criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Skirmish/Offline Content

Replies

• Recent response from Jay about Arcade content:

3gv27rh712x5.jpg

Well, at least he said not to be now, which means they're still planning to make such a mode for Arcade
  • That pretty much confirms my suspicion that the game mode hasn't been cancelled, just put on hold. Especially after the "leaked" info that they were in the middle of developing an Arcade mode when the developers working on said mode where moved to other projects.

It seems that all this new content (heroes, clone skins, new mode, etc) took up far more of their time than they were initially planning, so it really was an "all hands on deck" type of scenario.

I do still believe a large Arcade mode is coming, there's just been too many people asking at this point, but I don't expect it to arrive until much further down the line when they have got less projects going on.
  • That pretty much confirms my suspicion that the game mode hasn't been cancelled, just put on hold. Especially after the "leaked" info that they were in the middle of developing an Arcade mode when the developers working on said mode where moved to other projects.

It seems that all this new content (heroes, clone skins, new mode, etc) took up far more of their time than they were initially planning, so it really was an "all hands on deck" type of scenario.

I do still believe a large Arcade mode is coming, there's just been too many people asking at this point, but I don't expect it to arrive until much further down the line when they have got less projects going on.

I agree, what comforts me most about this message is that we were right (that after the new online mode, they would come back to make it offline) ... and I think it's not too far away for several reasons: Jay said this week about the leak is Some Info, that we should expect a CT (which may indicate the promised CT Arcade), in November Dennis said that this mode was in development (I believe it was stopped to better develop the clone skins and the powers of Anakin, which explains why they took the February mode) ...
  • Recent response from Jay about Arcade content:

3gv27rh712x5.jpg

Just relief now we play the waiting game for arcade. :) if its the last update that's fine by me.
  • Sim wrote: »
    Few minutes ago :

what did he mean with this?
    Few minutes ago :

Possibly that as of right now no arcade content. As the team's working on other things. They're not ruling arcade out tho. Just not a priority.
    Few minutes ago :

Possibly that as of right now no arcade content. As the team's working on other things. They're not ruling arcade out tho. Just not a priority.

What comforts me in this message is that it just said that it will not be the new Arcade content NOW, but it does not mean it is not in development ... maybe we should wait until May or June ... Charlemagne himself said they would do it after the new mode reaches the multiplayer
  • Sim
    44 posts Member
    edited March 21
    Yeah, don't expect to hear about Arcade tomorrow guys.

Exactly.

And something important in what he said is that DICE is considering the arcade content as a future priority
  • It is still in the works so I am happy.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Sim
    44 posts Member
    edited March 21
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    The devs could be sincere regarding Arcade content but then again they could easily be stalling until the release of the new star wars singleplayer game in the fall. I personally think that if large battles for offline don't arrive by the end of summer then its probably not coming at all.

The next road map would tell us the truth, I hope... it will probably come soon, during the star wars celebration.

It could be interesting for the game and for EA, to finish this battlefront game with an offline mod closed to the original one.

And I really think that the coming star wars game is a totally different type of game. Would be an error for EA to think that they could remove the offline classic mode by a new game.

• Seems that once the new modes out in a few months we may have that arcade update. I do think if we keep pushing the mode will 100% come out for us. Heres hoping it doesn't come out then the game stops getting content. Though If they do it well Dice would of earned my trust for a BF3 if made.

you're almost there dice you can do it.
    Doubt it
  • EA_Rtas
    384 posts EA Moderator
    Keep it on topic please, this isn't the place to request skins.
    Few minutes ago :

The text you showed us, thanks for posting it by the way Sim: :)

On Tuesday March 19th, 2019 at 7:51pm, Sosha Soruna asked DICE's Charlemagne, "Are you guys planing on releasing any new Offline modes in the future or should we not even expect anything Offline at all?"

Response by DICE's Charlemagne, "Nothing major to share there (for the time being)."

Carter, "I'd assume DICE has a long list of priorities right now."

Response by DICE's Charlemagne, "Yes we do. What impacts and helps the most players have fun, tends to put things much higher. A stat page is nice but not major. Private Matches are nice but not widely desired or used on most titles. Core player groups like Private Matches but the general player-base never touches them. Again NOT saying never, just not now."

Sosha Soruna asked DICE's Charlemagne, "Are the Solo Players in the same category as the ones that want Private Matches?"

Response by DICE's Charlemagne, "No that's a separate category. More people want Offline content then Private Matches, but Offline Content also takes much longer to make and still isn't as wide reaching."

“There is always hope.”
  • SAM4XE
    293 posts Member
    Sim wrote: »
    Few minutes ago :

The text you showed us, thanks for posting it by the way Sim: :)

On Tuesday March 19th, 2019 at 7:51pm, Sosha Soruna asked DICE's Charlemagne, "Are you guys planing on releasing any new Offline modes in the future or should we not even expect anything Offline at all?"

Response by DICE's Charlemagne, "Nothing major to share there (for the time being)."

Carter, "I'd assume DICE has a long list of priorities right now."

Response by DICE's Charlemagne, "Yes we do. What impacts and helps the most players have fun, tends to put things much higher. A stat page is nice but not major. Private Matches are nice but not widely desired or used on most titles. Core player groups like Private Matches but the general player-base never touches them. Again NOT saying never, just not now."

Sosha Soruna asked DICE's Charlemagne, "Are the Solo Players in the same category as the ones that want Private Matches?"

Response by DICE's Charlemagne, "No that's a separate category. More people want Offline content then Private Matches, but Offline Content also takes much longer to make and still isn't as wide reaching."

Typical EA rhetoric, downplaying the popularity of offline/singleplayer gaming. If it's not wide reaching then where's their motivation to produce significant arcade content because they won't be gaining financially if they believe the offline community is so small.
    Few minutes ago :

Offline content desire isn't as wide reaching? O.K. good to know
  • Hate to be a pessimist but I've given up hope, I truly don't think a large scale mode is ever coming to Battlefront 2.

Luckily, there are great offline single player games being released lately. They have and will occupy me for a long time.

What a shame, this game could've been a timeless classic.
  • Unoder
    60 posts Member
    Slevi17 wrote: »
    Hate to be a pessimist but I've given up hope, I truly don't think a large scale mode is ever coming to Battlefront 2.

Luckily, there are great offline single player games being released lately. They have and will occupy me for a long time.

Don't give up hope yet... think of it this way, would EA approve the release of a sandbox game mode for arcade when there isn't even a variant of that for the multiplayer yet? I don't know about you but I highly doubt that. I say wait until at least a month or two has passed, and if we still don't have any information in regards to the large scale offline game mode, than maybe then it would be time to get concerned.

However, if one thing is for certain it's that we'll never see the large offline game mode if the interest for it dwindles, so try to stay optimistic and keep letting them know it's something the community really wants as I still believe we'll see it one day, and in the not too distant future no less.
  • Guys the new game mode has confirmed AI bots, Meaning it may go somewhere/ update AI
  • Guys the new game mode has confirmed AI bots, Meaning it may go somewhere/ update AI

Yes! I'm very exciting!
  • Unoder
    60 posts Member
    edited March 22
    Until it's been confirmed, I wouldn't expect the AI to be any better than it is now. I doubt they'll be any more intuitive, however they may finally at least be outfitted with star cards appropriate to their class, as opposed to the arbitrary star card setup they're given now (sometimes they don't have any lol), and hopefully all of they're star cards will be at level 4 because they need to be to compensate for the AI's current inefficiency. People play against them in arcade with maxed out cards and wonder why it's so ez but never seem to consider the really unfair advantage, and completely forget what it was like at launch to play against ppl who had "paid to win" and were running with a full set of purple cards...

Anyway, if they've had pathing finished for the planetary phase of the battle than as I mentioned earlier don't lose hope for an offline large scale game mode just yet. At the very least we should be able to receive conquest even if it's without AI vehicles or reinforcements.
  • Ben Walke on the AI ​​of the new mode on Reddit:

"They work well, even roll etc"
  • ryanjk
    472 posts Member
    More waiting for big arcade mode? Nah. No more waiting for bf2 or dice, you guys make me sad.
  • ryanjk
    472 posts Member
    Remember when we were asking for large offline modes pre launch and you said dont worry we got you. Yea **** you dice.
  • ryanjk
    472 posts Member
    You guys cant even fix yodas jump height...... bunch of clownshoe wearing jokers.
  • SAM4XE
    293 posts Member
    The fact that Ai are in Capital Supremacy brings good and possibly not so good news for Arcade. Good news is that the Ai have been improved and significantly increases the chances of a large objective mode for Arcade but because this mode has taken so long to develop with only 1 map, their focus will be on adding more maps to online which may delay Arcade content even further.
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    The fact that Ai are in Capital Supremacy brings good and possibly not so good news for Arcade. Good news is that the Ai have been improved and significantly increases the chances of a large objective mode for Arcade but because this mode has taken so long to develop with only 1 map, their focus will be on adding more maps to online which may delay Arcade content even further.

Maybe they will bring this mode for Arcade with Geonosis only, like in Multiplayer...and add more maps to this online mode and after for offline
  • Sim
    44 posts Member

Agree on the « good news ».

On the french version of the news, it is clearly written that AI will be part of the game and ALSO capturing points. So an AI definitely more agressive and smarter. Sounds good !

On the french version of the news, it is clearly written that AI will be part of the game and ALSO capturing points. So an AI definitely more agressive and smarter. Sounds good !

I hope this agressiv and smarter AI in Team Battle too
  • SAM4XE
    293 posts Member
    Sim wrote: »

I hope this agressiv and smarter AI in Team Battle too

It would be logical to assume the smarter Ai will be evident in regular Arcade.
  • Unfortunately Charlemagne confirmed that AI changes are only for CS. They are separate AI. Though thats not to say in time the AI can be turned for offline. Or perhaps they will update Ai later on. Who knows either way it's a step in the right direction and thats good.
  • Unoder wrote: »
    Slevi17 wrote: »
    Hate to be a pessimist but I've given up hope, I truly don't think a large scale mode is ever coming to Battlefront 2.

Don't give up hope yet... think of it this way, would EA approve the release of a sandbox game mode for arcade when there isn't even a variant of that for the multiplayer yet? I don't know about you but I highly doubt that. I say wait until at least a month or two has passed, and if we still don't have any information in regards to the large scale offline game mode, than maybe then it would be time to get concerned.

However, if one thing is for certain it's that we'll never see the large offline game mode if the interest for it dwindles, so try to stay optimistic and keep letting them know it's something the community really wants as I still believe we'll see it one day, and in the not too distant future no less.

Agreed, this is why I will keep posting as long as they support the game.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Thinking better, it makes sense ... they know we want an offline mode with a good AI ... so, as a form of provocation, they put this new AI (that rolls and everything) in this new mode, which is what they will bring for the Arcade ... and the reason they did not change the Team Battle is that it's a way focused on training heroes and reinforcements, or if they did it would give more work ... no matter what, as well as Starfighter Assault, this new AI is a type of provocation and will be used in offline CS
  • Thinking better, it makes sense ... they know we want an offline mode with a good AI ... so, as a form of provocation, they put this new AI (that rolls and everything) in this new mode, which is what they will bring for the Arcade ... and the reason they did not change the Team Battle is that it's a way focused on training heroes and reinforcements, or if they did it would give more work ... no matter what, as well as Starfighter Assault, this new AI is a type of provocation and will be used in offline CS

Offline CS would be a blast.

Offline CS would be a blast.

Not necessarily ... it seems that in this new way to Ai will be able to achieve goals ... if they use the same AI, we will have a great offline with goals
  • I do not think that developing AI for online means that the general AI behavior or maybe future AI behavior gets improved necessarily...

AI needs some sort of information not only on where to walk but also on how to behave, what do to, when to aim, different walk paths and variations, use of special abilities when it makes sense, searching for cover, playing the objective and and and ...

there are definitely parts that can be abstracted and used in other regions of the game, but depending on how they structured the AI and how the Engine handles these kind of information for the AI it might be pretty level specific and only applicable for this dedicated use case of the online game mode... Except a direct port of it for offline is intended and "only" the AI count has to be set higher, but I would doubt that...

As long as there are no new official information, I would not get my hopes up too high that something is coming soon or even this year.
  • Jesbro
    551 posts Member
    The release is more than likely still a ways off but here is what it ideally could be :

My bet is that the Large Offline mode will be the planetary battles (Conquest) from the new mode but will be available on all large maps for Arcade.

Would be up to 32 vs 32 with all but the 1 or 2 players being AI just like in Arcade.

Probably no AI Heroes but possible AI Reinforcements and hopefully AI Vehicles at least along with the updated AI from Capital Supremacy (CS) for the normal classes.

The maps available should be all the maps from Galactic Assault that are big enough for 5 Conquest points like in CS

Clone Wars:
    Geonosis,
    Kashyyk,
    Kamino,
    Naboo

Galactic Civil War:
    Endor,
    Death Star II,
    Hoth,
    Tatooine,
    Yavin 4

War of the First Order:
    Crait
    Jakku
    Starkiller Base
    Takodana

Please use the portions of the maps that have vehicles like the first part of Crait,
    The ATAT parts of Endor and Hoth,
    The first part of the Jakku match where the First Order are charging up the hill.
    ETC

To me Star Wars is not Star Wars at all without the huge vehicle battles !!!
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    The release is more than likely still a ways off but here is what it ideally could be :

My bet is that the Large Offline mode will be the planetary battles (Conquest) from the new mode but will be available on all large maps for Arcade.

Would be up to 32 vs 32 with all but the 1 or 2 players being AI just like in Arcade.

Probably no AI Heroes but possible AI Reinforcements and hopefully AI Vehicles at least along with the updated AI from Capital Supremacy (CS) for the normal classes.

The maps available should be all the maps from Galactic Assault that are big enough for 5 Conquest points like in CS

Clone Wars:
    Geonosis,
    Kashyyk,
    Kamino,
    Naboo

Galactic Civil War:
    Endor,
    Death Star II,
    Hoth,
    Tatooine,
    Yavin 4

War of the First Order:
    Crait
    Jakku
    Starkiller Base
    Takodana

Please use the portions of the maps that have vehicles like the first part of Crait,
    The ATAT parts of Endor and Hoth,
    The first part of the Jakku match where the First Order are charging up the hill.
    ETC

To me Star Wars is not Star Wars at all without the huge vehicle battles !!!

Would be great! I'd really like them to launch a complete Arcade full map conquest along with the new multiplayer mode update ... and I would not mind if it was a Team Battle for large maps and it was updated over time ... I hope that the Roadmap can tell us something
  • Honestly, if they've made improvements to the AI and programmed them to roam entire maps, there is absolutely no excuse for them NOT to bring them to Arcade.

I understand them not implementing it immediately, these things take time, but if they can do what they say they've done for an online game mode, they can do it for offline too.

I'm sure we may have to wait several months for a dedicated offline mode, but as long as it comes in the end, I'll be happy.
  • I'll wait for the non disclosure agreement to end in April so they can share stuff with us. Honestly, the large scale mode is 60-40 that we don't get it. It took them this long to do one map. Others may be on the way. They will be focused on the MP. Arcade will be too much work with too little manpower. The game will likely not be supported past Episode 9 (Nov/Dec). The remarks from the reddit community managers don't give me the most hope since they are very non committal and see it as a low priority.
  • Starmasui73146
    1026 posts Member
    edited March 23
    The new Online game mode is called Capital Supremacy:

Here's the thread:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/128692/community-transmission-capital-supremacy/p1
    I'm not sure if this is the mode coming for Offline.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Maytheforcebewithyou
    1020 posts Member
    edited March 23

Here's the thread:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/128692/community-transmission-capital-supremacy/p1

https://mobile.twitter.com/JayKingIngram/status/1109272147703193601

Unfortunately not in arcade for launch but this was mentioned by Jay about it.

• Aryck-The-One
    1581 posts Member
    edited March 23

Here's the thread:

Kensei480
    will the new mode be available to play offline?

Jay Ingram (Charlemagne)
    No, unfortunately not at release.

"Not at release"? That's interesting... could be they've designed this mode with Arcade in mind, to make it easier to port than Galactic Assault? It already has AI bots for the planetary aspect.

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • The new Online game mode is called Capital Supremacy:

Here's the thread:

Kensei480
    will the new mode be available to play offline?

Jay Ingram (Charlemagne)
    No, unfortunately not at release.

"Not at release"? That's interesting... could be they've designed this mode with Arcade in mind, to make it easier to port than Galactic Assault? It already has AI bots for the planetary aspect.

Yes that's a possibility.