criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

More ported maps; no need to remaster

2Next

Replies

• Porting maps?
    6rgn14w2h8g2.gif
  • F8RGE
    916 posts EA Community Manager
    I recall one of the Devs saying that porting over maps from the last game and remastering them would take 70% of the time required to create a new map. How long would it take to implement a map that was not remastered?

Even if we just "port" a map over, there is still significant work involved in getting it working.
  • Wolfman91
    647 posts Member
    edited March 26
    F8RGE wrote: »
    I recall one of the Devs saying that porting over maps from the last game and remastering them would take 70% of the time required to create a new map. How long would it take to implement a map that was not remastered?

Even if we just "port" a map over, there is still significant work involved in getting it working.

Totally worth it ;)

Recently bought Battlefront 2015. It's almost dead (PC) and there are cheaters in almost every lobby, but the maps are AMAZING ! Feel so Star Wars. Would love to see them in Battlefront 2.
  • F8RGE wrote: »

Totally worth it if it means we get Bespin for the new mode ;)
  • Especially that Walker Assault map on Bespin.
  • Especially that Walker Assault map on Bespin.

That is the one I'm talking about, would be so awesome if we got that for Capital supremacy

No ones denying that however the time taken and resources needed pale in comparison to a map made from scratch, bespin, survivors of endor and jabbas palace all took significant less time to port over that it took for geonosis to be developed
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member

How much work would be needed (estimate) to make OOM-9 using the Officer Droid model while using stuff already in the game to make up his powers and weapons?

QDkgO1P.gif?noredirect
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

Space and Asteroids ROMG4

So, does this mean the team are or aren’t willing to do the work in order to port maps over from the last game?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • DarthJ
    6773 posts Member
    OOM19 wrote: »

How much work would be needed (estimate) to make OOM-9 using the Officer Droid model while using stuff already in the game to make up his powers and weapons?

QDkgO1P.gif?noredirect

hehe...'rogering intensifies'...
    PSN: ibrajoker59

This, in addition to Scarif for CS.
    “I find that answer vague and unconvincing.” – K-2SO
    "In my book, experience outranks everything." - Captain Rex
  • TheScape
    2265 posts Member

This, in addition to Scarif for CS.

Scarif for CS could be a great choice (even more if they bring shoretroopers as a skin back).
    May your heart be your guiding key.

So, does this mean the team are or aren’t willing to do the work in order to port maps over from the last game?

I think it comes down to how much work is that, probably they would if it were that convenient, but I heard reddit pretty much decided they don't want ports so we'll never know, I for one would like having all the maps from 2015 in here, it would be so grand and epic, sure it will be a lot of OT but who cares.
  • On a side note, tagging community managers ain't really something to do, it's the same as spamming, it's more likely they will ignore you that way