criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

A way to keep troopers and heroes happy

Jenga_Fett1
523 posts Member
edited March 21
A lot of the community wants heroes to not show up on the radar at all. I strongly, yet respectfully disagree with that as it would harm trooper gameplay. Those arguing for heroes to become stealthier normally bring concern to the fact that they are often being insta-killed by 150 Battlepoint speeders. So, I offer a compromise:
Heroes don’t show up on the radars of speeders.
By doing this, trooper gameplay won’t heavily be affected and heroes won’t become more powerful than they already are.

Post edited by Jenga_Fett1 on

Replies

• I don't think 4,500-6,000 BP is cheap. A typical speeder costs, what, 150 BP? It seems unfair that someone can hop in a speeder and give a hero a fatal concussion by running em over. You also say that heroes that get run over deserve to get run over. I don't think so... I was playing the objective on Geonosis once as Grievous and this one clone on a BARC speeder would not leave me alone. Apparently it was his mission to try and run me over. The whole mechanic of speeders being able to instakill is frankly incredibly annoying.

I agree that heroes shouldn't become invisible ninjas, but maybe they should be invisible except when using their abilities? That seems like a more valid compromise as it allows you to see when a hero is near because they're always using their abilities.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • I’m not saying that heroes deserve to be killed by heroes. I was pointing out that any light side hero is not contributing to their team during the last two phases of Geonosis. I suppose that I might have let my personal feelings of that map affect my judgement and so I apologize for the confusion.
    Speaking of heroes and prices, I don’t think it’s reasonable how ridiculously cheap speeders are. The price of all speeders sans the ski speeder should have their price increased to 600-800 Battlepoints. On the other hand, the price for all other reinforcements should be increased. I’m not arguing for reinforcements to be changed, I’m arguing that they are all too cheap. 4500 Battlpoints can be achieved very easily. Heroes will still be a large part of the game, but they will require a little more effort into achieving.
  • Good on you for clarifying!
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • heroes should only show up on the radar when they are attacking otherwise only other heroes should see enemy heroes on the radar at all times.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    heroes should only show up on the radar when they are attacking otherwise only other heroes should see enemy heroes on the radar at all times.

This would be a good solution, though I'd still want toe speederbike to be tweaked so it's more than just a troll device.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    heroes should only show up on the radar when they are attacking otherwise only other heroes should see enemy heroes on the radar at all times.

This would be a good solution, though I'd still want toe speederbike to be tweaked so it's more than just a troll device.

agreed the BP needs to be increased or its barrage needs to be nerfed or maybe both.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • I would support a nerf to the barrage. It should do at least 250 damage to organic units and B-series battledroids rather than how high it is. So it would still be viable. However, increase its ion damage.
  • How about just make speeders and vehicles show up on radar as it was in 15, that way it’s on the hero if they can’t read the map or not. Heroes see speeders/vehicles, speeders/vehicles already see heroes, troopers see everyone.