criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

What’s up with the „Clown Wars“ hate?

Prev13
CC_1010
2103 posts Member
Why is everyone hating on TCW and the prequels? I like the content they are releasing, only bad thing is that it’s at a really slow pace.
We have so much OG content plus bf 1. I think it’s Ok if we get more CW content for a while.
Now with season 7 coming in it’s also a great time to have a game that has lots of clone wars content(content being added).
And the thing is that we haven’t even got that much CW content. The OG still has more maps and heroes.

Replies

• Always the same argument, that's because people hate Clown Worst.
  • This is gonna be good.
  • RyanK388
    1830 posts Member
    It’s mostly disgruntled complaining about the lack of efficiency in developing content because of things that were promised and the things that were delivered don’t exactly, match.
    But I’m not complaining I’m just watching
  • Batman20
    1977 posts Member
    edited March 24
    Probably because loads of people hate anakin so they hate the clone wars seasons for bringing him Into the game. I love the clone wars content we have got but if we ever get abither season it should be something else
  • Lord_Tyrannus
    817 posts Member
    edited March 24
    It would be cool if the first order era would get more content. I hope they will not add more heros.We have already enough.And don't need Jetpack heros or lightsaber heros!!
  • unit900000
    3466 posts Member
    edited March 24
    some of it is just ignorance another part is people just being annoyed by how cringe some clone wars fans are and the devs releasing to much clone wars content (Ahsoka and ventress has been rumored for a while so thats even more clone wars as well though I hope its rebels Ahsoka)
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • GranularAni9
    277 posts Member
    edited March 25
    I think Clone Wars is fine. I think there’s a bit of a backlash now because it’s been 9 months and it’s clear that the amount of content in this game is going to be limited. So there’s a cry to get them to make new content from other eras before they put this game to bed (likely around Episode 9 this December).

Also, the last two content drops have been problematic. Anakin is insanely overpowered and his defenders seem to be mostly clone wars fanboys who want him to be overpowered because it’s canon (I guess?). And then this new mode that they’ve been building up forever turns out to be Clone Wars only, to the extent that it limits any content from any other eras, with no hint or promise at other eras added later.

There is no backlash against Clone Wars content. People are mad about no new maps or weapons being released in 9 months. These forums are the only place where people bash Clone Wars content. Its the same people, a "loud minority." It is almost too noticeable.

I don't post much, but I do read ALOT. There are wayyy too many deja vu styled replies to anything regarding CW
    Post edited by GranularAni9 on
    For the Rebellion!
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Why is everyone hating on TCW and the prequels? I like the content they are releasing, only bad thing is that it’s at a really slow pace.
    We have so much OG content plus bf 1. I think it’s Ok if we get more CW content for a while.
    Now with season 7 coming in it’s also a great time to have a game that has lots of clone wars content(content being added).
    And the thing is that we haven’t even got that much CW content. The OG still has more maps and heroes.

Good on you OP for revealing this issue in the community.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • I don't have an issue with CW content. I enjoyed it in the OGs. My issue is how They've basically added nothing new to the game for the CW season. A couple CW heroes and a game mode with only one map. Disappointing to say the least. Should've added more weapons and more game modes.
    My name is Bob

• I love the prequels and am a fan of the clone wars, I just dislike that they’re mixing the two together and the content is mainly from the show and straying away from the movies.
  • lowell
    1566 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Hardly anyone is "hating" on anything (if just silly nicknames are hating, then maybe the internet isn't for you) people hate how long we've been getting one type of new content. We've been getting the same theme for 10 months now.

Doesn't help that many CW fans get militant over content not being CW, the reaction to the Solo season is a prime example. Them also prioritizing nonissues like the appearance of the clone officer and the appearance of the clone skins over genuine issues with this game is also annoying. At the height of the Ping site issue, CW cans were more concerned with how the skins that came out at the time looked and became militant over a blurry droideka in a piece of promotional material. The weapons designer actually took significant time to "fix" all the clone skins while people who wanted more weapons got nothing. We also couldn't have ANH Han or Old Ben due to "oversaturation" but like a month later 80 clone skins get released.

The CW pandering and getting blind appraise from the reddit is extremely problematic, the game is getting worse with every update but since it's CW related the Reddit applauds it. Prior to the February update stuns were an issue everyone was talking about, people wanted them removed or significantly nerfed, which now we have the stun immunity for. But then a new reinforcement is announced and it has as stun as well as wallhacks (another ability that was already in the game that many didn't like) but since they were things from the CW it gets blind appraise. The game gets worse with more bugs and glitches but those don't ever get fixed because the developers just put some CW related stuff out there and the patch is considered good. The Geonosis patch is a prime example, it was one of the worst patches for this game (BP glitch, Grievous turning into a button mashing mess in HvV, melee got more glitchy) but since it brought Geonosis and Obi Wan all those issues just got the blind eye.

"We have so much OG content plus bf 1. I think it’s Ok if we get more CW content for a while."
    It's been awhile, almost 10 months, time for something else

"Now with season 7 coming in it’s also a great time to have a game that has lots of clone wars content(content being added)."

It is also the 20th anniversary of The Phantom Menace, Episode 9 comes out this year, Rogue 1, in particular, is still pretty underrepresented despite being one of the most war centered SW film, Mandalorian is set to come out this year, and there is always the Old Republic Era they could dip into, there is no need to stay on one theme for almost a year.

With the Old Republic era, we don't have much content until probably either Rian Johnson's or Benioff and Weiss's trilogies that will be filmed post-Episode IX. The Mandalorian, considering Jon Favreau was voicing a Mandalorian in TCW (Death Watch leader Pre Vizsla) and Dave Filoni, also working on it, will likely be tied with the Mandalore arcs built up in both TCW and Rebels (Material to catch up on for those who will watch The Mandalorian on Disney+, Season 7 might be available before Mandalorian drops to understand more about Mandalorian culture in canon overall, especially with focusing on a certain Dark Lord's reign over the people and the planet during the Clone Wars). I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Siege of Mandalore map from TCW Season 7. If we're getting Rogue One, the devs need to throw in Rebels content also after it since those two have overlaps in the formation of the Alliance. With The Phantom Menace, a lot of characters we haven't got yet have shown up primarily in AOTC and TCW (Qui-Gon force ghost on Mortis, Aurra Sing, Captain Tarpals (died in TCW), Quinlan Vos (Dark Disciple explores him deeper with the help of lover Ventress). If they package TPM 20th anniversary content together with TCW content, I won't mind because I'm craving more PT era content, especially introducing TCW to fans who haven't been deeply driven into its darker events yet. The story criticisms from the films are paid off as TCW expands them in a retainable way.
  • lowell
    1566 posts Member
    edited March 25
    Hardly anyone is "hating" on anything (if just silly nicknames are hating, then maybe the internet isn't for you) people hate how long we've been getting one type of new content. We've been getting the same theme for 10 months now.

Doesn't help that many CW fans get militant over content not being CW, the reaction to the Solo season is a prime example. Them also prioritizing nonissues like the appearance of the clone officer and the appearance of the clone skins over genuine issues with this game is also annoying. At the height of the Ping site issue, CW cans were more concerned with how the skins that came out at the time looked and became militant over a blurry droideka in a piece of promotional material. The weapons designer actually took significant time to "fix" all the clone skins while people who wanted more weapons got nothing. We also couldn't have ANH Han or Old Ben due to "oversaturation" but like a month later 80 clone skins get released.

The CW pandering and getting blind appraise from the reddit is extremely problematic, the game is getting worse with every update but since it's CW related the Reddit applauds it. Prior to the February update stuns were an issue everyone was talking about, people wanted them removed or significantly nerfed, which now we have the stun immunity for. But then a new reinforcement is announced and it has as stun as well as wallhacks (another ability that was already in the game that many didn't like) but since they were things from the CW it gets blind appraise. The game gets worse with more bugs and glitches but those don't ever get fixed because the developers just put some CW related stuff out there and the patch is considered good. The Geonosis patch is a prime example, it was one of the worst patches for this game (BP glitch, Grievous turning into a button mashing mess in HvV, melee got more glitchy) but since it brought Geonosis and Obi Wan all those issues just got the blind eye.

"We have so much OG content plus bf 1. I think it’s Ok if we get more CW content for a while."

"Now with season 7 coming in it’s also a great time to have a game that has lots of clone wars content(content being added)."

It is also the 20th anniversary of The Phantom Menace, Episode 9 comes out this year, Rogue 1, in particular, is still pretty underrepresented despite being one of the most war centered SW film, Mandalorian is set to come out this year, and there is always the Old Republic Era they could dip into, there is no need to stay on one theme for almost a year.

With TPM 20th anniversary content, I'm fine with bundling it TCW content because there are unique characters appearing in both of them (Qui-Gon's force ghost on Mortis, Captain Tarpals (died in TCW), Aurra Sing, Quinlan Vos (Dark Disciple fills out more on character development along with Ventress love story)). I'm just hoping we get as much PT era content as possible, especially with TCW which fills out a lot of the story criticisms from the films themselves. With the Mandalorian, considering Jon Favreau voiced a Mandalorian in TCW (Death Watch leader Pre Vizsla) and Dave Filoni also working on it, there will be build-up on Mandalorian lore established in TCW and Rebels (Mandalorian could debut after TCW Season 7 is on Disney+ so fans not introduced to Mandalorian culture in canon might want to catch up on it in TCW and Rebels, especially a certain Dark Lord's reign on the planet Mandalore and its people's struggle in the Clone Wars). I think we are likely getting a Siege of Mandalore map in this game. With the Old Republic era, we're not getting a lot of significant stuff in canon until either Rian Johnson's or Benioff and Weiss's trilogies filmed after Episode IX. With Rogue One, if we're getting it, the devs need to pack Rebels content also after it due to the overlap between the two on the formation of the Alliance. Everybody get ready for the news flood at Celebration Chicago!
  • Versatti
    2157 posts Member
    Having months of content for any single era would cause the exact same frustrations. In an ideal world each era should have the same level of content.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    I wouldn't say its hate - I actually like the PT, was brought up with it. I just think one era getting attention completely isn't great, when Rogue One could be used but is pretty much not represented at all (with the exception of Death Troopers and U Wing). Could still add some elements of ST too.

Also, for those saying OT fans are toxic, do the name calling etc, I have saw plenty of the opposite too. Both can be as bad as each other. PT fans just seem to try to adopt the 'holier than thou' attitude after.

Couldn't have said better myself :+1:
    CC_1010 wrote: »

Please no old republic in this game.... I actually like my „non old republic experiance“.:)
    And rouge one? Is basically OT. Only thing that could be added are some weapons, maps and some heroes.But they could be really nice.

Why can't there be the Old Republic in this game? Bit hypocritical to say they should add more CW stuff because you like it despite some not liking it but say they shouldn't add Old Republic because you personally don't like it.

What's wrong with Rogue 1? It's a very war-centric movie that has a lot of potential for a battlefront game.

I like rogue one content. But I don’t think the old republic has a place in this game AT ALL.
    It just doesn’t fit imo. I don’t want to see Revan and Malgus this. It’s just a personal opinion.

0% chance it happens anyways. I hope they can start releasing more skins, maps, ect now that their main project is finished.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • SnakeMajin
    453 posts Member
    edited March 25
    Despite CW is favorite era, I feel after this update the number one priority should be Rogue One. It's a film after all. Here is how I feel the wheel should turn. The point is to bring everyone content :

1) Rogue One update in April/May :
    - Scarif in CS. It was a huge battle that involved skirmishes everywhere and ship boarding after all.
    - Jyn and Krennic.
    - OT Infiltrators, skins.

2) All-era main cast omissions update in June/July/August :
    - ST skins for OT heroes.
    - OT skins for PT heroes. OT blatant omission skins for OT.
    - Windu and Jango for PT.
    - To make CS live and part of the All-era theme : CS Coruscant. It was the capital in OT after all and all factions would be interested in it. So we would have 3 eras to play this map.
    - Skins for all factions. A selecter of others skins as a way for some to have more immersion while others have even more customization and for example are free to wear Stormtrooper skins that we don't have right now.

3) September/October/November TCW Revival update : I really feel Ahsoka and Ventress would be enough. An OT skin for Ahsoka. We already have a TCW battle in Kamino. But since there are files about Padmé, then maybe Padmé and Cad Bane. I'd rather have a CS Utapau if a map had to come. The most important Ground battle in Ep.3.

4) Endgame in December/January/February with Episode 9 content : CS map, 2 heroes, skins. A smaller map.
    ST infiltrators.

I feel all eras would be fine that way. To get more CW content, we need this game to survive. To get this game to survive, we need content for all eras.
    Post edited by SnakeMajin on

Please no old republic in this game.... I actually like my „non old republic experiance“.:)
    And rouge one? Is basically OT. Only thing that could be added are some weapons, maps and some heroes.But they could be really nice.

“Only” some weapons, maps and heroes? You could make an entire Battlefront game based solely off of Rogue One.

loool... grandpa with dentist clothes versus social justice warrior jyn erso aka. just another rebel girl i mean shes thicc but thats pretty much it. and two cool maps. wow. great game almost as much content as this battlefront game
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

Why can't there be the Old Republic in this game? Bit hypocritical to say they should add more CW stuff because you like it despite some not liking it but say they shouldn't add Old Republic because you personally don't like it.

What's wrong with Rogue 1? It's a very war-centric movie that has a lot of potential for a battlefront game.

The thing is that Rogue One is just a spinoff movie. The main films should have priority over anything else. And Old Republic is a whole new era and they obviously don't have the recourses for it and didn't advertise it. It deserves its own game anyways.

lets see if the new trilogy will be old republic. could be a battlefront-like old republic game incoming
  • jordi1337 wrote: »

The thing is that Rogue One is just a spinoff movie. The main films should have priority over anything else. And Old Republic is a whole new era and they obviously don't have the recourses for it and didn't advertise it. It deserves its own game anyways.

lets see if the new trilogy will be old republic. could be a battlefront-like old republic game incoming

That would be absolutely amazing, the era has unlimited potential. I would love a Jedi Academy type of game but a Battlefront-like game is very welcome.
  • GranularAni9
    277 posts Member
    edited March 25

There can be Old Republic content in the game, that's up to us the fans, If we want it, more people will ask for it.

It isn't hypocritical to add CW stuff, it is what the fans have asked for the most. "I" don't want it, "We" want it.

Nothing is wrong with Rogue One, nobody said that it won't be added. Ironically, only overly dramatic OT fans make it seem like RO stuff won't be added.
    For the Rebellion!
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Rogue One is the best Star Wars movie disney has released.

Sad, but true.

kui7ctmgyzll.png

Sad, but true.

Why sad? it's a great movie

Sad, but true.

Why sad? it's a great movie

Sad that a spinoff is better than the new trilogy.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • GranularAni9
    277 posts Member
    edited March 25
    bfloo wrote: »

It is the only StarWars film that I've ever fell asleep on while watching in theaters.

The Space Battle and Vader Hallway scene are the only parts I remember.

Fun fact, Saw Garrera in Rogue One is a Cartoon character created in the Clone Wars tv show.
    For the Rebellion!
  • CC_1010
    2103 posts Member

It is the only StarWars film that I've ever fell asleep on while watching in theaters.

This. I actually liked it. But I also fell asleep while watching it in theater. Only like 5-8 minutes but still.
  • ZephanUnbound
    3046 posts Member
    edited March 25
    First off, as a fan of pretty much everything Star Wars (except for episode 8) I feel like content from basically all Star Wars media should have a place in the game personally. Main series movies, spinoff movies, Clone Wars, Rebels, Old Republic, etc. I personally find it silly to say that content from any particular piece of Star Wars media doesn't belong in the game.

However, that being said, the main series should take clear precedence over spinoffs like Rogue One imo. I love Rogue One, it is the best of the 4 Disney Star Wars movies so far imo by a pretty fair margin, but to say that it's time to add Rogue One content when we still have major main series content from the PT missing like Mace, Qui-Gon, Padme, Jango, PT era hero ships, Coruscant, Mustafar, and Utapau, is kind of silly imo. OT era is already very well represented with more heroes, maps, and hero ships than any other era by a pretty large margin.

We should also take into account DICE's policy of tying content in the game to major new releases or Anniversary events. Rogue One already had it's heyday in Battlefront 2015. This year is the 20th anniversary of Episode 1, and we are getting Episode 9, The Mandalorian, and Clone Wars season 7 this year, it makes the most sense for DICE to focus any new content around those events.
    Post edited by ZephanUnbound on

This. I actually liked it. But I also fell asleep while watching it in theater. Only like 5-8 minutes but still.

Lol
    For the Rebellion!
  • DarthJ
    6687 posts Member

However, that being said, the main series should take clear precedent over spinoffs like Rogue One imo. I love Rogue One, it is the best of the 4 Disney Star Wars movies so far imo by a pretty fair margin, but to say that it's time to add Rogue One content when we still have major main series content from the PT missing like Mace, Qui-Gon, Padme, Jango, PT era hero ships, Coruscant, Mustafar, and Utapau, is kind of silly imo. OT era is already very well represented with more heroes, maps, and hero ships than any other era by a pretty large margin.

We should also take into account DICE's policy of tying content in the game to major new releases or Anniversary events. Rogue One already had it's heyday in Battlefront 2015. This year is the 20th anniversary of Episode 1, and we are getting Episode 9, The Mandalorian, and Clone Wars season 7 this year, it makes the most sense for DICE to focus any new content around those events.

Fair enough with the episode 1 anniversary (could have done skins and Padme hero, but it won't happen) and episode 9 (likely to get something small to tie in) but surely with what you said, the main saga should take precedence over anything else - so that would include The Mandalorian and CW season 7, no?
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • ZephanUnbound
    3046 posts Member
    edited March 25
    DarthJ wrote: »

However, that being said, the main series should take clear precedent over spinoffs like Rogue One imo. I love Rogue One, it is the best of the 4 Disney Star Wars movies so far imo by a pretty fair margin, but to say that it's time to add Rogue One content when we still have major main series content from the PT missing like Mace, Qui-Gon, Padme, Jango, PT era hero ships, Coruscant, Mustafar, and Utapau, is kind of silly imo. OT era is already very well represented with more heroes, maps, and hero ships than any other era by a pretty large margin.

Fair enough with the episode 1 anniversary (could have done skins and Padme hero, but it won't happen) and episode 9 (likely to get something small to tie in) but surely with what you said, the main saga should take precedence over anything else - so that would include The Mandalorian and CW season 7, no?

The Mandalorian and Clone Wars season 7 are looking like late year drops (Disney+ is aiming for a September release). So, I would hope that DICE would be able to get caught up on the missing PT content before then, they have like 5 months before Disney+ is likely to release alongside The Mandalorian and Clone Wars season 7. That should be enough time to add at least 2 more PT heroes and 2 more PT maps I would hope, that is of course if the BF2 DLC team stays the same size or grows bigger now that BFV BR mode is finally out (DICE has been rushing to get it done, which got some people pulled from BF2 DLC team supposedly). However, since The Mandalorian CW season 7, and Episode 9 are all 3 looking like they'll release in a 4 month period, DICE may not be able to add content from all 3. Ahsoka and Ventress for CW season 7 are looking likely at least, DICE has hinted at them numerous times. I would imagine that an Episode 9 DLC is mandated by Disney much like Solo and Episode 8 were. So The Mandalorian might be the one to get shafted with no content based on it, for Battlefront 2 at least. There is always the possibility of a Battlefront 3 in the future though.