold a candle to that. Get a grip.

Can you not take down a saber user in GA? It's pretty easy with a Vanguard or a Wookie.

Wookies are one thing but vanguard? lol you would have to be pretty trash to die with any saber user to vanguard.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    dandop wrote: »

Can you not take down a saber user in GA? It's pretty easy with a Vanguard or a Wookie.

Wookies are one thing but vanguard? lol you would have to be pretty trash to die with any saber user to vanguard.

Actually vanguard is super effective if you use it correctly, I've taken down many decent heroes, usually takes a couple of spawns, its especially easy if they're limping. Personally I think your pretty trash if you lose to a wookie 1v1, they have no speed boost and you can get out the way, a fast running vanguard player that knows how to roll, aim and flank, good luck. I usually take at least 1/3 of their health pool with vanguard.
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »

Actually vanguard is super effective if you use it correctly, I've taken down many decent heroes, usually takes a couple of spawns, its especially easy if they're limping. Personally I think your pretty trash if you lose to a wookie 1v1, they have no speed boost and you can get out the way, a fast running vanguard player that knows how to roll, aim and flank, good luck. I usually take at least 1/3 of their health pool with vanguard.

block the first shot then kill them if they roll just block the next shot rinse and repeat until they are dead and no flanking wont help if you have decent headphones. ill fight a vanguard over a wookie any day there gun fires faster, they have more range unless you actually equip the vanguard card that gives you more, and they have far more health.
    Bandicoot wrote: »

block the first shot then kill them if they roll just block the next shot rinse and repeat until they are dead and no flanking wont help if you have decent headphones. ill fight a vanguard over a wookie any day there gun fires faster, they have more range unless you actually equip the vanguard card that gives you more, and they have far more health.

Lmao, obviously it's not a 1v1 dude. That'd be pretty fail if you got soloed by a single infantry but on a point and against multiple all it takes is one to catch you off guard enough times and your dead. Don't lie and say you've never died to it. Your definitely not that good. Every saber swing in this game is reactable to roll out of, and if your playing maul it's even worse. I'll definitely eventually kill you in a couple spawns if my team isn't feeding you HP constantly. And That's the point. Saying he'd be OP with a block with the current state of roll spam is a pipe dream and I don't wan't to hear it.
    xnvLDB.gif

Lmao, obviously it's not a 1v1 dude. That'd be pretty fail if you got soloed by a single infantry but on a point and against multiple all it takes is one to catch you off guard enough times and your dead. Don't lie and say you've never died to it. Your definitely not that good. Every saber swing in this game is reactable to roll out of, and if your playing maul it's even worse. I'll definitely eventually kill you in a couple spawns if my team isn't feeding you HP constantly. And That's the point. Saying he'd be OP with a block with the current state of roll spam is a pipe dream and I don't wan't to hear it.

except im not lieing I have died to it as a trooper but a hero? nah guess im just a better player then you? sorry but if Maul can destroy Chewy he can destroy some kid with vanguard DC-15 with explosive shot and stinger pistol are far more effective at killing heroes those I have actually died to but vanguard? never. you can say what you want but Maul is top 3 in GA on most maps on the dark side and he can hold his own fairly well in HvV even if there is better picks he is fine as he is now I see no point in giving him a block rather it would make him OP or not.
  • maybe ill play GA today and ill show you what I do to vanguard kids if anyone is actually foolish enough to waste there time trying to kill me with that garbage if im a saber hero lmao.
  • Bandicoot
    956 posts Member
    edited February 14
    maybe ill play GA today and ill show you what I do to vanguard kids if anyone is actually foolish enough to waste there time trying to kill me with that garbage if im a saber hero lmao.

Lol, you must be pro, because I've took out many good hero players with vanguard, perhaps you only play against bad infantry players which is 90 percent of the population of this game. Vanguarding heroes is easy all I've gotta do is flank your team take out couple of your troopers, wait till your occupied, then good luck.

except im not lieing I have died to it as a trooper but a hero? nah guess im just a better player then you? sorry but if Maul can destroy Chewy he can destroy some kid with vanguard DC-15 with explosive shot and stinger pistol are far more effective at killing heroes those I have actually died to but vanguard? never. you can say what you want but Maul is top 3 in GA on most maps on the dark side and he can hold his own fairly well in HvV even if there is better picks he is fine as he is now I see no point in giving him a block rather it would make him OP or not.

Calling *****. That's like saying you've never been shot out the air as Boba or never died to a grenade. Give me a break man, nobody believes you it's not even a skill issue either. I already said not in a 1 on 1 against a solo infantry but in the lifetime of this game you've definitely died to vanguard as a Hero at least once, it's part in parcel of playing GA. Lmao, better than me and that's evidence? Laughable. The point that you fail to grasp is it's even easy to take maul down with it simply because he can't block, and him having one isn't the tipping point of being OP.
    xnvLDB.gif

Calling ****. That's like saying you've never been shot out the air as Boba or never died to a grenade. Give me a break man, nobody believes you it's not even a skill issue either. I already said not in a 1 on 1 against a solo infantry but in the lifetime of this game you've definitely died to vanguard as a Hero at least once, it's part in parcel of playing GA. Lmao, better than me and that's evidence? Laughable. The point that you fail to grasp is it's even easy to take maul down with it simply because he can't block, and him having one isn't the tipping point of being OP.

dont know maybe it has happend in the past but if so I dont remember it honestly im about as likely to die to vanguard as I am some bubble boy both are extremely unlikely and something that would only happen once out of a thousand games though that number is obviously a bit of a exaggeration but you get the point.

Calling ****. That's like saying you've never been shot out the air as Boba or never died to a grenade. Give me a break man, nobody believes you it's not even a skill issue either. I already said not in a 1 on 1 against a solo infantry but in the lifetime of this game you've definitely died to vanguard as a Hero at least once, it's part in parcel of playing GA. Lmao, better than me and that's evidence? Laughable. The point that you fail to grasp is it's even easy to take maul down with it simply because he can't block, and him having one isn't the tipping point of being OP.

dont know maybe it has happend in the past but if so I dont remember it honestly im about as likely to die to vanguard as I am some bubble boy both are extremely unlikely and something that would only happen once out of a thousand games though that number is obviously a bit of a exaggeration but you get the point.

He plays against noobs...
  • I think it is technically issues, because the characters with one blade sabers have a common base of movements and adding a new character with one blade is easier to convert into a new one. The developers did not want to create new block movements for only one character with a double blade, and for balance they changed its characteristics of speed, endurance, etc. It is easier to change a pair of value in the character characteristics than to create new movements. I think the developers are too lazy to make a block for Darth Maul. That's all. No any magic. All other excuses for this are gamers' fantasies.

P.S.:sorry for my English :) ... use google translite
  • ....and we (people) still spend our money for unfinished games, I think this is a shameful act on the part of Dice / EA
  • Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    I can come up with a few reasons actually.

Darth Maul isn't able to block because that just isn't the play style he was created for.
    He's a hit and run villain that can close the gap incredibly fast with his dash attacks & shred people up close in seconds.

He's an incredibly dangerous hero if played correctly, mowing down crowds of enemies with his dash attacks.

The Choke Hold & Dash attack combo used on a hero can be absolutely devastating for those who're affected by it.

What I'm trying to get at here, is that the whole reason he's without a block is because of his incredibly offensive capability, which is unlike any other hero in the game currently.

Hope that clears it up for you a bit.

What’s the point in closing a gap when you get ***** in all available holes soon as you’re close to your enemy?
    Make Maul great again.
  • Any Jedi with a block will easily destroy a dart Maul and HvV becomes a hated nightmare for Maul fans. Especially after the arrival of Anakin. Enjoy
  • Who still doesn’t think that he should have a block
  • rmngrnk wrote: »
    Any Jedi with a block will easily destroy a dart Maul and HvV becomes a hated nightmare for Maul fans. Especially after the arrival of Anakin. Enjoy

Exactly. I know there are a lot of people like me who almost entirely play this game only for maul & since anakin I personally don’t have a reason to even play this game anymore.
    Make Maul great again.
  • If he doesn't get a block he should get have his health increased to 900, have his throw changed to horizontal (obviously), and give his damage the Kilo Ren treatment. At least that would make him adept at his role as a quick strike villain.
  • WhatAShame
    199 posts Member
    edited March 14
    The simple minded complaining on this forum is beyond mind blowing. Different heroes have different strengths and weaknesses. It adds variety and depth to the game. If you can't figure out how or WHEN to use maul because he doesn't have a block.. that's on you. I feel like 95% of this community would be completely satisfied if all saber heroes had the exact same abilities and star cards. Should have kept it simple for an overly simple community I guess. Not every hero is meant to blast their way to 100+ kills in a single round. When you get in more competitive matches it actually matters what heroes you use and when. But don't expect normies to ever figure that out.
  • Spergicide wrote: »
    If he doesn't get a block he should get have his health increased to 900, have his throw changed to horizontal (obviously), and give his damage the Kilo Ren treatment. At least that would make him adept at his role as a quick strike villain.

Exactly.

At this point he is just completely useless.

Any buff would at most make him VIABLE again. Nothing close to OP.
    Make Maul great again.
  • WhatAShame wrote: »
    The simple minded complaining on this forum is beyond mind blowing. Different heroes have different strengths and weaknesses. It adds variety and depth to the game. If you can't figure out how or WHEN to use maul because he doesn't have a block.. that's on you. I feel like 95% of this community would be completely satisfied if all saber heroes had the exact same abilities and star cards. Should have kept it simple for an overly simple community I guess. Not every hero is meant to blast their way to 100+ kills in a single round. When you get in more competitive matches it actually matters what heroes you use and when. But don't expect normies to ever figure that out.

I main Maul & I don’t want him to be the best of everything and on top of that I’d assume I’m not “simple minded”.

I just want him to not be a total ***** who’s nothing but a spinning ragdoll.

That’s all.
    Make Maul great again.
  • Deckard112 wrote: »
    WhatAShame wrote: »

I main Maul & I don’t want him to be the best of everything and on top of that I’d assume I’m not “simple minded”.

I just want him to not be a total **** who’s nothing but a spinning ragdoll.

That’s all.

That's fair. He could use a little buff for sure. I think the solution is that while Maul is attacking a saber hero that is not blocking he then automatically blocks their saber strikes while still hitting the target. This would require the target to dodge out of the way or to block, thus reducing the amount of incoming damage to Maul. Maybe a slight increase in HP or stamina as well.
  • WhatAShame
    199 posts Member
    edited March 14

That's fair. He could use a little buff for sure. I think the solution is that while Maul is attacking a saber hero that is not blocking he then automatically blocks their saber strikes while still hitting the target. This would require the target to dodge out of the way or to block, thus reducing the amount of incoming damage to Maul. It would also do the double saber justice. Maybe a slight increase in HP or stamina as well.

Deckard112 wrote: »
    WhatAShame wrote: »

I just want him to not be a total **** who’s nothing but a spinning ragdoll.

That’s all.

That's fair. He could use a little buff for sure. I think the solution is that while Maul is attacking a saber hero that is not blocking he then automatically blocks their saber strikes while still hitting the target. This would require the target to dodge out of the way or to block, thus reducing the amount of incoming damage to Maul. Maybe a slight increase in HP or stamina as well.

Lol what the ***** dude I read like 20 different methods of buffing maul but this is just genius.

Mind = blown. @F8RGE
    Make Maul great again.

I just wish the community would have STANDARDS, and stop accepting this **** that we’re being fed.

Blocking is a STANDARD for lightsaber heroes
    Even Grievous who isn’t force sensitive, should be able to deflect blaster fire normally but in an extremely limited capacity, since his cybernetics allow him to achieve feats far beyond that of any human
    This is the first Star Wars game I’ve ever played or heard of where someone in the game with a lightsaber couldn’t block.
    It makes no sense.
    Every lightsaber hero should have base attributes that are standard and abilities and uniqueness should be implemented from there
    Taking away a standard ability such as blocking should not even be considered as an option

The sad truth is
    Maul is not unique
    Everyone can do what Maul can do
    When you press the block button with Maul, he dashes. Everyone can dash.
    He has two buttons that do the same thing. Dash.

Luke, Yoda, Maul can dash.

Luke’s dash used to suck really bad but they improved it noticeably not too long ago.
    Now it’s decent. Still inferior to Maul and Yoda’s but not by so much

Yoda’s dash is a little bit slower than Maul’s but Yoda is small and can break blocks with it.
    Therefore I’d say their dashes are about equal since Maul’s is faster and more fluid but doesn’t break block.
    So Darth Maul’s dash isn’t really unique

His choke is a hybrid of Luke’s push and Vader’s choke.
    And it’s less useful than both.
    It does chip damage and is only really good for cheesy victories that have no honor

Now for his Saber throw
    Honestly there’s only ever been two things wrong with his saber throw...

The first and most prominent thing that’s been around since launch is the fact that his saber couldn’t come in contact with anything or else it would deactivate, ending the throw prematurely.
    The saber is supposed to go out and return every time

This made it virtually impossible to use it in hallways or semi-congested areas since it would deactivate upon contact with the tiniest thing, unlike Vader’s version
    Thus it was mostly only good for short range kills...

The second thing is when the game was updated earlier this year and a new bug came along that made his throw extremely inconsistent
    It would work sometimes but since the hit box for his throw is microscopic to begin with, it felt even worse with the bug to most people so many just assumed that it was completely broken.

One thing that Vader’s throw has always had over Maul’s until recently is that it wouldn’t deactivate upon contact with minor obstacles or surfaces
    They just fixed that problem for Maul and now you can consistently chuck his lightsaber down hallways as you could Vader’s
    But the hit box for Maul’s throw is and always has been microscopic
    So getting kills with his throw at range can be difficult and takes skill, even with it currently working properly
    (I know how to use his throw and have plenty of footage of me getting kills and hit confirms with it at range and up close. Feel free to inquire about it)
    Now his throw works as intended.(They wanted the hit box for his throw to very tiny for some reason)

As we all know Vader also has a throw.
    His is indisputably far better than Maul’s in every way. Even with Maul’s throw fixed

Not only is Mauls throw not unique
    But it is also inferior.

They didn’t make Maul unique by taking his block away
    They handicapped him
    Two of his buttons do the same thing for crying out loud

And the crazy thing is
    Darth Maul is supposed to be “all offense” in this game
    But all of his moves and abilities are blockable.

So everyone can do something just as good as or even better than him
    And
    He can’t do anything better than anyone else

All of his moves can be blocked

Rey runs just as fast as him and Luke runs even faster.

You can tell that he is one of the first heros they made

Darth Maul is not unique in this game.

He shares all of his moves with other heroes
    And he doesn’t excel at anything

And with all of this being said
    All I’m asking is that the developers give him a weak block
    It could be extremely weak, even weaker than Grievous’s
    Just something would be nice.

If he were to get a weak block,
    Vader and Sidious would still be far better than him hands down
    Regardless.

So why deny someone so iconic a standard ability?
    And can you please consider adding it?
  • JMaster
    2271 posts Member
    Yeah. I don't think Maul's strong enough to the point that giving him a standard ability would suddenly make him unstoppable. He's no Anakin.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Who still doesn’t think that he should have a block
    a0rn3uxe1mrc.gif

Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • A user named “WhatAShame” gave me the craziest solution to buff Maul. I’m sure everybody who plays Maul a lot can confirm that this is a very balanced yet exciting way to buff Maul.

“I think the solution is that while Maul is attacking a saber hero that is not blocking he then automatically blocks their saber strikes while still hitting the target. This would require the target to dodge out of the way or to block, thus reducing the amount of incoming damage to Maul. It would also do the double saber justice. Maybe a slight increase in HP as well”
    Make Maul great again.
  • Deckard112 wrote: »
    A user named “WhatAShame” gave me the craziest solution to buff Maul. I’m sure everybody who plays Maul a lot can confirm that this is a very balanced yet exciting way to buff Maul.

“I think the solution is that while Maul is attacking a saber hero that is not blocking he then automatically blocks their saber strikes while still hitting the target. This would require the target to dodge out of the way or to block, thus reducing the amount of incoming damage to Maul. It would also do the double saber justice. Maybe a slight increase in HP as well”

Interesting concept. But the simple way to combat this would be to just block. The only way to fix that would be to let Maul not stagger on block, but that is being fixed with the Saber Combat update on the 26th. And all it does is encourage spamming attack.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • SomberingJace
    897 posts Member
    edited April 24
    Well would you look at that my curiosity paid off thanks dice
    Post edited by SomberingJace on
    feel the force Sombering Jace
  • Well would you look at that my curiosity laid off thanks dice
    Is your curiosity going to get paid while laid off?
  • Because ea clearly didn’t watch the shows or movies! Glad it’s fixed now though
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited April 24
    Because ea clearly didn’t watch the shows or movies! Glad it’s fixed now though
    It's finally over. Hilarious re-reading all the desperate reaching. You've all been Overruled. Motion dismissed.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Good job :smile: you should all feel good about yourself we got Maul a block
    feel the force Sombering Jace