criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Capital Supremacy?

Who's likes it? Who's giving it a try? Who's fed up and leaving?
Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
kui7ctmgyzll.png

Replies

• Who's likes it? Who's giving it a try? Who's fed up and leaving?

I Will try it but one map Will make the Mode stale quickly. Just like Extraction.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• I think I'll give it a shot. I'm just worried it might be a constant back-and-forth kind of deal based on the description. I'm hoping they implemented something to keep that from happening.

I Will try it but one map Will make the Mode stale quickly. Just like Extraction.

Agreed. I hope they have more maps on the way.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Remember when BF15 first came out and Walker Assault had only four maps?? Do you remember how appalled the community was over that? Even with just four maps people were claiming the mode was getting stale with 5 days. How do you think ONE single map on orange Geonosis is going to come across?
  • TheScape
    2236 posts Member
    I'll give it a try, but as others have said I have a feeling that it will get stale soon. I love SA and it feels like that with 6x the number of maps and 3x eras...
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Absolutely going to try it but one map is bad news.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Remember when BF15 first came out and Walker Assault had only four maps?? Do you remember how appalled the community was over that? Even with just four maps people were claiming the mode was getting stale with 5 days. How do you think ONE single map on orange Geonosis is going to come across?

Maybe this is just me, but those 4 maps were better than basically every Galactic Assault map in this game combined, save for maybe Death Star and Tatooine which I quite like. I feel like the maps in this game were made by people who have never made multiplayer maps before. I believe the first halves of Kasshyyk and Naboo and the middle sections of Endor exemplify this complaint most clearly. For just being long corridors, they somehow also manage to be incoherent mishmashes of random pathways, environmental clutter, and empty areas that no one ever even bothers to fight in because they are completely out of the way. I miss the Endor and Hoth maps in 2015, they were vastly superior.

It sounds fun. I am looking forward to it.
  • BucksawBoushh
    5118 posts Member
    edited March 22
    The issue is maps. I see my expectations are still too high with this development team. They’re so out of touch. Their justification is “people said the same about Ewok Hunt!” as if it’s a thriving mode. Smart dudes.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • camerog
    225 posts Member

why wouldnt we try it?
  • The issue is maps. I see my expectations are still too high with this development team. They’re so out of touch. Their justification is “people said the same about Ewok Hunt!” as if it’s a thriving mode. Smart dudes.

Right? I had low expectations but more than one map was a given... right? Guess not though.
  • camerog wrote: »

why wouldnt we try it?
    For some people this was the last straw and they're fed up with the game entirely. Definitely not my situation, but some people reeeeally don't like this game and want to walk away.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Oh I'll play. Look forward to a little bit of Star Wars. But then the lack of soul in the game , and lag compensation and connectivity issues will drive me through a wall and I will not return. Along with whatever game breaking bugs they introduce this time.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • I like it a lot on paper! but sadly it is only one map.
  • Are there infantry AI as well? Or only starfighters?
  • heroes are in it even though they have caused balance issues in GA sense launch and they have pandered to the casuals by adding bots instead of making it a real 32vs32 cause they were worried the chances of some people getting heroes would be diminished.

this mode wont save this game not even close it was dead the second they said it had heroes.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

• Are there infantry AI as well? Or only starfighters?

No starfighters, but there are infantry AI. Capital Supremacy will be 32v32, with 20 players and 12 AI on each side.
  • Oh. My. God. They added infantry AI....

6e5yj7t4vjmz.png
    kui7ctmgyzll.png

Maybe I'll finally kill something. :D

• camerog wrote: »

why wouldnt we try it?
    For some people this was the last straw and they're fed up with the game entirely. Definitely not my situation, but some people reeeeally don't like this game and want to walk away.

Seems like an odd decision to have bought the game, joined the forums and then not even try the new content.

Of course I'll be trying it. I'm looking forward to the new parts of Geonosis.
  • Unpopular opinion: I actually think this mode might be decent.

Although it doesn’t have ground to space, and yes I don’t like that it only launches on Geonosis, I still think it’ll be a nice change of pace. Also, I really like that there might be a back and forth game of tug of war to destroy the ships, I’ve always wanted a game mode that can last for longer than 15 minutes and I feel like this mode has the potential to last longer. I’m sure that they will make reinforcements for the other eras and spread the mode to other eras as well, but I think we should be grateful for the content that we even get. The devs get so much negativity... it’s sort of sad.

As disappointed and frustrated as I am about a number of things, I do agree with this. For what it is, it sounds like it will be fun. The problems simply arise in the fact that what it isn't still outweighs that. And the fact that this is all they have to show for how long they've been working on it. I guess we all just expected more

Although it doesn’t have ground to space, and yes I don’t like that it only launches on Geonosis, I still think it’ll be a nice change of pace. Also, I really like that there might be a back and forth game of tug of war to destroy the ships, I’ve always wanted a game mode that can last for longer than 15 minutes and I feel like this mode has the potential to last longer. I’m sure that they will make reinforcements for the other eras and spread the mode to other eras as well, but I think we should be grateful for the content that we even get. The devs get so much negativity... it’s sort of sad.

As disappointed and frustrated as I am about a number of things, I do agree with this. For what it is, it sounds like it will be fun. The problems simply arise in the fact that what it isn't still outweighs that. And the fact that this is all they have to show for how long they've been working on it. I guess we all just expected more
    We just had high hopes and they delivered something. Frankly, we should be grateful we get anything, but still hold them to a high standard.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png

We just had high hopes and they delivered something. Frankly, we should be grateful we get anything, but still hold them to a high standard.

DICE Stockholm syndrome at it's finest.

• Well we’re stuck with em, so what’re ya gonna do?
    kui7ctmgyzll.png

I agree. I mean, it's all free content. We aren't paying anything more than what we initially paid for. So it's a win.

I'm not saying this is a perfect game. Far from it. I can make a list right now off the top of my head of what's wrong with it, from poorly designed maps combined with a lack of player count, to unbalanced heroes and a clear focus on them, with a dollop of the same infantry weapons and cards since launch, and a tad of glitches and bugs. Those are overgeneral tid bits that I could expand upon nigh endlessly, but you know what? I'm not gonna waste my breath. Is there room for improvement? Without a shadow of a doubt. But the game isnt horrible. There are plenty of things that need fixing, but to make this into a perfect game, we'd basically need Battlefront 3. But any content that we dont have to pay for is welcomed.

Are there people at EA who are complete jerks that just want to make some money and milk this project? Absolutely. Are there nimrods who dont know what they're doing? Definitely. But there are also people working hard to make this game better. So take a second to think on that. At this point, they really dont owe us ****. They aren't probably going to make a BF3 with the lasting effects of BF2, so they're stuck with updating this one. If anything, "Lucas Games" I think it was called his being revived and might take their own shot at Battlefront, although I'd like to have a new Force Unleashed-esque game and have them take a break from the current formula.

You can say that Capital Supremacy is basically Supremacy x Death Star from Battlefront 1, and that it's lazy to add AI infantr, has only one map that has been (from what we can imagine) made and done, does not actually have ground to air like OG BF2 did, and vehicles still aren't enterable. Or, you can think that we are getting a new game mode with a new look at a gorgeous map, with new reinforcements, an homage to an OG BF2 gamemode but with it's own unique take, with increased allies and enemies to make combat even more chaotic. It's all a matter of perspective.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • greedo1980
    713 posts Member
    edited March 22
    It really is abysmal.

They have the Star Wars license - a license to print money - and are completely snookered to deliver enough content to meet demand because they blew it with loot boxe gate.