criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Capital Supremacy and Heroes - What would you prefer?

1235Next

Replies

  • Mystical
    266 posts Member
    edited March 31
    R3aper81 wrote: »
    I really don't understand you people, Its Star Wars not one of those Battlefield games or any of those FPS games, what makes Star Wars unique is the Heroes. Without them it become like one of those Battlefield games only difference is just with laser guns... Besides there are other game modes with just troopers only so I don't get what is the problem.

    The problem is heroes are not fun to die to over and over again. They are completely overpowered and as a trooper there is nothing you can do except die ten times over. They disrupt the flow of the game immensely and it makes players turn every game mode into "get to the hero first, forget about the objective, I just want to pad my stats".

    You rarely see hero players engage other heroes becasue they fear of dying and you don't see hero players leading the charge often to capture the command points either. They are always hiding behind waiting for the opportune moments to kill random players (that have no objective value) and do nothing positive in the match from what I see. I've seen countless times heroes on my team huddled in corners together becasue they don't want to run out with the rest of the troopers and help because they might actually die for once. And their sole goal? To gloat on the end game scoreboard of those amazing 100+ kills they got while losing the match lol. The argument that Star Wars Battlefront shouldn't turn into CoD or Battlefield well I got news for you ... it already has with players being Heroes padding stats to look good on the end game scoreboard lol.

    Take away the heroes and see how those same players actually fair, they wouldn't last in a fair environment where farming Battle Points does not equate to OP characters. This is why modes like Turning Point in Battlefront 2015 was pure bliss, it was a whole different game and anyone who had decent shooter skills was a hero as a trooper.

    And its not just a star wars game, it is a Star Wars Battlefront game which has always been about infantry battles ... not heroes. As for the argument to just 'play another mode' no, there are no large scale battle modes in this game that are hero free yet. With that argument just go play Heroes vs Villains then where they belong and keep them out of the other modes where they ruin everything. Galactic Assault can keep the heroes, heck why not just release 10+ more heroes so then everyone in the game mode can be a hero. But Capital Supremacy is our mode for Troopers for once, it doesn't need Heroes ruining the core experience of Battlefront.

    I want to be able to take out enemies without overpowered characters swooping in constantly and ruining my runs. I don't find heroes to be fun fighting against (the whole 1 second you live) or being them. How anyone finds it fun to be running with 4 other troopers and then Anakin comes in and force kills you all and you have no control of your character at that point is completely beyond me. The only player satisfied is the one padding stats as a hero while everyone else playing is left dead.

  • Mystical wrote: »
    2 heroes is perfect and the best option. Hekc, even 1 hero on each side would be a good idea.

    For me, Only troopers will get stale fast and turn into Call of Duty yolo style gameplay. Heroes add skill to the game when trying to fight one in a team.

    Right now the way Capital Supremacy is I find it very stale and frustrating. There is absolutely nothing fun about getting 9/10 of my deaths from heros and its always when I am in a fun 1v1 with an enemy trooper, its a complete killjoy and makes me want to quit playing the game ... the same way I quit with Galactic Assault.

    If they don't remove heroes I'll just stop playing until a mode like Turning point comes out. Hereos are hands down the worst part of this game.

    I said this in another thread, so ill post it here and then add more after:

    You're all trying to **** what Star Wars: Battlefront has ALWAYS been about or Star Wars to start with. Star Wars has ALWAYS had a focus on their heroes and their troopers on combined. Yes, I dont like the fact the heroes get all the love and the troopers are left in the dust, but trying to force the game into another Call of Duty reskinned with blasters is silly. Yes, I know that this game IS better than Call of Duty because of what you said, but a trooper only mode would do nothing but attract the wrong peopel who dont really care about Star Wars, and just care about the shooter.
    I dont REALLY get the hatred for the heroes themselves and not the balance of the modes.
    Why does everyone think the heroes are such a cancer when the only cancer is in fact, GA cause of four heroes. CS is not a cancerous mode... well except the fact droids get the better tanks but thats not this topic.
    Heroes are NOT a problem in the game except in GA and HvV. I really just dont understand why you guys are so vocal about being anti hero.
    Keep in mind, ive never ONCE been anti trooper. Ive just pointed out that Star Wars and Star Wars: Battlefront has ALWAYS been about both sides fighting side by side on a warfront, as its shown in the movies, in the TV show((I dont know about Rebels as I dont watch it)), and the older games from the earlier 2000's.
    But alot of the arguements for the full on trooper, was because of heroes and thats just not something I understand. You are right, a hero is stronger than a singular trooper but why should a singular soldier be able to beat anything?
    Thats all im saying. I dont understand.


    Well, if heroes are removed, I want specialists removed. Nothing is more irritating then having a fun fight, then some guy camping in the back shooting me in the head while doing nothign for his team other then **** off the enemy.

    Back with this recycled argument again I see. The COD sandbox is nothing like Battlefront. Battlefront includes first-person, a combat roll, a different TTK, troopers, etc.

    What's wrong with FPS fans playing the game? If anything, that's good. I'm sure EA would love nothing more than an influx of millions of FPS players to Battlefront, even if they aren't sufficient enough Star Wars fans for your liking. For the record, I'm not saying that is going to happen.

    If you don't hate infantry, why do you keep pushing infantry fans to leave for COD?
    My name is Bob

  • I'd personally prefer a limit of one hero per side at a time. However, I wouldn't mind individual heroes being a little stronger. While one is my preference, I'm fine with zero or two in principle.

    Since one wasn't an option, I voted for zero to help all the infantry fans clamoring for something like turning point. I love y'all <3
    My name is Bob

  • Mystical wrote: »
    R3aper81 wrote: »
    I really don't understand you people, Its Star Wars not one of those Battlefield games or any of those FPS games, what makes Star Wars unique is the Heroes. Without them it become like one of those Battlefield games only difference is just with laser guns... Besides there are other game modes with just troopers only so I don't get what is the problem.

    The problem is heroes are not fun to die to over and over again. They are completely overpowered and as a trooper there is nothing you can do except die ten times over. They disrupt the flow of the game immensely and it makes players turn every game mode into "get to the hero first, forget about the objective, I just want to pad my stats".

    You rarely see hero players engage other heroes becasue they fear of dying and you don't see hero players leading the charge often to capture the command points either. They are always hiding behind waiting for the opportune moments to kill random players (that have no objective value) and do nothing positive in the match from what I see. I've seen countless times heroes on my team huddled in corners together becasue they don't want to run out with the rest of the troopers and help because they might actually die for once. And their sole goal? To gloat on the end game scoreboard of those amazing 100+ kills they got while losing the match lol. The argument that Star Wars Battlefront shouldn't turn into CoD or Battlefield well I got news for you ... it already has with players being Heroes padding stats to look good on the end game scoreboard lol.

    Take away the heroes and see how those same players actually fair, they wouldn't last in a fair environment where farming Battle Points does not equate to OP characters. This is why modes like Turning Point in Battlefront 2015 was pure bliss, it was a whole different game and anyone who had decent shooter skills was a hero as a trooper.

    And its not just a star wars game, it is a Star Wars Battlefront game which has always been about infantry battles ... not heroes. As for the argument to just 'play another mode' no, there are no large scale battle modes in this game that are hero free yet. With that argument just go play Heroes vs Villains then where they belong and keep them out of the other modes where they ruin everything. Galactic Assault can keep the heroes, heck why not just release 10+ more heroes so then everyone in the game mode can be a hero. But Capital Supremacy is our mode for Troopers for once, it doesn't need Heroes ruining the core experience of Battlefront.

    I want to be able to take out enemies without overpowered characters swooping in constantly and ruining my runs. I don't find heroes to be fun fighting against (the whole 1 second you live) or being them. How anyone finds it fun to be running with 4 other troopers and then Anakin comes in and force kills you all and you have no control of your character at that point is completely beyond me. The only player satisfied is the one padding stats as a hero while everyone else playing is left dead.

    I have to ask... are you a console player by any chance? Because, this sounds like a console thing.

    Ive been playing for... well just the weekend. I bought teh game on late Wensday last week, and have been playing pretty much all day since im on vacation!

    Ive not once had someone gloat about padding stats... though I do get the few **** who think Ani is fine. *Eyeroll*

    I actually dont see this on PC in CS. Im constantly seeing heroes charge into the fight. Im one of them who does it. I just did a CS where I was Obiwan, and we just opened the enemy door. I pushed in first and blocked all the shots for my team, leading the charge. I dont ever see this camping thing, except for maybe a grevious who is ready to ambush((Thats how Grevious plays. Hes an ambush character. ))

    Im constantly seeing yodas and obiwans pushing... alot of counts today too.


    Anyways, off that topic.

    You are right, Heroes ARE overpowered versus a single trooper. However, team work is whats key and im always seeing Heroes dying on PC because they get shot down eventually. I dont really see all this padding stats thing that you claim to see. Maybe its in GA? But im playing CS where there is none of that from what im seeing.

    Why should a single trooper be able to kill Anakin Skywalker? Thats completely stupid. Thats just you trying to yolo like you are playing Call of Duty. Stop that.

    Work as a team and kill the heroes. Its doable and happens alot. Maybe you just **** off easily? I mean, i die to heroes and I dont get annoyed. Well unelss its Anakin and its to that damn Retribution >:(

    And ill say this here as I did in the other thread.

    Trooper only, is NOT Star Wars. Star Wars has NEVER been about troopers only. Its always been about Troopers AND heroes working side by side and killing each other.

    The first tow Battlefront did this and they were SMASHING successes.

    What you are trying to do is change this wonderful idea that the first two games did, and turn it into a reskinned call of duty. That is absolutely the closest game that would resemble what you are trying to do. No vehicles, no heroes, no reinforcements. Just guns and running around trying to pad stats by being 'the best'.

    It is literally just a reskinned call of duty with combat rolls.

    I really dont know how to show you that you just have the wrong idea of the game. I dont know what you play it on, but ive been playing it on PC and im not seeing what you see at all.
  • Mystical wrote: »
    2 heroes is perfect and the best option. Hekc, even 1 hero on each side would be a good idea.

    For me, Only troopers will get stale fast and turn into Call of Duty yolo style gameplay. Heroes add skill to the game when trying to fight one in a team.

    Right now the way Capital Supremacy is I find it very stale and frustrating. There is absolutely nothing fun about getting 9/10 of my deaths from heros and its always when I am in a fun 1v1 with an enemy trooper, its a complete killjoy and makes me want to quit playing the game ... the same way I quit with Galactic Assault.

    If they don't remove heroes I'll just stop playing until a mode like Turning point comes out. Hereos are hands down the worst part of this game.

    I said this in another thread, so ill post it here and then add more after:

    You're all trying to **** what Star Wars: Battlefront has ALWAYS been about or Star Wars to start with. Star Wars has ALWAYS had a focus on their heroes and their troopers on combined. Yes, I dont like the fact the heroes get all the love and the troopers are left in the dust, but trying to force the game into another Call of Duty reskinned with blasters is silly. Yes, I know that this game IS better than Call of Duty because of what you said, but a trooper only mode would do nothing but attract the wrong peopel who dont really care about Star Wars, and just care about the shooter.
    I dont REALLY get the hatred for the heroes themselves and not the balance of the modes.
    Why does everyone think the heroes are such a cancer when the only cancer is in fact, GA cause of four heroes. CS is not a cancerous mode... well except the fact droids get the better tanks but thats not this topic.
    Heroes are NOT a problem in the game except in GA and HvV. I really just dont understand why you guys are so vocal about being anti hero.
    Keep in mind, ive never ONCE been anti trooper. Ive just pointed out that Star Wars and Star Wars: Battlefront has ALWAYS been about both sides fighting side by side on a warfront, as its shown in the movies, in the TV show((I dont know about Rebels as I dont watch it)), and the older games from the earlier 2000's.
    But alot of the arguements for the full on trooper, was because of heroes and thats just not something I understand. You are right, a hero is stronger than a singular trooper but why should a singular soldier be able to beat anything?
    Thats all im saying. I dont understand.


    Well, if heroes are removed, I want specialists removed. Nothing is more irritating then having a fun fight, then some guy camping in the back shooting me in the head while doing nothign for his team other then **** off the enemy.

    Back with this recycled argument again I see. The COD sandbox is nothing like Battlefront. Battlefront includes first-person, a combat roll, a different TTK, troopers, etc.

    What's wrong with FPS fans playing the game? If anything, that's good. I'm sure EA would love nothing more than an influx of millions of FPS players to Battlefront, even if they aren't sufficient enough Star Wars fans for your liking. For the record, I'm not saying that is going to happen.

    If you don't hate infantry, why do you keep pushing infantry fans to leave for COD?

    I am not advocating for people to leave the game for COD. I am merely pointing out the perversion of what you are doing to a wonderful game. You guys keep on going about how heroes are ruining the game.... in what way? Because your singular trooper skills cant kill a strong unit? Well guess what, they couldn't before in the OG games either. Why the sudden outcry? Is it because you guys dont want a challenge anymore? I REALLY dont get it. You are trying to split the playerbase, because you and I both know, most players will take the easy way out and not get a challenge anymore and just play the infantry modes. Which, I fully forsee it happening and I dont want that. Thats not Star Wars.

    You are absolutely right though, Battelfront is nothing like Call of Duty, but what YOU are advocating for is pushing it to be EXTREMELY close to it.

    Call of Duty Black Ops 4: It has classes/troopers. It has super powers. It has First person. Not sure what TTK is.
    The only thing Battlefront would have more, if they removed everything but the troopers, is the combat roll, the Star Wars logo/looks of the troops/ and the blasters which will just be guns. Thats what im trying to say. I dont see the appeal to it, unless you are not wanting a challenge of fighting hereoes.

    Did you guys ever play the Original two games where heroes were always on the battlefield? Granted, it wasn't like in this game in GA with four hereoes.... ugh.

    But heroes in that game WERE actually much stronger than heroes in this game. Hereos went on much bigger kill streaks in the OG games.((Well maybe just the second one. I dont think you could play a hero in the first.))

    Star Wars is not Star Wars without Light Sabers, The Force, War, Troopers, and droids going Roger Roger.

    Star Wars has always been about everything combined. The movies were the focus of the heroes of Anakin and Luke Skywalker. The TV shows were the clone troopers.

    Again, I really dont see the appeal, and I wouldn't want Large scale 40 v 40 modes. I wouldn't. I forsee the game dying off from what Star Wars is supposed to be and turning into a basic FPS without any actual Star Wars in it. It's like... It's like turning Lord of the Rings, into just Orcs and uh... MIddle Earth people, and not actually including Legolas. The Balrog or... uh Gimli! I like Gimli.

    I dont like seeing my favorite franchises destroyed, because people want it destroyed just because they have to try harder and have to work as a team to take down the stronger units.
  • All of you guys do not have invalid points. You dont. Im not saying you are wrong, I just want to try and debate with you all about this issue.

  • What you are trying to do is change this wonderful idea that the first two games did, and turn it into a reskinned call of duty. That is absolutely the closest game that would resemble what you are trying to do. No vehicles, no heroes, no reinforcements. Just guns and running around trying to pad stats by being 'the best'.

    It is literally just a reskinned call of duty with combat rolls.

    I really dont know how to show you that you just have the wrong idea of the game. I dont know what you play it on, but ive been playing it on PC and im not seeing what you see at all.

    Where to begin, where to begin. Once again I'm stuck pointing out how different the sandbox of Battlefront and COD are. They're not similar at all. BF15 had infantry only modes in Cargo, DZ, and Droid Run. Infantry play in those modes played nothing like COD. It would be no different if there was a Cargo mode in BF17. These claims make me wonder how much time you've actually spent playing COD and infantry in Battlefront.

    The stat padding argument makes no sense. I can easily turn it around back on you. One can easily stat pad through using heroes or reinforcements to beat up on standard infantry. If someone really wanted to, they could play a hit and run style in the back of the map, picking off individual infantry units without putting themselves in real danger. Is that not stat padding? I've played with and against guys who have tried doing it. You can also use heroes or reinforcements to go for high elimination games. A few of my XBL friends have used reinforcement to intentionally prolong Strike matches, resulting in them reaching hundreds of kills. I recall one player reaching 387 *kills* by doing so in the beta. Is that not stat padding?

    Who called for removing vehicles btw? This thread doesn't pertain to that.
    My name is Bob

  • Franchaud
    495 posts Member
    edited March 31
    Mystical wrote: »
    2 heroes is perfect and the best option. Hekc, even 1 hero on each side would be a good idea.

    For me, Only troopers will get stale fast and turn into Call of Duty yolo style gameplay. Heroes add skill to the game when trying to fight one in a team.

    Right now the way Capital Supremacy is I find it very stale and frustrating. There is absolutely nothing fun about getting 9/10 of my deaths from heros and its always when I am in a fun 1v1 with an enemy trooper, its a complete killjoy and makes me want to quit playing the game ... the same way I quit with Galactic Assault.

    If they don't remove heroes I'll just stop playing until a mode like Turning point comes out. Hereos are hands down the worst part of this game.

    so far i've agreed 101% with literally every word you've written regarding heroes vs troops. many thanks.
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • Major_Shrekoning
    117 posts Member
    edited March 31
    What you are trying to do is change this wonderful idea that the first two games did, and turn it into a reskinned call of duty. That is absolutely the closest game that would resemble what you are trying to do. No vehicles, no heroes, no reinforcements. Just guns and running around trying to pad stats by being 'the best'.

    It is literally just a reskinned call of duty with combat rolls.

    I really dont know how to show you that you just have the wrong idea of the game. I dont know what you play it on, but ive been playing it on PC and im not seeing what you see at all.

    Where to begin, where to begin. Once again I'm stuck pointing out how different the sandbox of Battlefront and COD are. They're not similar at all. BF15 had infantry only modes in Cargo, DZ, and Droid Run. Infantry play in those modes played nothing like COD. It would be no different if there was a Cargo mode in BF17. These claims make me wonder how much time you've actually spent playing COD and infantry in Battlefront.

    The stat padding argument makes no sense. I can easily turn it around back on you. One can easily stat pad through using heroes or reinforcements to beat up on standard infantry. If someone really wanted to, they could play a hit and run style in the back of the map, picking off individual infantry units without putting themselves in real danger. Is that not stat padding? I've played with and against guys who have tried doing it. You can also use heroes or reinforcements to go for high elimination games. A few of my XBL friends have used reinforcement to intentionally prolong Strike matches, resulting in them reaching hundreds of kills. I recall one player reaching 387 *kills* by doing so in the beta. Is that not stat padding?

    Who called for removing vehicles btw? This thread doesn't pertain to that.

    The removing vehicles was a generalization of what quite a few people have advocated for. ONLY infantry modes. No nothing but infantry. I wasn't talking about you in particular.

    Same for the Stat Pad point. That was more to the guy above.

    And again, I know that Call of Duty and Battlefront are two seperate games. I get that. I do... but the CLOSEST game to an infantry ONLY mode, like GA with nothing but infantry, is Call of Duty. THAT'S what im trying to point out. Im sorry if im not speaking my point very well.

    Stat padding is stat padding. Its annoying when anyone does it and I dont think it should be a valid arguement for balance, which is why I was saying it was to the one above wh owas complaining about stat padding hiding heroes, which again, I pointed out... I dont see that happen except for Ambushing((Grevious in particular))

    Also, Im only going off my experiences on PC, not console gaming which is a whole seperate community and gameplay style. Not trying to be rude, but in GENERAL most console players are children. I know you aren't one, but in general, most are. Children will play the game seperately from how adults do. Im sure you wouldn't hide the hero in the corner right? :smile:

    I dont have any issue with Carog modes or extraction or whatever you want... but GA and CS that some people are asking for? That would really kill the game I think. I really think it would. Not necessarily in money, but it would kill the spirit of what Battlefront is and should be.



    Edit: Im sleepy. Im going to get soem sleep and ill come back in the morning for more debates guys.
  • What you are trying to do is change this wonderful idea that the first two games did, and turn it into a reskinned call of duty. That is absolutely the closest game that would resemble what you are trying to do. No vehicles, no heroes, no reinforcements. Just guns and running around trying to pad stats by being 'the best'.

    It is literally just a reskinned call of duty with combat rolls.

    I really dont know how to show you that you just have the wrong idea of the game. I dont know what you play it on, but ive been playing it on PC and im not seeing what you see at all.

    Where to begin, where to begin. Once again I'm stuck pointing out how different the sandbox of Battlefront and COD are. They're not similar at all. BF15 had infantry only modes in Cargo, DZ, and Droid Run. Infantry play in those modes played nothing like COD. It would be no different if there was a Cargo mode in BF17. These claims make me wonder how much time you've actually spent playing COD and infantry in Battlefront.

    The stat padding argument makes no sense. I can easily turn it around back on you. One can easily stat pad through using heroes or reinforcements to beat up on standard infantry. If someone really wanted to, they could play a hit and run style in the back of the map, picking off individual infantry units without putting themselves in real danger. Is that not stat padding? I've played with and against guys who have tried doing it. You can also use heroes or reinforcements to go for high elimination games. A few of my XBL friends have used reinforcement to intentionally prolong Strike matches, resulting in them reaching hundreds of kills. I recall one player reaching 387 *kills* by doing so in the beta. Is that not stat padding?

    Who called for removing vehicles btw? This thread doesn't pertain to that.

    The removing vehicles was a generalization of what quite a few people have advocated for. ONLY infantry modes. No nothing but infantry. I wasn't talking about you in particular.

    Same for the Stat Pad point. That was more to the guy above.

    And again, I know that Call of Duty and Battlefront are two seperate games. I get that. I do... but the CLOSEST game to an infantry ONLY mode, like GA with nothing but infantry, is Call of Duty. THAT'S what im trying to point out. Im sorry if im not speaking my point very well.

    Stat padding is stat padding. Its annoying when anyone does it and I dont think it should be a valid arguement for balance, which is why I was saying it was to the one above wh owas complaining about stat padding hiding heroes, which again, I pointed out... I dont see that happen except for Ambushing((Grevious in particular))

    Also, Im only going off my experiences on PC, not console gaming which is a whole seperate community and gameplay style. Not trying to be rude, but in GENERAL most console players are children. I know you aren't one, but in general, most are. Children will play the game seperately from how adults do. Im sure you wouldn't hide the hero in the corner right? :smile:

    I dont have any issue with Carog modes or extraction or whatever you want... but GA and CS that some people are asking for? That would really kill the game I think. I really think it would. Not necessarily in money, but it would kill the spirit of what Battlefront is and should be.



    Edit: Im sleepy. Im going to get soem sleep and ill come back in the morning for more debates guys.

    not again...i thought we agreed to disagree.
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • Mystical wrote: »
    2 heroes is perfect and the best option. Hekc, even 1 hero on each side would be a good idea.

    For me, Only troopers will get stale fast and turn into Call of Duty yolo style gameplay. Heroes add skill to the game when trying to fight one in a team.

    Right now the way Capital Supremacy is I find it very stale and frustrating. There is absolutely nothing fun about getting 9/10 of my deaths from heros and its always when I am in a fun 1v1 with an enemy trooper, its a complete killjoy and makes me want to quit playing the game ... the same way I quit with Galactic Assault.

    If they don't remove heroes I'll just stop playing until a mode like Turning point comes out. Hereos are hands down the worst part of this game.

    I said this in another thread, so ill post it here and then add more after:

    You're all trying to **** what Star Wars: Battlefront has ALWAYS been about or Star Wars to start with. Star Wars has ALWAYS had a focus on their heroes and their troopers on combined. Yes, I dont like the fact the heroes get all the love and the troopers are left in the dust, but trying to force the game into another Call of Duty reskinned with blasters is silly. Yes, I know that this game IS better than Call of Duty because of what you said, but a trooper only mode would do nothing but attract the wrong peopel who dont really care about Star Wars, and just care about the shooter.
    I dont REALLY get the hatred for the heroes themselves and not the balance of the modes.
    Why does everyone think the heroes are such a cancer when the only cancer is in fact, GA cause of four heroes. CS is not a cancerous mode... well except the fact droids get the better tanks but thats not this topic.
    Heroes are NOT a problem in the game except in GA and HvV. I really just dont understand why you guys are so vocal about being anti hero.
    Keep in mind, ive never ONCE been anti trooper. Ive just pointed out that Star Wars and Star Wars: Battlefront has ALWAYS been about both sides fighting side by side on a warfront, as its shown in the movies, in the TV show((I dont know about Rebels as I dont watch it)), and the older games from the earlier 2000's.
    But alot of the arguements for the full on trooper, was because of heroes and thats just not something I understand. You are right, a hero is stronger than a singular trooper but why should a singular soldier be able to beat anything?
    Thats all im saying. I dont understand.


    Well, if heroes are removed, I want specialists removed. Nothing is more irritating then having a fun fight, then some guy camping in the back shooting me in the head while doing nothign for his team other then **** off the enemy.

    Back with this recycled argument again I see. The COD sandbox is nothing like Battlefront. Battlefront includes first-person, a combat roll, a different TTK, troopers, etc.

    What's wrong with FPS fans playing the game? If anything, that's good. I'm sure EA would love nothing more than an influx of millions of FPS players to Battlefront, even if they aren't sufficient enough Star Wars fans for your liking. For the record, I'm not saying that is going to happen.

    If you don't hate infantry, why do you keep pushing infantry fans to leave for COD?

    I am not advocating for people to leave the game for COD. I am merely pointing out the perversion of what you are doing to a wonderful game. You guys keep on going about how heroes are ruining the game.... in what way? Because your singular trooper skills cant kill a strong unit? Well guess what, they couldn't before in the OG games either. Why the sudden outcry? Is it because you guys dont want a challenge anymore? I REALLY dont get it. You are trying to split the playerbase, because you and I both know, most players will take the easy way out and not get a challenge anymore and just play the infantry modes. Which, I fully forsee it happening and I dont want that. Thats not Star Wars.

    You are absolutely right though, Battelfront is nothing like Call of Duty, but what YOU are advocating for is pushing it to be EXTREMELY close to it.

    Call of Duty Black Ops 4: It has classes/troopers. It has super powers. It has First person. Not sure what TTK is.
    The only thing Battlefront would have more, if they removed everything but the troopers, is the combat roll, the Star Wars logo/looks of the troops/ and the blasters which will just be guns. Thats what im trying to say. I dont see the appeal to it, unless you are not wanting a challenge of fighting hereoes.

    Did you guys ever play the Original two games where heroes were always on the battlefield? Granted, it wasn't like in this game in GA with four hereoes.... ugh.

    But heroes in that game WERE actually much stronger than heroes in this game. Hereos went on much bigger kill streaks in the OG games.((Well maybe just the second one. I dont think you could play a hero in the first.))

    Star Wars is not Star Wars without Light Sabers, The Force, War, Troopers, and droids going Roger Roger.

    Star Wars has always been about everything combined. The movies were the focus of the heroes of Anakin and Luke Skywalker. The TV shows were the clone troopers.

    Again, I really dont see the appeal, and I wouldn't want Large scale 40 v 40 modes. I wouldn't. I forsee the game dying off from what Star Wars is supposed to be and turning into a basic FPS without any actual Star Wars in it. It's like... It's like turning Lord of the Rings, into just Orcs and uh... MIddle Earth people, and not actually including Legolas. The Balrog or... uh Gimli! I like Gimli.

    I dont like seeing my favorite franchises destroyed, because people want it destroyed just because they have to try harder and have to work as a team to take down the stronger units.

    Heroes aren't killing the game. Completely ignoring infantry is, however. I see no reason why there can't be modes like Cargo. It was very popular on BF15.

    Now you're subtly going back to the "git gud" talking point by suggesting I can't kill heroes. That's not the issue here. I've killed plenty. I have no problems topping the leaderboard. I simply want Cargo. It's a balanced mode where everyone is on equal footing. If implemented correctly, the maps are also geographically balanced. That leads to a balanced, competitive environment which is also highly entertaining in my eyes.

    Adding infantry modes will *not* cause everyone to leave modes with heroes. BF15 provides all the evidence you need of that. Walker Assault, Supremacy, and HvV all featured at least one hero. All three were popular playlists. I enjoy playing both Supremacy and HvV, although I didn't play the latter as much. If your theory was correct, Turning Point would have killed WA and Supremacy since it was an infantry mode.

    Yes, COD is based around first-person. It doesn't have third-person though, which is yet another thing distinguishing infantry play between the two series. TTK stands for time to kill.

    Yes, I did play the originals. I still own one of them. I disagree with your assessment on how strong the heroes were, but it doesn't matter quite frankly. I'm not exactly required to like everything about the OGs. They were great games at the time, but things have changed. I prefer Battlefront 1 to Battlefront 2, although the movement was better in Battlefront 2.

    Adding infantry modes doesn't eliminate team play. Teamwork is just as important in objective-based infantry modes.
    My name is Bob

  • Franchaud
    495 posts Member
    edited March 31
    All of you guys do not have invalid points. You dont. Im not saying you are wrong, I just want to try and debate with you all about this issue.

    there is no issue. we're asking DICE for a non-hero, and in my case non-infiltrator, large scale mode. you keep making it an issue by questioning our preferences. that's debating for the sake of debating. you have'nt even played enough to understand why we're sick of heroes. play some more GA, then come back. bcs before CS we had only GA since launch. ofc you don't get it, you came back for CS. most of us have played hundreds of GA.
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • Mystical wrote: »
    2 heroes is perfect and the best option. Hekc, even 1 hero on each side would be a good idea.

    For me, Only troopers will get stale fast and turn into Call of Duty yolo style gameplay. Heroes add skill to the game when trying to fight one in a team.

    Right now the way Capital Supremacy is I find it very stale and frustrating. There is absolutely nothing fun about getting 9/10 of my deaths from heros and its always when I am in a fun 1v1 with an enemy trooper, its a complete killjoy and makes me want to quit playing the game ... the same way I quit with Galactic Assault.

    If they don't remove heroes I'll just stop playing until a mode like Turning point comes out. Hereos are hands down the worst part of this game.

    I said this in another thread, so ill post it here and then add more after:

    You're all trying to **** what Star Wars: Battlefront has ALWAYS been about or Star Wars to start with. Star Wars has ALWAYS had a focus on their heroes and their troopers on combined. Yes, I dont like the fact the heroes get all the love and the troopers are left in the dust, but trying to force the game into another Call of Duty reskinned with blasters is silly. Yes, I know that this game IS better than Call of Duty because of what you said, but a trooper only mode would do nothing but attract the wrong peopel who dont really care about Star Wars, and just care about the shooter.
    I dont REALLY get the hatred for the heroes themselves and not the balance of the modes.
    Why does everyone think the heroes are such a cancer when the only cancer is in fact, GA cause of four heroes. CS is not a cancerous mode... well except the fact droids get the better tanks but thats not this topic.
    Heroes are NOT a problem in the game except in GA and HvV. I really just dont understand why you guys are so vocal about being anti hero.
    Keep in mind, ive never ONCE been anti trooper. Ive just pointed out that Star Wars and Star Wars: Battlefront has ALWAYS been about both sides fighting side by side on a warfront, as its shown in the movies, in the TV show((I dont know about Rebels as I dont watch it)), and the older games from the earlier 2000's.
    But alot of the arguements for the full on trooper, was because of heroes and thats just not something I understand. You are right, a hero is stronger than a singular trooper but why should a singular soldier be able to beat anything?
    Thats all im saying. I dont understand.


    Well, if heroes are removed, I want specialists removed. Nothing is more irritating then having a fun fight, then some guy camping in the back shooting me in the head while doing nothign for his team other then **** off the enemy.

    Back with this recycled argument again I see. The COD sandbox is nothing like Battlefront. Battlefront includes first-person, a combat roll, a different TTK, troopers, etc.

    What's wrong with FPS fans playing the game? If anything, that's good. I'm sure EA would love nothing more than an influx of millions of FPS players to Battlefront, even if they aren't sufficient enough Star Wars fans for your liking. For the record, I'm not saying that is going to happen.

    If you don't hate infantry, why do you keep pushing infantry fans to leave for COD?

    there's a fps view by the way. seen players complain it should be 1st person only. the now gunplay? the classes? the progression? it's CoD players we have to thank for these changes. no one is asking DICE to change SWBF entirely, we just want a mode. YT 'First Assault'. that's SWCoD. you'll find there's a tremendous difference, since we're in 3rd person here. the day i can't see the troops anymore i'll move on.
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • Besides the tokens, I liked how Supremacy (2015) handled heroes. One at a time per side, yet powerful enough to change the tides in the right hands, so long as the teams were relatively balanced. At the same time, heroes weren't invincible though.

    The token camping was really annoying. You'd have certain guys memorizing token locations and getting 3 or 4 heroes in one match without earning them. That was an issue with the chicken walkers as well
    My name is Bob

  • Franchaud
    495 posts Member
    edited March 31
    changes made to this game have been requested by CoD players. and there's a fps view option. pity they've canned 'First Assault'. Apart from the missing 3rd person view, i'd be playing playing that. don't want to be a [email protected] want to play a space [email protected] :mrgreen:
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • Large scale infantry/reinforcement only mode. Do a no hero but reinforcement xp weekend and see how much more balanced the games are.
  • I'm cool with either 2 or 4, but what I really want are more choices. The mode is amazing, but it's too repetitive to play and play against the same 4. Everytime I play I just think how awesome it would he to bring in the rest. Plus this is the mode where bobba would be such an interesting trade off. Great speed for captures, but man what a glass cannon
  • Im done trying to explain... you're going to kill what makes Star Wars Star Wars.
  • Im done trying to explain... you're going to kill what makes Star Wars Star Wars.

    Absolutely, I am just bemused at some people demanding that heroes be taken out. Guess what, most Star Wars fans don’t get excited over anonymous troopers, the heroes *are* Star Wars. You also want to take infiltrators out of the game? Well, as the poll shows, even on this site - which seems quite pro troopers - you are in the minority.
  • WodiQuix
    4534 posts Member
    Im done trying to explain... you're going to kill what makes Star Wars Star Wars.

    Absolutely, I am just bemused at some people demanding that heroes be taken out. Guess what, most Star Wars fans don’t get excited over anonymous troopers, the heroes *are* Star Wars. You also want to take infiltrators out of the game? Well, as the poll shows, even on this site - which seems quite pro troopers - you are in the minority.

    Star Wars means many different things to many different people; it's not all about the mains. I absolutely love the armored troopers and Rebel and Resistance grunts, a lot more than I love the mains. The normal soldier stories (and potential stories) are far more interesting and compelling to me. Who's that random Rebel in the trenches on Hoth? What's his story? Or that random clone trooper or stormtrooper. What are their stories? I'd pick to play as a stormtrooper 10 times out of 10 over Darth Vader, or a Rebel trooper over Luke Skywalker. I have no desire to play as a Hero. Haven't ever touched one in multiplayer. Never will. The Troopers are why I play Battlefront, and love Star Wars in general. Of course, there are other reasons, but that's a big one.

    Battlefront 2015 included a large-scale game mode called Turning Point, which didn't include Heroes at all and was a blast to play! Many people, myself included, are simply tired of being nothing more than AI cannon fodder for the Hero's killstreaks, not able to play the objective or have meaningful engagements with other Troopers due to being insta-killed every ten seconds. Having a large-scale mode where Troopers can fight on an even playing field against each other is something a lot of people in the community seem to want.

    I personally have no qualms with the Infiltrator. I think it's a cool class.





  • Im done trying to explain... you're going to kill what makes Star Wars Star Wars.

    Absolutely, I am just bemused at some people demanding that heroes be taken out. Guess what, most Star Wars fans don’t get excited over anonymous troopers, the heroes *are* Star Wars. You also want to take infiltrators out of the game? Well, as the poll shows, even on this site - which seems quite pro troopers - you are in the minority.

    Nobody called for removing all the heroes from the game.

    The poll in this thread shows the majority of people wanted the number of heroes in Capital Supremacy to be reduced. The plurality support reducing it from 4 per side to 2 per side. Zero didn't win, but there was a healthy minority of respondents who voted for it. Enough of a percentage to sustain a playlist, if it was an accurate representation of the population at-large
    My name is Bob

  • Im done trying to explain... you're going to kill what makes Star Wars Star Wars.

    Absolutely, I am just bemused at some people demanding that heroes be taken out. Guess what, most Star Wars fans don’t get excited over anonymous troopers, the heroes *are* Star Wars. You also want to take infiltrators out of the game? Well, as the poll shows, even on this site - which seems quite pro troopers - you are in the minority.

    Nobody called for removing all the heroes from the game.

    The poll in this thread shows the majority of people wanted the number of heroes in Capital Supremacy to be reduced. The plurality support reducing it from 4 per side to 2 per side. Zero didn't win, but there was a healthy minority of respondents who voted for it. Enough of a percentage to sustain a playlist, if it was an accurate representation of the population at-large
    I have no problem with COD players getting their own dedicated play mode, I am sorry to say that the servers will largely be empty.

  • Rook008
    838 posts Member
    What's with this "COD Players" nonsense that keeps coming up in threads where players request a more balanced game mode?
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Im done trying to explain... you're going to kill what makes Star Wars Star Wars.

    Absolutely, I am just bemused at some people demanding that heroes be taken out. Guess what, most Star Wars fans don’t get excited over anonymous troopers, the heroes *are* Star Wars. You also want to take infiltrators out of the game? Well, as the poll shows, even on this site - which seems quite pro troopers - you are in the minority.

    Nobody called for removing all the heroes from the game.

    The poll in this thread shows the majority of people wanted the number of heroes in Capital Supremacy to be reduced. The plurality support reducing it from 4 per side to 2 per side. Zero didn't win, but there was a healthy minority of respondents who voted for it. Enough of a percentage to sustain a playlist, if it was an accurate representation of the population at-large
    I have no problem with COD players getting their own dedicated play mode, I am sorry to say that the servers will largely be empty.

    Stupidity. The dumb COD talking point was addressed above. The sandboxes are much different.

    It would not be empty. Cargo was extremely popular on BF15. There are still lobbies for that game mode going on a daily basis. Use your brain cells.
    My name is Bob

  • Im done trying to explain... you're going to kill what makes Star Wars Star Wars.

    Absolutely, I am just bemused at some people demanding that heroes be taken out. Guess what, most Star Wars fans don’t get excited over anonymous troopers, the heroes *are* Star Wars. You also want to take infiltrators out of the game? Well, as the poll shows, even on this site - which seems quite pro troopers - you are in the minority.

    Nobody called for removing all the heroes from the game.

    The poll in this thread shows the majority of people wanted the number of heroes in Capital Supremacy to be reduced. The plurality support reducing it from 4 per side to 2 per side. Zero didn't win, but there was a healthy minority of respondents who voted for it. Enough of a percentage to sustain a playlist, if it was an accurate representation of the population at-large
    I have no problem with COD players getting their own dedicated play mode, I am sorry to say that the servers will largely be empty.

    What a stupid argument, I am a huge advocate for a large trooper only mode, yet I hate COD, so stop with this insane over generalisation of players
  • It's good for a few laughs, but the game keeps freezing or disconnecting?
    EA/DICE still owe me 83 crafting part crates, with interest...
  • MillSmit wrote: »
    No heroes please. I want a mode dedicated to getting objectives, not getting Battlepoints or hanging around the hero screen.

    So much this!!^^
    A big gamemode that isnt about getting heroes as fast as possible would be great.

    100% agree. The games have becoming a tedious hero spam fest.
  • 4 heroes, I hate having BP to spend and having no heroes available to spend it on.

    Not like you want a fair game tho is it.

    The likes of yourself turn every game into a tedious hero spam fest so you can run around ridiculously over powered farming easy kills.
  • Arockstar2 wrote: »
    I really hope they decide on 4 heroes at a time (or the 3 suggested above would even be nice) despite the popular opinion of this forum. Capital Supremacy is a pretty fast based and chaotic mode, in a good way, and I’m really enjoying it. I’m finding that in this chaos, heroes really aren’t the OP characters (BESIDES ANAKIN) that people are acting like they are. Especially with special classes, you can hold your own very well against a hero. Also, oftentimes I find I’m traveling in a mass group of players while taking on command posts, and enemy heroes are much more vulnerable. Lastly, I haven’t seen anyone mention the problem of people camping the spawn screen for heroes, which happens A LOT and thereby takes players out of the game. (This is what happens with only a max of 2 heroes). As of playing a few minutes ago, I found that a number of people were doing this. I was really tempted to do so as well, considering I was sitting on a plethora of battlepoints and every time I looked for a hero they both were taken...

    On a side note, if this mode was a TRUE 32v32, then the issue of hero numbers wouldn’t even be a problem. :|

    Basically you want easy kills and an over powered comfort blanket in order to compete. Which turns the game into the same tedious bind.
  • Arockstar2 wrote: »
    I really hope they decide on 4 heroes at a time (or the 3 suggested above would even be nice) despite the popular opinion of this forum. Capital Supremacy is a pretty fast based and chaotic mode, in a good way, and I’m really enjoying it. I’m finding that in this chaos, heroes really aren’t the OP characters (BESIDES ANAKIN) that people are acting like they are. Especially with special classes, you can hold your own very well against a hero. Also, oftentimes I find I’m traveling in a mass group of players while taking on command posts, and enemy heroes are much more vulnerable. Lastly, I haven’t seen anyone mention the problem of people camping the spawn screen for heroes, which happens A LOT and thereby takes players out of the game. (This is what happens with only a max of 2 heroes). As of playing a few minutes ago, I found that a number of people were doing this. I was really tempted to do so as well, considering I was sitting on a plethora of battlepoints and every time I looked for a hero they both were taken...

    On a side note, if this mode was a TRUE 32v32, then the issue of hero numbers wouldn’t even be a problem. :|

    Basically you want easy kills and an over powered comfort blanket in order to compete. Which turns the game into the same tedious bind.

    LOL no. Did you even bother reading my post because you just went off on a straw man fallacy.

    I want to play as a hero and enjoy the full Star Wars experience. And it seems someone has had a bad run in with Anakin... BY the Way he is unbalanced right now and they will fix him eventually. Don’t worry bud. Also, heroes are what makes Battlefront UNIQUE and exciting to play.

    In additition, I see that you’ve singled me out in several different threads, so maybe chill out!?! Or at least debate me with a logical argument... 🤔
  • Arockstar2 wrote: »
    I really hope they decide on 4 heroes at a time (or the 3 suggested above would even be nice) despite the popular opinion of this forum. Capital Supremacy is a pretty fast based and chaotic mode, in a good way, and I’m really enjoying it. I’m finding that in this chaos, heroes really aren’t the OP characters (BESIDES ANAKIN) that people are acting like they are. Especially with special classes, you can hold your own very well against a hero. Also, oftentimes I find I’m traveling in a mass group of players while taking on command posts, and enemy heroes are much more vulnerable. Lastly, I haven’t seen anyone mention the problem of people camping the spawn screen for heroes, which happens A LOT and thereby takes players out of the game. (This is what happens with only a max of 2 heroes). As of playing a few minutes ago, I found that a number of people were doing this. I was really tempted to do so as well, considering I was sitting on a plethora of battlepoints and every time I looked for a hero they both were taken...

    On a side note, if this mode was a TRUE 32v32, then the issue of hero numbers wouldn’t even be a problem. :|

    Basically you want easy kills and an over powered comfort blanket in order to compete. Which turns the game into the same tedious bind.

    LOL NO. Did you even bother reading my post before replying? Cause you just led yourself into a straw man fallacy...

    I want to play as a hero and fulfill my Star Wars dream. Likely as do the other thousands of Battlefront players, as evidenced by the high demand for heroes. And YES, Anakin is OP at the moment and likely that’s led a bad taste in people’s mouths regarding heroes.

    Also, I notice that you’ve singled me out in several different threads about this issue, maybe chill?!? Or at least try and debate me with a logical argument...
  • ElfiGreen4
    209 posts Member
    edited April 1
    JEDI CLONE COMMANDERS
    Including ahsoka


    l3hprxlhblga.png
    gej91ej14f1x.png
    ca9ln7vg2zj7.jpg
    imgowjudl713a6e.jpg
    da2p7g8g1ow0.png
    ku9c0ihavc6g.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!