criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Blocking with Darth Maul, Yoda and Emperor Palpatine

Darth Maul, Yoda and Emperor Palpatine / Darth Sidious should have the ability to block lightsaber attacks and blaster fire!

Darth Maul - I have faired well in dodging lightsaber attacks with Darth Maul but it an unfair fight when a player can succesfully use their force powers or blaster to attack. For such an iconic and cool character, it has been hard to use Maul. To tell me that a player can block my spin attack and force choke and throw, but I can't block Luke's force push or Obi Wan's mind tricks is ridiculous. It is totally unfair!

Allow a block instead of a slide to Maul. I can slide with out the L2 and R2 buttons on PS4. Everyone notes that Maul has speed but the Jedi heroes are just as fast. In addition, the heroes with blasters are pinging me from every direction and there is no way to survive that onslaught. He derseves a block. The character in Phanton Menance warded off Qui-Gon and Obi Wan with multiple blocks from the front and rear. Come on. It's that simple.

Yoda - As I am impressed with Yoda's absorb from blaster fire, he is still vulnerable to saber attacks. Perhaps instead of a block/slide, while using the normal L2 and R2 buttons to block, DEVs should have him flip side to side in four-part pattern to effectively dodge lightsaber onslaughts. Crazy that the strongest of the Jedi Order can not dodge lightsabers. Don't give me the fit the character *****. Yoda has a lightsaber, let him block or give him the ability to use a really fast and hard-to--hit different technique to dodge.

Darth Sidious / Palpatine - Really, the Sith Lord who destroyed the Jedi can not block blaster fire! He was able to do it in BF1. Why change that? I am tired of running when faced with mulitple blaster fire from clone or rebel troopers.

He's one of the strongest Siths of all time. In addition, the same way Anakin has retribution with the triangle for PS4, add lightsaber attack/defense with Paplpatine. He knows how to weild a lightsaber and it was the coolest thing to see in ROTS. The power should be for a period of time (20-30 seconds) were he can access his lightsaber for attack and block but of course can not use his force lightning.

This all makes sense in order for players to continue using some of the most infamous characters. When I begin to choose Han or Lando over Yoda, and Boba Fett and Iden Versio or Palp - that's a problem.

EA Developers - let's get this one done. Oh yeah, bring back Nien Nunb and Greedo!

Replies

• I concur master
  • I completely and with all my heart agree with Maul getting a block. Give him the same as Grevious. Less effective against blasters.
    Make Maul great again.
  • DJ1
    31 posts Member
    Darth Maul, Yoda and Emperor Palpatine / Darth Sidious should have the ability to block lightsaber attacks and blaster fire!

Darth Maul - I have faired well in dodging lightsaber attacks with Darth Maul but it an unfair fight when a player can succesfully use their force powers or blaster to attack. For such an iconic and cool character, it has been hard to use Maul. To tell me that a player can block my spin attack and force choke and throw, but I can't block Luke's force push or Obi Wan's mind tricks is ridiculous. It is totally unfair!

Allow a block instead of a slide to Maul. I can slide with out the L2 and R2 buttons on PS4. Everyone notes that Maul has speed but the Jedi heroes are just as fast. In addition, the heroes with blasters are pinging me from every direction and there is no way to survive that onslaught. He derseves a block. The character in Phanton Menance warded off Qui-Gon and Obi Wan with multiple blocks from the front and rear. Come on. It's that simple.

Yoda - As I am impressed with Yoda's absorb from blaster fire, he is still vulnerable to saber attacks. Perhaps instead of a block/slide, while using the normal L2 and R2 buttons to block, DEVs should have him flip side to side in four-part pattern to effectively dodge lightsaber onslaughts. Crazy that the strongest of the Jedi Order can not dodge lightsabers. Don't give me the fit the character ****. Yoda has a lightsaber, let him block or give him the ability to use a really fast and hard-to--hit different technique to dodge.

Darth Sidious / Palpatine - Really, the Sith Lord who destroyed the Jedi can not block blaster fire! He was able to do it in BF1. Why change that? I am tired of running when faced with mulitple blaster fire from clone or rebel troopers.

He's one of the strongest Siths of all time. In addition, the same way Anakin has retribution with the triangle for PS4, add lightsaber attack/defense with Paplpatine. He knows how to weild a lightsaber and it was the coolest thing to see in ROTS. The power should be for a period of time (20-30 seconds) were he can access his lightsaber for attack and block but of course can not use his force lightning.

This all makes sense in order for players to continue using some of the most infamous characters. When I begin to choose Han or Lando over Yoda, and Boba Fett and Iden Versio or Palp - that's a problem.

EA Developers - let's get this one done. Oh yeah, bring back Nien Nunb and Greedo!

You're honestly wasting your time with all these detailed points. Of course they should be able to block, but the developers of this game dont give a damn what the players of this game experience ... they're probably not even reading anything that doesn't relate directly to their precious 'Chosen One'

... It's a slow death aproach by an organisation of people that refuse to pay attention to their customers
  • Darth Maul and Sidious must get a block ability. Its so stupid when Maul gets blaster in his face like weak child. Also its so stupid when any jedi can easy kill him. Is Maul a Sith lord or any padawan ?
  • I agree they should all get a block and not just to blasters but to lightsabers as well, including Palpatine. He doesn't need his own lightsaber but it would be nice to see him have one. Devs have said before he won't get one I believe, which is sad.