criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Galactic Supremacy is great!

Galactic Supremacy is great! AI works really well, capturing command posts are fun, as are taking down the ships. My only downside is the game lasts a very long time. Once your up on the ship it is your job to either defend or sabotage the ship, depending what side your on. Trouble is after you have done that it will put you back down on Geonosis where you gotta do the same thing all over again! And once you go back up to the ship for a second time, if you dont manage to sabotage the ship in time it will then put back on Geonosis for a third time! I ended up doing everything three times because of this! I did end up with a 35,000 score though, which is nice. Arc Trooper is fantastic, definitely my new favourite reinforcement. Good gamemode overall, and I'd recommend checking it out

Replies

• Galactic Supremacy is great! AI works really well, capturing command posts are fun, as are taking down the ships. My only downside is the game lasts a very long time. Once your up on the ship it is your job to either defend or sabotage the ship, depending what side your on. Trouble is after you have done that it will put you back down on Geonosis where you gotta do the same thing all over again! And once you go back up to the ship for a second time, if you dont manage to sabotage the ship in time it will then put back on Geonosis for a third time! I ended up doing everything three times because of this! I did end up with a 35,000 score though, which is nice. Arc Trooper is fantastic, definitely my new favourite reinforcement. Good gamemode overall, and I'd recommend checking it out

I like the idea of a long battle though!
  • This mode is trash, cutscenes and AI hurt this mode could've been way better

Helpful comment.

Lol I was jk tbh, haven't tried it yet.
  • Galactic Supremacy is great! AI works really well, capturing command posts are fun, as are taking down the ships. My only downside is the game lasts a very long time. Once your up on the ship it is your job to either defend or sabotage the ship, depending what side your on. Trouble is after you have done that it will put you back down on Geonosis where you gotta do the same thing all over again! And once you go back up to the ship for a second time, if you dont manage to sabotage the ship in time it will then put back on Geonosis for a third time! I ended up doing everything three times because of this! I did end up with a 35,000 score though, which is nice. Arc Trooper is fantastic, definitely my new favourite reinforcement. Good gamemode overall, and I'd recommend checking it out

I like the idea of a long battle though!

You'll probably love it then. I dont mind a long battle, but it ended up lasting about 40mins 😂
  • This mode is trash, cutscenes and AI hurt this mode could've been way better

Helpful comment.

Lol I was jk tbh, haven't tried it yet.

Fair play ahahahahahha
  • Totally agree op. This mode for me personally is the best thing that's been added to the game so far.

Please dice add more maps and support this mode !
  • Alwe15
    876 posts Member
    I'm looking so forward to playing this mode. Keep the feedback coming, it's hyping me up!!
  • DarthJ
    6561 posts Member
    Good to hear, just another 4 hours until I finish work.... :neutral:
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Batman20
    1776 posts Member
    Im currently downloading the update right now should be playing it soon. This game will soon overtake red dead 2 as the game that takes up the most space on my ps4
  • jonci
    1016 posts Member
    Far too long and repetitive, will get boring very soon.
    As droids we surrounded the 2 drop ships yet some how the clone troopers got in yet none got near it ???? suppose it make no difference blocking access, should be droids try to blow them up and clones defended them until loaded, then move on to next phase.
    The round needs to be done once only, not 3 times.
    For all the anakin nurf people i took him down with the new commando droid using the sword attack, that was my one n only kill with the sword so far, (yes i did him from behind but still sooo satisfying).
    Commando droid needs a health buff, doesn't last long, looking at the game play and scores even after a few minutes, shame to say hackers were abundant, level 12 player on 180 kills after 5 minutes, nearest one to that was 140 for a level 6, all the rest at about 20 - 40.
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    Batman20 wrote: »
    Im currently downloading the update right now should be playing it soon. This game will soon overtake red dead 2 as the game that takes up the most space on my ps4

Useless space unfortunately
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    Zirius wrote: »
    Bit meh... And repetitive

Was only to be expected...
  • camerog
    225 posts Member
    This mode is trash, cutscenes and AI hurt this mode could've been way better

wow way to give it a chance.
  • camerog
    225 posts Member
    i enjoyed it so far, but either the ARC trooper is way OP or the guy playing him had already worked out a cheat. he one shot killed me a dozen times. i'd hit him 10-20 with no effect to his health. So..
  • 1st impression.
    Planetside was more fun than ship interiors. I liked the open environment and non linear gameplay. Ship Interiors played like a Phase 2/3 on GA. DS villains seemed not to do well Planetside, but were fine on the ships.
  • camerog wrote: »
    This mode is trash, cutscenes and AI hurt this mode could've been way better

wow way to give it a chance.

I said I was joking
  • DarthJ
    6561 posts Member
    camerog wrote: »
    i enjoyed it so far, but either the ARC trooper is way OP or the guy playing him had already worked out a cheat. he one shot killed me a dozen times. i'd hit him 10-20 with no effect to his health. So..

What platform are you on? If its PC, could be a hack?

Just think its too early to be saying things are OP already.
  • Versatti
    2087 posts Member
    I’ve only played one game, but it feels like Star Wars and I like the mechanics so far.

Have concerns about longevity with it being only one map but I do love how CS plays.
  • Peepzilla
    932 posts Member
    edited March 26
    DarthJ wrote: »

ARC Trooper being used by people who have already ran them for hours are dominating the matches. Pair them up with Wookie Warriors and Anakin and you'll find this mode is unbalanced. I can't imagine PT maps on GA right now... woof.

They have a one-shot ability that regens very quickly - that's the main thing being spammed.
  • DarthJ
    6561 posts Member
    Peepzilla wrote: »

ARC Trooper being used by people who have already ran them for hours are dominating the matches. Pair them up with Wookie Warriors and Anakin and you'll find this mode is unbalanced. I can't imagine PT maps on GA right now... woof.

Ha...still haven't tried it yet, at work. Looking forward to it though.
  • Tommytj2310
    1503 posts Member
    edited March 26
    Peepzilla wrote: »

Ha...still haven't tried it yet, at work. Looking forward to it though.

Ignore him commando droids are the perfect counter there dash distance is huge and their blades cause knockdowns, already shredded anakin with them.
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    Great, sounds like another mode dominated by reinforcements. Sigh.

I'm going to be playing GA again this week, all the try hards should be off playing the new mode.
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    brienj wrote: »
    Great, sounds like another mode dominated by reinforcements. Sigh.

I'm going to be playing GA again this week, all the try hards should be off playing the new mode.

Keep your eyes on the sky :wink:
  • New mode didn’t do it for me at all. Mini domination followed by strike on the ships.

Straight up conquest would have been MUCH better.

AI does PTO but they are useless filler in a gunfight and largely unaware and boneheaded.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Empire_TW
    6430 posts Member
    disagree
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    disagree

What do you think of it then?
    disagree

I don't like AI bots, cutscenes, it is restricted to one era, it only has one map, and think regular conquest should have been added instead.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    disagree

I don't like AI bots, cutscenes, it is restricted to one era, it only has one map, and think regular conquest should have been added instead.
    disagree

I actually think the AI work well. Obviously there never gonna be as good as actual players, but they get the job done. Cutscenes are alright, but I feel they're gonna get annoying quicky. I do have to agree about the era and maps though. It should have a minimum of 3 maps, one from each era. I really hope they add more in the near future.
  • DarthJ
    6561 posts Member
    Yeah, after having a go before it broke down, I enjoyed it.

Love the conquest aspect planetside, although I feel it ends too quickly. The ships element is basically strike, but is ok. My issue with it is the ship interiors are great to look at, huge maps...but we only fight in a small area for a limited time. I would have liked all 3 maps as conquest maps.

Definitely needs more maps added though for all eras. I also think the AI works well, much better than the arcade AI. Actually feel like they want to kill me! And they keep you busy in areas if there are a few of them. Cutscenes constantly clip and feel rushed to be honest. Wouldn't be here nor there if they weren't in.
  • The AI are pretty good. They are very weak and lousy shots but they make up 90% of those playing the objective.
    GCW CS on the Scariff with the Profundity vs. an ISD next please. You could use Landing Pad 13. Add Rebel Commandos (Infiltrator), Rebel Honor Gaurds (Enforcers), and Storm Commandos (Infiltrators), new blasters, Jyn Erso, and Director Krennic too.
  • I really enjoy it. It does seem to be a bit much when you have to go back to the ground several times.

The AI is good. They’re rolling around and guarding command posts. They definitely fill out the battlefield and being able to kill some of them during those matches when you’re outgunned by everyone else makes it feel a little less frustrating.

I love having era locked heroes. I can’t wait to have maps from other eras. It would be weird to have young Han and Lando on the OT maps. Hope they can lock some appearances too.

The ship interiors look great. They give you room to move so it doesn’t feel so claustrophobic like on some GA maps. I would like to see these in arcade.

After trying out Darth Maul a few times, I think he really needs to block now. He didn’t before but now all has changed so much, he’s at a disadvantage.

I would like to see this mode, or at least the ground battle portion of it, in arcade.

And finally, I’m glad we don’t have to deal with strafers. I hope they either don’t add any ships to other maps or give pilots a different objective to take them away from the ground battle.