criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Grievous Thrust Surge OP

It goes through walls, objects and even on to abother player standing 5 meters behind the player getting Surged lol... dice pls.

This game smh
My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
2. Fix bugs
3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
4. More love for Starfighter modes
5. First Person only mode

Replies

• Also leaps over air and height differences lol. Mental
    My priority list:

2. Fix bugs
  • It’s so easy to block, and if you got hit by it chances are you where using Luke and running while you where the target. So I think it’s fine to stop runners.

Sigh smh... there we go mister knows it all comment award. Everything doesnt matter to the fact how Surge is working now. Pls hide your hate mate
    My priority list:

2. Fix bugs
  • Block or dodge. Simple.

Thank you gentlemen and have a good night.

Yes simple aint it. Not the point the ability is not working normal. Keep your hate for somebody else yes
    My priority list:

2. Fix bugs
  • Examples

My priority list:

2. Fix bugs
  • Forgot
    My priority list:

2. Fix bugs
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    first 2 videos I see nothing wrong with you are just careless when fighting Grievous not to mention you seemed to of tried to exploit the map in the 2nd video so that was just karma 3rd video was a bit crazy though.

Oh please stop. Again hating on me. Its not about anything but the way Thrust surge worked there. Im a pro player buddy dont teach me :)
    My priority list:

2. Fix bugs
  • @5:30 lol
    My priority list:

2. Fix bugs
  • It goes through walls, objects and even on to abother player standing 5 meters behind the player getting Surged lol... dice pls.

This game smh

I had an issue where it chased Rey as she jumped into the air. She was about 15 feet up and Grievous just shot straight up and killed her.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Yesterday in Kashyyyk I got pushed by Luke, but while falling I was actually killed by a Thrust Surge... It was one of the most hilarious thing I have ever seen. He somehow survived. It could have been lag, but it is still ridiculous when you experience it.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • I got a sweet air kill on a rey who kept running away. She jumped right as i activated it and I leaped up and got her right in the back. Was almost cinematic
  • Come on, man. It's been released for 3 days. Could we at least give it a couple weeks. You know, learn a counter or two? Maybe have some time to properly analyze it so you can determine what may be a glitch vs what may be overpowered vs what may be working as intended?

We just had a completely broken surge since Grievous launch. Maybe a little patience before all the crying about overpowered starts?
  • TheScape wrote: »
    Yesterday in Kashyyyk I got pushed by Luke, but while falling I was actually killed by a Thrust Surge... It was one of the most hilarious thing I have ever seen. He somehow survived. It could have been lag, but it is still ridiculous when you experience it.
    So you were pushed by Luke, meaning you were on the DS, then killed by Thrust Surge(DS)? Um... nope.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4245 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    All videos have simply shown Thrust Surge working properly.
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • IronSoldier
    3798 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Please keep personal opinions out of posts please. If you have a problem with a user's posts... use the ignore list feature.
  • I only remember watching it glitching out and him just running around Naruto style into walls and off platforms in funny videos
  • MC_XIX
    2090 posts Member
    It's not OP at all. It actually works really well and homes in exactly how it should have done when Grievous was released.

It can be blocked and dodged, but even if it does hit you it's only 160 damage.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    It's not OP at all. It actually works really well and homes in exactly how it should have done when Grievous was released.

It can be blocked and dodged, but even if it does hit you it's only 160 damage.

I tested and you can block while facing.your back at it... not really OP yes but thats stupid. Should only block attack with front facing it in general.
    My priority list:

2. Fix bugs
  • All videos have simply shown Thrust Surge working properly.

Are you kidding lol
    My priority list:

2. Fix bugs
  • Your also stunned after landing it briefly and cannot immediately follow up with an attack. You also take collision damage from the terrain. It's still a bad ability.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Its finest least now jet troopers can't destroy him
  • All videos have simply shown Thrust Surge working properly.

Well actually for the Grievous player its nice, but not for the other
    My priority list:

2. Fix bugs
  • Yes, It's easy to block and dodge if you see it straight on. I think everyone would agree that's very easy to avoid.

However, wrapping around corners, locking onto a jump, and diving up in the air is just ridiculous, even for this game.
  • HvV is great with Obi-Wan and Grievous. I feel there are less runners.

• Tried both Thrust cards today and yes at times Grievous would sore through the air ( awesome if you ask me) and other times he would miss and spin “ Naruto style” so I think the thrust surge is fine as is because he takes terrain damage. Today during GA on genosis I Thrust surged a Han player and he rolled behind a rock and I crashed and died with Grievous (instant Karma LoL) so yeah his Thrust surge is fine as is.
  • I feel like grievous is a bit too strong... yup
  • TheScape wrote: »
    Yesterday in Kashyyyk I got pushed by Luke, but while falling I was actually killed by a Thrust Surge... It was one of the most hilarious thing I have ever seen. He somehow survived. It could have been lag, but it is still ridiculous when you experience it.
    So you were pushed by Luke, meaning you were on the DS, then killed by Thrust Surge(DS)? Um... nope.

I meant Maul, I was typing fast. Too bad I didn't have the video because it was quite funny. Thrust Surge can track through different levels. I actually killed a running Luke that was jumping over a building from the ground...
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Block or dodge. Simple.

Thank you gentlemen and have a good night.

Except that it follows you like a hero seeking missile. I used a jump to dodge it, easily clearing him then he suddenly hits me in the back in mid-air, after having thrust surged under me. So unless he has the ability to do it again within seconds, it needs serious fixing. About the only saving grace, and I hate when it happens while playing him, is/was the instant death Grievous can suffer if he uses it and hits an object.
    "I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me, aaaand now I have a lightsaber!"
  • Considering it works 20% of the time what are you crying about
  • It needs a buff.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • If anything, it needs to actually hit its targets.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png

50-50 for me. The tracking is insane but yeah, it won't always hit, and then theres that delay where you cant attack or block.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....

50-50 for me. The tracking is insane but yeah, it won't always hit, and then theres that delay where you cant attack or block.

I still get the spinny bug from time to time.

Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png