criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Biggest Disappointment of the CT- AI

2

Replies

  • Honestly what a stupid descision. AI to pack out the teams in a multiplayer game what an ABSOLOUTE load of bull. I am so angry about the descisions the devs are making wouldnt be suprised if this game is losing playerbase not attracting it.

    I love how nobody complained about this in Starfighter Assault, and then suddenly in this mode it's time to call the whaaambulance...
  • Honestly what a stupid descision. AI to pack out the teams in a multiplayer game what an ABSOLOUTE load of bull. I am so angry about the descisions the devs are making wouldnt be suprised if this game is losing playerbase not attracting it.

    I love how nobody complained about this in Starfighter Assault, and then suddenly in this mode it's time to call the whaaambulance...

    Yes I think this one's a genuine suck it and see one. There are much bigger and more important issues to deal with from this CT.
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with adding ai. Lots of other games do it like for honor. And more importantly the old 2005 game had ai in multilayer modes.

    Give it a chance. At least they'll play the objective

    You would like the AI they added. Zero surprise there.

    Actually, I said that ai has worked just fine in other games... Why not give it a chance? We haven't even played the mode yet.

    Well I mean... Its no surprise that you would be negative about something you've not even tried out yet.

    AI in an online MP game is a joke. You saying that I’m negative doesn’t change that.

    But how can it you say its a joke if you've not tried it? It's worked in other games and they will actually play the objective which is more than a lot of other players do. Why not just wait and see what it's like. You don't have to complain about everything.

    I mean, do we seriously have to explain the difference between a bot and a person?

    We all know the difference, but the point is you won't be fighting waves of bots. There are 20 enemy players in the game, and there are no bots in the Capital ship portions. It's just out on the open Conquest map.

    I played the OG Battlefronts online with much less player counts padded with bots. You know the bots are there, but they end up being just something to swat in between fighting players. With 40 players, you might barely even notice the bots.
  • Also, in case anybody missed it, all 8 heroes will be available to play at once.

    Yeah but there's only 4 per side. That's not a big increase over GA. Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Chewy vs Maul, Grievous, Dooku, and Bossk.
  • JediJam
    393 posts Member
    tankertoad wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with adding ai. Lots of other games do it like for honor. And more importantly the old 2005 game had ai in multilayer modes.

    Give it a chance. At least they'll play the objective

    You would like the AI they added. Zero surprise there.

    Actually, I said that ai has worked just fine in other games... Why not give it a chance? We haven't even played the mode yet.

    Well I mean... Its no surprise that you would be negative about something you've not even tried out yet.

    AI in an online MP game is a joke. You saying that I’m negative doesn’t change that.

    But how can it you say its a joke if you've not tried it? It's worked in other games and they will actually play the objective which is more than a lot of other players do. Why not just wait and see what it's like. You don't have to complain about everything.

    I mean, do we seriously have to explain the difference between a bot and a person?

    When did I say that there is no difference? I'm just saying that there are plenty of games where they have ai and they are fine. In fact there are some games like call of duty where I prefer the ai as they don't camp all match.
  • Also, in case anybody missed it, all 8 heroes will be available to play at once.

    Yeah but there's only 4 per side. That's not a big increase over GA. Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Chewy vs Maul, Grievous, Dooku, and Bossk.

    It’s an increase of only DOUBLE, not counting the final phase... and the final phase in GA makes for the worst experience in Battlefront.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • JediJam
    393 posts Member
    JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with adding ai. Lots of other games do it like for honor. And more importantly the old 2005 game had ai in multilayer modes.

    Give it a chance. At least they'll play the objective

    You would like the AI they added. Zero surprise there.

    Actually, I said that ai has worked just fine in other games... Why not give it a chance? We haven't even played the mode yet.

    Well I mean... Its no surprise that you would be negative about something you've not even tried out yet.

    AI in an online MP game is a joke. You saying that I’m negative doesn’t change that.

    But how can it you say its a joke if you've not tried it? It's worked in other games and they will actually play the objective which is more than a lot of other players do. Why not just wait and see what it's like. You don't have to complain about everything.

    I complain about things that warrant it. Bots that play the objective makes it even worse. AI shouldn’t contribute to the games outcome.

    Things I would have and will shower with positivity if ever added?

    Bug fixes. Blasters. Mods for default blasters. New maps. Ported maps. Campaign maps. Conquest. Infantry Cargo. Turning Point. HVV TDM. Infantry skins for all factions. Hero skins for base heroes. Private matches. Playable Ewoks. New Enforcers for all factions. Skins, victory poses and emotes for all Special Units. Existing Blast maps added to HVV. New Extraction maps (all eras). New Strike maps. Road Maps. Honest and consistent communication.

    I’m sure I’m missing a few. Those unreleased emotes would also be cool. Speaking of emotes, a visual rework of the emote wheel. But, priorities.

    I mean you could argue why should some random people you've never met before contribute towards the outcome?

    And both sides will have ai, they will be set to the same difficulty and they'll be outnumbered by actual players so they won't have that much of an impact on the outcome.

    I suggest just trying to be a bit more positive rather than immediately complaining about something that hasn't even been released yet.
  • JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with adding ai. Lots of other games do it like for honor. And more importantly the old 2005 game had ai in multilayer modes.

    Give it a chance. At least they'll play the objective

    You would like the AI they added. Zero surprise there.

    Actually, I said that ai has worked just fine in other games... Why not give it a chance? We haven't even played the mode yet.

    Well I mean... Its no surprise that you would be negative about something you've not even tried out yet.

    AI in an online MP game is a joke. You saying that I’m negative doesn’t change that.

    But how can it you say its a joke if you've not tried it? It's worked in other games and they will actually play the objective which is more than a lot of other players do. Why not just wait and see what it's like. You don't have to complain about everything.

    I complain about things that warrant it. Bots that play the objective makes it even worse. AI shouldn’t contribute to the games outcome.

    Things I would have and will shower with positivity if ever added?

    Bug fixes. Blasters. Mods for default blasters. New maps. Ported maps. Campaign maps. Conquest. Infantry Cargo. Turning Point. HVV TDM. Infantry skins for all factions. Hero skins for base heroes. Private matches. Playable Ewoks. New Enforcers for all factions. Skins, victory poses and emotes for all Special Units. Existing Blast maps added to HVV. New Extraction maps (all eras). New Strike maps. Road Maps. Honest and consistent communication.

    I’m sure I’m missing a few. Those unreleased emotes would also be cool. Speaking of emotes, a visual rework of the emote wheel. But, priorities.

    I mean you could argue why should some random people you've never met before contribute towards the outcome?

    And both sides will have ai, they will be set to the same difficulty and they'll be outnumbered by actual players so they won't have that much of an impact on the outcome.

    I suggest just trying to be a bit more positive rather than immediately complaining about something that hasn't even been released yet.

    Your basing this on your opinion that AI has worked well in other games... some of us beg to differ.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • JediJam
    393 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with adding ai. Lots of other games do it like for honor. And more importantly the old 2005 game had ai in multilayer modes.

    Give it a chance. At least they'll play the objective

    You would like the AI they added. Zero surprise there.

    Actually, I said that ai has worked just fine in other games... Why not give it a chance? We haven't even played the mode yet.

    Well I mean... Its no surprise that you would be negative about something you've not even tried out yet.

    AI in an online MP game is a joke. You saying that I’m negative doesn’t change that.

    But how can it you say its a joke if you've not tried it? It's worked in other games and they will actually play the objective which is more than a lot of other players do. Why not just wait and see what it's like. You don't have to complain about everything.

    I complain about things that warrant it. Bots that play the objective makes it even worse. AI shouldn’t contribute to the games outcome.

    Things I would have and will shower with positivity if ever added?

    Bug fixes. Blasters. Mods for default blasters. New maps. Ported maps. Campaign maps. Conquest. Infantry Cargo. Turning Point. HVV TDM. Infantry skins for all factions. Hero skins for base heroes. Private matches. Playable Ewoks. New Enforcers for all factions. Skins, victory poses and emotes for all Special Units. Existing Blast maps added to HVV. New Extraction maps (all eras). New Strike maps. Road Maps. Honest and consistent communication.

    I’m sure I’m missing a few. Those unreleased emotes would also be cool. Speaking of emotes, a visual rework of the emote wheel. But, priorities.

    I mean you could argue why should some random people you've never met before contribute towards the outcome?

    And both sides will have ai, they will be set to the same difficulty and they'll be outnumbered by actual players so they won't have that much of an impact on the outcome.

    I suggest just trying to be a bit more positive rather than immediately complaining about something that hasn't even been released yet.

    Your basing this on your opinion that AI has worked well in other games... some of us beg to differ.

    True but there's also loads of professional game developers out there who are clearly happy with adding ai. And theres loads of people who play their games. I just say give it a try. I don't get why so many on this forum are so keen to complain about something before they've even tried it out.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Most of the people complaining about AI play starfighter assault so I could careless if their opinions on this. You will hardly notice. If your biggest problem is with bots and not the fact there is only 1 map, you got your priorities out of order. It's about time we get a ground fight with ai.

    Launch day SWBF 1 and 2, everyone fights together and clusters the maps with explosion everywhere. 2 Months later, everyone is lone-wolfing it and the players are scares hiding behind rocks and no push up. Over time everyone goes all trench warfare and the battlefield becomes empty and boring.

    Definitely agree about the gameplay. The first month or two typically is when most players will just go out and enjoy the game. Then they get worrying about their stats and killstreaks. GA is littered with people who just stand there padding stats, heroes in the back racking up kill streaks, etc.
  • Really for me it depends on how good the Ai is going to be. Are they just going to be campaign ai . Or are the Ai going to be Fear level ai.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Comparing a ground mode 2 Starfighter assault is apples and oranges.

    People saying that everyone play SA, no that's not true.

    flying in a completely open space environment is completely different , and the need for bots is completely different than on the ground.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    There’s quite a few downers about the recent news, ONE map from the PT on the ugliest planet, no entering/exiting vehicles, AI transports etc

    ‘In terms of player count, Capital Supremacy will be a 20 v 20 game mode, meaning up to 40 player-controlled units at any one time can take part. In addition to this, there will be 12v12 AI-controlled units during the planetary phase of the battle. We made the decision to include AI because we wanted to capture the scale of the Clone Wars while not diminishing your odds of playing the iconic heroes. This is similar to how we use AI within Starfighter Assault to add to scale and the feeling of heroism as you cut through them.‘

    6v92wxs7t05x.gif

    Sorry, no one feels any sort of heroism when they see they clipped an AI ship out of the sky in SA. It also doesn’t help give the scope of battle a grander scale, it dumbs it down. This is simply them either being unable or incapable of upping the player count.

    This was an extremely poor decision and dumbs down feel of REAL competition and fun gameplay. It’s never worked well in any game or mode and it sure won’t here. To my knowledge, this is the first time Dice has gone down this path in an online shooter mode and I’m leaning towards this being a non-starter for me.

    I set my expectations very low, then the AI curveball gets tossed.

    j1lbn3e5cbjf.gif

    Yeah I play it once per side per map then that's it don't need even more free BP for sweaty enemies while my team farms only ai
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Most of the people complaining about AI play starfighter assault so I could careless if their opinions on this. You will hardly notice. If your biggest problem is with bots and not the fact there is only 1 map, you got your priorities out of order. It's about time we get a ground fight with ai.

    Launch day SWBF 1 and 2, everyone fights together and clusters the maps with explosion everywhere. 2 Months later, everyone is lone-wolfing it and the players are scares hiding behind rocks and no push up. Over time everyone goes all trench warfare and the battlefield becomes empty and boring.

    Definitely agree about the gameplay. The first month or two typically is when most players will just go out and enjoy the game. Then they get worrying about their stats and killstreaks. GA is littered with people who just stand there padding stats, heroes in the back racking up kill streaks, etc.

    That's what happened both with SWBF1&2 and I hate that. I love when people were running around blasting each other and dying left and right having fun. But slowly as time goes by with people going for the Bounty Contracts in SWBF1 etc and SWBF2 all the build up of credit to buy cosmetics and having to level up heroes etc people slowly end up in SWBF2 going "oh i should just go for kills and service so I can get my hero leveled up". I guarantee if I could have an offline mode with bots and invite up to 32v32 players and all heroes were maxed, all cosmetics unlocked, etc. People would be less sweaty and just having fun. That's why I think the AIs actually help because it keeps the map having density and not everyone hiding behind a rock failing to move up because they are too afraid to die which, just after getting off after 3 matches of GA, that's all it was. Every match mow i'm like top player and I just joined and I push the objective while everyone sits back and goes for kills by distances and doesn't bother with the objective. It's so annoying feeling like the only player on my team playing the objective that to me, AIs that won't camp back at spawn, is like a breath of fresh air for once.
    tankertoad wrote: »
    Comparing a ground mode 2 Starfighter assault is apples and oranges.

    People saying that everyone play SA, no that's not true.

    flying in a completely open space environment is completely different , and the need for bots is completely different than on the ground.

    Nope, bots do the same thing as me and ArchAngeL_777 discussed, they are map fillers. so we replace those 12 players on each team that would otherwise be campaign far back are now pressing the objective. In fighter squadron and and star fighter assault. The maps become so dense. Even in the WA offline mode the maps feel more alive and immersive of an actual battle than the actual multiplayer because almost half the team is camped in queue spamming the A button to get a hero or camped behind an object. even in SA the same thing of people camped in queue, now when you go to camp for your Ani, I can have fun playing and not feel like it's a scares map going like https://gph.is/1c4yGWA
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Most of the people complaining about AI play starfighter assault so I could careless if their opinions on this. You will hardly notice. If your biggest problem is with bots and not the fact there is only 1 map, you got your priorities out of order. It's about time we get a ground fight with ai.

    Launch day SWBF 1 and 2, everyone fights together and clusters the maps with explosion everywhere. 2 Months later, everyone is lone-wolfing it and the players are scares hiding behind rocks and no push up. Over time everyone goes all trench warfare and the battlefield becomes empty and boring.

    Definitely agree about the gameplay. The first month or two typically is when most players will just go out and enjoy the game. Then they get worrying about their stats and killstreaks. GA is littered with people who just stand there padding stats, heroes in the back racking up kill streaks, etc.

    That's what happened both with SWBF1&2 and I hate that. I love when people were running around blasting each other and dying left and right having fun. But slowly as time goes by with people going for the Bounty Contracts in SWBF1 etc and SWBF2 all the build up of credit to buy cosmetics and having to level up heroes etc people slowly end up in SWBF2 going "oh i should just go for kills and service so I can get my hero leveled up". I guarantee if I could have an offline mode with bots and invite up to 32v32 players and all heroes were maxed, all cosmetics unlocked, etc. People would be less sweaty and just having fun. That's why I think the AIs actually help because it keeps the map having density and not everyone hiding behind a rock failing to move up because they are too afraid to die which, just after getting off after 3 matches of GA, that's all it was. Every match mow i'm like top player and I just joined and I push the objective while everyone sits back and goes for kills by distances and doesn't bother with the objective. It's so annoying feeling like the only player on my team playing the objective that to me, AIs that won't camp back at spawn, is like a breath of fresh air for once.
    tankertoad wrote: »
    Comparing a ground mode 2 Starfighter assault is apples and oranges.

    People saying that everyone play SA, no that's not true.

    flying in a completely open space environment is completely different , and the need for bots is completely different than on the ground.

    Nope, bots do the same thing as me and ArchAngeL_777 discussed, they are map fillers. so we replace those 12 players on each team that would otherwise be campaign far back are now pressing the objective. In fighter squadron and and star fighter assault. The maps become so dense. Even in the WA offline mode the maps feel more alive and immersive of an actual battle than the actual multiplayer because almost half the team is camped in queue spamming the A button to get a hero or camped behind an object. even in SA the same thing of people camped in queue, now when you go to camp for your Ani, I can have fun playing and not feel like it's a scares map going like https://gph.is/1c4yGWA

    Bots are not people. Why is this hard?

    I didn't buy this game to play arcade. I didn't buy this game to shoot bots. I didn't buy this game to play with bots..

    Just because the overall game design is poor and people worry about their KD and whatnot doesn't mean that I want to play with bots.

    let me think of the shooters were people don't worry about their KD and play The objective? oh yeah like none of them, at least as a total team versus Team. Some do some don't. People do crazy and wacky and weird stuff. That's what makes it fun.

    If y'all want your bots they can drop this in arcade and you can play your bots.

    I do not buy an online shooter and pay online fees and pay for an internet connection to play with and against bots.

    Map filler? Sounds like it's a bad map then. The problem is the game design the conceptual design the implementation the execution the creativity the theory everything that makes this game.

    they can't pull off 32 vs 32 so they threw in bots. That's all it is to it
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

    are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Most of the people complaining about AI play starfighter assault so I could careless if their opinions on this. You will hardly notice. If your biggest problem is with bots and not the fact there is only 1 map, you got your priorities out of order. It's about time we get a ground fight with ai.

    Launch day SWBF 1 and 2, everyone fights together and clusters the maps with explosion everywhere. 2 Months later, everyone is lone-wolfing it and the players are scares hiding behind rocks and no push up. Over time everyone goes all trench warfare and the battlefield becomes empty and boring.

    Most everyone including myself were well prepared that it was going to be just one map. This AI garbage was one thing no one predicted or thought possible, at least from what I saw. So it comes as a surprise and a big downer.

    I played SA during x3 XP for a few matches and couldn’t tell you the last time I played it, so I certainly don’t fit into this grasp for straws.

    I buy Dice games to play the online shooter aspect, until now facing AI was never a concern. If you enjoy ‘filler content’ running around the map and giving you an artificial sense of a big battle, good for you... many here don’t play PvP for that.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Odds bots are OP ? Lol. I shot machines.

    I mean that wouldn't be surprising whould it?

    That ai Walker bot on Crait is a beast, he never misses and gets me under ground at times lol.
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Odds bots are OP ? Lol. I shot machines.

    I mean that wouldn't be surprising whould it?

    That ai Walker bot on Crait is a beast, he never misses and gets me under ground at times lol.

    My guess is it goes the opposite way for troops, trashy and get in the way of real gun battles.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • rollind24
    5590 posts Member
    “ We made the decision to include AI because we wanted to capture the scale of the Clone Wars while not diminishing your odds of playing the iconic heroes.”

    This is the key phrase people. This game is not about being a Star Wars shooter. Hopefully the next Battlefront is actually a shooter
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    5590 posts Member
    edited March 23
    tankertoad wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with adding ai. Lots of other games do it like for honor. And more importantly the old 2005 game had ai in multilayer modes.

    Give it a chance. At least they'll play the objective

    You would like the AI they added. Zero surprise there.

    Actually, I said that ai has worked just fine in other games... Why not give it a chance? We haven't even played the mode yet.

    Well I mean... Its no surprise that you would be negative about something you've not even tried out yet.

    AI in an online MP game is a joke. You saying that I’m negative doesn’t change that.

    But how can it you say its a joke if you've not tried it? It's worked in other games and they will actually play the objective which is more than a lot of other players do. Why not just wait and see what it's like. You don't have to complain about everything.

    I mean, do we seriously have to explain the difference between a bot and a person?

    I imagine the bots will be exactly like they are in arcade which is where players that want to mow down infantry with tiered units should be anyways
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Evo911
    260 posts Member
    They need to manage our expectations better. They announce the 'large scale mode' ... Then sit back while we all get excited at what could be coming and we are all dropped like a stone when they present their work to our utter disappointment and frustration.

    Expect nothing good from EA and Dice.
    All updates since the launch are terrible, even any single changes is a joke in terms of playability, so imagine a new mode...loooooooool
    It is like geonosis as a new map...the trailer put stars in the eyes and finally it is the worst map in the game.

    Since a long time i'm only expecting they stop to touch this game so there is no more disappointment.
  • Empire_TW
    6097 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    tankertoad wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with adding ai. Lots of other games do it like for honor. And more importantly the old 2005 game had ai in multilayer modes.

    Give it a chance. At least they'll play the objective

    You would like the AI they added. Zero surprise there.

    Actually, I said that ai has worked just fine in other games... Why not give it a chance? We haven't even played the mode yet.

    Well I mean... Its no surprise that you would be negative about something you've not even tried out yet.

    AI in an online MP game is a joke. You saying that I’m negative doesn’t change that.

    But how can it you say its a joke if you've not tried it? It's worked in other games and they will actually play the objective which is more than a lot of other players do. Why not just wait and see what it's like. You don't have to complain about everything.

    I mean, do we seriously have to explain the difference between a bot and a person?

    I imagine the bots will be exactly like they are in arcade which is where players that want to mow down infantry with tiered units should be anyways

    Officers holding their pistols with two hands while crouching and staring at a wall.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Adding AI players to fill the large maps is like an early april joke.
    I was counting on 64 players like they do it in Battlefield, never expected bots to fill the empty maps.
    With more players on the map they could have added starfighters to attack the ship from the outside too on the second phase.
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Most of the people complaining about AI play starfighter assault so I could careless if their opinions on this. You will hardly notice. If your biggest problem is with bots and not the fact there is only 1 map, you got your priorities out of order. It's about time we get a ground fight with ai.

    Launch day SWBF 1 and 2, everyone fights together and clusters the maps with explosion everywhere. 2 Months later, everyone is lone-wolfing it and the players are scares hiding behind rocks and no push up. Over time everyone goes all trench warfare and the battlefield becomes empty and boring.

    Definitely agree about the gameplay. The first month or two typically is when most players will just go out and enjoy the game. Then they get worrying about their stats and killstreaks. GA is littered with people who just stand there padding stats, heroes in the back racking up kill streaks, etc.

    That's what happened both with SWBF1&2 and I hate that. I love when people were running around blasting each other and dying left and right having fun. But slowly as time goes by with people going for the Bounty Contracts in SWBF1 etc and SWBF2 all the build up of credit to buy cosmetics and having to level up heroes etc people slowly end up in SWBF2 going "oh i should just go for kills and service so I can get my hero leveled up". I guarantee if I could have an offline mode with bots and invite up to 32v32 players and all heroes were maxed, all cosmetics unlocked, etc. People would be less sweaty and just having fun. That's why I think the AIs actually help because it keeps the map having density and not everyone hiding behind a rock failing to move up because they are too afraid to die which, just after getting off after 3 matches of GA, that's all it was. Every match mow i'm like top player and I just joined and I push the objective while everyone sits back and goes for kills by distances and doesn't bother with the objective. It's so annoying feeling like the only player on my team playing the objective that to me, AIs that won't camp back at spawn, is like a breath of fresh air for once.
    tankertoad wrote: »
    Comparing a ground mode 2 Starfighter assault is apples and oranges.

    People saying that everyone play SA, no that's not true.

    flying in a completely open space environment is completely different , and the need for bots is completely different than on the ground.

    Nope, bots do the same thing as me and ArchAngeL_777 discussed, they are map fillers. so we replace those 12 players on each team that would otherwise be campaign far back are now pressing the objective. In fighter squadron and and star fighter assault. The maps become so dense. Even in the WA offline mode the maps feel more alive and immersive of an actual battle than the actual multiplayer because almost half the team is camped in queue spamming the A button to get a hero or camped behind an object. even in SA the same thing of people camped in queue, now when you go to camp for your Ani, I can have fun playing and not feel like it's a scares map going like https://gph.is/1c4yGWA

    Bots are not people. Why is this hard?

    I didn't buy this game to play arcade. I didn't buy this game to shoot bots. I didn't buy this game to play with bots..

    Just because the overall game design is poor and people worry about their KD and whatnot doesn't mean that I want to play with bots.

    let me think of the shooters were people don't worry about their KD and play The objective? oh yeah like none of them, at least as a total team versus Team. Some do some don't. People do crazy and wacky and weird stuff. That's what makes it fun.

    If y'all want your bots they can drop this in arcade and you can play your bots.

    I do not buy an online shooter and pay online fees and pay for an internet connection to play with and against bots.

    Map filler? Sounds like it's a bad map then. The problem is the game design the conceptual design the implementation the execution the creativity the theory everything that makes this game.

    they can't pull off 32 vs 32 so they threw in bots. That's all it is to it

    Oh I'm sorry, I don't know the game was all about you. Some people wanted bots and some don't. If it bothers you so much, play a different mode. People did just fine in classic battlefront and straighter mode. So don't bother gatekeeping because I'll do the reverse right back. And Ben walk already stated these so play differently than arcade. But it's funny with people like "oh they are easier to kill bots" yet I have seen people that play much worse. But then they improve them and then they complain they are too good. There are people that also complain when they get **** teammates that ruin the game. There is always going to be someone that doesntvlike something. So either you can play something else or deal with it. I dealt with your **** teammates that suck instead of having ai that actually push an objective and not a 15th **** sniper sitting in the end zone. Or ever camping teammate or people all running around as officers with blurrgs. I dealt with that in GA so you can deal with a few bots.
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Most of the people complaining about AI play starfighter assault so I could careless if their opinions on this. You will hardly notice. If your biggest problem is with bots and not the fact there is only 1 map, you got your priorities out of order. It's about time we get a ground fight with ai.

    Launch day SWBF 1 and 2, everyone fights together and clusters the maps with explosion everywhere. 2 Months later, everyone is lone-wolfing it and the players are scares hiding behind rocks and no push up. Over time everyone goes all trench warfare and the battlefield becomes empty and boring.

    Most everyone including myself were well prepared that it was going to be just one map. This AI garbage was one thing no one predicted or thought possible, at least from what I saw. So it comes as a surprise and a big downer.

    I played SA during x3 XP for a few matches and couldn’t tell you the last time I played it, so I certainly don’t fit into this grasp for straws.

    I buy Dice games to play the online shooter aspect, until now facing AI was never a concern. If you enjoy ‘filler content’ running around the map and giving you an artificial sense of a big battle, good for you... many here don’t play PvP for that.

    Can you show me where? Others were expecting quiet a few maps for something that took almost a year to make. The 1 map was more of a big surprise to people like samyboi and bf updates and away. They weren't as let down by a few bots as they were at the fact there was 1 map. I remember swbf1 fighter squadron when described the anti-bot people were like "omg bots are going to ruin this mode, and both fs and sa mode fell more like actual movie like battles with the hectic chaos where as the other modes went from that to hollow areas. This happens in every game without bots. If you go to classic battlefront you will see it's the same that so fill the map to make it feel like an actual battle and not s skirmish which is why it became so remembered. People forget the smallvthings that helped make it huge.

    For those that don't like it, you are welcome back on the 8 or 9 other modes that don't have it. I give it 3 months or so and the complainers will be like "fine ideas being an over reacting child it's not terrible. I need to stop star wars battlefront gatekeeping"
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1080 posts Member
    edited March 23
    @F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne

    It's pathetic that they can not add more than 40 real players. Although there were only 8 more to be 48 in total. This shows his incompetence.

    And also launch this new mode with a single map. It's the perfect way to kill it in the first month.

    Not only will not new players come, they will not recover players who have already left. They will even leave more. This new mode is not a true large-scale mode but a scam.

    EA / DICE have laughed at us while much time. I hope Disney will take away StarWars license soon.

    1bfioawlu399.png
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2237 posts Member
    edited March 23
    @F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne

    It's pathetic that they can not add more than 40 real players. Although there were only 8 more to be 48 in total. This shows his incompetence.

    And also launch this new mode with a single map. It's the perfect way to kill it in the first month.

    Not only will not new players come, they will not recover players who have already left. They will even leave more. This new mode is not a true large-scale mode but a scam.

    EA / DICE have laughed at us while much time. I hope Disney will take away StarWars license soon.

    Unfortunately, looking at SYLO who also covered this, it was either Capital Supremacy or Battle Royale. There is also logic why they kept it 20v20 if the notes. if there were 32v32, it would be even harder for anyone to play heroes now that we have either tryhard sweaties that mastered every class or people that have mastered hero hogging in GA and just camp with heroes so 32v32 would have meant people camping with heroes and even rarer of a chance to get to play as a hero, special unit, vehicle etc. And since people are going to do their normal ways of all hiding behind obstacles and not move up as much, on a mode much bigger as 5 command post vs at best 3 points of contact on yavin 4 stage 1 GA this would mean scare players for a 20v20. Since DICE needs to protect it's battlefield brand and make sure it is taken care of, it shows the size difference in teams as BFV just got announced a bunch of new maps and 2 new modes. And yet more people are supposedly playing battlefront 2. But so a 32v32 with respawns looks like it wasn't going to happen. Either a 1 life with 100 player battle royale that was being considered over this, or a 20v20 with 12v12 bots for a past popular mode in battlefield 4 and battlefield 2142 was the alternative and they here people complaining about battle royale so they probably thought this was the safer route. I don't care about the bots. no one had a problem with them in SWBF1 FS/WA and SWBF2 SA/GA hardly anyone notices the bots that exist in those modes to complain to have them removed so this to me shows people being over dramatic. But still makes me wonder if it took this long to map, I'd of thought at least they would do 1 for each era, even that leak screenshot of yavin people thought was going to be a map for Capital Supremacy. If they could at least add 1 map per era so we can get era heroes for those as well that would be cool. Still need Snoke, JD and Hux though to be added with kylo and phasma to balance it out with rey, finn, chewie, han, luke, leia. So I'm guessing original trilogy would have been vader, boba, bossk, palpy, iden vs luke, leia, han, lando, chewie, obiwan, yoda.

    Overall, I like the design, just will at the least they would have done 1 map per era.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    @F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne

    It's pathetic that they can not add more than 40 real players. Although there were only 8 more to be 48 in total. This shows his incompetence.

    And also launch this new mode with a single map. It's the perfect way to kill it in the first month.

    Not only will not new players come, they will not recover players who have already left. They will even leave more. This new mode is not a true large-scale mode but a scam.

    EA / DICE have laughed at us while much time. I hope Disney will take away StarWars license soon.

    Unfortunately, looking at SYLO who also covered this, it was either Capital Supremacy or Battle Royale.

    They actually considered Battlefront Fortnite? At least we didn't get that. The playerbase would revolt.

    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    tankertoad wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Most of the people complaining about AI play starfighter assault so I could careless if their opinions on this. You will hardly notice. If your biggest problem is with bots and not the fact there is only 1 map, you got your priorities out of order. It's about time we get a ground fight with ai.

    Launch day SWBF 1 and 2, everyone fights together and clusters the maps with explosion everywhere. 2 Months later, everyone is lone-wolfing it and the players are scares hiding behind rocks and no push up. Over time everyone goes all trench warfare and the battlefield becomes empty and boring.

    Definitely agree about the gameplay. The first month or two typically is when most players will just go out and enjoy the game. Then they get worrying about their stats and killstreaks. GA is littered with people who just stand there padding stats, heroes in the back racking up kill streaks, etc.

    That's what happened both with SWBF1&2 and I hate that. I love when people were running around blasting each other and dying left and right having fun. But slowly as time goes by with people going for the Bounty Contracts in SWBF1 etc and SWBF2 all the build up of credit to buy cosmetics and having to level up heroes etc people slowly end up in SWBF2 going "oh i should just go for kills and service so I can get my hero leveled up". I guarantee if I could have an offline mode with bots and invite up to 32v32 players and all heroes were maxed, all cosmetics unlocked, etc. People would be less sweaty and just having fun. That's why I think the AIs actually help because it keeps the map having density and not everyone hiding behind a rock failing to move up because they are too afraid to die which, just after getting off after 3 matches of GA, that's all it was. Every match mow i'm like top player and I just joined and I push the objective while everyone sits back and goes for kills by distances and doesn't bother with the objective. It's so annoying feeling like the only player on my team playing the objective that to me, AIs that won't camp back at spawn, is like a breath of fresh air for once.
    tankertoad wrote: »
    Comparing a ground mode 2 Starfighter assault is apples and oranges.

    People saying that everyone play SA, no that's not true.

    flying in a completely open space environment is completely different , and the need for bots is completely different than on the ground.

    Nope, bots do the same thing as me and ArchAngeL_777 discussed, they are map fillers. so we replace those 12 players on each team that would otherwise be campaign far back are now pressing the objective. In fighter squadron and and star fighter assault. The maps become so dense. Even in the WA offline mode the maps feel more alive and immersive of an actual battle than the actual multiplayer because almost half the team is camped in queue spamming the A button to get a hero or camped behind an object. even in SA the same thing of people camped in queue, now when you go to camp for your Ani, I can have fun playing and not feel like it's a scares map going like https://gph.is/1c4yGWA

    Bots are not people. Why is this hard?

    I didn't buy this game to play arcade. I didn't buy this game to shoot bots. I didn't buy this game to play with bots..

    Just because the overall game design is poor and people worry about their KD and whatnot doesn't mean that I want to play with bots.

    let me think of the shooters were people don't worry about their KD and play The objective? oh yeah like none of them, at least as a total team versus Team. Some do some don't. People do crazy and wacky and weird stuff. That's what makes it fun.

    If y'all want your bots they can drop this in arcade and you can play your bots.

    I do not buy an online shooter and pay online fees and pay for an internet connection to play with and against bots.

    Map filler? Sounds like it's a bad map then. The problem is the game design the conceptual design the implementation the execution the creativity the theory everything that makes this game.

    they can't pull off 32 vs 32 so they threw in bots. That's all it is to it

    Oh I'm sorry, I don't know the game was all about you. Some people wanted bots and some don't. If it bothers you so much, play a different mode. People did just fine in classic battlefront and straighter mode. So don't bother gatekeeping because I'll do the reverse right back. And Ben walk already stated these so play differently than arcade. But it's funny with people like "oh they are easier to kill bots" yet I have seen people that play much worse. But then they improve them and then they complain they are too good. There are people that also complain when they get **** teammates that ruin the game. There is always going to be someone that doesntvlike something. So either you can play something else or deal with it. I dealt with your **** teammates that suck instead of having ai that actually push an objective and not a 15th **** sniper sitting in the end zone. Or ever camping teammate or people all running around as officers with blurrgs. I dealt with that in GA so you can deal with a few bots.
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Most of the people complaining about AI play starfighter assault so I could careless if their opinions on this. You will hardly notice. If your biggest problem is with bots and not the fact there is only 1 map, you got your priorities out of order. It's about time we get a ground fight with ai.

    Launch day SWBF 1 and 2, everyone fights together and clusters the maps with explosion everywhere. 2 Months later, everyone is lone-wolfing it and the players are scares hiding behind rocks and no push up. Over time everyone goes all trench warfare and the battlefield becomes empty and boring.

    Most everyone including myself were well prepared that it was going to be just one map. This AI garbage was one thing no one predicted or thought possible, at least from what I saw. So it comes as a surprise and a big downer.

    I played SA during x3 XP for a few matches and couldn’t tell you the last time I played it, so I certainly don’t fit into this grasp for straws.

    I buy Dice games to play the online shooter aspect, until now facing AI was never a concern. If you enjoy ‘filler content’ running around the map and giving you an artificial sense of a big battle, good for you... many here don’t play PvP for that.

    Can you show me where? Others were expecting quiet a few maps for something that took almost a year to make. The 1 map was more of a big surprise to people like samyboi and bf updates and away. They weren't as let down by a few bots as they were at the fact there was 1 map.

    Sure, I started a thread on it and predicted as much. First post in the thread, guy predicted one map followed by others

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/130138/launching-the-new-mode-with-just-cw/p1

    Others called it here too:

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/132561/capital-supremacy-ct-first-reactions-to-ct-release-thread/p1

    Just a few examples and I’ve seen many more random posts in other threads where people bet it would be just one. Don’t know who Samyboi is or let you tubers influence my opinion on things. All the evidence was right here on the official site that at the very least it was going to be very limited.

    While I am disappointed it’s one map, this was no shocker. Making the ridiculous decision to dumb down the SHOOTER side of things with AI, was.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • My speculation the day before the CT:

    -light on maps
    -more heroes than GA
    -poor player to hero/reinforcement ratio
    -cutscenes
    -no entering/exiting vehicles
    -no player controlled transports
    -more bugs than fixes
    -Ani ruins end match/interior fights
    -me starting a thread the following day asking why the **** we don’t have traditional conquest

    tuv2p4to5k3a.jpeg

    Not even the powers granted to me by the grand visionary, Astral Realm Zuckuss could have foreseen the travesty of Dice adding AI troopers to a MP game mode. 😓

    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Still a better option than Battle Royale.
  • Still a better option than Battle Royale.

    Kind of a toss up. At least with battle royale I could have instantly disregarded it and stuck with other modes or moved on. This large scale mode was something I was looking forward to, sounded very interesting before yesterday. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    tankertoad wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Most of the people complaining about AI play starfighter assault so I could careless if their opinions on this. You will hardly notice. If your biggest problem is with bots and not the fact there is only 1 map, you got your priorities out of order. It's about time we get a ground fight with ai.

    Launch day SWBF 1 and 2, everyone fights together and clusters the maps with explosion everywhere. 2 Months later, everyone is lone-wolfing it and the players are scares hiding behind rocks and no push up. Over time everyone goes all trench warfare and the battlefield becomes empty and boring.

    Definitely agree about the gameplay. The first month or two typically is when most players will just go out and enjoy the game. Then they get worrying about their stats and killstreaks. GA is littered with people who just stand there padding stats, heroes in the back racking up kill streaks, etc.

    That's what happened both with SWBF1&2 and I hate that. I love when people were running around blasting each other and dying left and right having fun. But slowly as time goes by with people going for the Bounty Contracts in SWBF1 etc and SWBF2 all the build up of credit to buy cosmetics and having to level up heroes etc people slowly end up in SWBF2 going "oh i should just go for kills and service so I can get my hero leveled up". I guarantee if I could have an offline mode with bots and invite up to 32v32 players and all heroes were maxed, all cosmetics unlocked, etc. People would be less sweaty and just having fun. That's why I think the AIs actually help because it keeps the map having density and not everyone hiding behind a rock failing to move up because they are too afraid to die which, just after getting off after 3 matches of GA, that's all it was. Every match mow i'm like top player and I just joined and I push the objective while everyone sits back and goes for kills by distances and doesn't bother with the objective. It's so annoying feeling like the only player on my team playing the objective that to me, AIs that won't camp back at spawn, is like a breath of fresh air for once.
    tankertoad wrote: »
    Comparing a ground mode 2 Starfighter assault is apples and oranges.

    People saying that everyone play SA, no that's not true.

    flying in a completely open space environment is completely different , and the need for bots is completely different than on the ground.

    Nope, bots do the same thing as me and ArchAngeL_777 discussed, they are map fillers. so we replace those 12 players on each team that would otherwise be campaign far back are now pressing the objective. In fighter squadron and and star fighter assault. The maps become so dense. Even in the WA offline mode the maps feel more alive and immersive of an actual battle than the actual multiplayer because almost half the team is camped in queue spamming the A button to get a hero or camped behind an object. even in SA the same thing of people camped in queue, now when you go to camp for your Ani, I can have fun playing and not feel like it's a scares map going like https://gph.is/1c4yGWA

    Bots are not people. Why is this hard?

    I didn't buy this game to play arcade. I didn't buy this game to shoot bots. I didn't buy this game to play with bots..

    Just because the overall game design is poor and people worry about their KD and whatnot doesn't mean that I want to play with bots.

    let me think of the shooters were people don't worry about their KD and play The objective? oh yeah like none of them, at least as a total team versus Team. Some do some don't. People do crazy and wacky and weird stuff. That's what makes it fun.

    If y'all want your bots they can drop this in arcade and you can play your bots.

    I do not buy an online shooter and pay online fees and pay for an internet connection to play with and against bots.

    Map filler? Sounds like it's a bad map then. The problem is the game design the conceptual design the implementation the execution the creativity the theory everything that makes this game.

    they can't pull off 32 vs 32 so they threw in bots. That's all it is to it

    Oh I'm sorry, I don't know the game was all about you. Some people wanted bots and some don't. If it bothers you so much, play a different mode. People did just fine in classic battlefront and straighter mode. So don't bother gatekeeping because I'll do the reverse right back. And Ben walk already stated these so play differently than arcade. But it's funny with people like "oh they are easier to kill bots" yet I have seen people that play much worse. But then they improve them and then they complain they are too good. There are people that also complain when they get **** teammates that ruin the game. There is always going to be someone that doesntvlike something. So either you can play something else or deal with it. I dealt with your **** teammates that suck instead of having ai that actually push an objective and not a 15th **** sniper sitting in the end zone. Or ever camping teammate or people all running around as officers with blurrgs. I dealt with that in GA so you can deal with a few bots.
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Most of the people complaining about AI play starfighter assault so I could careless if their opinions on this. You will hardly notice. If your biggest problem is with bots and not the fact there is only 1 map, you got your priorities out of order. It's about time we get a ground fight with ai.

    Launch day SWBF 1 and 2, everyone fights together and clusters the maps with explosion everywhere. 2 Months later, everyone is lone-wolfing it and the players are scares hiding behind rocks and no push up. Over time everyone goes all trench warfare and the battlefield becomes empty and boring.

    Most everyone including myself were well prepared that it was going to be just one map. This AI garbage was one thing no one predicted or thought possible, at least from what I saw. So it comes as a surprise and a big downer.

    I played SA during x3 XP for a few matches and couldn’t tell you the last time I played it, so I certainly don’t fit into this grasp for straws.

    I buy Dice games to play the online shooter aspect, until now facing AI was never a concern. If you enjoy ‘filler content’ running around the map and giving you an artificial sense of a big battle, good for you... many here don’t play PvP for that.

    Can you show me where? Others were expecting quiet a few maps for something that took almost a year to make. The 1 map was more of a big surprise to people like samyboi and bf updates and away. They weren't as let down by a few bots as they were at the fact there was 1 map.

    Sure, I started a thread on it and predicted as much. First post in the thread, guy predicted one map followed by others

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/130138/launching-the-new-mode-with-just-cw/p1

    Others called it here too:

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/132561/capital-supremacy-ct-first-reactions-to-ct-release-thread/p1

    Just a few examples and I’ve seen many more random posts in other threads where people bet it would be just one. Don’t know who Samyboi is or let you tubers influence my opinion on things. All the evidence was right here on the official site that at the very least it was going to be very limited.

    While I am disappointed it’s one map, this was no shocker. Making the ridiculous decision to dumb down the SHOOTER side of things with AI, was.

    a few people on a forum is not "most everyone" because I could say then this where he expected at least 3 clone maps. you claim you dont " let youtubers influence my opinion on things" but you let people on forums influence.

    Also the mode is the same player count as GA just with an additional 12v12 bots that are a new experimental for the offline mode that play more aggressively and more improved, hopefully like Battlefront classic. So no 32v32 everyone hiding, increase the player count only to be more scarce. plus also the fact getting a hero, special unit etc would be even more of an annoyance if you think about it now that we got profession level 40 sweaty camper heroes that will officer boost to get to it first them never let go of it the entire match. in a 32v32 that would be even more annoying.

    There is ai in starfighter assault and fighter squadron, no one cares, there are ai in galactic assault and walker assault, no one cares to demand they be removed. So that's how i know this over reaction will die away after a couple months. if you want to complain, take it up with dice heads that want to devote all resource to the lesser played BFV because they want to make sure that gets all the attention and left a team that did the best with the resources it had because DICE cares so much more about battlefield even though the player count vs battlefront i hear is so much smaller.


    @Sgt_Fergus- "Some people wanted bots and some don't. "

    Maybe I missed it so can you please show me on the forums where players were requesting AI infantry and or more bots instead of expanding and adding more actual players to the mode?

    “ We made the decision to include AI because we wanted to capture the scale of the Clone Wars while not diminishing your odds of playing the iconic heroes.”

    The above quote from @rollind24, who was quoting Ben, is yet another example of how this limited dev team is seriously out of touch with this community.

    Want another one. New blasters and or attachments for default blasters have been requested numerous times over various threads and comments. The response from DICE, the emote wheel.

    Finally, 25 pages of SA feedback and it is ignored. These guys at DICE can't even grow a pair to make a single comment on that thread but a thread talking about Mario Kart for this game and it gets a dev comment. Kylo says it best, Cowards!

    Yeah, we wanted bots in the new mode... pppfffttt.

    **** if i could get SWBF1 forums that was the own reason skirm bot mode was made and as for this
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/70233/another-reason-to-add-ai-to-multiplayer
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/69754/bots-in-multiplayer-matches
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/92962/multiplayer-private-match-with-bots-supplemented

    And since I got to put people out there you think don't exist that wanted bots, here

    Some of us are old school battlefront classic veterans that like how the maps are full of action vs most GA matches turn into skirmish camp fests. Back in the day there was no rewards for cosmetics and ranking up heroes. your hero was as is and you you could play for fun or for skill and k/d but that was your own purgative. but now everyone wants a reward when they do something so now and even affect gameplay with more powerful abilities to rank up cards so now people forgot how to have fun and now worry about "OMGz did i get 4500? omg omg omg ani ani I'm coming for you baby! Ah now i'll make sure never to lose him all match. Ani you are all mine I'm going to rank you up. make you big and strong." and because of that. instead of people running in, everyone camp and uses the noobiest combos to help rank up quicker. assaults are always using scan and gas with wannabe gnasher GOW time shotgun spamming at heroes and special units. every sniper is sitting back with the scifi barrett 50 cal, officers spamming the health boost like made with blurrg pistols, and heavy players going to town with rockets from a distance just so they can get that hero to hold them all match afraid to take risks because if they die, no more ranking up that hero so "oh i could help my teammates out and cap that LZ..... or i can go for kills and rank up... be a team player or rank your hero to level 40? Level 40 here i come!" and that is why you got people camped and sitting in spawn queue. if there was a playlist where you had everything finish, bots wouldn't be needed really because people would less likely care about dying and would have more casual fun instead. But because everyone wants those points, you got bots so the battles feel bigger or else it would be 1 squad per command post... just to give you an idea. which goes back to the quote "We made the decision to include AI because we wanted to capture the scale of the Clone Wars while not diminishing your odds of playing the iconic heroes." 32v32 hardly anyone gets heroes and no one ranks up so what happened in GA would be even worse in CS. 3 exact squads would not put a dent in the empty map with everyone hiding.
  • ‘you claim you dont " let youtubers influence my opinion on things" but you let people on forums influence.‘

    Not gonna read or quote the entire wall, but my comment about this was in reference to the description Dice had up on the home page about the Dreadnaught and Venator ships and nothing about the other two eras. I didn’t say a thing about others influence, just that the evidence was here the entire time.

    And maybe ‘most everyone’ wasn’t accurate phrasing, but I saw many many posts about people expecting one map, in more than the two examples I posted.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    ‘you claim you dont " let youtubers influence my opinion on things" but you let people on forums influence.‘

    Not gonna read or quote the entire wall, but my comment about this was in reference to the description Dice had up on the home page about the Dreadnaught and Venator ships and nothing about the other two eras. I didn’t say a thing about others influence, just that the evidence was here the entire time.

    And maybe ‘most everyone’ wasn’t accurate phrasing, but I saw many many posts about people expecting one map, in more than the two examples I posted.

    Well the venator and dreadnaught wasn't a 1 map hint as much as it was a 1 era hint. Which Swany did take notice of when he saw that. I'm surprised, and also believe, this is the reason it took so long. They probably had to model the insides of these vs idk why they didn't go with original era where they were already modeled for both in the campaign. but then again the have 5 campaign maps they could add into multiplayer as well. Building those hangars we will be going into they describe is game deisgn 2 maps entirely they probably built so they went though a long time to make that but if they do decide to do an original trilogy they would have lesser development time to make I think because the inside hangars of the star destroyer and MC75 are all modeled. Just got to take those procedural sections of the map and set up the design. As for Sequel trilogy, they have the inside of the Insurgency star destroyer but as for the Resistance they could just reuse the mc75 and be the mc80 but change up the look at bit because I don't think much would change. So, imo, it sounds like they did the harder one first.

    @Jett_Fett_91166 oh and speak of the devil, look what just came out someone else that loved bots from back in the day battlefront 2 classic. and see that action, that's hot.

  • rollind24 wrote: »
    “ We made the decision to include AI because we wanted to capture the scale of the Clone Whars while not diminishing your odds of playing the iconic heroes.”

    This is the key phrase people. This game is not about being a Star Wars shooter. Hopefully the next Battlefront is actually a shooter

    That’s pretty sad, especially the part about diminished odds and getting a hero, I mean it’s spoon feed to the max, my gosh. Hey, at least the offline arcade guys get better than a 3rd of the new mode. And your 1000% on point with this game not being about a shooter, that’s a fact and for certain.
  • @Sgt_Fergus Thanks for the reply and I can see your reasoning for wanting bots.
    That being said, I'm still with the group that would have preferred a larger player count for the most anticipated mode in the franchise and I found the answer DICE provided as to why the mode is 20 vs. 20 to be comically dull.
    #StarWars-y
  • Starting to wonder if the amount of players leaving the game is more than the players joining the game. I can get a full lobby of WA maps but GA lobbies are less than full with players dropping out when they are on the DS team. Essentially what we are getting is a smaller version of GA on a larger map so it appears to be just another mode of choke points and hero spam.
    Will try the mode on the 26th, if it isn't delayed again, but none of this recent CT information leads me to believe this will draw new players to SWBF 17 and if it does how long are they going to stay around for 1 map for 1 era with broken heroes.
    FUBAR.

    FUBAR indeed!
  • Mouthrax wrote: »
    Starting to wonder if the amount of players leaving the game is more than the players joining the game. I can get a full lobby of WA maps but GA lobbies are less than full with players dropping out when they are on the DS team. Essentially what we are getting is a smaller version of GA on a larger map so it appears to be just another mode of choke points and hero spam.
    Will try the mode on the 26th, if it isn't delayed again, but none of this recent CT information leads me to believe this will draw new players to SWBF 17 and if it does how long are they going to stay around for 1 map for 1 era with broken heroes.
    FUBAR.

    FUBAR indeed!

    One of the greatest films of all time. Cult classic. Highly recommend if you want a laugh.

    wsyqxo5txsjo.jpg
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • RyanK388
    1736 posts Member
    At least the map gets filled and the effect is that the battlefront feels bigger,

    hopefully they can add AI to the normal maps to fill empty spots so matches start without having to wait

    Yeah they might be dumb and they might not be the best but between having a filled map versus an empty one I’ll take the filled one with dumb bots
    At least that way I can play my favorite maps again
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    “ We made the decision to include AI because we wanted to capture the scale of the Clone Whars while not diminishing your odds of playing the iconic heroes.”

    So much for that "infantry focus" that this game was never about.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Well we wanted a game mode that is actually bigger not just feels bigger because bots are packing the teams out what a joke.
    Its becoming clear to me that the devs are just catering to the casuals firstly anakin with his insta win abilities now a MULTIPLAYER mode that i thought was gonna save this game is being launched with 1 map and AI teammates?, LOL
  • Bots were a bad move imo. There either gonna be a detriment to the team, or godmode.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • Well we wanted a game mode that is actually bigger not just feels bigger because bots are packing the teams out what a joke.
    Its becoming clear to me that the devs are just catering to the casuals firstly anakin with his insta win abilities now a MULTIPLAYER mode that i thought was gonna save this game is being launched with 1 map and AI teammates?, LOL

    ya do realize this is a casual game since SWBF 2015 right? it's never been competitive mlg esports driven right. also if they put 32v32 it might as well be 20v20 as they would be so scarcely all over the map hiding it would be pointless. I've seen pc versions of battlefield, start off HUGE and you can tell the 2x player count vs console. 2/3 months later it looks all the same because everyone is running to cover and the maps look empty slowly. but thanks to DICE adding in challenges and ranking up heroes. it's more encouraging to hide more if you want to max out your hero and get that cool skin too.
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Bots were a bad move imo. There either gonna be a detriment to the team, or godmode.

    Terrible call to add AI infantry.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • RyanK388
    1736 posts Member
    edited March 26
    I believe the idea to add ai infantry to the new mode is a brilliant move it will certainly fill up the map with bots that are arguably smarter than normal players
    Post edited by RyanK388 on
  • How are the AI troops in the new mode?
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • How are the AI troops in the new mode?

    Just play a couple hours, much different than arcade. they know how to dodge, not get stuck on **** and can actually aim for once. compared to a scrub they are actually better than scruby players which is a better trade of because if it was an additional 12v12 players added, 6 on each side would be guaranteed scrubs. You hardly notice in the action they are bots unless you actively look for them.

    Biggest problem, which a lot of people claimed but we wouldn't know until the mode came out, is how OP Anakin would be. on the ground he is average, in the hangars in CQC situations, he is next to impossible. people claim era unlocking will solve it but that's just people bias they want to play as other heroes, anakin would still wreck. where the final 2 objective on the CIS and Republic are, there are over ledges you can fall to your death. Anakin can just span heroic might and retribution and no one can get close to the objective with someone good at spamming this. you literally have to swarm the objective before the republic has a chance. but if you are a republic player... take a moment and sip some coffee, have some cake, take a nap and about half way, then try. Anakin can do all the work for you by hold an entire room on his own because it's so clustered that if you try to swarm in all directions to get around, he will met you at every stop. I hadn't maxed him out and I was going to town with him it was so cheesy. The only effective unit against him in the new unit the commando droid. Basically special melee ability, special melee ability, special melee ability, dodge to recover, special melee ability, special melee ability, special melee ability, he is dead. that is the only way and that is if you luck out and after he does a heroic might he didn't get enough for a retribution.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!