criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Capital Supremacy and Heroes - What would you prefer?

Replies

• SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Lightside heroes overpower the dark side villains, it makes no sense to have 4. Darth Maul should have NEVER received a Stamina bar. Makes no sense what so ever to have it.
  • As many heroes as possible.

Two options. CS Heroes Unleashed and CS Trooper Mode

No.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Two heroes in my opinion. Let's us have good gun play and requires more strategy for both heroes since they can't be at all 5 capture points at once. And its a change of pace from GA's heavy hero gameplay, which i always thought would be more entertaining with less heroes. Last phases as a trooper can frustrating getting killed by a countless barrage of heroes.

And finally i think Anakin is ok, just tweak his retribution a bit
  • The clone wars had heroes on the BATTLEFRONT. I'm pretty sure that was the main thing that the Jedi were doing during the CW's, fighting at the front and leading the clone army. Almost every time I watched the cartoon they had Jedi in the battles. When I watched the prequels they focused on the Jedi/heroes. That's what the Star Wars story is about. This game is the only Star Wars 'action' title out. DICE would be stupid to not capitalize on that fact. This game caters more to the casual crowd for better or worse, but it's a business decision. Removing heroes is not a popular thing to do no matter what these polls here show. While there's a good amount of votes here, this is a tiny portion of the playerbase. I don't think I've ran into any of the prominent members here in my play.
  • The clone wars had heroes on the BATTLEFRONT. I'm pretty sure that was the main thing that the Jedi were doing during the CW's, fighting at the front and leading the clone army. Almost every time I watched the cartoon they had Jedi in the battles. When I watched the prequels they focused on the Jedi/heroes. That's what the Star Wars story is about. This game is the only Star Wars 'action' title out. DICE would be stupid to not capitalize on that fact. This game caters more to the casual crowd for better or worse, but it's a business decision. Removing heroes is not a popular thing to do no matter what these polls here show. While there's a good amount of votes here, this is a tiny portion of the playerbase. I don't think I've ran into any of the prominent members here in my play.

Rofl...
    You should really read the Battlefront 2004 Design Document... Battlefront should always be all about the troopers, objectives and squad play first. It shouldnt be heroes vs villains with weaker units to boost your k/d (thats how battlefront 2 turned into).
    This constant obsession with heroes really ruined the current DICE games. It wasnt that bad in Battlefront 2015 but its pretty terrible with Battlefront 2.
    Funny that you say its a game for the casual crowd, but the casual crowd isnt playing this thing anymore. Thats my impression i get from every Match i experience on Xbox (EU Region). Only the last remaining hardcore and tryhards are playing this game.
    You will not see a match where somebody is not playing a hero and farming his k/d.

On top of that Battlefront for f... sake should be Battlefield with a Star Wars skin. That would mean proper modes like Conquest, 1st person only lobbys etc... Instead current Battlefront is a fail in every design choice. And they still havent got it with the current new gamemode.
  • first phase heroes: DS 0, LS 2 bcs DS can spam tanks instead. second phase DS 1, LS 1 so both objectives can't be camped by heroes. seems few, but keep in mind how many bp players are getting right now and that there will be no minute without heroes. also, the new reinforcements are pretty powerful from what i've seen.
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    If there was a decent HvV mode like the bf15 version then hero players could get their fix there

Unfortunately this versions HvV is utter trash so me & other players have to play GA or the new mode (if it ever works) to enjoy them

Another failure with this game
  • 4 heroes but nerf Anakin. He's worth 5 heroes all by himself.

This.
  • 20 heroes
  • As many heroes as possible.

yes 20 please
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Everyone should vote for 4 heroes. Make Heroes Unleashed perm for Capital ship, and GA

Finally something you say I can agree with lol. Conquest is about total chaos on the battlefield. The more vehicles and heroes, the better. It's not meant to be a safe linear situation like GA or Blast. It's not a KDR mode. It's about doing whatever it takes to control the most ground.

Are you serious? 😶
  • 4 heroes, I hate having BP to spend and having no heroes available to spend it on.

Play some vehicles or reinforcements then. Plenty options to spend points on.
  • hsf_
    1904 posts Member
    I voted for no heroes, however I wouldn't be bothered if it was 2 or less per side. 4 is just too many imo.
  • There you go! Polls!! Now we can truly have a say in a tangible metric than "this is what the community wanted."
  • There you go! Polls!! Now we can truly have a say in a tangible metric than "this is what the community wanted."

True, except the poll is pretty even, haha.
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • CypressHorn
    303 posts Member
    edited March 28
    There you go! Polls!! Now we can truly have a say in a tangible metric than "this is what the community wanted."

I think it is obvious without the poll what people want.
    Some want a lot of heroes.
    Some want no heroes.
    And some want a good mix.

If there are enough players, obvious answer would be to create an environment for each group.

Considering CS has two phases, two of the three groups could have a phase that fits them without creating multiple modes. Most likely, I expect CS to get 4 heroes on planetside and 2 in ships that should appease the want a lot of heroes group, but attempt to appease the good mix group as well. Considering ships have chokepoints, 2 heroes or 4 heroes don't matter much as heroes will be primary force at important spots in the second phase.

I'd prefer CS and GA to play differently so more people get what they want.

• I would prefer you learn how to properly develop a game. My interest in Jedi Fallen Order is now completely shot and you'll be lucky if I even bother to pirate it.
  • 4 heroes on the ground and 2 once you get boarded on the enemy ship. Most people I see complaining about 4 heroes is because of the ship part. On ground there’s plenty of space for 4 heroes
  • How about starfighters we can get into and then fly up to the capital ship? Oh, my bad. Four heroes since infiltrators are so op
  • 2 heroes.

Those who don't want any hero will rather have 2 than 4. Those who want 4 will rather have 2 than none. Those who want 2.. want 2. Pefect balance.
  • Please make a version of this game mode with troopers only to satisfy both sides of the playerbase? I personally would like 3 heroes for the ground and 2 on the capital ships but a lot of people seem to want 0 and i do not want this mode to end up with no heroes because of this poll.

How hard can it be to just remove the heroes and add another panel to the menu for a trooper only CS. This way everyone is happy and you have put in a miniscule amount of work to do this?
  • Ultras
    62 posts Member
    I would prefer receiving more credits, players play almost 40 min for 365 credits ridiculous...
  • ebrs872a3yft.png
    The poll is pretty even, but 2 heroes has a lead on the other choices.

Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png

Rofl...
    You should really read the Battlefront 2004 Design Document... Battlefront should always be all about the troopers, objectives and squad play first. It shouldnt be heroes vs villains with weaker units to boost your k/d (thats how battlefront 2 turned into).
    This constant obsession with heroes really ruined the current DICE games. It wasnt that bad in Battlefront 2015 but its pretty terrible with Battlefront 2.
    Funny that you say its a game for the casual crowd, but the casual crowd isnt playing this thing anymore. Thats my impression i get from every Match i experience on Xbox (EU Region). Only the last remaining hardcore and tryhards are playing this game.
    You will not see a match where somebody is not playing a hero and farming his k/d.

On top of that Battlefront for f... sake should be Battlefield with a Star Wars skin. That would mean proper modes like Conquest, 1st person only lobbys etc... Instead current Battlefront is a fail in every design choice. And they still havent got it with the current new gamemode.

There isn't even a Stat tracker and you're going on about K/D ratios? Only people who have an ego, just want to be a bad-*** or want to stream use their heroes to ignore the objective. I play the objective or close to it with my hero every time. So do lots of the people I see on my teams or opponents. Sure there's guys running around searching for kills but you have that regardless of heroes. Some people play every mode like it's blast. You can bring up BF 2005 all day, but it's 2019 now and there's no other Star Wars game out that has playable heroes like this one. If you have a problem with it that's too bad. I do too but I get on with the game. I'm on ps4 though so I don't often see huge killstreaks with any hero, even Ana
  • 4 is fine imo, IIFFFFFFFFFF Anakin is not included or toned way the blank down.
  • It would be nice if this mode simply worked first.
  • all the heroes
  • Jus no out of era ones. That's lame.
  • After reading everyone's comments, definitely valid points have been made. I can see 2 being a happy in between for heroes for the community.
    That is true to the movies and logical that there is Jedi fighting amongst the clones.
    Even though it is fun destroying troops with Heroes, it just feels like a race for heroes most of the time which I get tired of, I'd play extraction most of the time if there were more maps. That doesn't look to promising at this point.
    But again, I agree with others, you need to spend your battle points on something. And Heroes are true to the franchise.
    So yeah two works, but restrict them to say Obi, Yoda, Dooku and Grevious. Anakin over Yoda if/when he is a bit more balanced for large scale modes.
  • MillSmit
    268 posts Member
    edited March 28
    After reading everyone's comments, definitely valid points have been made. I can see 2 being a happy in between for heroes for the community.
    That is true to the movies and logical that there is Jedi fighting amongst the clones.
    Even though it is fun destroying troops with Heroes, it just feels like a race for heroes most of the time which I get tired of, I'd play extraction most of the time if there were more maps. That doesn't look to promising at this point.
    But again, I agree with others, you need to spend your battle points on something. And Heroes are true to the franchise.
    So yeah two works, but restrict them to say Obi, Yoda, Dooku and Grevious. Anakin over Yoda if/when he is a bit more balanced for large scale modes.

It is certainly interesting to read the comments and then go back and have a look at the results. Perhaps the majority who want 4 heroes voted but feel they will get shouted down if they tell us?
  • 2 is the perfect number. 4 are too many and makes the game unbalanced and chaotic. I'm tempted to say 1 per side, but 2 can be OK.
  • This pole is faulty.

It’s Heroes or No Heroes question first.

Then if heroes, how many.

Please take an accurate pole that would reflect the needs properly.
  • I don't think they are interested in pulling heroes altogether in this mode.
  • DJLutherKing
    212 posts Member
    edited March 28
    4 Heroes Nerf Anakin Skywalker and add more reinforcements!
  • Kenobi / Anakin & Dooku / Boba (in place of Jango)
    *If Anakin is unchanged - then the Dark Side will need some help... or make him more expensive*

• Xerogon
    517 posts Member
    edited March 29
    4 heroes, I hate having BP to spend and having no heroes available to spend it on.

Just think, with no heroes this won’t be an issue.
  • This is so super easy, I have the perfect solution... Why is nobody thinking this? We don't need just 2, it isn't enough... And we don't want 4, it's way too many... Simple answer, we need 3 heroes. Anakin, Obi Wan, and Yoda... Vs... Dooku, Grievous, and Maul. All prequel era :)
  • 4 Heroes Nerf Anakin Skywalker and add more reinforcements!

More reinforcements. There's already 5 on the map on each side.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Wait, is the mode not out yet? My gold expired so I couldn’t check.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Halpen4 wrote: »
    This is so super easy, I have the perfect solution... Why is nobody thinking this? We don't need just 2, it isn't enough... And we don't want 4, it's way too many... Simple answer, we need 3 heroes. Anakin, Obi Wan, and Yoda... Vs... Dooku, Grievous, and Maul. All prequel era :)

I wouldn’t mind this. Personally, my two opinions on this are...
    # of Heroes Per Side:
    1. 0 on Ground and 2 on Capital Ships to help push objectives
    2. 4 on Ground and 2 on Capital Ships

I also voted for no heroes originally, but I personally wouldn’t mind whatever they do. I like playing as heroes in GA and CS, but I also wouldn’t mind some trooper-only gameplay, especially on the ground section of CS.
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • Arockstar2
    707 posts Member
    edited March 29
    I really hope they decide on 4 heroes at a time (or the 3 suggested above would even be nice) despite the popular opinion of this forum. Capital Supremacy is a pretty fast based and chaotic mode, in a good way, and I’m really enjoying it. I’m finding that in this chaos, heroes really aren’t the OP characters (BESIDES ANAKIN) that people are acting like they are. Especially with special classes, you can hold your own very well against a hero. Also, oftentimes I find I’m traveling in a mass group of players while taking on command posts, and enemy heroes are much more vulnerable. Lastly, I haven’t seen anyone mention the problem of people camping the spawn screen for heroes, which happens A LOT and thereby takes players out of the game. (This is what happens with only a max of 2 heroes). As of playing a few minutes ago, I found that a number of people were doing this. I was really tempted to do so as well, considering I was sitting on a plethora of battlepoints and every time I looked for a hero they both were taken...

On a side note, if this mode was a TRUE 32v32, then the issue of hero numbers wouldn’t even be a problem. :|