criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Community Transmission

Triple XP Weekend: Starfighter Assault

Prev1
EA_Tom
326 posts EA Community Manager
764yms03k1zk.png

TRIPLE XP EVENT: STARFIGHTERS
Start Time: March 15th - 00:01 UTC
End Time: March 18th - 06:00 UTC

Triple XP will be active for all ships within Starfighter Assault and Hero Starfighters for the duration of this event.

hacnd9nv6753.png

Replies

• EA_Tom wrote: »
    764yms03k1zk.png

TRIPLE XP EVENT: STARFIGHTERS
    Start Time: March 15th - 00:01 UTC
    End Time: March 18th - 06:00 UTC

Triple XP will be active for all ships within Starfighter Assault and Hero Starfighters for the duration of this event.

hacnd9nv6753.png

Excellent, thank you :-)
  • grimmace2
    1153 posts Member
    Can't wait, thanks!
  • grimmace2
    1153 posts Member
    Cadoth wrote: »
    Will it be actually triple and not just double xp like happened last time?

Lest we forget, the official response was, "Hero SA normally earns 2x, so 3x doesn't appear to be as drastic as normal SA"
  • anidriX
    929 posts Member
    edited March 15
    @EA_Tom

Is it actual 3X XP for Hero Starfighters or the same it was last time where you said that mode already has 2X by default and the 3X is only applied to the base XP gain rate?

If it is the latter then edit the OP and clarify it so everyone knows, otherwise the event description is deceitful.

Edited for swearing ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Alwe15
    866 posts Member
    Has Hero SF always been double XP? I did not even realise.
  • Would you recommend we really take advantage of this in preparation for the upcoming mode
  • YES!!!

• Will at least I can try to finish off Han's Falcon missile kills.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • CornellAKABCM
    330 posts Member
    edited March 15
    Not like it matters. It's impossible for me to play this game. I can't stand it right now.
    Post edited by CornellAKABCM on
  • I love this event
  • Really enjoying this, always seems like a much better chance of actually using your Battlepoints in SA compared to GA.
  • ZephanUnbound
    2820 posts Member
    edited March 15
    Hero Starfighters is so bad. Just spent 5 minutes waiting for balanced teams and it doesn't even appear to have 3x XP, same as the last event. Only got 10k XP and I was the top player on the leaderboard. I've gotten more XP than that on standard weeks with normal XP.

Would much rather see Starfighter assault with no hero ship limits during these 3x XP weekends so we can actually properly level the hero ships.
  • Tigzee
    182 posts Member
    It's not working properly. Intermitent on XBOX platform......due to an xbox live issue on social and gaming connectivity since 18:48hrs on 14/03/2019. Issue ongoing.....so no Triple XP for xbox players. 😒👎👎👎
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    Tigzee wrote: »
    It's not working properly. Intermitent on XBOX platform......due to an xbox live issue on social and gaming connectivity since 18:48hrs on 14/03/2019. Issue ongoing.....so no Triple XP for xbox players. 😒👎👎👎

Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering why it wasn't working. Oh well, FML.
  • Only game mode worth playing (Starfighter Assault) finally gets an awesome, much needed XP event, and I'm out of town for 13 days....

I literally just can't win with this game. Lol. I hope everyone enjoys it though.
  • DarthJ
    6553 posts Member
    I dont seem to be getting triple XP at all for SA or hero SA
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Well, hero showdown xp just got cut in half again. xD
  • Tigzee
    182 posts Member
    @EA_Tom @F8RGE HELLO? Is there any dude in EA support around to fix this broken "Triple XP Event" this weekend.... it does NOT work !!! ANYONE???
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    I dont seem to be getting triple XP at all for SA or hero SA

Same. Was working in SA earlier today but now it is gone. Was never working in HS for me.
  • DarthJ
    6553 posts Member
    Mine is now working intermittently. Goes on a run of it then goes off
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • it'll be over in a few days and they'll forget it ever had any bugs.
  • Just like the last "triple xp starfighter event" there is no triple xp.... Thanks for wasting my time. Have a good day!
  • Well Dad gum
  • 3x XP does not appear to be working.
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    Usually the 3x is done at the end of the match, but it's not happening for me. Is the 3x XP actually being added on during the match? Although it doesn't seem to be 3x more XP than I normally make. IDK, but it just doesn't seem to be working, which is really disappointing.
  • nerf bombers they make this mode suck
  • Just like the last "triple xp starfighter event" there is no triple xp.... Thanks for wasting my time. Have a good day!

I knew this going to happen again
  • They are so disconnected from the mode they cant even figure out how to turn it on.
  • Seems to be working fine for me on PS4, got my Interceptor from level 20 to 34 in a day. Decided it was a waste of time playing Hero Starfighters though, can't be bothered with all the waiting.
  • a_lazy_surfer
    18 posts Member
    edited March 16
    Any word from mods on why this is not working on xbox? EA?Anything? Hello? There is no 3x going on in starfighter assault or hero starfighters right now.
    Post edited by a_lazy_surfer on
  • Paljo
    17 posts Member
    On my PS4 is not working either :(
  • I played a couple rounds of SA last night (PS4) and it looks like it is 3x battle points throughout the game instead of multiplying your score at the end of the round. I don't play a lot of SA, but I seemed to be levelling up a lot quicker than usual.
  • JayJedi wrote: »
    I played a couple rounds of SA last night (PS4) and it looks like it is 3x battle points throughout the game instead of multiplying your score at the end of the round. I don't play a lot of SA, but I seemed to be levelling up a lot quicker than usual.

But I only play Hero Starfighters and Battle Points are useless in this game mode.
  • JayJedi wrote: »
    I played a couple rounds of SA last night (PS4) and it looks like it is 3x battle points throughout the game instead of multiplying your score at the end of the round. I don't play a lot of SA, but I seemed to be levelling up a lot quicker than usual.

I sincerely hope that’s a typo and that the event is not rewarding 3x BP instead of 3x XP. That would be a failure of a whole nudder level.
  • JayJedi
    319 posts Member
    Omniscient wrote: »
    JayJedi wrote: »

I sincerely hope that’s a typo and that the event is not rewarding 3x BP instead of 3x XP. That would be a failure of a whole nudder level.

You are still getting 3x XP, you just earn it throughout the match instead of multiplying your score at the end by 3.

I'm pretty sure you normally get 500 points for destroying an objective in SA, but this morning I got 1500 so it looks to me like the multiplier is being applied in game instead of at the end of the round.
  • Cadoth
    1096 posts Member

You are still getting 3x XP, you just earn it throughout the match instead of multiplying your score at the end by 3.

I'm pretty sure you normally get 500 points for destroying an objective in SA, but this morning I got 1500 so it looks to me like the multiplier is being applied in game instead of at the end of the round.

I don’t know about SA but in hero star fighters I’m getting just 2x xp
  • TariboWest
    108 posts Member
    edited March 16

It´s called "Triple XP Weekend: Starfighter Assault". Not "Triple XP Weekend: Hero starfighters".
  • TariboWest wrote: »

It´s called "Triple XP Weekend: Starfighter Assault". Not "Triple XP Weekend: Hero starfighters".

Try again. "Triple XP will be active for all ships within Starfigher Assault AND HERO STARFIGHTERS for the duration of this event."

tmb9r9x95x5c.jpg
  • ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Please tell me that new mode has something to do with hero starfighters.
  • Tigzee
    182 posts Member
    @EA_Charlemagne Are you even around for support this weekend whilst the devs and other support dudes are out yachting? Hero Starfighters definitely on 1XP.....and SA seems to award 3XP intermitantly....perhaps depending on what map you are flying in SA. Deffo no award in yellow at EOM stating 3XP....appears to calculate during SA match. But not always... Anyone at EA?