criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

We want More Females!

Prev1345
Qira (Light side)

Padme amidala (Epi 1 Young and Genosis ver)

Aalaya Secura

Jyn Erso

Balista Shan

SAbine Wren

Replies

• Who's Balista Shan?
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Spiito
    1788 posts Member
    I don't see enough aliens on that list.

But ... Yes, more females, please, specifically of the non-human variety.

If they added all the females for the light-side, we'd essentially have a new Clone army of brunettes with blasters... SMH.
  • Secura would be awesome!
  • Spiito wrote: »

If they added all the females for the light-side, we'd essentially have a new Clone army of brunettes with blasters... SMH.

Nobody wants to play as alien scum.
  • Spiito
    1788 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    [...]

Cartoon characters not needed.
    aayla-secura-lego-star-wars-iii-the-clone-wars-58.4.jpg

Ayla counts as a cartoon character. She has way more appearances in comics & animated stories than in the films.

Grievous isn't even a singular tangible human actor. He is literally a Toon, in the movies. Would you ask for his removal from the game? // Have you?

-_-

• Nah. Other than Padme I don’t care about the rest.

I’d take Ki Adi Mundi, Mace Windu, Qui Gon or Kid Fisto anytime over any of those fighty tuffy girls.
    Make Maul great again.

Burn the alien, kill the mutant, purge the unclean.
  • Qira (Light side)

Aalaya Secura

Jyn Erso

Balista Shan

SAbine Wren

Nobody knows who Balista Shan is. Silly request.
  • Who Bastila Shan?

Heresy! Lol

Though she doesn’t need to be the game because A: She KOTOR so non-canon and B: why would she be a game 4000 years after her time?

I think Padmé, Aayla Secura, and Jyn would be nice, but I’m fairly certain it’ll end up being Padmé, Ahsoka, and Asajj Ventress. Maybe around August or September
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • MillSmit
    220 posts Member
    edited March 28
    Seeing as they managed to take bounty hunters like Bossk and Dengar and expand them into awesome characters to play (bring back Dengar!), perhaps they could do a cool reinvention of Zam Wessel into someone who could be really formidable :)

Also just a thought: if we get Padme, please could she have the trooper's "choked" emote?
  • MillSmit wrote: »
    Seeing as they managed to take bounty hunters like Bossk and Dengar and expand them into awesome characters to play (bring back Dengar!), perhaps they could do a cool reinvention of Zam Wessel into someone who could be really formidable :)

Zam
    nci1kme12g6h.jpeg
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • The females I would like once they take care of the rest of the game and get back onto heroes.

ut3jq3l0gc0m.jpeg

Would love to see Aurra Sing actually
  • We have enough heros in this game.We should get the infiltration class for the other two eras

Burn the alien, kill the mutant, purge the unclean.

A true servant of The Emperor!
  • You all have forgotten about the most important woman in the star wars, Rose.
  • Would love to see more female hero/villain characters. Last year, Dennis (BF2's design director) said they had plans for more female characters, so here's hoping the next few batches of heroes/villains include some female characters.
  • Spiito
    1788 posts Member
    edited March 28
    We have enough heroes in this game. We should get the infiltration class for the other two eras

This is somewhat agreeable.

*Edit* Here's an idea, make the new classes for the other eras females.

• ZephanUnbound
    1984 posts Member
    edited March 28
    Qira (Light side)

Aalaya Secura

Jyn Erso

Balista Shan

SAbine Wren

Nobody knows who Balista Shan is. Silly request.

That's because Balista Shan doesn't exist. Bastilla Shan on the other hand is pretty well known, KOTOR was played by over 5 million people. Anybody that plays EA's mobile Star Wars game also knows who she is, because she is one of the best Jedi Leader characters in that game, her Battle Meditation ability gives every Jedi on her team a 3x more powerful shield.
  • TjPunx
    1415 posts Member
    Please no kid cartoon characters
  • Relmets
    2197 posts Member
    boring hero snoozefest
    [+3748 posts]
  • lowell
    764 posts Member
    TjPunx wrote: »
    Please no kid cartoon characters

Everybody's on the list, not just animated characters, depending who got a lot of appearances. Even Saw Gerrera from Rogue One was an animated character from TCW. The medium does not represent their chance.
  • No Padmé. Any other female is a better choice. Well, aside from that mechanic in the ST.
  • Qira (Light side)

Aalaya Secura

Jyn Erso

Balista Shan

SAbine Wren

someone needs to get out
  • I could get behind this since well I am female but eh all my favorite characters are in the game already. Though I would like to see to jyn erso possibly make a reappearance favorite character from 2015.
  • lowell
    764 posts Member
    0Skywalker wrote: »
    Qira (Light side)

Aalaya Secura

Jyn Erso

Balista Shan

SAbine Wren

someone needs to get out

Anyone who isn't in the current canon.
  • Jyn Erso and moving the content now in the direction of the old trilogy would be amazing.
    For Clone Wars Aayla Secura, Shaak Ti, Padme, Aurra Sing etc would be also a nice addition, but i don't think that we will see those characters in Battlefront 2, sadly.
  • I don't understand why gender is important?
  • lowell
    764 posts Member
    I don't understand why gender is important?

Most of the heroes in the game so far is male.
  • lowell wrote: »

So?
  • lowell
    764 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »

So?

Can't we get more heroes that are female?

So?

Why? I am totally cool with more content but it has to be good content. Whether a hero is male or female is irrelevant. Game play and star wars icon status is the most important thing. Not saying that females do not fall into that category, but should be added because of gameplay and status .. not just because they are female.
  • lowell
    764 posts Member

So?

Why? I am totally cool with more content but it has to be good content. Whether a hero is male or female is irrelevant. Game play and star wars icon status is the most important thing. Not saying that females do not fall into that category, but should be added because of gameplay and status .. not just because they are female.

This game has been trying to be more representative of the canon so things outside of the films should be brought in and there are certain things that are better than the films at times. I really don't think the films should be on the only thing considered or being a priority. Whatever content is good deserves to be in the game regardless of medium but also I'm just looking at Battlefront 2015 and we got only Leia and Jyn and this game only has Leia, Rey, Phasma, and Iden. We didn't even get Seyn Marana who died in the campaign's prequel novel as multiplayer along with Del and Hask, even Zay and Shriv would've been cool to be playable in multiplayer. I'm just wondering if lack of representation in the game so far makes sense if Lucasfilm is able to do representation in future content that doesn't disrupt the classic storytelling they're known for.

So?

Why are you indignant at the idea of adding female characters (that - spoiler! - you would never, ever, ever have to play as if you didn’t want to!)? When you were 8 or 12 or 15 or whatever, would you have been excited to play as Rey or leia? Some people want to choose a character they identify with when playing an immersive game. I don’t get why people are so dismissive of adding characters that may appeal to people who are different from you.

I’m guessing you don’t have a daughter/niece/little sister? Maybe you’d feel differently if you did. Rey isn’t necessarily my all-time favorite SW character, but I love that my niece goes nutso for her (so much better for her to look up to Rey than Lara Croft or Twerky McCleavage or any other negative influence).

Anyway — I vote for Jyn and Padme.
  • Aye Jyn Jyn Jyn Jyn!
    The time has come at last, to throw away this mask...

So?

Why are you indignant at the idea of adding female characters (that - spoiler! - you would never, ever, ever have to play as if you didn’t want to!)? When you were 8 or 12 or 15 or whatever, would you have been excited to play as Rey or leia? Some people want to choose a character they identify with when playing an immersive game. I don’t get why people are so dismissive of adding characters that may appeal to people who are different from you.

I’m guessing you don’t have a daughter/niece/little sister? Maybe you’d feel differently if you did. Rey isn’t necessarily my all-time favorite SW character, but I love that my niece goes nutso for her (so much better for her to look up to Rey than Lara Croft or Twerky McCleavage or any other negative influence).

I have 2 sisters and a daughter. Just because someone's female or male doesn't make it good. Or worthwhile
  • lowell
    764 posts Member

So?

It's like with Ahsoka, when TCW movie and series debuted, there was a lot of anger towards her and when she left the Jedi Order in Season 5, fans were devastated she was leaving. Even Ashley Eckstein and Dave Filoni said at Celebration panels, fans didn't like her character at first but their affection towards her grew over the course of the series as her character development evolved.

So?

It's like with Ahsoka, when TCW movie and series debuted, there was a lot of anger towards her and when she left the Jedi Order in Season 5, fans were devastated she was leaving. Even Ashley Eckstein and Dave Filoni said at Celebration panels, fans didn't like her character at first but their affection towards her grew over the course of the series as her character development evolved.

I would suggest it had nothing to do with her being female tho.

So?

I have 2 sisters and a daughter. Just because someone's female or male doesn't make it good. Or worthwhile

So why are padme, jyn, Ahsoka, Ventress, not “good”’or “worthwhile”?

When people ask for Mace, no one dismisses rhe idea. So why be so critical of having female characters?

Never mind. I’m not going to bother with this.
  • lowell
    764 posts Member

So?

I would suggest it had nothing to do with her being female tho.

It was because she was a teenager like Ezra and Sabine were in Rebels. The shows have young protagonists but they eventually grow to be working alongside the heroes we know through the big screen. Trust has to be built up and it was earned over the course of the series like the master and apprentice relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin is similar to Anakin and Ahsoka. Both Obi-Wan and Anakin didn't want to be teaching apprentices but Qui-Gon and Yoda placed them into these positions because they knew they were ready to take on new responsibilities. Ahsoka is an adult at the Siege of Mandalore when ROTS takes place. Ezra and Sabine were already adults when they liberated Lothal from the Empire and that was a year before Rogue One. Even Saw abandoned Jyn around when Rebels started because he knew he had taught her enough during her time with the Partisans to take care of herself because he couldn't risk getting her killed when people were almost starting to realize she was Galen's daughter.

So?

When people ask for Mace, no one dismisses rhe idea. So why be so critical of having female characters?

OMG. I'm not saying they aren't. My only point is just because of someone's gender does not make them a good addition . Therefore a thread saying we need more females is actually not inclusive. 'We need more good content' is more relevent. Gender is not important.

But you're right. I don't think I'm explaining myself very well. I wasn't trying to offend anyone so I'll just leave it.

So?

They are good and worthwhile, it's just that character should come first. Who cares if they're male or female if they are good characters. If being male or female is one their main defining trait and that's all they have, that's not good character development. Diversity for diversity's sake in a story never ends well. It always ends up feeling forced. I always try to make a good character first, with their sex just being a piece of their character.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • JediJulius
    501 posts Member
    edited March 28

So?

People aren’t asking for Mace on the sole basis that he is a male.

I’m one of the people who supports getting Ashoka, Ventress, Padme, Jyn, etc. in the game, but’s it’s because they are cool characters in the Star Wars universe that could play a part in the game, not because they are women.