criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

March should be a Arcade update IMO

I was just thinking about the content past February and believe that more arcade content is needed especially when the player base shrinks and arcade become the main game mode. So a arcade update in March would be good with private matches and also if April is a skin update for hero’s with barely any skins like Luke sky walker and Darth mail then I would be happy.

Replies

• Cadoth
    1136 posts Member
    I agree but March is more likely to be the month when the new mode is released as things are proceeding
  • They do need to upgrade Arcade
    Just another mode neglected and forgotten about
  • They do need to upgrade Arcade
    Just another mode neglected and forgotten about

Yeah and some stuff is very simple like private matches and the ability to change skins ect..
  • There won't be any significant arcade content anymore. They might release one small blast map but there won't be any new game modes or anything like that. They might drag this show on with empty promises like they have done so far, but that's it. Except that they haven't said anything significant about the arcade in a long time. I have abandoned this game a long time ago like they did abandon the arcade, but I still occasionally follow this forum since it is the only entertainment this game gives me anymore. It is kinda sad since I've loved Star Wars 35 years, only these days I'm not so sure anymore.

I even hope that Anthem flops and Bioware dies with it, even though I used to love the games they used to make. I loved Westwood's games also - Lands of Lore still has a special place in my heart. But I do get some comfort of the thought that when a company as big as EA finally collapses the crash will be huge. And eventually it will collapse, just like Roman Empire.

But here's a little joke to light up the mood: What's the difference between "Weird" Al Yankovic's The Saga Begins and Dice's Battlefront? Well, they're both jokes but only one of them makes me laugh.

I don't mind getting banned.
  • bfloo
    15713 posts Member
    ZanisDust wrote: »
    There won't be any significant arcade content anymore. They might release one small blast map but there won't be any new game modes or anything like that. They might drag this show on with empty promises like they have done so far, but that's it. Except that they haven't said anything significant about the arcade in a long time. I have abandoned this game a long time ago like they did abandon the arcade, but I still occasionally follow this forum since it is the only entertainment this game gives me anymore. It is kinda sad since I've loved Star Wars 35 years, only these days I'm not so sure anymore.

I even hope that Anthem flops and Bioware dies with it, even though I used to love the games they used to make. I loved Westwood's games also - Lands of Lore still has a special place in my heart. But I do get some comfort of the thought that when a company as big as EA finally collapses the crash will be huge. And eventually it will collapse, just like Roman Empire.

But here's a little joke to light up the mood: What's the difference between "Weird" Al Yankovic's The Saga Begins and Dice's Battlefront? Well, they're both jokes but only one of them makes me laugh.

I'm with you, I can't wait for the death of casual gaming and have a new golden age where game play becomes the priority instead of graphics and gimmicks.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Cadoth wrote: »
    I agree but March is more likely to be the month when the new mode is released as things are proceeding

April/ may is more realistic since there are lightsaber changes, emote wheel coming
  • Arcade is a tacked on mode they won’t waste an entire month updating it
  • bfloo wrote: »
    ZanisDust wrote: »
    There won't be any significant arcade content anymore. They might release one small blast map but there won't be any new game modes or anything like that. They might drag this show on with empty promises like they have done so far, but that's it. Except that they haven't said anything significant about the arcade in a long time. I have abandoned this game a long time ago like they did abandon the arcade, but I still occasionally follow this forum since it is the only entertainment this game gives me anymore. It is kinda sad since I've loved Star Wars 35 years, only these days I'm not so sure anymore.

I'm with you, I can't wait for the death of casual gaming and have a new golden age where game play becomes the priority instead of graphics and gimmicks.

Story and gameplay over graphics all day long but the pc brigade only care about resolution and FPS is sad and pathetic
  • ZanisDust wrote: »

It's solely EA/ Disney that's the cause of all this yet people blame DICE and whatnot when there hands are tied and they are lubed up...
  • ZanisDust wrote: »

It's solely EA/ Disney that's the cause of all this yet people blame DICE and whatnot when there hands are tied and they are lubed up...

I know and I thought about writing EA's Battlefront but nevertheless Dice is the company that makes the game. And I'm definitely not thrilled about the way Disney and EA treat Star Wars - it is a franchise that deserves much more. Now it is just another cash cow that the force has abandoned - or at least the light side has abandoned anyway.
  • bfloo
    15713 posts Member
    Cadoth wrote: »

April/ may is more realistic since there are lightsaber changes, emote wheel coming

They already pushed it back from fall, they can't go all the way out til May

h846398gb27k.png

• With the seemingly like 5 person BF2 crew, I don’t think they care about arcade. This is a multiplayer game after all
  • With the seemingly like 5 person BF2 crew, I don’t think they care about arcade. This is a multiplayer game after all

I would buy a season pass equlivant today if they bring a large arcade game mode. It's a shame because there should be no reason why they don't have multiplayer and single player/co op instant action. There was a huge instant action following on this forum and it would bring a lot to satisfy the pve crowd. I can't state enough how disappointed I am in the direction of multiplayer only generation. It is basically eroding what made the 2000 BF titles so amazing. There was something for everyone, and everyone could play no matter there preference.
  • I would buy a season pass equlivant today if they bring a large arcade game mode. It's a shame because there should be no reason why they don't have multiplayer and single player/co op instant action. There was a huge instant action following on this forum and it would bring a lot to satisfy the pve crowd. I can't state enough how disappointed I am in the direction of multiplayer only generation. It is basically eroding what made the 2000 BF titles so amazing. There was something for everyone, and everyone could play no matter there preference.

I feel the same way. I only bought this game because I let Dennis' comments fool me. I remember how he said that there would be full fleshed skirmish in Battlefront 2 at the beginning of 2018. I never wanted campaign and I believe that the majority of the players who wanted single player experience wanted instant action. But mediocre campaign we got with arcade which is anything but full fleshed skirmish. To think that there were three studios working on this underwhelming game... And I used to think that the 2015 Battlefront was a disappointment but compared to this it is almost a masterpiece.

Sure, I remember the micro transaction fiasco and I know reworking the system took some time. But the whole thing just shows where their priorities were in the first place. It would be interesting to know how small the team was at that time and how much smaller it is now. It is clear that after that mtx failure EA lost interest in this game and now they just deliver the bare minimum stretched as thin as it can be stretched. I'm really surprised if the support for this game continues as far as summer.

And I'm not sure should I even mention the communication. Sure, it has gotten little bit better: Now we get some answer that really doesn't answer anything. But that really is just a way to try to keep up some interest to the game. The reason they don't answer questions about the arcade is that there's nothing to answer - arcade has been abandoned. Sure it has gotten couple of blast maps since launch and bare bones star fighter assault but there won't be any large scale modes in the works for it. They know that the silence and some occasional vague answer about the arcade keep the hope up at some extent and that's enough for them. They know that every broken promise will be forgotten when they show the first gorgeous cinematic trailer for the next battlefront with new promises. That's exactly what happened last time. History will repeat itself as long as we don't learn from it.

I really don't care about online gaming but that has been the only way to experience bigger maps and modes (well, the only bigger mode). But these days I don't play the game at all. I tried Geonosis on arcade couple of times but it got really boring in few minutes like everything in arcade does. After that I tried campaign with 3D Vision for couple of minutes and that's about it for these last 6 months.

I'm really glad that I bought this shallow game on SALE for pc and USED for Xbox (I was naive and though this would bring some local co-op fun with my wife but oh boy I was wrong). My bet is that EA shows Battlefront 3 this summer and it will be released with the new movie with shallow content, battle royale mode and all kinds of promises. But I couldn't care less. They can even bundle it with astro droid but I won't be buying it. It is clear that EA/Dice doesn't either listen the single players or care what we have to say.

I buy many games annually and when I find a game studio that I like, I can be loyal for decades. But I also have a long memory. EA has brought me a lot of sorrow since the day it bought Westwood. It has ruined Bioware which hasn't produced anything note worthy since first Mass Effect and Dragon Age: Origins (I tried Dragon Age 3 and Andromeda and I just couldn't get into them no matter how hard I tried - if I want to get mmorpg-like experience, I will play mmorpg, which I won't do anyway). I couldn't care less about Anthem or anything that Bioware does in the future. And now finally EA has ruined Star Wars.

These really are dark times for single players who want to experience the Star Wars universe with modern technology. I'm afraid that Disney will renew the contract with EA but that's how the world works these days. At least I can stop supporting this nonsense and keep my wallet closed. I guess that whenever I want to experience Star Wars universe, I will play the 2005 Battlefront 2 with lots of mods or Kotor and watch those Lucas' era movies. At least in the end EA makes it very easy for me to NOT support their actions or products, no matter how much I love Star Wars. I guess that finally I am starting to learn something from the history. I hope that others will too.
  • I could go for some more arcade. It will be a shame to never play again the day the servers shut down multiplayer. I want to enjoy this game years into the future like I did the old pandemic one
  • Should be
    But won't be
    Let's hope the new mode hits the spot
    It's what we are waiting for
  • I disagree. Arcade is only good for practicing with new heroes. It was good for farming credits when there were lootboxes, but not anymore. Anytime spent adding Arcade content is time not adding multiplayer content. Imo, time spent on Arcade is wasted developer time.

Just like when they released Ewok Hunt. I wish that time had been spent porting over or creating more Extraction maps.
  • bfloo
    15713 posts Member
    With the seemingly like 5 person BF2 crew, I don’t think they care about arcade. This is a multiplayer game after all

I would buy a season pass equlivant today if they bring a large arcade game mode. It's a shame because there should be no reason why they don't have multiplayer and single player/co op instant action. There was a huge instant action following on this forum and it would bring a lot to satisfy the pve crowd. I can't state enough how disappointed I am in the direction of multiplayer only generation. It is basically eroding what made the 2000 BF titles so amazing. There was something for everyone, and everyone could play no matter there preference.

The OG's were made when mp was mostly just a few people on a sofa.

Sad part is as bad as the ai is in this game, it is still better than most of my mp team mates.

AI is not a Dice strength, EA should have kept on the studio that did the campaign (I forget who did what, nah, I never cared) to do arcade.
    The campaign wasn't memorable, and I only did it on easy mode, so I can't judge the ai in the campaign. Feel free to bash them too.

h846398gb27k.png

• You know...I have enjoyed this game ever since I got it (December 2017). I thought, and still think that it has all the things that the new Battlefront 1 should have had. (Classes, point system, story mode, multiple eras... )
    However, one of Battlefront 1's most endearing qualities, in my opinion, was the availability of large scale, objective based game modes in Arcade.
    If there is anything that they need to add, it is Galactic Assault, Strike, and Capital Supremacy in Arcade.
  • JayJedi
    337 posts Member
    Saw this on twitter this morning. It looks like they are still working on the large scale offline mode.

3ibojwy2rbuc.png