criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

We need Mace Windu!!

danwalkz2480
68 posts Member
edited March 15
The light side is yet to have its own tanky lightsaber hero. Anakin is not a tank, he's just an OP mess.

Mace Windu would make a great addition to the game with his purple lightsaber. I hope they get Samuel L Jackson to voice him.

People wonder how they could add Windu to the game without a light side lightsaber hero counterpart as DICE always like to pair lightsaber heroes and blaster heroes together.

The answer is simple, make Palpatine a lightsaber hero so he can be paired with Windu.

But the number of blaster heroes would be uneven, therefore they add Jango Fett to take Palpatine's old spot as a distance hero.

Doing it this way, we get both Windu and Jango as well as lightsaber Palpatine.

If Mace Windu was to be added, here are some of his stats that would make him a great hero but not OP like Ani.

Lightsaber Damage: 120 damage from the front and 140 from the back. Deals a lightsaber speed of 1.6 swings per second (same speed as Vader).

Health: 800HP with 300HP health regeneration

Movement: Two dodges, same run speed as Vader, have the highest jump in the game (higher than Luke).

Abilities:

Ability One: Force Jump - When Windu jumps into the air, he will be able to activate this ability landing quickly with a powerful jump knocking all enemies to the ground within the radius. Deals 160 damage and has an 11-second cooldown.

Ability Two: Shatterpoint - Windu will target an enemy, exposing their weaknesses and slowing their movement speed. He will then be able to do one powerful lightsaber swing on the targeted enemy dealing 240 damage. Once he has done his lightsaber swing, the ability will end. This lightsaber swing will break any block but won't knock the enemy to the ground. He will not be able to attack for 1.1 seconds after the ability is over. Will have a 7-second cooldown.

Ability Three: Vaapad - Windu will use the dark side of the force to make him more powerful. His movement speed will be increased, lightsaber swing speed increased to 1.8 swings per second. Any attack that an enemy does to Windu will be deflected back at them e.g. if Dooku uses his exposed weakness on Windu, Windu will then exposed weakness back on Dooku, pretty much they both have exposed weakness on them. Another example, Darth Vader uses focused rage and buffs himself, Windu will also get that 200 health buff and extra damage that Vader has. This ability functions to mimic enemy attacks against Windu and then use their own attacks against them.

If Palps was to become a lightsaber hero, this should be his stats

Lightsaber Damage: 110 damage to the front and 140 to the back. Deals a lightsaber speed of 1.7 swings per second

Health: 700HP with 250HP health regeneration

Movement: Two dodges (same dodges as they are now), a run speed equivalent to Obi-Wan and same jump as now.

Ability One: Lightsaber Twirl - (this was used by Palpatine in ROTS against Jedi Masters in his office). It will target an enemy and blur their vision and slowing their movement speed. It will deal 160 damage and when the enemy is hit, they will be knocked to the ground. 12-second cooldown

Ability Two: Force Lighting - Pretty much his primary attack right now, but it will have a 10-second duration. Will not use his lightsaber. It will have a cooldown of 17 seconds.

Ability Three: Chain Lightning - this ability is already on Palpatine so let's keep it.

I'll leave it up to u guys to suggest what Jango Fett's stats and abilities should be.

We need Windu and lightsaber Palps

Edited title for All caps. ~Rtas
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Replies

• I would personally prefer to have Plo Koon.
  • Let’s keep the windu stats like I suggested, you don’t want to make him OP

What do you think of lightsaber palps being paired with Windu

Well we have 3 versions of the same ship, which apparently can be played at the same time now, so I wouldn't say no to having 2 versions of the Senate.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • freshseth83
    363 posts Member
    edited March 15
    Let’s keep the windu stats like I suggested, you don’t want to make him OP

He wouldn't be OP. Grievous and Anakin do just as much damage with a saber strike as I suggested. Grievous has 800 health so let Mace have at least that and imo more, like 850 health. Also he used Force Crush and disabled Grievous permanently. He needs that ability. Let it work like Anakin's Pull Dominance mixed in with a force choke and slam. So a reach and grab with a slam to the ground like Dooku's lightning. Vapaad and Shaterpoint should be his other abilities but I don't have much of a clue how they should be implemented. He should have a jump as high as Palpatine, I agree with that but not as a special ability.
  • vBREEDv
    268 posts Member
    Yesssss please dice for the love of Star Wars pleaseeeee drip Windu FIRST than any other hero
  • lowell
    1138 posts Member
    edited March 15
    If we're getting Mace, I'm still expecting him to be released with a GA Ryloth map to liberate the people of Ryloth since the SA map is the first part of that arc already in TCW Season 1 and Mace's notable battle was Ryloth. Kamino has both an SA and GA map. Why can't Ryloth have the same? Even Kanan from Rebels was a fanboy of Mace when he spoke to Hera's father, who was the Twilek leader Mace united with against the Separatists in the battle, about the Clone Wars since Kanan's master was Depa Billaba, the apprentice of Mace Windu. So technically like how grandparent and great-grandparents go, Mace is Kanan's grandmaster and he is Ezra's (Kanan's apprentice) great-grandmaster. He'll probably be voiced by his TCW voice actor Terrence Carson since he did voice him in Disney Infinity 3.0.

He wouldn't be OP. Grievous and Anakin do just as much damage with a saber strike as I suggested. Grievous has 800 health so let Mace have at least that and imo more, like 850 health. Also he used Force Crush and disabled Grievous permanently. He needs that ability. Let it work like Anakin's Pull Dominance mixed in with a force choke and slam. So a reach and grab with a slam to the ground like Dooku's lightning. Vapaad and Shaterpoint should be his other abilities but I don't have much of a clue how they should be implemented. He should have a jump as high as Palpatine, I agree with that but not as a special ability.

I dont think that's canon anymore, unfortunately.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Let’s keep the Windu stats as I suggested, you don’t want to make him OP

He wouldn't be OP. Grievous and Anakin do just as much damage with a sabre strike as I suggested. Grievous has 800 health so let Mace have at least that and IMO more, like 850 health. Also, he used Force Crush and disabled Grievous permanently. He needs that ability. Let it work like Anakin's Pull Dominance mixed in with a force choke and slam. So a reach and grab with a slam to the ground like Dooku's lightning. Vapaad and Shaterpoint should be his other abilities but I don't have much of a clue how they should be implemented. He should have a jump as high as Palpatine, I agree with that but not as a special ability.

If you want to know how shatterpoint and vaapad should be implemented, read my first post as I explain Windu's three abilities
  • freshseth83
    363 posts Member
    edited March 24
    Let’s keep the Windu stats as I suggested, you don’t want to make him OP

He wouldn't be OP. Grievous and Anakin do just as much damage with a sabre strike as I suggested. Grievous has 800 health so let Mace have at least that and IMO more, like 850 health. Also, he used Force Crush and disabled Grievous permanently. He needs that ability. Let it work like Anakin's Pull Dominance mixed in with a force choke and slam. So a reach and grab with a slam to the ground like Dooku's lightning. Vapaad and Shaterpoint should be his other abilities but I don't have much of a clue how they should be implemented. He should have a jump as high as Palpatine, I agree with that but not as a special ability.

If you want to know how shatterpoint and vaapad should be implemented, read my first post as I explain Windu's three abilities

I read them, but they're too much like other characters' abilities in this game imo. Like the suggestion you have for Shatterpoint is too much like Dooku's expose weakness. I don't agree with you that he needs a slow run speed either. Windu was a champion among the clone army. He shouldn't be some slow moving tank like Vader but actually one of the best at everything like Anakin is. There's a reason he was head of the council, you don't get there by being any run of the mill Jedi.

(spelling)
    Post edited by freshseth83 on
  • WildSpace wrote: »
    Mace would be undoubtedly the most unique saber hero we could have.

My hopes aren’t high we’ll ever get him in this games life cycle, but he would be fantastically awesome

• Deckard112
    567 posts Member
    edited March 16
    He's the strongest Jedi on the council, rivaling if not equaling Yoda. I think 800 or even 850 health is appropriate. And his abilities need to be unique and do serious damage. He was the head of the council, Yoda giving the spot up to him for a period of time. I think his base saber damage should be 140 and 165 from behind. His stats should be extremely powerful. Block, Stamina, Swing speed, ability cooldown etc. He needs to stand out, and not just because he's the ONLY Jedi to have bested Sidious but because of he is revered among the Galaxy.

You have not put any thought into that haven’t you?
    Make Maul great again.
  • I agree, NEED windu. No ahsoka. WINDU.
  • vBREEDv
    268 posts Member
    We neeeeed Windu
  • Windu, ashoka and jango, ventress
  • RyanK388
    1743 posts Member
    There a lot of Important named Characters to choose from the PREQUELS that are Hero material

Is should be a package deal with Mace Windu and Jango Fett because that’s the theme that Heroes have been added to Battlefront; Phasma and Finn, Grievous and Kenobi, Dooku and Anakin, (Mace and Jango)
    (Cad Bane and Rex/Cody) (Ventress/Savage Opress and Ashoka/Padmé)

I’m not saying I’d like these bunch to be in the game but the pair ups follow the theme of how New heroes were added to the game.
    The one Resistance Hero I’d love to SEE added though is that Crimson Corsair; Sidon Ithano as a hired Mercenary type Hero
  • Emotes:

"This party's over"
    "Not bad, not good though but not bad"(From the RoTS game)
    "Take a seat"
    "In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic, you're under arrest"
  • I would rather Mace instead of Ashoka
  • When you absolutely, positively have to kill every ************ in the room, accept no substitutes.
  • The devs won't have to model his hair since he's bald! This is a no-brainer! He already has the same type of robes and outfits as Obi-Wan, just make them a lighter brown color and copy-paste Sam Jackson's face and boom! Surely they need to do this.
  • vBREEDv
    268 posts Member
    The devs won't have to model his hair since he's bald! This is a no-brainer! He already has the same type of robes and outfits as Obi-Wan, just make them a lighter brown color and copy-paste Sam Jackson's face and boom! Surely they need to do this.

Exactly, and just make his beautiful amethyst saber and we’re good.
  • We need Mace Windu.
  • Not a huge Mace fan but he should definitely be in this game, as should all main characters like Qui-Gon, Padme, and Jango.
  • freshseth83
    363 posts Member
    edited March 29
    Sam on CBS talking about his time as Mace, only a short video but still worth posting
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=7BTpMA5cMmI/
  • Terranova4 wrote: »
    Emotes:

"This party's over"
    "Not bad, not good though but not bad"(From the RoTS game)
    "Take a seat"
    "In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic, you're under arrest"

I would spam “This party’s over” so many times lol

Maybe some more:

“May the force be with us all”

“The oppression of the Sith will never return!”

“We are keepers of the peace, not soldiers”

If we get only one more set of melee heroes, it must be him. Though I wouldn’t mind at all if he was paired with Jango or Aurra Sing now that we have duel wielding.
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • Spiito
    1876 posts Member
    +Support for Mace
    Han Solo: "We're gonna win."
    Qi'ra: "It’s not that kind of game, Han. The object is not to win but to stay in it as long as you can."