criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Stuns are dumb and cheap.

I want to know why can't Kylo freeze trhu blocks. Every blaster hero stun works trhu blocks, which is dumb, and still Kylo received a nerf in his freeze duration.

If you re blocking you shouldn't get stunned. It's a cheap move by cheap blaster heroes. Stuns should be something used strategically.

And also. Dodging, what's the point of dodging if it can't evade blaster? You should be immune to blaster while dodging. Honestly, the saber to saber combat is fine now, but blaster to saber is gargabe.

Replies

• RebelScum13
    59 posts Member
    edited March 30
    Kylo Ren's Freeze ability is a Force ability, that is why it is able to be blocked by force users when they use block, when blaster heroes use stuns they are not using the force so that is why they can't be blocked. Dodging a lightsaber is easier to avoid then dodging a blaster shot, it is more faster. I'm not a big fan of blaster hero stuns either, but they need them in order to keep the game balenced.
  • It's still dumb. Try to approach a blaster hero like, Iden, Lando or Chewie and it's total dumbness. You can't block your way to them because they can freely run while you have to keep you block up. If you dash, you get shot, it's DUMB. You shouldn't get damaged when dodging. Makes this unbalanced.
  • Odinnir wrote: »
    It's still dumb. Try to approach a blaster hero like, Iden, Lando or Chewie and it's total dumbness. You can't block your way to them because they can freely run while you have to keep you block up. If you dash, you get shot, it's DUMB. You shouldn't get damaged when dodging. Makes this unbalanced.

I do feel that blaster heroes have an edge against lightsaber heroes being that they seem to be invulnerable to lightsaber attacks and even force abilites as well! I am not a fan of being invulnerable to damage. If a lightsaber touches you while rolling you should take damage, if you are in the epicenter of a force ability while rolling you should be affected by it end of story. So that is why I don't like the idea of being invulnerable to a blaster shot while dodging. But if they aren't going to nerf rolling, then I think this should happen.
  • Maybe what can be done is to have a stun-break ability, where each hero can use a current ability in game to break the stun (including Kylo's Freeze) like Yoda's Presence ability. The ability should have an animation that represents them overcoming the stun.

So the equivalents would be:

Vader - Focused Rage
    Palpatine - Dark Aura
    Dooku - Duelist
    Maul - Choke Hold
    Boba - For the Hunt
    Phasma - Survivor
    Iden - Droid Shield
    Grievous - Unrelenting Advance
    Kylo - Frenzy

Yoda - Presence
    Luke - Repulse
    Kenobi - Mind Trick/ Defensive Rush
    Rey - Mind Trick/ Insight/ Dash Strike
    Han - Shoulder Charge
    Leia - Shield
    Anakin - Retribution
    Chewbacca - Charge Slam
    Lando - Smoke Grenade

May the Force be with you.
  • @EliteNicholas Thats actually a pretty cool idea. Very creative
  • Thanks @RebelScum13 haha.
    Hope they implement something of this sort to balance things out more.
    Would add more strategy in using the abilities.