criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Community Transmission - Lightsaber Combat

245

Replies

  • General Grievous seems a bit unbalanced. Please improve his abilities. And he needs to deal more damage imo. Look at his deflect numbers. Too low.

    His blaster deflection capabilities have been low since he was released, I don't think they changed them at all with this update. If you think about it, it makes sense from a canon perspective, he is not a Jedi or Sith, he can't use the force and you need the force to be able to predict where a blaster shot will be and deflect it. His saber deflection abilities are also the same as always, it has always been 10 saber deflects for him.

    The change in this update comes in his stamina regen and stamina delay. Before the update, his stamina regen delay was 1 second and his stamina regen speed was 50% per second. However, in this update, the delay has been changed to 2 seconds and the regen speed to 33% per second. So before it took 3 seconds to regen full stamina with grievous, now it will take 5 seconds. However, if you think about it, defensively speaking, he can always use Unrelenting Advance to block saber attacks during the 5 seconds while he is waiting on stamina regen, since Unrelenting Advance blocks all frontal saber damage. Unfortunately, his unrelenting advance will still be able to be interrupted with ragdoll powers like push and pull.
  • Do we still have the auto lock/ auto move mechanic that no one likes?
  • I approve this update! Good work!
    tv03e51kyxoq.png
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Based on the values and my reading comprehension skills (I could be reading this wrongly), attackers will lose stamina more slowly than defenders. If an opponent has used up force abilities, seems like no drawback to spamming lightsaber attack as they can't block as long as you can attack.

    No i think you read it wrong......it's pretty well mixed. The first column is how much you lose from attacking, 3rd column is how much you lose from blocking lightsabers. I'm a little worried about the 2nd column. It's really high meaning we won't be able to block blaster fire for long with a lot of characters, I guess well have to wait and see.....especially if it's each bullet you lose like 46 stamina or whatever. Seems they fixed it so Obiwan can't block for as long.
    Seems like some won't be able to block for long or block blaster fire for a while.
    F8RGE wrote: »

    HERO STAMINA BREAKDOWN
    q1aragk604n2.png

  • With Grievous's more damge star card too... The stamina refresh will be like 6 seconds? I think Grievous needs buff now.

    @F8RGE
  • I can live without a hero or fix for a while as long as MAPS MAPS AND MORE MAPS are added. Pathetic new mode only has one map, will probobly have second and final map dropped in a years time.
  • With Grievous's more damge star card too... The stamina refresh will be like 6 seconds? I think Grievous needs buff now.

    @F8RGE

    His ability refresh really fast, you just have to use it when you're out of stamina and you will go back in fight really fast.
  • il96
    578 posts Member
    With Grievous's more damge star card too... The stamina refresh will be like 6 seconds? I think Grievous needs buff now.

    @F8RGE

    Dont use that card then
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • crssquared wrote: »
    Or make a HvsV variant where no blasters / ranged are involved. Tired of getting into a good duel then having some ranged player interrupt it.

    Sick of that, too. TF2 has duels within team matches and it works out fine. They need this, where the two get some amnesty. If it's hero blast, then the duel still can count towards the team's score.
  • Wigclyne wrote: »
    I can live without a hero or fix for a while as long as MAPS MAPS AND MORE MAPS are added. Pathetic new mode only has one map, will probobly have second and final map dropped in a years time.

    Nah, they have more maps coming for it, but they can't mention them until their fiscal period has ended. You'll hear more in April.
  • q1aragk604n2.png

    So it looks like Rey, Obi, Kylo, and Dooku will be the best duelists out of the group based on their numbers (without taking abilities into account).
  • With Grievous's more damge star card too... The stamina refresh will be like 6 seconds? I think Grievous needs buff now.

    @F8RGE

    Not quite. The card causes him to use more stamina each time he attacks, 30% more stamina as I recall. So instead of being able to use 12 melee attacks before running out of stamina, he will be able to use 9 before running out with the card equipped. In other words, with the card equipped, he won't be able to fully deplete a blocking hero's stamina, since every hero will be able to block 10 or more saber attacks after this update, but he will be able to do 160 damage per swing to enemies who aren't blocking or can't block (blaster heroes).
  • q1aragk604n2.png

    I find it a bit strange that 1 on 1, no hero has enough offensive stamina to break Kylo's, Dooku's, or Vader's defensive stamina...

    while on the flip side only Obi can outlast all villains with his defensive stamina
  • I cant see any mention about blocking when knocked down bug and blocking from behind (lightsaber and force powers) i just hope those are in the patch and are just not mentioned in notes. Its the first thing i am going to test
  • what is palps lightning in terms of stamina numbers?
  • crssquared wrote: »
    Or make a HvsV variant where no blasters / ranged are involved. Tired of getting into a good duel then having some ranged player interrupt it.

    Sick of that, too. TF2 has duels within team matches and it works out fine. They need this, where the two get some amnesty. If it's hero blast, then the duel still can count towards the team's score.
    TF2 this ain't.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • One of the main issues they didn't seem to correct was how quickly characters can transition from block to attack. Before they had stagger, which would give players a window to attack a player that had been perfectly blocked; however, the issue was that it would knock people backwards out of range so you couldn't hit them. I agree this needed to be removed or changed. Seems though they weren't too aware of all lightsaber combat problems..... especially not what would happen when you don't have a window of opportunity to attack back when blocking.

    Grievous already has this issue with his lightsaber attack. Right now if you try to take on Grievous 1v1 with any jedi character and you don't use any special attacks you'll still lose because grievous has more stamina than every jedi and most importantlyGRIEVOUS can continuously attack you without a stagger right now, even before this update. He can constantly hit you, until you run out of stamina. He doesn't present a window of opportunity to hit him back without being hit yourself. In addition he has a much higher stamina pool than every jedi. So as there is no window of opportunity and he has drastically more stamina than every jedi....except when rey uses insight to gain infinite stamina. The only option you have to stop grievous is to instead rely mostly on your abilities and only attack his with lightsaber sparingly, which really kills the lightsaber combat in the game. I hope they sped up the animations so you can still block, attack, block, attack consecutively without getting hit.........it doesn't seem to be the case though.





    I'll have to wait and see how this plays out, but I don't think this is going to improve a whole lot. Maybe maul will get better because he seems to have a block now.
  • Arctic505
    5 posts Member
    edited March 25
    I'm so glad that this is happening but I cant believe it's taken you guys this long to do this
  • Soooo... @F8RGE and/or @EA_Charlemagne does Maul have a block and does Yoda have a saber block now? It seems everyone's viciously curious about this.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Wnen you run out of stamina, you can no longer attack

    Oh, wow. Just wow. Am I the only one who thinks this is insane? What was wrong with stamina before?! It was fine when you could no longer lunge or track when out of stamina. At least you could dash and still strike with no stamina. Being completely unable to attack or block is completely unacceptable.

    ...So Grievous and Vader got nerfed into the ground? The only two villains who hit as hard as Anakin?

    With his Sith Trained card equipped, Grievous' attacks drain 40% more stamina. We all know that this means he runs out of stamina the quickest, so he'll be the worst for attacking a block. Once he runs out of stamina he'll be a sitting duck. Also, his block against blasters drains the quickest by miles. He'll be trash tier in HvV after this patch.

    Vader will also suffer. He can only strike 8 times with his stamina, and Furious Resilience will no longer grant him unlimited stamina, only 50% more. And with his stamina recharging the slowest it will take an age for him to be able to attack again after striking a block.

    I'm truly in disbelief tbh.

    Yes, it is absolutely insane. Not sure why they made this change. We only needed the saber stun and lock removed.

    There are so many amazing StarWars Jedi games for them to take notes from, but nope, they just keep throwing spaghetti at the wall.
    For the Rebellion!
  • ZephanUnbound
    3077 posts Member
    edited March 25
    awakespace wrote: »
    q1aragk604n2.png

    I find it a bit strange that 1 on 1, no hero has enough offensive stamina to break Kylo's, Dooku's, or Vader's defensive stamina...

    while on the flip side only Obi can outlast all villains with his defensive stamina

    Rey will be able to fully deplete all 3 (except for Dooku while he is using his defensive stamina star card), her insight halves her stamina usage while attacking, allowing her to do 20 attacks I believe.

    3 saber heroes have offensive stamina star cards as well; Luke, Yoda, and Rey each have a star card that reduces stamina usage while attacking. I believe that even with the card Luke still won't be able to fully deplete a blockers stamina under normal circumstances (though he can also use his rushes to remove some stamina). Yoda will be able to do 15 attacks with his offensive stamina card I believe. Rey will be able to 12 with her stamina starcard, which coupled with her 50% stamina reduction during insight will be enough to do 24 attacks before running out of stamina.
  • CobraKaiSenpai
    232 posts Member
    edited March 25
    Koldvar wrote: »
    YEEEEESSSS

    How much deflection spread should Donald have with that block he's holding?
  • @F8RGE please reconsider those scales for anakin. its beyond unfair having him 165 max dmg per swing while other heroes have max 120
    he has 1000 hp and high mobility while there clunky heroes like grievous rocking 800 hp?
    he has two game breaking cc abilities that just take out the fun in this nice game.
    retribution is beyond broken and is literally not fun.

    please remove it or atleast reconsider these suggestions

    1000 hp ---> 800 hp WITH max star cards
    170 dmg per swing --> 140 dmg per swing with star cards
    retribution remove it or make dmg from 400 to 150-200 and duration 2 sec with a charge time of 0.5 sec
    passionate strke shouldnt knock down
    heroic might needs a strong dmg nerf to 200 dmg max cap+


    really he is way too strong and giving him these traits would make him still decent on GA and CS

    please he destroys the fun in this game, i really dont want to play as DS anymore with him in the game.

    THIS.

    ANAKIN & MAUL HAVING NO BLOCK IS LITERALLY THE ONLY MAJOR ISSUE AT THIS POINT.
    Make Maul great again.
  • MC_XIX
    2081 posts Member
    Deckard112 wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Wnen you run out of stamina, you can no longer attack

    Oh, wow. Just wow. Am I the only one who thinks this is insane? What was wrong with stamina before?! It was fine when you could no longer lunge or track when out of stamina. At least you could dash and still strike with no stamina. Being completely unable to attack or block is completely unacceptable.

    ...So Grievous and Vader got nerfed into the ground? The only two villains who hit as hard as Anakin?

    With his Sith Trained card equipped, Grievous' attacks drain 40% more stamina. We all know that this means he runs out of stamina the quickest, so he'll be the worst for attacking a block. Once he runs out of stamina he'll be a sitting duck. Also, his block against blasters drains the quickest by miles. He'll be trash tier in HvV after this patch.

    Vader will also suffer. He can only strike 8 times with his stamina, and Furious Resilience will no longer grant him unlimited stamina, only 50% more. And with his stamina recharging the slowest it will take an age for him to be able to attack again after striking a block.

    I'm truly in disbelief tbh.

    I find that stamina approach way better. Saber combat is a spam fest basically, it will make fights way more tactical.

    Yeah, but Grievous & Vader are at a huge disadvantage in duels. They don't even have the most health.
  • Loving these changes, lightsaber combat will be totally revamped, thank you for the Luke and Maul damage buff, I still feel that Luke’s and Mauls abilities should deal a touch more damage but if they got rid of the ground blocking that’ll chamge the game for the better regardless.
  • WoodydaCuakB
    1033 posts Member
    edited March 26
    Attack and defend stamina keep tracked separately?
    Ok, so from the following data, and doing an hypothetical confrontation....

    General Grievous
    Melee Attacks: 12
    Melee Deflect Amount: 10

    Rey
    Melee Attacks: 10
    Melee Deflect Amount: 14

    1- GG is attacking Rey, Rey is blocking. GG lands his 12 attacks, Rey can deflect 14, so she has "2" left
    2- GG has no more attacking stamina, does he have Deflect stamina?
    2- How many melee attacks Rey has? 10 melee attacks? Or probably just one or two left? As she consumed 12 out of 14 from blocking. Some quick math? 2 out of 14 is 14%, meaning she has 1.4 melee attacks left in stamina pool? :neutral:

    :confused:
  • Exen44 wrote: »
    Stop complaining about Anakin. Seriously. The people who complain about Anakin are the same people who play blaster heroes like Lando who has a ridiculous stun range, roll back out of your swing and tank your health by shooting you point blank in the face until you go from 700 HP to 50 HP. But that's COMPLETELY fine.

    Anakin isn't that OP. The only reason you want to nerf him is because he threatens your style of gameplay. AKA, blaster heroes only in HvV, roll back, spam stun and shoot. But if you know what you're doing, you can easily kill Anakin with heroes like Grievous, Vader, Kylo, Dooku -- even Palpatine if you're lucky. I say this from experience. So when you say he's 'OP', you mean he's OP against blaster heroes. Which isn't even a problem. Because there needs to be a balancing force that deals with people like that.

    Also, he's the CHOSEN ONE. As in, a being with untapped potential until he got nerfed into Vader on Mustafar when he got all his limbs severed and burned alive. He's supposed to be powerful. But he's far from unkillable.

    TL;DR, he doesn't need nerfing, and if anything heroes like Lando's stun do.

    The End.

    Although i do agree with what you said about lando this isnt true i'm a lightsaber main. Been playing since day 1 and i know the mechanics well.

    This is where you misunderstand. Yes he can be killed. This does not mean balance.

    The problem is with his 360° AOE abilities. You cannot sucessfully block retribution intentionally because it has no animation time before the activation so when you engage anakin you cannot even lower your block to attack him because he can just press 1 button and end you. If you arent already dead to choking/ blaster fire then he will just pull you and passionate strike you without giving the victim a chance to dodge or block in between. This is completely unnaceptabe im so suprised devs overlooked this.

    Heroic might is another problem in itself because of the damage and radius. All an anakin player has to do os jump in the middle of an enemy team amd allow a couple people to shoot you then boom push 1 button, team destroyed. This one is a little better because a lot of people know not to attack during the animation now but theres always 1 or 2 who will get their entire team killed including villans.

    Simply because "he is the chosen one" or "he can be killed" is not a good enough argument.
  • Some of you actually think they added a blocking feature for Maul and Yoda when they didn't specifically say it in the lightsaber rework CT or the update/patch notes. :D

    I understand your desperation to get these blocks, but I can not wait for them to confirm there's no block and that the data was just default values in their lightsaber chart.

    The fact that the CMs are allowing some of you to believe they added a block for this long without addressing it is mean (and kind of hilarious).

    If it turns out they added a block to Yoda and Maul they did their job extremely poor by not mentioning/advertising a HUMONGOUS ask from the community in the patch notes for those characters. They should/would be shouting this from the rooftops if they did add it.
  • I understand your desperation to get these blocks, but I can not wait for them to confirm there's no block and that the data was just default values in their lightsaber chart.

    The fact that the CMs are allowing some of you to believe they added a block for this long without addressing it is mean (and kind of hilarious).

    If it turns out they added a block to Yoda and Maul they did their job extremely poor by not mentioning/advertising a HUMONGOUS ask from the community in the patch notes for those characters. They should/would be shouting this from the rooftops if they did add it.
  • I like that you have finally brought in stamina for blocking. Too many times a hero can withstand a barrage of strikes and remain standing because there was no stamina cost to defense.

    The damage between Anakin and Vader should be the same since they ARE the same person after all.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Anaki nerf now!!

    No.
  • Zinjo2017 wrote: »
    I like that you have finally brought in stamina for blocking. Too many times a hero can withstand a barrage of strikes and remain standing because there was no stamina cost to defense.

    The damage between Anakin and Vader should be the same since they ARE the same person after all.

    There has always been blocking stamina for sure. But it drains super slowly because of the staggering effect after hitting each block.
This discussion has been closed.