criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

GA is a joke.

ID_8615
552 posts Member
edited March 2
Why bother??

Seriously, why even bother with troopers ? Why even have GA???

Anakin is the ever lovin' cherry on top of a cake of Heroes and Villains that add NOTHING to Gallactic Assaults. The only thing they do is kill grunts, the pleebs trying to get the objectives accomplished.

Heroes and Villains never fight each other in GA. Not until the final stage.

Before Anakin arrived, Galactic Assaults typically went to the final stage where utter debauchery took place among heroes and villains---grunts were flung assunder like stale, day-old french fries. Winning or losing the final stage was just plain dumb luck.

Now, Anakin just stuffs up the most convenient choke point of a GA, the final stage is never reached. The Juggernauts on Kashyyyk, the Palace Entrance of Naboo, any of the stages on Kamino. As soon as Anakin appears and a choke point occurs, the battle is over.

So, why even bother with GA or grunts? Seems like DICE is bent on making the game in to a Heroes and Villains only platform. Grunts are now more susceptible than ever.

GA is a joke.

GA should be for grunts & vehicles & some enforcers only. Heroes & Villains should not be permitted in GA. Maybe as an AI side-show where one might see Yoda rushing to face Dooku on Kashyyyk in the open flats.. but that is it - no impact to the ground game by & for the troopers.

Replies

  • I can't say i agree that GA its main infantry focus but i do agree that heroes are not what they are supposed to be. i like the comment above that only 2 heroes per map, that would help mitigate the tanking from heroes. the dmg reduction is a problem, when force users use the force should be the best time to shoot the hell out of them and powerfull attacks should have a short range that can increase the longer you charge the move allowing the infantry to get some dmg or kill the hero if he/she is stupid enough to jump in the middle of the battle field (they deserve to be shoot)

    i like to play as jedi but i don't like this tank play style they been given. they have a feel that they are more heavier versions of infantry but have a saber instead of a blaster.
  • The biggest joke in GA to me are that the star ships can fully regenerate all their health while taking damage (Idon't care what cards they have equipped). Everything else in the game stops health regenerating after they get hit but the star ships keep getting it back while continuing their strafing runs. They should be like the last BF where they only got back a limited amount of their health but as it is now, they are as much of a joke as wookies are. This ability should not be allowed in GA. Also, the AT-RT seems to have the same amount of health as an AT-ST cause it takes as many shots with a 242 with disruptor shot to take one out as it does for the AT-ST. I'm talking about the chassis now, not about hitting the person.

    I do agree that heroes should be more limited but I don't think they should not get all their health back. I just stop playing once I see people playing them and they have more eliminations than my entire team. GA is still to one sided most of the time and I don't hesitate anymore to leave a match to find something better. Also, I never play Geonosis and I abort that load every time I see it. It is so incredibly one sided for the clones it's ridiculous. I can't even tell where to hit the tanks anymore cause maybe 1 in every 10 shots actually did damage even when I'm aiming for the bottom where they used to be more vulnerable and I can never get close enough to them cause I just get sniped from the back of the map or rocket troopers.
  • You can't remove Heroes, just accept it
  • anakin destroyed balance and dark side is unplayable.

    Nerf the **** outta him.
    Its crazy how people are fine with him having

    AGILE FAST SPEED

    1000HP

    ONE SHOTTING INFANTRY

    AND INCREDIBILE FORCE POWERS

    and then there people like luke

    who damages 100 per swing

    repulse is pure garbage wroks half the time and deals 75 dmg and no dmg reduction

    PATHETIC
  • ID_8615
    552 posts Member
    The whole point of this thread is to highlight the fact that playing objectives in Galactic Assaults is pointless now that heroes & villains begin appearing from Stage 1, in spades.

    As soon as a choke point is reached, the whole assault comes to a stand-still; neither side can break the other's super-hero dam. Winning or losing has nothing to do with skill or ability to work as a team towards objectives - it's practically dumb luck whether the team wins or loses.

    Those playing heroes are all about themselves and how many grunts they can kill off before the assault ends. They're rarely interested in facing off with other heroes.

    GA has become a huge a joke from what it was originally intended to be as a 'game' of skill, teamwork, and .. objectivity. Too much influence from the Big Names. It's a joke now.
  • brienj
    661 posts Member
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    The whole point of this thread is to highlight the fact that playing objectives in Galactic Assaults is pointless now that heroes & villains begin appearing from Stage 1, in spades.

    As soon as a choke point is reached, the whole assault comes to a stand-still; neither side can break the other's super-hero dam. Winning or losing has nothing to do with skill or ability to work as a team towards objectives - it's practically dumb luck whether the team wins or loses.

    Those playing heroes are all about themselves and how many grunts they can kill off before the assault ends. They're rarely interested in facing off with other heroes.

    GA has become a huge a joke from what it was originally intended to be as a 'game' of skill, teamwork, and .. objectivity. Too much influence from the Big Names. It's a joke now.

    Yep, this is so true. Played on Kamino yesterday on the LS. Was never able to pick a hero, as they were being hogged the whole game. I kept seeing DS Heroes wrecking havoc on our team, yet only saw ONE LS Hero, Yoda, the WHOLE match, which we lost, but wouldn't you know, the Anakin player got top spot, go figure ...
  • Batman20
    1598 posts Member
    Majority of GA games now its rare not to see anakin in the top 3
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    Heroes & Villains should not be permitted in GA.

    I couldn't agree more. A trooper ONLY GA would be appreciated.

    Hero's, the way they're played (never commiting and farming kills), and how players play to get them (sit at spawn screens, farm officer points, spawn kill) just ruins what could be a fair match.
  • The whole game has become a joke now.......
    • endless bugs for everything
    • matchmaking that ensures one side is always getting steamrolled no matter the game mode
    • HvV has become constant games where one side is completely quitting out and deciding not to play
    • Or your joined to a team that has AFK players still and it's critical in HvV to have a full team that's playing the game
    • There isn't a game mode yet for competitive players to play each other and get away from the constant noobs that bring the game play way down
    • I'm sure the noobs feel the same way.....that there isn't some low level game mode to play against each other and learn the game, so they don't get completely steamrolled all the time and quit.
    • A month after anakin's release people are still quitting out of the game if they don't get Anakin. Usually after a month that stops....but it seems to have gotten worse now and it's taking so long to start HvV.
    • The rest of the game modes are dead besides GA, HvV, and Starfighter.
    • Starfighter is the least buggy game mode but it has problems now because of changes that where made to it that where never mentioned in an patch notes.....and they stil haven't nerfed the A-wing, or buffed the interceptor class. Making starfighter fail most of the time when playing as the first order.

  • ID_8615
    552 posts Member
    The whole game has become a joke now.......
    • matchmaking that ensures one side is always getting steamrolled no matter the game mode
    • Or your joined to a team that has AFK players still and it's critical in HvV to have a full team that's playing the game
    • There isn't a game mode yet for competitive players to play each other and get away from the constant noobs that bring the game play way down, so they don't get completely steamrolled all the time and quit.
    • A month after anakin's release people are still quitting out of the game if they don't get Anakin. Usually after a month that stops....but it seems to have gotten worse now and it's taking so long to start HvV.
    The number of players playing to farm kills now is astounding. Steam-rolling is almost a given in GA. And as soon as Anakin does die - if ever - that player typically quits and runs off to find another GA to ruin. They're not even committed to the cause: that is the problem with heroes / villains in GA these days. They have no 'objective' other than to kill lowly base-4 players.

    Grabbing an enforcer to try to even things out a bit does little; they are often slaughtered from behind by some Yoda or Anakin. I feel sorry for the noobs that are coming in to this environment---how frustrating it must be to never make it out of one's spawn site, spending most of one's time starting at a respawn timer.
  • brienj
    661 posts Member
    edited March 24
    The whole game has become a joke now.......
    • endless bugs for everything
    • matchmaking that ensures one side is always getting steamrolled no matter the game mode
    • HvV has become constant games where one side is completely quitting out and deciding not to play
    • Or your joined to a team that has AFK players still and it's critical in HvV to have a full team that's playing the game
    • There isn't a game mode yet for competitive players to play each other and get away from the constant noobs that bring the game play way down
    • I'm sure the noobs feel the same way.....that there isn't some low level game mode to play against each other and learn the game, so they don't get completely steamrolled all the time and quit.
    • A month after anakin's release people are still quitting out of the game if they don't get Anakin. Usually after a month that stops....but it seems to have gotten worse now and it's taking so long to start HvV.
    • The rest of the game modes are dead besides GA, HvV, and Starfighter.
    • Starfighter is the least buggy game mode but it has problems now because of changes that where made to it that where never mentioned in an patch notes.....and they stil haven't nerfed the A-wing, or buffed the interceptor class. Making starfighter fail most of the time when playing as the first order.
    Today one of my daily challenges is to defeat someone with Yoda, and another is to defeat someone with Lando, yesterday it was defeat someone with Yoda, and defeat someone with Lando. HvV is pretty much a joke now anyway, but I searched for games, because that mode is the quickest way to get the challenges done, and yesterday, and today, if I got the dark side, I just immediately quit and searched again. My point is that it isn't necessarily people wanting Anakin that quit.
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    The whole game has become a joke now.......
    • matchmaking that ensures one side is always getting steamrolled no matter the game mode
    • Or your joined to a team that has AFK players still and it's critical in HvV to have a full team that's playing the game
    • There isn't a game mode yet for competitive players to play each other and get away from the constant noobs that bring the game play way down, so they don't get completely steamrolled all the time and quit.
    • A month after anakin's release people are still quitting out of the game if they don't get Anakin. Usually after a month that stops....but it seems to have gotten worse now and it's taking so long to start HvV.
    The number of players playing to farm kills now is astounding. Steam-rolling is almost a given in GA. And as soon as Anakin does die - if ever - that player typically quits and runs off to find another GA to ruin. They're not even committed to the cause: that is the problem with heroes / villains in GA these days. They have no 'objective' other than to kill lowly base-4 players.

    Grabbing an enforcer to try to even things out a bit does little; they are often slaughtered from behind by some Yoda or Anakin. I feel sorry for the noobs that are coming in to this environment---how frustrating it must be to never make it out of one's spawn site, spending most of one's time starting at a respawn timer.

    9 times out of 10, if I kill an Anakin player in GA, they quit, haha

    If they can't get a massive killstreak with him, they quit, that is literally all these certain people care about.

    [Removed insult]
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • Easy solution that makes sense and is a feature that the original SWBFII had: limit heroes to those that were actually part of the conflict.
    Hoth: Han and Luke, Vader and Boba
    Geo: Obi Anakin Yoda Grievous Dooku Palpatin
    StarKiller: Finn Rey Kylo Phasma.

    You want or play as whoever? HvV
  • ID_8615
    552 posts Member
    That fix won't balance GA, unfortunately. Heroes need to be removed from the game until they can figure out how to re-insert them without disrupting the balance of the game.
  • brienj wrote: »
    My point is that it isn't necessarily people wanting Anakin that quit.

    ......if you have the same people playing with you on the darkside for the entire round and then you join the lightside and your the first to get Anakin and then everyone else joins and they see that you have Anakin already and then your entire team quits(NOT JUST ONE PERSON).......you know that most if not all of them wanted Anakin and they didn't get him so they quit.

    Samething when you see the enemy team join the game and one person gets Anakin and then all 3 other players quit. That is a a big sign that the person remaining is the one that has Anakin.

    This happens a lot, especially when a new hero comes out. It use to stop after about a month of the new character being in the game because most everyone had that character leveled up by then; however, with Anakin it seems to be lasting much longer now.
  • vonVile
    196 posts Member
    edited March 19
    sillysaxon wrote: »
    Easy solution that makes sense and is a feature that the original SWBFII had: limit heroes to those that were actually part of the conflict.
    Hoth: Han and Luke, Vader and Boba
    Geo: Obi Anakin Yoda Grievous Dooku Palpatin
    StarKiller: Finn Rey Kylo Phasma.

    You want or play as whoever? HvV

    What EA needs to do is make Heroes era specific. The game has more than enough Heroes to lock out those that don't appear in a certain era. The only problem is the prequel era is that 90% of all Heroes are lightsaber wielders. Outside of Bossk and Chewbacca there are no other blaster Heroes.
    Post edited by vonVile on
  • brienj
    661 posts Member
    brienj wrote: »
    My point is that it isn't necessarily people wanting Anakin that quit.

    ......if you have the same people playing with you on the darkside for the entire round and then you join the lightside and your the first to get Anakin and then everyone else joins and they see that you have Anakin already and then your entire team quits(NOT JUST ONE PERSON).......you know that most if not all of them wanted Anakin and they didn't get him so they quit.

    Samething when you see the enemy team join the game and one person gets Anakin and then all 3 other players quit. That is a a big sign that the person remaining is the one that has Anakin.

    This happens a lot, especially when a new hero comes out. It use to stop after about a month of the new character being in the game because most everyone had that character leveled up by then; however, with Anakin it seems to be lasting much longer now.

    I agree, that some people could be quitting for that reason, I was just saying that not everyone is quitting for that reason though. Heck, real life responsibilities come up at unexpected times too, and people could quit for those. I'm actually glad that Anakin came out, because it has been easier to level up all my other LS heroes that aren't level 40 yet, at least when I feel like playing HvV now, which hasn't been often, because of all the horrible bugs and glitches that have really started plaguing the mode bad lately. Also, you don't even need to level up Anankin, he can easily destroy the opposition with no cards at all.
  • RebelScum13
    59 posts Member
    edited March 20
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    Why bother??

    Seriously, why even bother with troopers ? Why even have GA???

    Anakin is the ever lovin' cherry on top of a cake of Heroes and Villains that add NOTHING to Gallactic Assaults. The only thing they do is kill grunts, the pleebs trying to get the objectives accomplished.

    Heroes and Villains never fight each other in GA. Not until the final stage.

    Before Anakin arrived, Galactic Assaults typically went to the final stage where utter debauchery took place among heroes and villains---grunts were flung assunder like stale, day-old french fries. Winning or losing the final stage was just plain dumb luck.

    Now, Anakin just stuffs up the most convenient choke point of a GA, the final stage is never reached. The Juggernauts on Kashyyyk, the Palace Entrance of Naboo, any of the stages on Kamino. As soon as Anakin appears and a choke point occurs, the battle is over.

    So, why even bother with GA or grunts? Seems like DICE is bent on making the game in to a Heroes and Villains only platform. Grunts are now more susceptible than ever.

    GA is a joke.

    GA should be for grunts & vehicles & some enforcers only. Heroes & Villains should not be permitted in GA. Maybe as an AI side-show where one might see Yoda rushing to face Dooku on Kashyyyk in the open flats.. but that is it - no impact to the ground game by & for the troopers.

    I think the main issue is Anakin being too op at the moment especially in GA. Too much Damage reduction for his abilities and the 4th ability as well. Whatever the case, don't get rid of heroes in GA, it is the main reason I play and like this game.
  • No, with those changes he becomes trash like all the rest. No thanks.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Franchaud
    488 posts Member
    edited March 28
    i mean, i understand that players who can't compete at all, but would like to be a part of the community, pick Anakin because he's easy to play. the one guy yesterday hvv was so lost with boba, i was happy to see him get some action with A. unfortunately it's not them who get the heroes in GA, CS or A. in HVV for that matter, but YTers uploading their disruptive gameplay after steamrolling said players, giving a bad example that has spread a game destroying problem. matchmaking needs to sort players by k/d, maybe...? @AbyssWatch3r your answer says a lot imo. why would A. be trash? because you'd need to put efford to get kills? he's trash right now. you need to think outside your own perspective. the players you destroy with purple op A. to build up your killstreak might be people who just like SW, from kids who just want to be a clone to adults who only know minecraft. for these and many others, with your apparent attitude towards a community who wants to enjoy immersive SW battles with fellow fans, it might be better when you just go play a battle royale, at which i could imagine you're getting steamrolled yourself, and that's why you prefer to kill casuals with op A. in this game, not giving two cents about others trying to have fun. and frankly, i'm tired of having self-centered tryhards throwing Anakin/heroes at me trying to have a good gunfight too. i'm not there for them to let out their frustration about being bullied by everyone irl. i mean, look at your meme. kinda toxic, wouldn't you say? unless, of course, you in fact are one of the kids or only know minecraft. then nvmd.
    Post edited by Franchaud on
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    Why bother??

    Seriously, why even bother with troopers ? Why even have GA???

    Anakin is the ever lovin' cherry on top of a cake of Heroes and Villains that add NOTHING to Gallactic Assaults. The only thing they do is kill grunts, the pleebs trying to get the objectives accomplished.

    Heroes and Villains never fight each other in GA. Not until the final stage.

    Before Anakin arrived, Galactic Assaults typically went to the final stage where utter debauchery took place among heroes and villains---grunts were flung assunder like stale, day-old french fries. Winning or losing the final stage was just plain dumb luck.

    Now, Anakin just stuffs up the most convenient choke point of a GA, the final stage is never reached. The Juggernauts on Kashyyyk, the Palace Entrance of Naboo, any of the stages on Kamino. As soon as Anakin appears and a choke point occurs, the battle is over.

    So, why even bother with GA or grunts? Seems like DICE is bent on making the game in to a Heroes and Villains only platform. Grunts are now more susceptible than ever.

    GA is a joke.

    GA should be for grunts & vehicles & some enforcers only. Heroes & Villains should not be permitted in GA. Maybe as an AI side-show where one might see Yoda rushing to face Dooku on Kashyyyk in the open flats.. but that is it - no impact to the ground game by & for the troopers.

    I disagree that GA is a joke. So many phases are amazing. What the game really needs is to get rid of extraction and strike then merge all the objectives into Capital Supremecy as an open free flow objective based mode. It should also have starfighters. This way it’s not just standing by command posts but still having the freedom to go anywhere including the air and literally having the freedom of a full on Star Wars open Battle.
  • Overall it’s not the experience we should be playing for an Ultimate SW battle but it’s not a joke. It’s more like only part. Like I said if they merge the concept of both plus starfighters. It would be the ultimate SW battle experience anyone could ask for.
  • ANAKIN destroyed IT
    he is worse than palpatine
  • SYchael wrote: »
    I disagree that GA is a joke. So many phases are amazing. What the game really needs is to get rid of extraction and strike then merge all the objectives into Capital Supremecy as an open free flow objective based mode. It should also have starfighters. This way it’s not just standing by command posts but still having the freedom to go anywhere including the air and literally having the freedom of a full on Star Wars open Battle.


    Don’t get rid of extraction. That is the only game mode that is fun right now becasue there are no heroes. Add a couple more maps.

    I have always been shocked they haven’t had an extraction from the DS getting Hans carbonite block to Boba Fett. It is literally an extraction from the movie. It would be great if they added it and fun to play.

    All other game modes with heroes sucks right now because Anakin is so broken. A high level player, even an upper mid level player, is just a nightmare.
  • brienj
    661 posts Member
    Phan816tom wrote: »
    SYchael wrote: »
    I disagree that GA is a joke. So many phases are amazing. What the game really needs is to get rid of extraction and strike then merge all the objectives into Capital Supremecy as an open free flow objective based mode. It should also have starfighters. This way it’s not just standing by command posts but still having the freedom to go anywhere including the air and literally having the freedom of a full on Star Wars open Battle.


    Don’t get rid of extraction. That is the only game mode that is fun right now becasue there are no heroes. Add a couple more maps.

    I have always been shocked they haven’t had an extraction from the DS getting Hans carbonite block to Boba Fett. It is literally an extraction from the movie. It would be great if they added it and fun to play.

    All other game modes with heroes sucks right now because Anakin is so broken. A high level player, even an upper mid level player, is just a nightmare.

    Extraction can be fun, but if you play against a team that is all in the same party, and you are playing by yourself, it's not fun at all. Your team will be held at the spawn point with no chance of making any movement. The only counter is joining a party with friends and playing, since you won't let that happen to you. All modes would be so much more enjoyable if they'd only match people in a party against other people in a party, or they had some kind of ranking that put better teammates on your team that actually knew how to play.
  • Phan816tom
    50 posts Member
    edited March 27
    Match making is an issue. And I have played numerous games where I have been pinned into the spawn point. I have also even on the other side where the other team just cannot get out.

    I wish there was more maps. And I do think Bespin would be fun. The ending of Jabba’s palace is a bad bottleneck in favor of the DS.

    Other than that, I actually think it is one of the better game modes. Mostly because I believe Anakin. Has ruined any game mode with heroes in it. He is just awful.
  • ID_8615
    552 posts Member
    GA is now on life-support. Mostly due to over-powered heroes & villains; Anakin was just the last nail in the coffin.
    GA is a flippin' joke with OP Ani just running around taking dumps. My wookie warriors and death troopers are typically pulled and flung around and abused like over-cooked broccoli on a kids' plate.

    Rather than reach for equilibrium by toning DOWN over-powered heroes, EA/DICE double-down and ratcheted ↑UP↑ fire power on a whole range of star ships, classes, and light-sabre action. I.e., it's even easier than ever before to just DIE a useless death.

    As expected, few are even playing GA with the release of the new Capital Supremacy. But, there too, you see a useless Anakin running around squeezing the buttocks and easily surpassing 100+ kills... without really helping the team.

    The Dev Team needs to go back and look at why BF2015 is still popular among many here. Much of it has to do with the balance that it achieves among teams: few heroes (even though they are just as over-powered there as they are in BF2) to spoil the experience of playing objectives... of playing on a TEAM. Now more than ever, BF2 feels like a rag-tag bunch of in-duh-viduals running around to simply score kills. 😞
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    .

    As expected, few are even playing GA with the release of the new Capital Supremacy. But, there too, you see a useless Anakin running around squeezing the buttocks and easily surpassing 100+ kills... without really helping the team.

    What system are you on? Because I'm constantly playing GA and and Star fighter Assault, the game modes I find empty are the completely mangled Ewok vs Trooper TDM (it's no longer a hunt, the ewoks aren't scary anymore so just shooting them is all you have to do... Lame)
  • ID_8615
    552 posts Member
    on PS4.
  • No. What we need is a fricking conquest game that has multi-seated vehicles and a large scale field of battle. DICE doesn’t understand that vehicles will undoubtedly, given the room to maneuver, tip the scale of balance for the battlefront. Hero’s become limitless because we aren’t cluster **** in a room or hallway so they are able to use all of their abilities. There are ways around it but I want the scale! I mean the old bfs had a massive field, specifically geonosis. There were walkers blasting at the npc sith but it truly showed you how useless they were in that fight. Opens room for even snipers! Like I don’t get why y’all don’t make threads about it because that was what all the fan base wanted in 2017. Like stop asking dice to balance the hero’s. Every thought you might just suck at the game?
  • Guys check out my post about Anakin if you wanna help me get him fixed/changed cause im sick of his silly 360 instant win buttons ruining the big modes.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/134202/dice-hear-me-out-balance-anakin-properly/p1?new=1
  • ID_8615
    552 posts Member
    We've played more BF2015 this weekend than BF2.
  • OforsakenO wrote: »
    No. What we need is a fricking conquest game that has multi-seated vehicles and a large scale field of battle. DICE doesn’t understand that vehicles will undoubtedly, given the room to maneuver, tip the scale of balance for the battlefront. Hero’s become limitless because we aren’t cluster **** in a room or hallway so they are able to use all of their abilities. There are ways around it but I want the scale! I mean the old bfs had a massive field, specifically geonosis. There were walkers blasting at the npc sith but it truly showed you how useless they were in that fight. Opens room for even snipers! Like I don’t get why y’all don’t make threads about it because that was what all the fan base wanted in 2017. Like stop asking dice to balance the hero’s. Every thought you might just suck at the game?

    I was so disappointed that I couldn't sit in one of the LAAT gun spheres while my friend flew
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!