criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Community Transmission - Capital Supremacy Update

Replies

• Versatti
    2198 posts Member
    edited March 26
    Some good vehicle changes but no mention of the AT-AT, AT-RT and MTT off target crosshair firing?

Also the orbital bombardment needs to be visual like BF2015.

Looking forward to trying out CS.
    Post edited by Versatti on
  • If my xbox is updating in the middle of the night, if I left the xbox turned on, will it find the update? Should I leave it on a specific screen so it can find the update easier?
  • "Due to a late balancing change, the ability description texts for Rey's Insight and Darth Vader's Focused Rage abilities have not been updated with the latest changes. "

Stamina discount completely removed?
  • what about new and better AI in Arcade
  • Update for PC is available. Has been since 17 minutes ago.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Great for a day or two until 1 map over and over again becomes boring.
  • Anyone who has had the bug of their milestones being re-set, the update should have fixed it. I discovered earlier today I had the bug. After the update the bug is gone and all my milestones are back where they should be :)
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Cadoth
    1182 posts Member
    Anyone who has had the bug of their milestones being re-set, the update should have fixed it. I discovered earlier today I had the bug. After the update the bug is gone and all my milestones are back where they should be :)

Thanks for the info, I’m gonna check after school
  • Yo uh I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I can't connect to the game anymore? I'm on Xbox and there seem to be no available updates. The game fully loads up but when it gets to the home screen it tells me to press right stick to connect and when I do I get an error. The console works fine and it's connected to the internet. What's the deal?
  • xXCodexXx wrote: »
    Yo uh I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I can't connect to the game anymore? I'm on Xbox and there seem to be no available updates. The game fully loads up but when it gets to the home screen it tells me to press right stick to connect and when I do I get an error. The console works fine and it's connected to the internet. What's the deal?

I'd reset your console and internet and start again...hopefully it works.
    Yo uh I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I can't connect to the game anymore? I'm on Xbox and there seem to be no available updates. The game fully loads up but when it gets to the home screen it tells me to press right stick to connect and when I do I get an error. The console works fine and it's connected to the internet. What's the deal?

Oh alright, thanks. Should I be looking out for an update already or?
    xXCodexXx wrote: »

Oh alright, thanks. Should I be looking out for an update already or?

I think your update should automatically start...I always load the game up on PS4 and within about 15 seconds an update icon comes up.
  • There are reports all over Reddit (such as this one - https://old.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/b5obiq/heroes_are_free_for_everyone_now/) that this update has unlocked all heroes for free for all players that had not bought them.

Is this a bug or was this deliberate? Only asking as there are lots of aggrieved people posting about it.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • There are reports all over Reddit (such as this one - https://old.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/b5obiq/heroes_are_free_for_everyone_now/) that this update has unlocked all heroes for free for all players that had not bought them.

Is this a bug or was this deliberate? Only asking as there are lots of aggrieved people posting about it.

Might be worthing starting a post on General Discussion page if this is true....
  • Yeah my ps4 keeps starting a match and dc's...i find the lack of connection disturbing!
  • Yup I have tried 5 different times to start a match of this new game mode for ps4 and still can’t. The new lightsaber combat has a lot of bugs and glitches too. Someone let them know on Twitter.
  • The ARC Trooper always had phase 2 armor... why does it have phase 1 on some maps?
  • Franchaud
    572 posts Member
    edited March 26
    meh. the mode feels like playing 2 different modes at once. even in elite squadron on psp there was a real on/off planet/capital transition. the cutscenes aren't really what i was hoping for. they're not immersing. overall it feels like: i'm just enjoying the capture mode everybody was practically begging for, only to be suddenly interrupted and forced into the same old linear GA gameplay again to push more buttons. what is it with this need to tell players what to do? if you'd just have made the ground map as interesting as the ATTE geonosis map, and added droidekas, you'd have nailed it, apart from the mode being unpolished. don't believe i'm going to play this mode again. maybe introduce a true capture mode, now that you have the basics. would make the arcade people happy too. on the surface i have plenty room to avoid pesky heroes. on the capital it's locked in a cage with anakin again.
    Post edited by Franchaud on
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • Hope to see the OT and ST Era in this mode soon.

The Battle of Jakku with the ISD and Rebel ships falling from the skies like in 2015's map would be amazing
    Anything with the FirstOrder is gold.

Cant wait, this in the OT would just be the best.

(Also Era Specific modes should be the default for all modes outside of HvV)
  • Why is bobas only good ability card getting nerfed? He already has the worst health and weakest blaster in the game those are the things needing a patch. It was ridiculously hard to play him already in hvv now without a good damage ability hes unplayable. Anyone who enjoys playing as him would agree, and i urge a boost to blaster damage or health to make him playable again.
  • This game mode is INSANE
    Friendship ended with Galactic Assault, Capital Supremacy is my new best friend
  • Been trying to find a match for 15mins. Keep finding about 30 players then when we get close to 40 a bunch of folk give up and quit. Seriously never gonna find a match at this rate
  • This is rubbish. I'm away to play another game
  • Yet again no fix for the disruptors!! Stinky
  • I wanted to play capital supremacy before I said anything about it. I have played it and can now say that capital supremacy is awesome! The new reinforcements are really cool as well. I can't wait to see what other maps come to capital supremacy. I also look forward to seeing the infiltrator reinforcement in the Original Trilogy and Sequel Trilogy eras. More maps for capital supremacy is a must, but it is going to be a while before the new map/mode get old. (At least for me.) I could write more, but the enemy team is capturing a command post.
    “I find that answer vague and unconvincing.” – K-2SO
    "In my book, experience outranks everything." - Captain Rex
  • Why did you switch Anakins abilities around? It's just *****. I feel like a cripple trying to play him now. Button aren't where they are supposed to be.
    How about assignable buttons or something? I like them in the order they were before. Now I feel like the game is just broke more. Complete throwoff in gaming.
  • Would you guys reconsider adding a few new game modes to arcade please? I do enjoy playing the traditional conquest modes on the older battlefront games, That be cool.
  • Still no fix to anakin's retribution? Am i the only one who noticed or cares that this abitlity does like 500 damage and locks you in place for like 5 seconds... 😔 it's like kylo's freeze pre-nerf but almost cans any blaster hero in one go from full health. So dumb...
  • SQJACKIE
    1093 posts Member
    Where do I find Capital Supremacy on the menu, it doesn't always appear at first
  • SQJACKIE
    1093 posts Member
    Also, conection sucks on PS4, and it's really difficult to find a full match, always half the players and ping over 100 in Latibamerica
  • I think the new update is good but you always get the same old players constantly getting the hero or villians which is unfair to the players, if puts you off wanting to play anything else then HvsV. For example i’m currently in new mode & only able to get a hero once due to the same person who’s top of the score sheet always getting a hero.
  • Sooo it won’t even let me join the new mode. I just stay in the character screen for 5 mins then get kicked out for inactivity. This game was the biggest disappointment, they haven’t gotten one update to work yet. 🤦‍♂️ Bye battlefront.
  • GG.......oh wait I can’t even say that. HG. Horrible game. So much potential and the people making this just haven’t gotten one thing right
  • I’m confused, for some reason I have Obi-Wan, grievous and Dooku even though I didn’t buy them, why is that
  • Why will this not launch for me on PS4?
  • Dookus pajamas are dumb as hell and i wont buy them. Give us some better skins for Original Trilogy characters, *****
  • I have to admit, I'm really impressed with this update. Lots of much needed bug fixes and gameplay adjustments - especially in regards to lightsaber combat - and the new content is pretty darn incredible.

Here's hoping more maps and eras will be added to Capital Supremacy, and the other factions will get the Infiltrator Class Special Unit.

Excellent work, DICE. :sunglasses:
    "All wings report in."
  • It's not letting me into the new game mode. This is dope af love this game
  • Wtf? No anakin buff? He pretty much ruined galactic asssault. Most my freinds quit the game because you cant win as dark side if an even moderatly skilled anakin is getting 120 player killstreaks. Most the dark side villians have no defense against his pull._..Reallyblows when you save up battle points the whole game, get bossk and then get instantly killed by a retribtion from a level 1 anakin. Best 2.._i mean three abilities of any hero._..Check. Unblockable saber ._.Cheak. Able to wipe out your whole sqaud with a click of a button..__ check
  • I wanna know why my 327th star corps appearances are gone, and why I have to buy them again. 😑👿
  • You guys are doing an awesome job ! I am a lifelong Star Wars fan and I'm loving all the updates and attention you all are giving this game ! Bravo and THANK YOU!!!!!
  • Hey so if all the heros were just given to players for free that didn't have them before then can the players that did buy them get refunded those credits, if the heros given away were intentionally.

I have finally gotten to about 200,000 for the first time as I bought just heros and don't buy the skins, I had to grind and drop $80 on Crystal's to get all the clone wars dlc skins I wanted for my troopers, the general kenobi skin, and I'm waiting for general Skywalker. Would love to get skins for other eras but just don't want to go into a grind wall like the one at the launch of this game I went through to get all the heros then. Got Lea the night before that update and blew all those credits to feel cheated last time and I would just like to know if this will become a regular occurrence or not. If it will then I'll just save for skins and not the actual hero.
  • RC2074
    135 posts Member
    You do not have any clue on how to make a great STAR WARS game that sure.
  • How about more Tatooine boards. Maybe a Dune Sea battlefield sitting between cliff top Tusken Raider snipers, Old Ben's cave & the outside of Jabba's palace. Where bounty hunters & Vile criminals take pot shots at both squads. Give us a chance 2 light up some of our favorite & familiar scum from Jabba's. Maybe in the middle of the board, have Owen & Beru's still smoking bodies laying next 2 their home. Or the Sarlacc. See Jedi Academy for the Mos Eisley Spaceport.

How about Umbara, Ryloth, Mygeeton, Naboo plains & or swamp, Florum, Onderon & Christophsis. For Clone Wars era. & really! Why aren't Jango Fett, Asajj Ventress, Cad Bane & Windu on this game yet? Sorry but you should be paying me for this last one. The Emperor has 2 lightning casting hands, Hello? Please patch us a Y button Solution to switch to TWO Lightsabers. They should come right out of his sleeves & back in disguised when not attacking or blocking. & he should talk way more trash.

But to be truthful. U guys did great work on updates.
    SCOUNDREL 00
    :)

• New mode stopped working last night. Loads up to fighter select then wont let me select anyone. You can stick this 1 map garbage where the sun dont shine.
  • Yeah, new mode was really fun while it worked. Now it doesn't work, I get stuck in the player select screen an sthats it. So I switch country servers and it just kicks me out when I load into a game. I'm sure most have this problem. There is 0 justification for this happening. It's called someone dropped the ball on this one. Incompetents truly on display here. Good job.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    35zudrmgjvu3.png

Incoming Transmission!

This update has been a much anticipated one, but it’s just around the corner! The headliner of this update is the new game mode, Capital Supremacy, but that by no means is all that’s coming. Brand new reinforcements and lightsaber combat changes are also arriving in this update, along with a number of tweaks and fixes that can be found below.

wk2gdubpyy0u.jpg

The brand-new game mode comes to Star Wars Battlefront II in this update. Capital Supremacy has players face off against one another in a large-scale nonlinear battle. Both sides fight hard to take down their enemy’s capital ship while conquering the disputed planet.

Read all about Capital Supremacy, here.

owkzy1py29vf.jpg

Getting past enemy lines (with or without a squad) can be crucial to breaking their defences. The ARC Trooper and BX-series Droid Commando are exemplary at this. Both are lethal combatants with excellent battlefront awareness.

Learn everything about these two new Infiltrator reinforcements, here.

sk7ok2vpjmlb.jpg

The lightsaber is a lethal tool that requires a tempered mind and skilled body to wield, not to mention prowess with the Force. With a lot of player feedback, we’ve updated lightsaber combat (including stamina changes) to provide an overall better player experience.

To learn about how this part of combat is changing, read up on it here.

krubrdhoxgl1.jpg

NEW CONTENT FEATURES
    • Added new game mode called Capital Supremacy, playable on a brand new map on Geonosis (Pipeline Junction West).
    • Added new interior maps inside the Republic Attack Cruiser and the Separatist Dreadnought, as part of the Capital Supremacy game mode.
    • Added the ability to play against and alongside AI online, as part of the Capital Supremacy game mode.
    • Added a new Infiltrator Reinforcement class which includes the ARC Trooper and the Commando Droid as playable Characters.
    • A new appearance for Count Dooku, Exquisite Pajamas, is now available to unlock for Credits and Crystals.
    • Added Geonosis - Trippa Hive to Hero Showdown.

QUALITY OF LIFE
    • The look of the Emote Wheel on the Collection menu has been updated to be consistent with the in-game Emote Wheel.
    • With Capital Supremacy, we have adjusted the Battle Point costs to reflect the change in value that the new Reinforcements introduce.

HERO CHANGES

Note: We will continue to monitor hero balance for changes in future updates.

Improved Lightsaber combat in a variety of ways:
    • Removed staggering when a player attacks an enemy who is blocking.
    • A Hero can no longer attack when they have no stamina.
    • Removed the stamina costs associated with pressing and holding block.
    • After being hit by a Lightsaber, players will not be able to be staggered by a Lightsaber attack for 0.8 seconds.
    • Added stamina costs to Darth Maul's attacks.
    • Balanced Rey's Insight and Darth Vader's Focused Rage abilities. They now each give 50% reduced stamina costs when active.

Re-balanced damage from existing Lightsaber Heroes:
    • Increased Darth Maul's Lightsaber damage from 100 to 120 points. Attack from behind bonus damage was increased from 20 to 30 points.
    • Increased Darth Vader's Lightsaber damage from 120 to 130 points. Attack from behind bonus damage was increased from 20 to 30 points.
    • Increased Yoda's Lightsaber damage from 115 to 125 points. Attack from behind bonus damage was increased from 20 to 25 points.
    • Increased Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber damage from 100 to 120 points. Attack from behind bonus damage was increased from 20 to 30 points.
    • Increased Rey's Lightsaber damage from 110 to 120 points.
    • Fixed an issue that would allow certain Heroes and Troopers to still shoot or block during the falling or freezing animations.
    • Fixed an issue where Kylo Ren's Pull and Darth Maul's Choke Hold abilities would occasionally activate twice when an enemy is in the same place, as the last time the abilities were used.
    • Fixed several issues with abilities and weapons occasionally not properly outlining enemies. The improvements affect Lando Calrissian's X-8 Night Sniper, Bossk's Predator ability and Boba Fett's For the Hunt ability.

ANAKIN SKYWALKER
    • Improved the timing of Anakin's abilities, to allow for more timely attacks after an ability is performed.
    • Adjusted the button placement for Anakin's abilities to allow for more intuitive controls.
    - Left trigger - Pull Dominance
    - Middle trigger - Heroic Impact
    - Right trigger - Passionate strike
    • Fixed an issue where Anakin would be unable to attack or cast abilities if he was stunned by an ability while "Retribution" was active.
    • Edited the description text of Anakin's Heroic Impact ability for clarity.
    • Edited the description text of Anakin's Pressure Star Card for clarity.
    • Fixed various clipping issues with Anakin's Victory Poses.

LUKE SKYWALKER
    • Fixed an issue where Luke Skywalker's Star Cards would be unequipped after consecutive rounds of Heroes Vs. Villains.

OBI-WAN KENOBI
    • Increased active duration of Restrictive Mind Trick ability from 3 to 4.5 seconds.
    • Fixed an issue that would not allow players to use their secondary fire when under the influence of Obi-Wan's Restrictive Mind Trick ability.

COUNT DOOKU
    • Slightly improved the animation of characters when under the influence of Count Dooku's "Expose Weakness" ability.
    • Fixed various clipping issues with Count Dooku's Victory Poses.
    • Fixed an issue where Count Dooku's Foolish emote would be missing lip sync

BOSSK
    • Fixed an issue where the Predator Resilience Star Card would grant more damage than stated on Epic rarity.

BOBA FETT
    • Corrected the values on the Anti-Hero Rockets Star Card for accuracy. The ability should deal 12 points of bonus damage per rocket at Epic rarity.

EMPEROR PALPATINE
    • Fixed an issue that would occasionally slow down a character's overall speed and animations when being affected by Emperor Palpatine's abilities.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause Lightsaber Heroes' blocking functionality to break if they blocked the Electrocute ability inside the Dark Aura ability range.

YODA
    • Fixed an issue where Yoda's blocking would lose its functionality after using the Presence ability right when a crowd control ability was used on him.

DARTH VADER
    • Fixed an issue where the Deflection Stamina Star Card would have no functionality on Epic rarity.

HAN SOLO
    • Fixed an issue where Han Solo's Shoulder Charge ability would not knock over the enemy if used in close-range.

GENERAL GRIEVOUS
    • Fixed an issue where General Grievous would no longer be able to block projectiles when using his Unrelenting Advance ability after previously holding the block button.

CHEWBACCA
    • Fixed an issue where the Multi-Shock Star Card would have no functionality on Epic rarity.

CAPTAIN PHASMA
    • Fixed a visual clipping issue visible while performing Captain Phasma's Not Easy emote.

LANDO CALRISSIAN
    • Fixed an issue that would show character outlines and username tags even through Lando's Smoke Grenade.

KYLO REN
    • Fixed an issue where a combination of Kylo Ren's Freeze and Pull ability would cause the blocking functionality of other Lightsaber Heroes to break.

GAME MODE AND MAP CHANGES

GALACTIC ASSAULT
    • Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause players to be automatically kicked out of Galactic Assault matchmaking if they were waiting in the pre-round for more than 5 minutes.

STRIKE
    • Fixed an issue with the team size balance restrictions on Strike being incorrect. Strike will not require perfectly balanced teams for a match to begin.

JAKKU
    • Fixed an issue with invisible walls on Jakku that players could hide behind.

GALACTIC ASSAULT - GEONOSIS
    • Added Hailfire Droids firing missiles as a Battle Beyond element on Geonosis.

ARCADE CHANGES
    • Fixed an issue where the Separatist Droid animations would occasionally break when crouching on Geonosis

SQUAD SPAWN CHANGES
    • Enabled the messaging for when a player is being spawned on. No battle points are awarded in that event.
    • Fixed an issue where the player would occasionally hear no sound when spectating other players from the Squad Spawn screen.

VEHICLE CHANGES
    • Fixed an issue where the AT-ST, AAT, and STAP Speeder would not receive damage from basic Lightsaber attacks.
    • Fixed an issue where the crosshair of the AT-RT would not align with the fired projectile.
    • Improved the functionality of the horizon level meter on the AT-TE's Ion Charge crosshair.
    • Polished VFX when using the LAAT Ray weapon

CHANGES TO CLASSES AND SPECIAL UNITS
    • Fixed several issues with abilities and weapons occasionally not properly outlining enemies. The improvements affect the Assault's Scan Dart and CR-2 Night Vision Scope, the Heavy's FWMB-10K Night Vision Scope, the Officer's SE-44C Night Vision Scope and the Specialist's Thermal Binoculars.
    • Fixed an issue where the user would occasionally not spawn with the correct appearance when rapidly changing from one Class to another.
    • Fixed an issue where the Specialist's shield would remain active after they are defeated.
    • Fixed a visual issue with the Navy Officer's head mesh upon spawn.
    • Fixed an issue where using a melee attack would cause the weapon of the Assault, Heavy, Specialist class to be misaligned with their hands.
    • Increased damage reduction on the Epic rarity of the Bodyguard Star Card to allow non-Heavy Troopers to survive a Thermal Detonator.

GENERAL CHANGES/MISC
    • Fixed an issue where the names of certain emotes would not fit accurately in the allocated space of the Emote Wheel.
    • Fixed an issue where players could retrigger an emote quickly at the end of an emote animation.
    • Improved readability of player names in the chat menu against certain backgrounds.
    • Fixed an issue where idle-kick rules wouldn't work if a player joins a game through the social hub while a match is in progress.
    • Fixed an issue where unlocking certain emotes would trigger an error and the player would have to reboot the title to access the emote.
    • Updated the User Agreement that is present in-game.
    • Fixed an issue where Lightsaber audio would be heard while in the Customize Star Cards menu for Lightsaber Heroes.
    • Fixed an issue where some heroes would be performing their Frontend menu animation when being selected on the spawn screen.

KNOWN ISSUES
    • Due to a late balancing change, the ability description texts for Rey's Insight and Darth Vader's Focused Rage abilities have not been updated with the latest changes. The description text will be corrected at a later update.

Thank you for fixing the at rt aim
  • The new game mode needs better credit pay out ill place first or second on a 45 minute game and only get 5-600 credits which is about how much you get for a 15 minute hvv match
  • I'm having a problem when I get the republic side it glitches out the respawns for everyone not letting anyone play
This discussion has been closed.