criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

It's time to give Maul a block (and Yoda)

And plz don't say he's fine. He's not after the new stamina system and Obi-Wan and Anakin. He's just in the lowest tier of heroes. He can't properly defend from abilities, and since Anakin is in his dodge seems unreliable, but that's not it. Few... and I mean only a VERY FEW times your dodge works and evades an ability. Anakins seems to not care for evading tho and still gets you. Specially retribution. But when the enemy team has a half decent Obi that actually knows he has a mind trick, Maul is done for. Can't block, can't evade, can't dash (spin attack) The only thing he can do is jump But Anakin can easily pull him or get blastered by Han (or regulars in GA). Maul is trash now. He needs a block or don't give him stamina costs at all. You can't have it half ways.

At least Yoda can block blaster. Maul should, on the opposite side, at least block sabers (and abilities).

Replies

• The fact that maul and yoda don’t have a block is the dumbest thing ever and has plaques the game from the start , .. in Star Wars lore they can block, they have lightsabers!! Are there’s different from everyone else’s saber to the point that they can’t block another saber? I don’t think so . I never understood why I didn’t like playing with maul or yoda and why I died so easy untill I figured out they have no block ... crazy devs
  • I've been saying this since day 1. Yoda sword duels the **** out with Palpatine and Dooku in the movies, but apparently not in this game. So stupid.
  • Maybe give Maul a small block time where his stamina goes down really quickly after just blocking twice so he can at least defend himself from Anakin's Heroic Might. Also Luke should have damage reduction before his Repulse ability is unleashed because Luke is completely vulnerable during the delay before his Repulse ability is unleashed.
  • I totally agree...
  • I personally think all that needs to be changed is Anakin i have no problem killing lightsaber heroes with maul.
  • LOOKS LIKE DICE LISTENED AND THEY ARE FINALLY GIVING MAUL A BLOCK!
  • I agree +
  • OcDoc
    1094 posts Member
    edited April 1
    I don’t like it!

I don’t want all saber heroes to be the same. Just buff their other abilities a little.

They are both very elusive which helps make up for the lack of block. And Yoda can block, just not sabers.

Bad suggestion!

Post edited by OcDoc on
  • Odinnir
    31 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »
    I don’t like it!

I don’t want all saber heroes to be the same. Just buff their other abilities a little.

They are both very elusive which helps make up for the lack of block. And Yoda can block, just not sabers.

Bad suggestion!

Let me guess, console? They are not nearly elusive enough in PC and with the addition of Anakin and Obi Wan Maul is just the lowest tier of hero now.
  • i agree that maul has been debuffed severely with this update and yoda needs a better way to defend attacks but a block might ruin their current fighting style. i would prefer a timed block that would allow both of them to dodge saber attacks and a proper force block and laser deflect/reflect while holding the block button. i would like to see rush skills to do dmg even if your opponent is blocking so that players won't just hold a def stance all the time, specially if most or all of their skills are attacks

with this yoda and maul would keep their aggressive fighting style,