criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

If you respawn in HvV, you shouldn't be playing this game

if you can't handle dying then why are you playing. i will always leave the game the second i see someone doing this. just pathetic

Replies

• Psy3d
    480 posts Member
    edited March 31
    I only respawn if abilities lock up or else to the last...as dooke would say..
  • What about when my attacks and/or block stop working and respawn is the only thing that will fix it?

i mean respawning in the middle of a fight to avoid getting killed
  • Relmets
    1907 posts Member
    It's lame but I can't even blame people for doing it anymore with how trash hero (mainly saber) combat is

Gimmicky garbage
    [+3748 posts]
  • Respawning is a lot better than trying to survive with super low health, at least if you respawn in a situation that isn't screwing your team over. It gives you a fresh start. What's so wrong with that?

if you're by yourself, then sure, but i'm talking about people who get bested and quickly respawn so they wouldn't get "killed"
  • Nugmilk wrote: »
    Respawning is a lot better than trying to survive with super low health, at least if you respawn in a situation that isn't screwing your team over. It gives you a fresh start. What's so wrong with that?

if you're by yourself, then sure, but i'm talking about people who get bested and quickly respawn so they wouldn't get "killed"
    Lmao that really reminds me of GTA 5
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
    Respawning is a lot better than trying to survive with super low health, at least if you respawn in a situation that isn't screwing your team over. It gives you a fresh start. What's so wrong with that?

Lmao that really reminds me of GTA 5

yup
  • If your playing using cheap tactics, im gonna fight that war too.

Running around the map? And then try and do work when your not the target? Yeah bud your not getting a kill off me.
  • I only respawn if I get knocked off the map or if Anakin is strangling me.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
    if you can't handle dying then why are you playing. i will always leave the game the second i see someone doing this. just pathetic

Been happening since launch. There's a billion things wrong with HvV that makes it unplayable.
  • Nugmilk
    49 posts Member
    TastyNoob wrote: »
    If your playing using cheap tactics, im gonna fight that war too.

Running around the map? And then try and do work when your not the target? Yeah bud your not getting a kill off me.

using any cheap tactics doesn't justify respawning. you're pathetic
  • Hvv is for doodling Bob's. Ya dig? Arf arf woohoo e
  • Reel707
    600 posts Member
    If you do respawn, there's a penalty for using it once. You won't be able to use it for a little while.
    CAN IT! WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS YOU FIND A NEW GOD! B)
  • TastyNoob wrote: »
    If your playing using cheap tactics, im gonna fight that war too.

Usually make those types rage quit
  • Nugmilk
    49 posts Member
    Reel707 wrote: »
    If you do respawn, there's a penalty for using it once. You won't be able to use it for a little while.

doesn't stop anyone from doing it
  • TjPunx
    1360 posts Member
    I’m not going to let someone get a kill on me for attacking from behind. They have to beat me with skill. Respawning is great
  • KresusFIN
    2440 posts Member
    The target can't respawn. It's a non-issue.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Almost as pathetic as rage quitting the second you see someone do this
  • Nugmilk
    49 posts Member
    DarthLando wrote: »
    Almost as pathetic as rage quitting the second you see someone do this

i leave out of principle. not rage. try again.
  • Nugmilk
    49 posts Member
    TjPunx wrote: »
    I’m not going to let someone get a kill on me for attacking from behind. They have to beat me with skill. Respawning is great

pathetic
  • d0kRX
    1348 posts Member
    In my personal experience, there's not really enough time to respawn before they kill you, so if you're annoyed with people respawning when you're almost about to kill them, then YOU probably oughta git gud and increase your damage output. Also the game prevents respawning when being attacked (this is also from personal experience).
    PSN: d0kRX

2j913npjbk1c.gif
  • ...People really do this? In HvV no less? O_o
  • Maliainu
    895 posts Member
    ...People really do this? In HvV no less? O_o

Yeah, why wouldn’t you? I get stuck a lot in this mode. Respawn is pretty necessary.
  • Who cares, you still get an elimination if you’ve damaged them. It’s worse than getting killed. It’s an admission that the other guy is better than you. When someone respawns on me, they’re just acknowledging that they are a lesser player, and I accept their surrender. The problem is, a respawn takes less time than a death to get back in. It shouldn’t be this way. It’s really hard to talk about this game in any area without tripping over poor game design
  • Maliainu
    895 posts Member
    It’s really hard to talk about this game in any area without tripping over poor game design

Definitely. Look at how much things have blown up with the Supremacy release and with Anakin Skywalker.
  • Nugmilk
    49 posts Member
    edited April 1
    Nugmilk wrote: »

2j913npjbk1c.gif

whatever gif you use doesn't change anything. still out of principle. try again. i'm guessing you're one of the people who do this. if i'm right, then again, just pathetic.
  • Nugmilk
    49 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »
    In my personal experience, there's not really enough time to respawn before they kill you, so if you're annoyed with people respawning when you're almost about to kill them, then YOU probably oughta git gud and increase your damage output. Also the game prevents respawning when being attacked (this is also from personal experience).

you have plenty of time to respawn when getting attacked. regardless of your "personal experience", you can always respawn when getting attacked, just not when target. it's become a muscle memory to these garbage players. no amount of "git gud" will kill someone fast enough for these people. maybe anakin. you get them below half, and they just give up.
  • Mouthrax
    468 posts Member

It isn't about not handling dying, it's about people exploiting for advantage, like many, many exploits in this game.

If you respawn just before you die it takes 3 seconds to be back in the game rather than 10 seconds as standard, so a respawn can have you back into the fight quicker, count those seconds up over the length of a match and those extra seconds turn into a lot of killing time, especially since you probably died on empty abilities but come back in 3 seconds, fully recharged.

You get the old adage of "well, it's Dice's fault, they should fix it if they don't want us to use it", well no, not really, like with all the exploits in the game, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

The fix is to make the respawn the same time count as the dead spawn.
  • Maliainu wrote: »

Yeah, why wouldn’t you? I get stuck a lot in this mode. Respawn is pretty necessary.

Frankly...I don't really respawn...Or even recall it's an option. I go in there fight till I drop and...Rinse and repeat.

...I'm never good at exploits.
  • Maliainu
    895 posts Member
    edited April 2
    Maliainu wrote: »

Frankly...I don't really respawn...Or even recall it's an option. I go in there fight till I drop and...Rinse and repeat.

I don’t use it as an exploit like the op is suggesting. I use it when I really need to with the example of getting stuck in the maps or thrown out of bounds and can’t get out of it (like what happens to you on Geonosis if you can’t climb up the cliff).

Saved my skin in these moments.

I don’t use it as an exploit like the op is suggesting. I use it when I really need to with the example of getting stuck in the maps or thrown out of bounds and can’t get out of it (like what happens to you on Geonosis if you can’t climb up the cliff).

Oh no worries, totally understandable.

I'm glad not to end up in such
    a situation.

Oh no worries, totally understandable.

I'm glad not to end up in such
    a situation.
  • d0kRX
    1348 posts Member

you have plenty of time to respawn when getting attacked. regardless of your "personal experience", you can always respawn when getting attacked, just not when target. it's become a muscle memory to these garbage players. no amount of "git gud" will kill someone fast enough for these people. maybe anakin. you get them below half, and they just give up.

Frankly I'm not impressed with your rebuttal.
  • If you can't handle dying, you shouldn't be playing in the first place. Dying is for losers.
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

• Nugmilk
    49 posts Member

Frankly I don't care
  • TjPunx wrote: »

You let people kill you from behind? Jajajajajaja

Trash.

uul6vdn7biwa.gif
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

• d0kRX
    1348 posts Member

Frankly I don't care

Good I don't care either, doesn't matter to me if you don't care.
  • Seems like a cheap tactic, but I admit that I’ve done it when I know I’m done for.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Nugmilk
    49 posts Member

Frankly I don't care

Good I don't care either, doesn't matter to me if you don't care.

great
  • EA_Rtas
    543 posts EA Moderator
    Cut the bickering out please.
  • TjPunx
    1360 posts Member
    Cool
    Seems like a cheap tactic, but I admit that I’ve done it when I know I’m done for.

Cheap tactic, but it works, and gets its own thread
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Cool
    Seems like a cheap tactic, but I admit that I’ve done it when I know I’m done for.

Cheap tactic, but it works, and gets its own thread

In this game, you do what you gotta do.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Iceninja
    293 posts Member
    Honestly, it is up to the person if they want to respond. I usually only respawn when I get stuck due to a glitch. I think people are just saying do not use your respond to be a coward.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • brienj
    660 posts Member
    One of the only times I use it, is if I am a saber user and all my abilities or block quit working and I can't fix it. This will happen with Anakin a lot if there is a Phasma, although I don't play as Anakin very often. The only other time, is if I am a blaster hero and I see a pack of 4 saber users on the other team rushing towards me to kill me, while I am on my way to try and hook up with my teammates. I'm sorry, but you aren't getting the free and cheap kill, see ya.
  • d0kRX
    1348 posts Member
    I don't respawn if I know I'm gonna die. I just set the controller down and rest my hands or get a bite of popcorn or a drink while they finish me off and the counter reaches zero so I can get back in the game.
  • Clone201
    3620 posts Member
    I always respawn whenever a hero comes near my soldier in GA from around a corner. You'd hate me if you were in my lobby perhaps you got a streak going.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?