criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Penalties for rage quitters.

xXCodexXx
26 posts Member
edited March 21
I don't understand why this doesn't exist. Penalties in the form of matchmaking banning for short periods of time for example, need to be implemented ASAP. Just five minutes ago I was thrown into a match in HvV and as soon as the match started, 2 of my teammates quit. The funniest thing about it is that it happens mostly when I get to Anakin first.

Anyway, I decided to stay in the match with the other teammate left, maybe wait around for someone to jump in. Cut to a minute later when my other teammate leaves. So i'm left to fight off 4 villains alone. I managed to hold them off for long enough, and just when I was about to lose with my last life, 3 people joined and we managed to turn a 1/10 into a 1/5.

Even Rocket League punishes match quitters EXCEPT for when the score gets too high to combat.

This stuff happens every day. Do something about it.

Replies

  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    xXCodexXx wrote: »
    I don't understand why this doesn't exist. Penalties in the form of matchmaking banning for short periods of time for example, need to be implemented ASAP. Just five minutes ago I was thrown into a match in HvV and as soon as the match started, 2 of my teammates quit. The funniest thing about it is that it happens mostly when I get to Anakin first.

    Anyway, I decided to stay in the match with the other teammate left, maybe wait around for someone to jump in. Cut to a minute later when my other teammate leaves. So i'm left to fight off 4 villains alone. I managed to hold them off for long enough, and just when I was about to lose with my last life, 3 people joined and we managed to turn a 1/10 into a 1/5.

    Even Rocket League punishes match quitters EXCEPT for when the score gets too high to combat.

    This stuff happens every day. Do something about it.

    I have been quitting a lot lately, but only because in certain games, it doesn't happen in all of them, I consistently keep getting the no-block glitch and other bugs, such as abilities not working. It will happen every time I spawn into certain games, and once I realize I have the problem, I quit. Would you rather someone affected by this stay in the game and be utterly useless to help the team, or would you rather they leave and hopefully someone else joins that isn't affected with the bugs?
  • i don't know why people should be punish if we quit games. sometimes , we get disconnected from the server and sometimes we don't like the next map.
  • xXCodexXx wrote: »
    I don't understand why this doesn't exist. Penalties in the form of matchmaking banning for short periods of time for example, need to be implemented ASAP. Just five minutes ago I was thrown into a match in HvV and as soon as the match started, 2 of my teammates quit. The funniest thing about it is that it happens mostly when I get to Anakin first.

    Anyway, I decided to stay in the match with the other teammate left, maybe wait around for someone to jump in. Cut to a minute later when my other teammate leaves. So i'm left to fight off 4 villains alone. I managed to hold them off for long enough, and just when I was about to lose with my last life, 3 people joined and we managed to turn a 1/10 into a 1/5.

    Even Rocket League punishes match quitters EXCEPT for when the score gets too high to combat.

    This stuff happens every day. Do something about it.

    Maybe if they could keep track of how many times a player leaves a match early in a week or a month, then maybe that would be a good idea. Then they could get penalized. Not everyone leaves because they rage quit. They could have a legitimate reason to leave the game early.
  • Absolutely not. I bought the game and will come and go as I please and play it as I please as well.
  • brienj wrote: »
    xXCodexXx wrote: »
    I don't understand why this doesn't exist. Penalties in the form of matchmaking banning for short periods of time for example, need to be implemented ASAP. Just five minutes ago I was thrown into a match in HvV and as soon as the match started, 2 of my teammates quit. The funniest thing about it is that it happens mostly when I get to Anakin first.

    Anyway, I decided to stay in the match with the other teammate left, maybe wait around for someone to jump in. Cut to a minute later when my other teammate leaves. So i'm left to fight off 4 villains alone. I managed to hold them off for long enough, and just when I was about to lose with my last life, 3 people joined and we managed to turn a 1/10 into a 1/5.

    Even Rocket League punishes match quitters EXCEPT for when the score gets too high to combat.

    This stuff happens every day. Do something about it.

    I have been quitting a lot lately, but only because in certain games, it doesn't happen in all of them, I consistently keep getting the no-block glitch and other bugs, such as abilities not working. It will happen every time I spawn into certain games, and once I realize I have the problem, I quit. Would you rather someone affected by this stay in the game and be utterly useless to help the team, or would you rather they leave and hopefully someone else joins that isn't affected with the bugs?

    I have never heard of the no-block bug occurring without being first affected by Kylo's freeze, but even so, I highly doubt it happens so often that you would get punished for it.
  • xXCodexXx wrote: »
    I don't understand why this doesn't exist. Penalties in the form of matchmaking banning for short periods of time for example, need to be implemented ASAP. Just five minutes ago I was thrown into a match in HvV and as soon as the match started, 2 of my teammates quit. The funniest thing about it is that it happens mostly when I get to Anakin first.

    Anyway, I decided to stay in the match with the other teammate left, maybe wait around for someone to jump in. Cut to a minute later when my other teammate leaves. So i'm left to fight off 4 villains alone. I managed to hold them off for long enough, and just when I was about to lose with my last life, 3 people joined and we managed to turn a 1/10 into a 1/5.

    Even Rocket League punishes match quitters EXCEPT for when the score gets too high to combat.

    This stuff happens every day. Do something about it.

    Maybe if they could keep track of how many times a player leaves a match early in a week or a month, then maybe that would be a good idea. Then they could get penalized. Not everyone leaves because they rage quit. They could have a legitimate reason to leave the game early.

    Well yeah obviously, I was talking about people who do it all the time.
  • MerovechI wrote: »
    Absolutely not. I bought the game and will come and go as I please and play it as I please as well.

    LMAO, I bought the game too, why should my experience be ruined by your incompetence to keep your rage under control?
  • Rage quitting increased exponentially with the release of Anakin. He is a broken character, and quite frankly has ruined the game. Until they fix Anakin, rage quitting will continue be a problem. If you have one character that much stronger then the rest, people will want to be him and quit if they are not, or others will just get sick of the person playing Anakin and then quit. You want to blame someone, then blame EA for the character that caused it. You punish players for quitting, then they will definitely just leave the game permenantly.
  • I will not hesitate to quit a match that my team can't possibly win. If ever a penalty were to be implemented that would not go over well with the average players. Since there is no real matchmaking being used we get stuck with nerds who play this all damn day in most rounds. That is not fun for a newer player so yes, expect people to quit one sided matches.

    There are plenty of ways this could be fixed but punishing players for a broken system is not the way.
  • Question for the OP

    I just quit a game and remembered this thread. I just rage quit a game and I ask you “what would you do?”

    I joined a game where the DS is losing 3 to 9 in HvV. The 4 light side players have over 30 kills, with the player using Anakin over 50 kills. The two DS players are single digits. Now we have three players on DS. After A couple minutes I figured out that the LS players are killing everybody except the target. The LS target is Anakin, and that player is clearly better than me. I can only assume they are trying to max their points during double point weekend.

    If you joined this game on the DS, you never have a full team (one of my teammates quit after I joined) and the LS players are complete and total ***** bags. Would you quit? Or just keep being cannon fodder for the jerks. I only stayed hoping I would be the target so I could suicide out of it.

    Sorry OP, I quit the game.
  • Batman20
    1776 posts Member
    I do think there should be some punishment but something minor like if you quit more than 3times in an hour you can't play HvV for an hour then. Although I do quit the occasional time myself which is why bans should only be given out to people who constantly quit
  • Phan816tom
    59 posts Member
    edited March 24
    I disagree, the person I played today, I will quit every time. If you are going to play like a *****, I am simply not going to play with or against you.
  • The target system is no good. It needs to be scrapped and we need hero blast.
  • When i bought game, there was no agreement for such penalties. So this will be strict violation of my rights. This is my choice to leave or not to leave (even tho i didn't leave even once, because exp is exp). If you don't like it, build your own team and play it. Your liberty ends where starts liberty of other person, when will you understand that?
  • xXCodexXx wrote: »
    MerovechI wrote: »
    Absolutely not. I bought the game and will come and go as I please and play it as I please as well.

    LMAO, I bought the game too, why should my experience be ruined by your incompetence to keep your rage under control?

    Incompetence on the part of DICE (for their refusal to fix very bad issues) and the bulk of the player base on PC is typically the reason I'll quit; And it's never in a rage. More often than not, I immediately search for a different lobby.
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    edited March 25
    xXCodexXx wrote: »
    brienj wrote: »
    xXCodexXx wrote: »
    I don't understand why this doesn't exist. Penalties in the form of matchmaking banning for short periods of time for example, need to be implemented ASAP. Just five minutes ago I was thrown into a match in HvV and as soon as the match started, 2 of my teammates quit. The funniest thing about it is that it happens mostly when I get to Anakin first.

    Anyway, I decided to stay in the match with the other teammate left, maybe wait around for someone to jump in. Cut to a minute later when my other teammate leaves. So i'm left to fight off 4 villains alone. I managed to hold them off for long enough, and just when I was about to lose with my last life, 3 people joined and we managed to turn a 1/10 into a 1/5.

    Even Rocket League punishes match quitters EXCEPT for when the score gets too high to combat.

    This stuff happens every day. Do something about it.

    I have been quitting a lot lately, but only because in certain games, it doesn't happen in all of them, I consistently keep getting the no-block glitch and other bugs, such as abilities not working. It will happen every time I spawn into certain games, and once I realize I have the problem, I quit. Would you rather someone affected by this stay in the game and be utterly useless to help the team, or would you rather they leave and hopefully someone else joins that isn't affected with the bugs?

    I have never heard of the no-block bug occurring without being first affected by Kylo's freeze, but even so, I highly doubt it happens so often that you would get punished for it.

    I have literally had some games where I am constantly glitched out, and there is nothing I can do about it. It has to be some server issue or something, IDK, but when it happens, I just quit, because there isn't anything I can do to fix it.
    Phan816tom wrote: »
    Rage quitting increased exponentially with the release of Anakin. He is a broken character, and quite frankly has ruined the game. Until they fix Anakin, rage quitting will continue be a problem. If you have one character that much stronger then the rest, people will want to be him and quit if they are not, or others will just get sick of the person playing Anakin and then quit. You want to blame someone, then blame EA for the character that caused it. You punish players for quitting, then they will definitely just leave the game permenantly.
    I have seen people quit on the LS team and let Anakin all alone, it's hilarious when it happens.
    Phan816tom wrote: »
    Question for the OP

    I just quit a game and remembered this thread. I just rage quit a game and I ask you “what would you do?”

    I joined a game where the DS is losing 3 to 9 in HvV. The 4 light side players have over 30 kills, with the player using Anakin over 50 kills. The two DS players are single digits. Now we have three players on DS. After A couple minutes I figured out that the LS players are killing everybody except the target. The LS target is Anakin, and that player is clearly better than me. I can only assume they are trying to max their points during double point weekend.

    If you joined this game on the DS, you never have a full team (one of my teammates quit after I joined) and the LS players are complete and total **** bags. Would you quit? Or just keep being cannon fodder for the jerks. I only stayed hoping I would be the target so I could suicide out of it.

    Sorry OP, I quit the game.
    This weekend I had a weird match of HvV that I couldn't figure out what was going on. I was the target forever, and their target was never killed, and I had to eventually start killing the other team's target myself, even though I was getting low on health after being attacked so many times, and being pushed and pulled around by the force users, because nobody could do it on my team, or so I thought. Later on in the match, I see Dooku on my team as the target, standing next to Obi Wan the target on the other team, just standing next to each other and not fighting. Also Darth Maul and Anakin were just standing around them too. They would just kill anyone that got near the targets. I figured out that people on both teams were working together to increase their XP during 2x XP event. I finally ended it though by meleeing Obi Wan to death with Boba, it was so funny, because he never expected an aggressive play from Boba, and that's how I usually play with him though, aggressive.
  • Speedjack wrote: »
    i don't know why people should be punish if we quit games. sometimes , we get disconnected from the server and sometimes we don't like the next map.

    Punishment for Cry Baby Quitting in the middle of the game, ABSOLUTELY! Getting disconnected from a server is not a quit, that is a technical problem that I'm sure can be tracked. Quitting because you don't like the next map is done after a match, NOT in the middle of it. So why would anyone be punished for that?
    There are maps I hate in H v V, like Geonisis, but I soldier through it if I didn't quit before the match. I've played on matches where I swear I was playing with village *****, but I soldiered on to get the XP points to level up my hero. I knew we were doomed, but having a crying fit and bailing says to me, this person shouldn't be on the server to begin with and there should be a consequence to that.
    I played a match where by the end I was the only one on my side and the opposing side was gracious enough to stand there and be killed by me eventhough they could have smoked me at anytime. Classy players they were. Then when they got bored they sliced and diced me. It was cool, I didn't mind it because they were decent folks about it.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • My only regret about that match was that we didn't take the opportunity to sabre duel each other without interruption.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Rage quitters? i get ur point, but what about people getting disconnected, or people who have to go.

    Many times i play, i am going to get dinner, and food is way more important than playing games, so when i leave, because i wanna get warm food, i have to get a penalty, but i get you.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!