criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Community Transmission - Capital Supremacy

123457Next

Replies

• Spergicide wrote: »
    Having played the new mode for . first time, I think it's awesome. The ground phase is very nostalgic with the announcer calling out whether your gaining or losing command posts while the interiors of the ships are very well done. I hope they add the locations (all three of them) to arcade mode while they should also expand the other two eras into the new mode (maybe a Battle of Jakku map for the OT and some other map for ST). The new infiltrator reinforcements are pretty fun to play as as well. As for Count Dooku's exquisite pajamas, they're not what I expected. He looks more like he just came from karate class at the YMCA :). Just my 2 cents on everything.

This mode would be cool in Arcade.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • I am experiencing an issue from time to time after joining a new match of this mode. I am in the spawn screen, but I am not able to join, no matter how long I wait. If I return to the class selection screen, I am not even able to go to the spawn screen anymore, since I am not allowed to select a class...

__

happened now several times in a row

i think need 20v20 to start; pause screen, look at scoreboard. will test tonight
  • I am experiencing an issue from time to time after joining a new match of this mode. I am in the spawn screen, but I am not able to join, no matter how long I wait. If I return to the class selection screen, I am not even able to go to the spawn screen anymore, since I am not allowed to select a class...

__

happened now several times in a row

Servers are crashing, can't find any game where it is not hanging. Devs have said they are investigating the crashes.
  • What the hell, just tried joining 12 games. They don't work, and good luck trying to wait for full lobby......
  • harmless2_7567
    55 posts Member
    edited March 26
    (Moved to Capital Supremacy Update post)
    Post edited by harmless2_7567 on
    “I find that answer vague and unconvincing.” – K-2SO
    "In my book, experience outranks everything." - Captain Rex
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Wow...

Honest to Christ even I'm disappointed and my expectations were literally NOTHING.

"Along side the announcement of more content from the Clone Wars coming to Star Wars™ Battlefront II at EA Play 2018 was the confirmation that a new, large scale game mode would also be arriving."

Not exactly a good idea to remind people that this was announced almost a year ago when this is all it is.

People wanted a nonlinear more open experience so this whole "you will go to the capital ship" "you will return to the surface" all seem to go against that, what was wrong with just doing the capital post thing?

AI troops? Who plays an ONLINE PVP MULTIPLAYER GAME to play against AI?

The capital ships sound like close quarter areas full of explosive spam... the opposite of what people wanted.

"Capital Supremacy will be a Clone Wars experience, meaning all the heroes and reinforcements available will be those from that era. This is the perfect opportunity to take control of our two new reinforcements, the dual wielding ARC Trooper and the vibrosword wielding BX-series Commando Droid."

This pretty much confirms that this Dev team is catering to the echo chamber reddit, this game is advertised as all eras and fans of all wanted a new big mode and now you go and make it one? Odds are they are the only ones who would actually find this utter waste of time and resources acceptable.

Nice to see not all heroes are available and the ones that are are mostly the ones not good for GA, Anakin+Yoda=Auto win for the lightside, wallhacking stunning arc troopers will be farming Mauls and Dookus for days.

"We can’t wait for Capital Supremacy to launch and are currently counting down the days until March 26th. We’ll see you onboard your capital ship."

Well, not me because there is literally 0 reason to play this mode.

Of course they are sadly only listen to the reddit kids and EA game shills. The new mode is the biggest disaapointment for this game yet. I was so happy when they announced a new "non linear" big gamemode. But nothing in this new gamemode is non linear. Im forced to enter the meat grinder halls of the ships, i have to deal with heroes that kill the entire balance of the mode and on top that on new reinforcement is OP as hell compared to its counterpart.

I just want freaking conquest from Battlefield, without heroes but all its all out vehicle warfare and infantry gameplay. Is that so much to ask for?? Is that so hard to get for DICE? Its ridiclious. I dont wanna play Battle of the Action Figures, which Battlefront 2 currently translates into.

I completely disagree. This game mode has secret passageways for the sneaky, major hallways for brawls, etc. It has something for everyone. It is my favorite thing in the game. Also, I love the new reinforcement. It is not overpowered, but has good balance and is fun to play with.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • Starmasui73146
    1143 posts Member
    edited March 27
    Well I finally got to play the new Mode and frankly it ROCKS!!! I think all fears can be set aside. Phase 1 map is very open and has a classic Conquest Mode feel, even though it is Supremacy Mode in essence.

Phase two ships had nice wide hallways and big open spaces and plenty of routes to the target, no bottlenecks to speak of.

Phase two is basically Sabotage Mode with multiple targets, just like final phase on Gallactic Assault "Hoth Outpost Delta". I adore "Sabotage" so I am in Heaven. Also the ship's are soooooooo epic to explore.

Game number one went like this...I played as C.I.S. Droids and we lost phase 1 but the Clones lost Phase 2 trying to destroy our ship. Then back down to the surface and we lost phase 1 again but again the Clones lost Phase 2 trying to destroy our ship. Finally us C.I.S. Droids won on Phase 1 and we got to the Clone ship but we failed to destroy it in Phase 2. Back down to the surface again we C.I.S. won in Phase 1 and we won in Phase 2 and destroyed the Clone Ship, VICTORY, game over.

Game number two went like this...I was now the Republic Clone Army, we won on Phase 1 and we won on Phase 2 and blew up the Droid ship. Whew that was fast.

I had the time of my life DICE, way to hit it out of the park.

Your ship maps and ground map is flawless and perfectly balanced, truly beyond outstanding job.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • any idea when mode will return?
  • So, basically - new mode is just two little GA's separated by cutscene. Awesome!
  • Starmasui73146
    1143 posts Member
    edited March 27
    FantasyMan wrote: »
    So, basically - new mode is just two little GA's separated by cutscene. Awesome!

No it's "Supremacy Mode" (which is "Conquest Mode" like) in Phase 1 and "Sabotage" in Phase 2...just like Galactic Assault "Hoth Outpost Delta".
    “There is always hope.”
  • Starmasui73146
    1143 posts Member
    edited March 27
    Wigclyne wrote: »
    New mode stopped working last night. Loads up to fighter select then wont let me select anyone.
    Yeah I think that is a glitch I had that happen a lot too.
    Yeah, new mode was really fun while it worked. Now it doesn't work, I get stuck in the player select screen and that's it. So I switch country servers and it just kicks me out when I load into a game. I'm sure most have this problem.

I myself did have some kick out issues at game start at first. It seems to be server related I think.
    Groge511 wrote: »
    Been trying to find a match for 15mins. Keep finding about 30 players then when we get close to 40 a bunch of folk give up and quit. Seriously never gonna find a match at this rate

Yeah that is why I created the bellow suggestions for DICE.

I do have one minor suggestion for DICE, I noticed people were quitting waiting for the match to start for Capital Supremacy.

(1.) Perhaps at the top of the screen in the middle you could add a people counter that says something like, "5 more players to match start, 4 more, 3 more," etc... This will help people waiting to feel like we are getting closer to the game starting. "10 more players needed", etc...

(2.) Also maybe if after say 7 minutes it does not max out at 20 verses 20 you could just fill it in with say...A.I. Since in Phase 1 we get 12 A.I. per side making it 32 vs 32, maybe they (the A.I.) could make up the difference. Of course they would need programming for Phase 2 though, just saying.

(3.) Oooooor if you do not which to do that and it doesn't fill in after say 7 minutes, you could just let the match start at say...12 people per side. Making it 24 vs 24 due to 12 A.I. auto added on Phase 1.

Oh and one last really good suggestion:

Instead of having the "wait screen" (before game start) being the four possible spawn on people, how about let the default be the screen that shows ALL the players on both teams. Because some people do not even know what is going on and quit, this is because it never starts and they see no players on their screen because they didn't tap the double rectangle white button.

Just some thoughts.

P.S.- There might be a glitch not allowing players to select a character in the wait screen, it seems to be intermitent.

Other then that heads up, All is well.

Thanks devs, lovin' the mode, thumbs way up. :)
    “There is always hope.”
  • New updates do not load Capital Supremacy fully. Showing players ready and never starts. Will finally kick you from server for no activity. Not what I expected from EA.
  • Congratulations. I look forward to seeing more quality content.
  • A
    "" "" "

• I was so happy when they announced a new "non linear" big gamemode. But nothing in this new gamemode is non linear. Im forced to enter the meat grinder halls of the ships

the ground capture points are *obviously* non-linear, and there are multiple objectives to hit on the ship too.

• Laser921
    1961 posts Member
    Does it feel like the ship-board part is unbalanced when playing as the droids?
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Laser921 wrote: »

I know what you mean. I think I agree here.

It is harder to win as Droids due to Anakin but we still did it, it just took us more tries but we won the game.
    “There is always hope.”
  • MBSONIC
    392 posts Member
    Laser921 wrote: »

It is harder to win as Droids due to Anakin but we still did it, it just took us more tries but we won the game.

It doesn’t change the fact that it’s still not balanced. If it takes you three tries, and the other team two, than it’s not balanced.
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • So, more than an hour, about 40.000 unused battle points later with a score of 153.000 at first place later... I get a reward of 700 credits?! Please change this ASAP...
  • MBSONIC
    392 posts Member
    Is it just me or did the AI disappear.
  • MBSONIC wrote: »

They stated in this forum as well as on twitter, that the AI would be removed temporarily due to the joining issues of the mode and the potential correlation between AI and this
  • MBSONIC
    392 posts Member
    MBSONIC wrote: »

They stated in this forum as well as on twitter, that the AI would be removed temporarily due to the joining issues of the mode and the potential correlation between AI and this

Oh.....well that sucks because the mode is considerably less fun since there not as many units, and people keep stealing each other’s heroes.
  • Bruce1958 wrote: »
    New updates do not load Capital Supremacy fully. Showing players ready and never starts. Will finally kick you from server for no activity. Not what I expected from EA.

Same here today.
  • SSJSnoop
    2019 posts Member
    I noticed no A.I. and blamed it on the weed.

Much better w/o them.

Oh yeah, Anakin is OP. His base damage, his heroic might, and IDK why they even gave him, but his 4th ability is ridiculous.
  • FabioBastos
    532 posts Member
    edited April 1
    I think that the commando Droid needs a considerable buff.

1. Primary weapon: its shooting rate and damage infliction are both low. ARC Trooper, even with a non-automatic blaster, is much more lethal in combat with his primary weapon.

2. Melee ability: I think we shouldn't even call it ability. It's so... whatever! It forces the player to get too close to the enemy to strike him, while ARC Troopers can use their wonderful deadly explosive shot from long distances.

3. Smoke grenade: as useful as Lando's smoke grenade. I mean: useless in 90% of the times. Once more ARC Troopers are better: their shock grenade throws the enemy away and gives you time to run or attack.

So... IMO Commando Droids are considerably inferior to ARC Troopers.
  • Starmasui73146
    1143 posts Member
    edited April 2
    I am sooooo pumped about this new Capital Supremacy Mode, I Love it sooooo much that I'm literally shaking. It is mega exciting and brings back memories of classic Pandemic Conquest, well done DICE, well done.

I can not wait for even more maps and maybe even ways to play it on other eras too. Hoorah!!!

Lovin' the Infiltrator Class, good times, thanks for all your hard work.

I do respectfully have one request though:

Can we get some variation lines from the droid Commander that if we lose as the droids in Phase One or Two that he does not always say the exact same line

Please remember this was your fault."

"I find your ineptitude less amusing as time goes bye."

"This is all your fault."

also is it necessary that it's always an insult? Couldn't he say something less degrading like the Clone Commander does? The Clone Commander uplifts His troops and mostly stays positive even in a loss:

"I don't like where this is heading."

"You don't need to be a Jedi to know what those droids are up too."

"Now we can't let a bunch of clankers destroy our ship can we?"

"All's we can do is hope we bought the crew enough time to get away."

Though the Commander is showing concern for Clone lives. Yes he gives them a motivational kick when they need it but still. Being told negative things about our skills is not encouraging us to play better, just saying.

How about when the droids fail saying:

"Oh well, you fought hard and well, you will be remembered in our memory banks."

or

"Your dedication to CIS has been noted, your sacrifice was not in vain."

or

"The Droid Army salutes your valiant effort, oh well...on to the next fight."

or

"Another ship down, I hope no droids were still on it when it blew? Calculation say we can ill afford more losses."

or

"To any droid still alive, this defeat is not the end, we are the Droid Army, fight on, fight harder."

or

"The CIS has noted your sacrifice and your memory will be downloaded into all remaining droids, in your units honor."

or

"This is not befitting of the Droid army, we are better then this."

or

"Impossible The Droid Army can not lose, this is an outrage."

or

"If the Clone Army thinks this is over they are mistaken."

or

"If the Clone Army thinks that battle was tough, just you wait tell next time, we shall surly seize the day, just you wait."

or

"We shall crush them next time, onward to victory."

or

"Well fought, unfortunately not sufficiently enough to seize the day; tell our next battle then."

or

"My calculations say that we stand a greater chance of succeeding on our next attempt if we fight harder."

or

"Darth Tyranus is dismayed at our inability to destroy the target, but we are not finished yet."

or

""I hope there was no Droids left on that thing when it blew?"

P.S.- DICE you have legal permission from me to use all of these above quotes I wrote for you, so go for it.

Thumbs up, thumbs waaaay up. Please keep up the outstanding job on those maps, I love the really wide paths and how there is literally three ways to every location on the ships.

Thanks again.

“There is always hope.”
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Is it going to be available on Arcade??

As someone who doesn't play inline multiplayer, I would personally love the ability to play as many different game modes in Arcade as possible. I have high hopes but low expectations, considering they never added some of the earliest game modes to single-player.
  • MBSONIC
    392 posts Member
    I am sooooo pumped about this new Capital Supremacy Mode, I Love it sooooo much that I'm literally shaking. It is mega exciting and brings back memories of classic Pandemic Conquest, well done DICE, well done.

I can not wait for even more maps and maybe even ways to play it on other eras too. Hoorah!!!

Lovin' the Infiltrator Class, good times, thanks for all your hard work.

I do respectfully have one request though:

Can we get some variation lines from the droid Commander that if we lose as the droids in Phase One or Two that he does not always say the exact same line

Please remember this was your fault."

"I find your ineptitude less amusing as time goes bye."

"This is all your fault."

also is it necessary that it's always an insult? Couldn't he say something less degrading like the Clone Commander does? The Clone Commander uplifts His troops and mostly stays positive even in a loss:

"I don't like where this is heading."

"You don't need to be a Jedi to know what those droids are up too."

"Now we can't let a bunch of clankers destroy our ship can we?"

"All's we can do is hope we bought the crew enough time to get away."

Though the Commander is showing concern for Clone lives. Yes he gives them a motivational kick when they need it but still. Being told negative things about our skills is not encouraging us to play better, just saying.

How about when the droids fail saying:

"Oh well, you fought hard and well, you will be remembered in our memory banks."

or

"Your dedication to CIS has been noted, your sacrifice was not in vain."

or

"The Droid Army salutes your valiant effort, oh well...on to the next fight."

or

"Another ship down, I hope no droids were still on it when it blew? Calculation say we can ill afford more losses."

or

"To any droid still alive, this defeat is not the end, we are the Droid Army, fight on, fight harder."

or

"The CIS has noted your sacrifice and your memory will be downloaded into all remaining droids, in your units honor."

or

"This is not befitting of the Droid army, we are better then this."

or

"Impossible The Droid Army can not lose, this is an outrage."

or

"If the Clone Army thinks this is over they are mistaken."

or

"If the Clone Army thinks that battle was tough, just you wait tell next time, we shall surly seize the day, just you wait."

or

"We shall crush them next time, onward to victory."

or

"Well fought, unfortunately not sufficiently enough to seize the day; tell our next battle then."

or

"My calculations say that we stand a greater chance of succeeding on our next attempt if we fight harder."

or

"Darth Tyranus is dismayed at our inability to destroy the target, but we are not finished yet."

or

""I hope there was no Droids left on that thing when it blew?"

P.S.- DICE you have legal permission from me to use all of these above quotes I wrote for you, so go for it.

Thumbs up, thumbs waaaay up. Please keep up the outstanding job on those maps, I love the really wide paths and how there is literally three ways to every location on the ships.

Thanks again.

You do realize these quotes are in the game right?
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Is it going to be available on Arcade??

As someone who doesn't play inline multiplayer, I would personally love the ability to play as many different game modes in Arcade as possible. I have high hopes but low expectations, considering they never added some of the earliest game modes to single-player.

All the modes available offline with split screen would be awesome.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Laser921
    1961 posts Member
    Can someone tell me why the villains suck in this mode?
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force

ummmm, first, the obvious: Ani. Second, ARC troopers destroy. Third, in case anyone forgets: Ani.

• Laser921
    1961 posts Member

ummmm, first, the obvious: Ani. Second, ARC troopers destroy. Third, in case anyone forgets: Ani.

It was rhetorical but yes, Anakin is OP and the choice of villains is terrible
  • MBSONIC
    392 posts Member

It was rhetorical but yes, Anakin is OP and the choice of villains is terrible

Now I’m sad. Anakin has always been my favorite Star Wars character since I was 3. Now he’s the most controversial hero in the game. So depressing......
  • This game mode is the closest to what I always expected from Battlefront. Not such a meatgrind as Galactic Assault BUT it definitely needs more maps (Kamino, Hoth and Tatooine first please 😁)!

I love to have a good sort of vehicles available as well... It's a bit like Starwars Battlefield 😋
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!