criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Changing Anakin's buttons was a TERRIBLE decision

Peepzilla
931 posts Member
edited March 26
Of all the bad choices they've made, changing Anakin's buttons is officially top of this list.

The mapping is what it should have been when he was released, but now he's been out forever and players have muscle memory of his abilities. IT COST ME AN ENTIRE GAME OF CS BECAUSE YOU SWITCHED PULL AND HM.

What were they thinking? People on the forums pointed out that the abilities were not matched with other heroes when he was released -- why they screwed that up who knows -- but it's WAY too late to change that now.

We know have to slow down and relearn keys?! These devs are CLUELESS on how to run a game. ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS

Replies

• It's definitely not too late to change.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • GrayOne
    406 posts Member
    They are the worst, like the 5 of them there are
  • The new mode is boring, long and repetitive. And on top of that Anakin is still OP and his buttons are literally all confused and switched around.

This game is hopeless.
  • GrayOne wrote: »
    They are the worst, like the 5 of them there are

Haha agreed. You'd think one person out of five people in that studio would have common sense. NOPE.
  • What are his button layouts now?
  • Hahaha ... Well I think I've only managed to play him twice since launch so I don't think I'll notice

Nah, you'll be golden. It's the layout they should have mapped for him originally. I think it's ludicrous to change it this long after he came out.
  • Xerogon
    464 posts Member
    They’re perfect for me now, before they were odd ball. I can understand why many GA connoisseurs will hate the new mode, ai is better than 90% of the player base.
  • Xerogon wrote: »
    They’re perfect for me now, before they were odd ball. I can understand why many GA connoisseurs will hate the new mode, ai is better than 90% of the player base.

Muscle memory is stronger than consciously recognizing they are in the right order now. That's the issue here.
  • Peepzilla
    931 posts Member
    edited March 26
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    It's definitely not too late to change.

For people who have him level 40 and have grinded him and his playstyle it is WAYYYY to late and because of muscle memory we are now suddenly at an extreme disadvantage.

Don't know if you know much about video games, but changing critical button mapping on a whim is never usually done. There should at least be an option to keep it the same, if so.
    Deal with it.

Like I have a choice Mr. Internet Tough Guy. It's still a horrible decision.
  • Psy3d
    677 posts Member
    Imho this was the best change the whole update since I always screwed up with Kylo/Luke/Yoda. But yeah will take some time to get used to
  • Psy3d wrote: »
    Imho this was the best change the whole update since I always screwed up with Kylo/Luke/Yoda. But yeah will take some time to get used to

I don't want to get used to it. Give me the option to keep my button mapping as it was laid out, just like any other game would provide.

I've NEVER in my life heard of developers randomly changing entire critical button layouts for a multiplayer game without at least offering players the ability to keep the original.
  • TastyNoob wrote: »
    Get use to it, its not like your actually putting in a Mortal Kombat 20 button combo.

If you understand how to play Anakin (it's not hard) you're combo-ing often. This garbled mapping and switching it around suddenly breaks that for players who have learned to use him as he was released.
  • Kazuz_ido
    10 posts Member
    edited March 26
    I whole heartedly agree, this was done waaay too late and leaves me at a disadvantage...however it does feel like the way it should be...he pulls with his left hand L1 he strikes with right hand R1 and heroic might uses both hands L1+R1
  • Phyxsius wrote: »
    Muscle memory is developed over longer periods of time than one measly month.

Get over it.

Lol it does not take that long sure as hell not one month.

I agree that its stupid that they keep moving abilitys around feels like this happens for every hero they release they really need to stop moving them around sense its just pointless and annoying.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • I'd venture to say that one month in the grand spectrum of this game's lifetime isn't too bad. I'm sure we'll all get used to it.

ya we will get used to it just like the others that have been changed but its still pointless and annoying.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • As someone who's barely played Annie but thought this should have been the mapping from the beginning, I welcome this change.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • I miss the days of custom controls...
  • I think it's good - it's consistent with the rest of the heroes - yes it is disorienting at first, and they should have done it this way at release, but really no big deal - you won't notice in a day or so
  • I've been playing against annakins for the last hour and they don't seem to have much of a problem. My advice is get over it.
  • I'd venture to say that one month in the grand spectrum of this game's lifetime isn't too bad. I'm sure we'll all get used to it.

All five of you.
    My name is Bob

• Liz4rD
    996 posts Member
    Dont buy an automatic gear car if you got manual gear shifting car. Or viceversa.

It could be deadly in your case.

;)
  • Liz4rD
    996 posts Member
    And wow Ive just imagined how difficult must have been going from a PC with a mouse to a tablet with a finger Uuuuuuh, harsh
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Dont buy an automatic gear car if you got manual gear shifting car. Or viceversa.

It could be deadly in your case.

;)

👏👏👏 Now that's some funny **** 😂🤣
  • I have Anakin @ 40, so it’ll be somewhat annoying getting use to another layout...but...oh well
    PSN: DarthLando-

EXACTLY please keep it how it is now, it’s perfect!
  • Hahaha ... Well I think I've only managed to play him twice since launch so I don't think I'll notice

Me too, lol... For the record I think I'm just around the level 15 with him. I guess it's a benefit for all us players out here who either weren't in a mad dash till level 40 him, or who just weren't able to be the quickest to hog select him... At least in HvV, lol.
  • It took no time getting use to. It just works as it should. use passionate strike with saber finger, duh! heroic might makes you stagnant so using both LB RB just makes sense. And I can look more easily and target players with pull dominance mapped to LB. For the Xbox it should have been this way from the beginning. now if you play on PC or PS4, I can't speak to that as I do not know how those controls play. But I do feel your frustrations with this game, however, I can give you no sympathy or mercy, for it for the weak.
    6a9xqx1rp67z.jpg
  • Lol. Get a grip PeepZilla. 🙄
  • anidriX
    856 posts Member
    Well, I already had him at level 40 and changing his layout made me play horribly for a while because all 3 were moved. While it definitely was annoying, it's not such a big deal, I'll get used to it.
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    Of all the bad choices they've made, changing Anakin's buttons is officially top of this list.

The mapping is what it should have been when he was released, but now he's been out forever and players have muscle memory of his abilities. IT COST ME AN ENTIRE GAME OF CS BECAUSE YOU SWITCHED PULL AND HM.

What were they thinking? People on the forums pointed out that the abilities were not matched with other heroes when he was released -- why they screwed that up who knows -- but it's WAY too late to change that now.

We know have to slow down and relearn keys?! These devs are CLUELESS on how to run a game. ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS

Did you also forget to wear your diapers today? #manbaby
  • Maybe that was they're way of nerfing him so they wouldn't actually nerf him. hey, I can dream.
  • brienj
    679 posts Member
    It only takes about ten matches to get him to level 40, so it can't be THAT much muscle memory. It's basically easy mode playing with him.
  • E_ABZU
    447 posts Member
    Pansies!
  • Chico
    359 posts Member
    So some people might not be able to go 100+ in GA for a couple of days while they get used to the change? Boo-hoo. Let's all shed a tear for them. This change makes sense, as has been said before, learn to deal with it.
  • New_Roosterman
    501 posts Member
    edited March 27
    Peepzilla wrote: »

Been out "forever"? He was released on 27 February 2019. That is hardly "a long time".
    51bvn954fmlp.png