criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Hopes up for a Battlefront 3.

I hope DICE will make a Battlefront 3 and improve upon the recipe. I want to be able to jump into a TIE Fighter or X-Wing when I'm in one of the maps, playaing in arcade as well as multiplayer, and fly up in space and land inside a Space station or rebel / imperial spaceships. Add more heroes and villains to the already existing roster like Qui Gon, Mace Windu, Jango Fett and so forth. Add more skins / appearances to Luke and Maul and lets see an Alec Guinness Obi Wan come to life as well.

Best regards
Vikingoverlord0

Replies

• Battlefront 3 will be released the same time as Half-Life 3
  • hsf_
    1698 posts Member
    edited March 31
    Battlefront 3 will be released the same time as Half-Life 3

TRIGGERED!

Half Life 2: Episode 3, I'm still waiting for that bloody game! Literally foaming at the mouth with Valve and their ridiculous reasons for not keeping their promise. I mean seriously...
    How can you leave the story like they did, Eli dies in one of the most brutal ways possible in that game, right infront of Alyx and Gordon and you don't even get to avenge his death. Total <insert derogatory expletive here>!
  • There were some recent leaks suggesting that DICE will release Battlefront 3 in 2021, alongside the first movie of the new Star Wars trilogy by the Game of Thrones producers.
  • rollind24
    5234 posts Member
    edited March 31
    IF a BF3 ever gets made (doubt it will now after what happened with the release of this game), I'm definitely not pre-ordering. In fact, I'll wait until it's been out for a few months to spare myself the amount of disappointment I felt when I first played this game at launch.

Same. I will not preorder next time. If it looks decent with some infantry options I should be able to tell fairly quick after release though.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • It can’t come soon enough for me, as for bf2 goes.

80aqelikx12h.jpeg
  • Best case scenario i’ll buy it second hand if at all
  • I hope DICE will make a Battlefront 3 and improve upon the recipe. I want to be able to jump into a TIE Fighter or X-Wing when I'm in one of the maps, playaing in arcade as well as multiplayer, and fly up in space and land inside a Space station or rebel / imperial spaceships. Add more heroes and villains to the already existing roster like Qui Gon, Mace Windu, Jango Fett and so forth. Add more skins / appearances to Luke and Maul and lets see an Alec Guinness Obi Wan come to life as well.

Best regards
    Vikingoverlord0

As long as they stick to Darth Mauls formula I’m all in.

This character makes or breaks the game for me.
    Make Maul great again.
  • i think Battlefront III could release next year with the new xbox and playstation consoles, or 2021.
  • mastery0ta
    5954 posts Member
    You guys haven't preordered yet?
  • Iceninja
    293 posts Member
    edited April 1
    mastery0ta wrote: »

Why would we, also I only would if it was 5 bucks. I am going to admit I read online how bad it was going for this game because I did not preorder. I bought it in the middle of the first season when it was one sale on Xbox for 15 bucks.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • Ouiea84
    37 posts Member
    there are used accounts for sale for lot of video games on sites
    like ebay, plati.ru and auction house. prices range from 1.00 to 10.00 for
    origin account with a userid and password.
  • Versatti wrote: »
    I wouldn’t buy it.

There was no reason to make a BFII, BF2015 should have just been added upon. I’d have happily purchased a season pass a year for a service that expanded the game.

Now we have BFII there’s so much that isn’t in the game, that to me it makes no sense to make a BF3 and would only further frustrate me that I purchased a semi complete game.

same
  • Iceninja wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »

Why would we, also I only would if it was 5 bucks. I am going to admit I read online how bad it was going for this game because I did not preorder. I bought it in the middle of the first season when it was one sale on Xbox for 15 bucks.

It's a joke.
    I wouldn’t buy it.

There was no reason to make a BFII, BF2015 should have just been added upon. I’d have happily purchased a season pass a year for a service that expanded the game.

Now we have BFII there’s so much that isn’t in the game, that to me it makes no sense to make a BF3 and would only further frustrate me that I purchased a semi complete game.

Personally I’d rather see them go back to work on the first battlefront and dump this one. But yeah I agree they should have just expanded/added on the 1st game:

Hell no. They should add upon and improve what's in the second game and give something slightly new and then add some missing content, that they didn't port from the first game to the second! Like the shadow trooper and emperors personal red guards. And be able to customize your trooper / rebel but have the game mechanics from the second game in an improved version.
  • Also give us a proper single-player story. Where you can pick both lightside and darkside story. Where the lightside story would perhaps focus on building a new jedi temple in dark times and the darkside story would focus on hunting down the jedis and destroy their temple or something like that.
  • hsf_
    1698 posts Member
    SWBF3 won't happen.

1). The launch for BF2 was a disaster.
    2). They didn't hit their sales targets
    3). The community ruined any MTX involvement(and that's a good thing).
    4). After 2 months, EA pulled more than half the dev team off of BF2 - or at least that's how it felt.
    5). EA are likely to lose the Star Wars license
    6). Other Star Wars games have been cancelled. See here
    EA signed a 10-year deal with Disney in 2013, sewing up the license to make Star Wars exclusively. The only non-mobile titles it has released under the deal have been the DICE-developed Battlefront and Battlefront 2. The rest have been canceled or postponed.

That quote from Polygon is quite an eye opener. They've had 5 years(now in the 6th year) to develop games for high end platforms(console and PC), but they've all been cancelled or scrapped before development started. This isn't good news for the remaining 4 and a bit years.
  • After the barebones BF and the joke of a game BF2 releasing pathetic amounts of content since launch its safe to say if BF3 is made by EA/DICE I wont be fooled a third time.
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    SWBF3 won't happen.

1). The launch for BF2 was a disaster.
    2). They didn't hit their sales targets
    3). The community ruined any MTX involvement(and that's a good thing).
    4). After 2 months, EA pulled more than half the dev team off of BF2 - or at least that's how it felt.
    5). EA are likely to lose the Star Wars license
    6). Other Star Wars games have been cancelled. See here
    EA signed a 10-year deal with Disney in 2013, sewing up the license to make Star Wars exclusively. The only non-mobile titles it has released under the deal have been the DICE-developed Battlefront and Battlefront 2. The rest have been canceled or postponed.

That quote from Polygon is quite an eye opener. They've had 5 years(now in the 6th year) to develop games for high end platforms(console and PC), but they've all been cancelled or scrapped before development started. This isn't good news for the remaining 4 and a bit years.

Yeah I thought they already lost the license very recently?
    https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/20/disney-revives-lucasfilm-games/

From what I take away Disney gave these Devs strict boundaries. They want to hit higher sales, a new BF3 won't be their answer if history has proven anything. There will be a big announcement at the Star Wars Celebration in Chicago.
    I wouldn’t buy it.

Personally I’d rather see them go back to work on the first battlefront and dump this one. But yeah I agree they should have just expanded/added on the 1st game:

Hell no. They should add upon and improve what's in the second game and give something slightly new and then add some missing content, that they didn't port from the first game to the second! Like the shadow trooper and emperors personal red guards. And be able to customize your trooper / rebel but have the game mechanics from the second game in an improved version.

And there’s the issue, I could care less about an rpg in a multiplayer shooter, not bagging on RPG’s but that’s not what I want on an online shooter. We don’t need a one game be all we need multiple games, an rpg for those guys, a hero game for the hero guys, basically this game, and then a mp competitive shooter for FPS type guys. 15 did it best imo.
  • After BF2015 and BF2, I would rather have someone besides DICE/EA make a new game. If Battlefront 3 is announced, I probably won't get it. The only reason I even got this one is because I managed to get the deluxe edition for $20.
  • d0kRX
    1348 posts Member
    SVEJ wrote: »
    BF3 should NOT be made by DICE. They messed up big time in swbf2, the game is still bugged and unplayable at times. It's a shame that everyone wants a swbf3 when swbf2 is just a dlc version of swbf2015

Agree they messed up big time with SWBF2017, but disagree about the game being a dlc of the 2015 game. Infantry gameplay except for the roll mechanic is better on 2015. Also heroes on bf2017 are weaker compared to 2015.

2015 had way better replayability. 2017 should have been built based on 2015 to be honest, so I agree with this;
    Versatti wrote: »
    I wouldn’t buy it.

PSN: d0kRX
  • DrRock
    23 posts Member
    There should only be one version of battlefront that they build and improve upon over time. They have a good start here with BF2, but now they need to transfer all the content from the original PS2 battlefront and ps4 BF over to BF2. With all the new content that will be created from movies, and TV EA/Dice can keep adding themes, maps characters ect from that media. Maybe they will start selling seasons again instead of taxing us for cosmetics. Think about it as developers, if there is only one Battlefront created, that means there is only one game that needs to managed. You don't have to keep trying to reinvent the game. Just add more content, update playability and graphics/ sound. It would make the developers job easier I imagine.
    To sum it up... One Battlefront where all the content exists. Bring back content from past games and create new content. Bring back seasons and stop the crystal system. Make offline content as enjoyable as online content AND create more VR playable content. Please, with a cherry on top, fix Battlefront!
  • Can’t imagine if they added 6 to 8 new maps to Supremacy/Walker Assualt/Turning point, then 6 to 8 new maps for cargo, dropzone, and droid run, the added the heroes and skins of this game, It would dominate this game, heck, it already does with half the maps.
  • Can’t imagine if they added 6 to 8 new maps to Supremacy/Walker Assualt/Turning point, then 6 to 8 new maps for cargo, dropzone, and droid run, the added the heroes and skins of this game, It would dominate this game, heck, it already does with half the maps.

If we don't get it in Battlefront II. Hopefully if there's a Battlefront III, We could get these. Fingers Crossed.
  • Xerogon
    414 posts Member
    edited April 2
    I’m all for a 3rd battlefront, anything to move on from this one.
    Post edited by Xerogon on
  • There's more hype for BFII being released on xbox soon than there is for this or any game EA make.

Everyone knew from the get go EA would screw things up, just look at literally every game they've ever made. DICE are no better, they just rehash the same thing over and over, they're the Dreamworks of the games industry 'oh you like this game, well here's 17 sequels that get consistently worse'.

Look at what happenened to the original makers, EA acquired Pandemic and then shut them down, clearly their management is a bunch of half-witted nerf herders.
  • skincarver wrote: »
    Best case scenario i’ll buy it second hand if at all

This ^. I'll wait this time and buy on sale, most likely.

Coming in 2021 or 2053 makes no difference to me at this point, as it's not worth the wait.
  • Xerogon wrote: »

Nailed it.
    #StarWars-y
  • At a rate at which the devs release new content and patch things there's no reason to ever trust them. Every game EA releases is a pile of hot steaming bug ridden disaster. In a perfect world, a company fixated on microtransactions, quick profit with minimal time and effort wouldn't be allowed to exist.
  • Wont buy of it ever comes, BF was wasted money and bf2 was half wasted money
  • I'll buy I when i buy a ps5, if they bring it out for ps4 (almost 100% sure this won't happen) what would be the point? Next gen graphics and star wars. Too right, take my money. All the people on here who complain, saying it's trash etc. Why are you even on the forums?

Yes bf17 isn't perfect, but Ive clocked more hours on this than almost any other game
  • Xerogon wrote: »

I cant tell you how many rejoiced at the announcement of EA Battlefront 2 in the exact same way. "Anything to move on from BF15...."

You guys are gluttons for punishment.
  • d0kRX
    1348 posts Member
    I liked bf15. It's so much better than 2017 in many ways.
    PSN: d0kRX