criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Hero obsession really ruins this game

1234579

Replies

  • Your justification for BF2005 being better is strange, particularly because you spend so much time advocating against giving us more options in this game. But who cares at this point? The devs already made up their minds and this debate is pointless. It's a complete waste.

    I mean, I could also say the hatred for heroes is strange as well.
  • brienj wrote: »
    I downloaded the original BF2, because it's free on Xbox Gold, and boy do I forget how bad it looked. I remember thinking the game was cool when it came out, but it certainly hasn't aged well. It's funny all the people that think it is better than this game. Even with all the bugs and glitches, the new game is miles ahead of the original.

    I wish I had my Ps2 so I could play it. I dont really remember the garphic too much but the steam version looked so weird.
  • Maliainu
    1023 posts Member
    brienj wrote: »
    I downloaded the original BF2, because it's free on Xbox Gold, and boy do I forget how bad it looked. I remember thinking the game was cool when it came out, but it certainly hasn't aged well. It's funny all the people that think it is better than this game. Even with all the bugs and glitches, the new game is miles ahead of the original.

    The graphics for the time were good for what it was when it was actively played. Don’t know what you’re trying to say by pointing this out. Graphics does not automatically make a game good, and this is especially true of games that I can say are good with graphics, but fall flat with all other aspects of it (i.e. Titanfall, Destiny, FFXV)

  • Its why I cant agree with a large scale trooper mode personally, but I wont stop you from having it.

    Oh gee thanks, we're so grateful you won't further any more vendettas.

    I mean, considering the vendetta people have against heroes....

    It's almost like there are many choices for modes involving Heroes in them.....🤔🙄🙄

  • Its why I cant agree with a large scale trooper mode personally, but I wont stop you from having it.

    Oh gee thanks, we're so grateful you won't further any more vendettas.

    I mean, considering the vendetta people have against heroes....

    It's almost like there are many choices for modes involving Heroes in them.....🤔🙄🙄

    Its almost like heroes aren't an issue, game modes are.

  • Its why I cant agree with a large scale trooper mode personally, but I wont stop you from having it.

    Oh gee thanks, we're so grateful you won't further any more vendettas.

    I mean, considering the vendetta people have against heroes....

    It's almost like there are many choices for modes involving Heroes in them.....🤔🙄🙄

    Its almost like heroes aren't an issue, game modes are.

    It's almost like you've advocated for keeping things as is despite that problem.
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

  • Banana and Shrek, let me resolve your argument. Shrek says that although (s)he is not very interested by troopers they are not going to deny those wanting trooper content. You are both entitled to your own opinions and are allowed to hold onto them.
  • Iceninja
    293 posts Member
    brienj wrote: »
    I downloaded the original BF2, because it's free on Xbox Gold, and boy do I forget how bad it looked. I remember thinking the game was cool when it came out, but it certainly hasn't aged well. It's funny all the people that think it is better than this game. Even with all the bugs and glitches, the new game is miles ahead of the original.

    I tried to download it, and it shows up on games with gold, and I have gold, but I can not download it. It insists I pay for it. How did you download it?
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • Iceninja wrote: »
    brienj wrote: »
    I downloaded the original BF2, because it's free on Xbox Gold, and boy do I forget how bad it looked. I remember thinking the game was cool when it came out, but it certainly hasn't aged well. It's funny all the people that think it is better than this game. Even with all the bugs and glitches, the new game is miles ahead of the original.

    I tried to download it, and it shows up on games with gold, and I have gold, but I can not download it. It insists I pay for it. How did you download it?
    Wait did you get the error message saying “sorry you can’t make this purchase from the XBOX store, try making this transaction from your XBOX” too? I’ve tried for hours and that error message makes no sense.
  • Banana and Shrek, let me resolve your argument. Shrek says that although (s)he is not very interested by troopers they are not going to deny those wanting trooper content. You are both entitled to your own opinions and are allowed to hold onto them.

    That didn't resolve anything. He's backtracked a little, but he's stated on multiple threads that adding an infantry-only mode would "kill the game" and take all the players away from hero modes -- despite significant evidence to the contrary existing in BF15.
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

  • This will be my last post on the matter, as the community manager has settled the issue
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

  • rollind24 wrote: »
    I still think you guys forget the original two battlefronts, w ith the second one being the most popular of them. Highest ratings, more gameplay, better gameplay.

    If anyoen was old enough to remember, they would remember heroes being SO MUCH stronger in that game then this game, absolutely wrecking the battlefield yet it wasn't an issue... but now it is.


    Ihave to wonder why.

    My problem is feeling like I’m playing whackamole in a Star Wars skin. I also didn’t have much of a problem with them in 2015 and they were much stronger than this game. When I killed one I knew another wasn’t spawning in 5 seconds later, that’s the annoying part of them to me in this game

    I can absolutely agree with you on that. The BP system was stupid entirely except for reinforcements... which I think should get a increase cost of 1000 BP points each.

    And heroes should be changed to a random choice with a couple minute cooldown.

    Like say, two heroes are spawned in in the beginning ot the match. They die. It takes them 2-5 minutes for another two people to get 'chosen' to be heroes.

    And its a random choice of who gets to play them within the Era.

    So like, you and I get chosen as dark side for clone wars. We get an option of saying yes or no. If we say no, we say no and another person is chosen. If we say yees, we're taken to a hero screen to choose our hero. I think that would help the game.
  • rollind24
    5234 posts Member
    edited April 4
    rollind24 wrote: »
    I still think you guys forget the original two battlefronts, w ith the second one being the most popular of them. Highest ratings, more gameplay, better gameplay.

    If anyoen was old enough to remember, they would remember heroes being SO MUCH stronger in that game then this game, absolutely wrecking the battlefield yet it wasn't an issue... but now it is.


    Ihave to wonder why.

    My problem is feeling like I’m playing whackamole in a Star Wars skin. I also didn’t have much of a problem with them in 2015 and they were much stronger than this game. When I killed one I knew another wasn’t spawning in 5 seconds later, that’s the annoying part of them to me in this game

    I can absolutely agree with you on that. The BP system was stupid entirely except for reinforcements... which I think should get a increase cost of 1000 BP points each.

    And heroes should be changed to a random choice with a couple minute cooldown.

    Like say, two heroes are spawned in in the beginning ot the match. They die. It takes them 2-5 minutes for another two people to get 'chosen' to be heroes.

    And its a random choice of who gets to play them within the Era.

    So like, you and I get chosen as dark side for clone wars. We get an option of saying yes or no. If we say no, we say no and another person is chosen. If we say yees, we're taken to a hero screen to choose our hero. I think that would help the game.

    Atleast your being creative. I see the BPs just creating a sense of entitlement that there should be none left over, frustration that people “earned” the BPs and aren’t able to select the hero want, BP costs are too high to earn a hero but if you decrease the cost the better players will simply get them sooner.

    I would take a random selection for hero’s but then you’d have people griping that the worst player on their team got one and died within 3 seconds.

    At this point I don’t know what the solution is so I’d rather just avoid the problem altogether and battle it out with the classes.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Major_Shrekoning
    117 posts Member
    edited April 4
    rollind24 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    I still think you guys forget the original two battlefronts, w ith the second one being the most popular of them. Highest ratings, more gameplay, better gameplay.

    If anyoen was old enough to remember, they would remember heroes being SO MUCH stronger in that game then this game, absolutely wrecking the battlefield yet it wasn't an issue... but now it is.


    Ihave to wonder why.

    My problem is feeling like I’m playing whackamole in a Star Wars skin. I also didn’t have much of a problem with them in 2015 and they were much stronger than this game. When I killed one I knew another wasn’t spawning in 5 seconds later, that’s the annoying part of them to me in this game

    I can absolutely agree with you on that. The BP system was stupid entirely except for reinforcements... which I think should get a increase cost of 1000 BP points each.

    And heroes should be changed to a random choice with a couple minute cooldown.

    Like say, two heroes are spawned in in the beginning ot the match. They die. It takes them 2-5 minutes for another two people to get 'chosen' to be heroes.

    And its a random choice of who gets to play them within the Era.

    So like, you and I get chosen as dark side for clone wars. We get an option of saying yes or no. If we say no, we say no and another person is chosen. If we say yees, we're taken to a hero screen to choose our hero. I think that would help the game.

    Atleast your being creative. I see the BPs just creating a sense of entitlement that there should be none left over, frustration that people “earned” the BPs and aren’t able to select the hero want, BP costs are too high to earn a hero but if you decrease the cost the better players will simply get them sooner.

    I would take a random selection for hero’s but then you’d have people griping that the worst player on their team got one and died within 3 seconds.

    At this point I don’t know what the solution is so I’d rather just avoid the problem altogether and battle it out with the classes.

    I mean, its better than letting the top two players hog it every game and then no one else gets to play with them.

    And I mean, classes have their own problems. I hate fighting specialists as they just sit back where I cant do anything about them and kill me. Its annoying but I wont ask for a removal.
    Post edited by Major_Shrekoning on
  • Btech3_14 wrote: »
    They should not be spending their time on modes without heroes (except maybe new modes for extraction). This is Star Wars. Most players I play with want to be able to play a hero all the time. They don’t care about balance. They just want to be Luke Skywalker.

    I love playing troopers and disagree with them. But you need to understand that most players buy this Star Wars game because they love Star Wars and want to play with the Star Wars characters they love. Not because they want to feel immersed in an accurate Phase 1 clone era experience. And if they just wanted a shooter they’d pick up one of the many other better shooters out there.

    I don’t really understand the anger at DICE for not making this a Star Wars reskin of Conquest. You can just play Conquest. That game already exists. This game is different. It has heroes with Space Wizard powers. The rules and flow of the game needs to match that. It’s what make the experience unique.

    I bought this game to experience immersive and huge Star Wars battles and not for the heroes...

    I too bought this game to experience immersive and huge Star Wars battles...but with Heroes!! Heroes was the main reason for me to decide to get this game. Without them, I may just as well go play Fortnite, Battlefield, or Apex Legends if I want a shooter focused game. IMO
  • brienj
    665 posts Member
    Iceninja wrote: »
    brienj wrote: »
    I downloaded the original BF2, because it's free on Xbox Gold, and boy do I forget how bad it looked. I remember thinking the game was cool when it came out, but it certainly hasn't aged well. It's funny all the people that think it is better than this game. Even with all the bugs and glitches, the new game is miles ahead of the original.

    I tried to download it, and it shows up on games with gold, and I have gold, but I can not download it. It insists I pay for it. How did you download it?

    I actually did that one on my PC on the store on the browser, for some reason I never have good luck doing the Xbox 360 or original Xbox games on the store on the Xbox One. Maybe try that.
  • mastery0ta
    5954 posts Member
    20 vs 20 blast? Team deathmatch. All the largest/full map sizes
  • Phyxsius
    363 posts Member

    Its why I cant agree with a large scale trooper mode personally, but I wont stop you from having it.

    Oh gee thanks, we're so grateful you won't further any more vendettas.

    I mean, considering the vendetta people have against heroes....

    There is no vendetta. There is a request to add new game modes, not change existing.

    1. Player wants to play heroes only, it plays one of two hero only modes, HvV or HS.
    2. Player wants to play large or small game modes, it gets heroes and special units or special units
    3. Player wants to play infantry only, just because, they have no mode to select.

    Nobody has any reason to oppose this request.
  • A Star Wars game without heroes of Star Wars.
    Please, unistall this game and go play cod, thanks.


    "HerOEs lIkE AnaKiN rUiN ThE gAmE bEcAuSe ThEy ArE Op!!!1!"

    If you think heroes in this game are OP, you're completely dumb.
  • Iceninja wrote: »
    brienj wrote: »
    I downloaded the original BF2, because it's free on Xbox Gold, and boy do I forget how bad it looked. I remember thinking the game was cool when it came out, but it certainly hasn't aged well. It's funny all the people that think it is better than this game. Even with all the bugs and glitches, the new game is miles ahead of the original.

    I tried to download it, and it shows up on games with gold, and I have gold, but I can not download it. It insists I pay for it. How did you download it?

    They want your credit card details, but it won't be charged.
  • Your justification for BF2005 being better is strange, particularly because you spend so much time advocating against giving us more options in this game. But who cares at this point? The devs already made up their minds and this debate is pointless. It's a complete waste.

    I mean, I could also say the hatred for heroes is strange as well.

    Try hards choice of comfort blanket and ridiculously over powered.

    Yeah! What's not to like.

    Except. Some of us want a level playing field and a fair fight and don't need our ego stroked constantly.
  • XAnakin93 wrote: »
    A Star Wars game without heroes of Star Wars.
    Please, unistall this game and go play cod, thanks.


    "HerOEs lIkE AnaKiN rUiN ThE gAmE bEcAuSe ThEy ArE Op!!!1!"

    If you think heroes in this game are OP, you're completely dumb.

    I'm a big hero guy but Anakin is OP thats crystal clear. Heroes should be a little OP ( they are heroes after all ) but its a whole diff lvl with him.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • brienj
    665 posts Member
    edited April 4
    Maliainu wrote: »
    brienj wrote: »
    I downloaded the original BF2, because it's free on Xbox Gold, and boy do I forget how bad it looked. I remember thinking the game was cool when it came out, but it certainly hasn't aged well. It's funny all the people that think it is better than this game. Even with all the bugs and glitches, the new game is miles ahead of the original.

    The graphics for the time were good for what it was when it was actively played. Don’t know what you’re trying to say by pointing this out. Graphics does not automatically make a game good, and this is especially true of games that I can say are good with graphics, but fall flat with all other aspects of it (i.e. Titanfall, Destiny, FFXV)
    bfloo wrote: »
    Maliainu wrote: »
    brienj wrote: »
    I downloaded the original BF2, because it's free on Xbox Gold, and boy do I forget how bad it looked. I remember thinking the game was cool when it came out, but it certainly hasn't aged well. It's funny all the people that think it is better than this game. Even with all the bugs and glitches, the new game is miles ahead of the original.

    The graphics for the time were good for what it was when it was actively played. Don’t know what you’re trying to say by pointing this out. Graphics does not automatically make a game good, and this is especially true of games that I can say are good with graphics, but fall flat with all other aspects of it (i.e. Titanfall, Destiny, FFXV)

    The focus on graphics the last few years has come at the expense of gameplay.

    We keep losing features that were basic in every old game, ie entering a fighter and taking off...

    It's not just the graphics that are bad, it's a clunky mess. It really plays horribly. The bad graphics just amplify these problems. There are Atari 2600 games I love, so yeah.
  • timidobserver
    806 posts Member
    edited April 4
    Just thought I'd add my two cents just in case this thread is being followed by the devs:

    My favorite thing about Star Wars is the ongoing conflict between the Jedi and the Sith. It's why I see the movies and buy the games. I didn't play the gunslinger or commando stories in SWTOR. I did play the Jedi Knight, Consular, Inquisitor, and Sith Warrior. My party in KOTOR usually preferred force users over blaster users. The force using heroes are what I bought Battlefront 2 for and why I still play it.

    Even if I am currently playing another game, if you drop Mace Windu I am going to drop everything and get on Battlefront 2 to play with him. If you drop a new infantry only mode, I will probably not care enough to even load up the game. In fact, I'd probably pause my Xbox from updating so that it doesn't lag me out in my other games.
  • Empire_TW
    5570 posts Member
    XAnakin93 wrote: »
    A Star Wars game without heroes of Star Wars.
    Please, unistall this game and go play cod, thanks.


    "HerOEs lIkE AnaKiN rUiN ThE gAmE bEcAuSe ThEy ArE Op!!!1!"

    If you think heroes in this game are OP, you're completely dumb.

    Oh wow look what showed up everyone!!

    You should have seen him in one of the announcement threads "I want to slap anyone who wants Anakin nerfed"
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Game is just getting worse if that’s possible.
    #StarWars-y
  • Game is just getting worse if that’s possible.

    Almost by the day now haha.
  • Phyxsius wrote: »

    Its why I cant agree with a large scale trooper mode personally, but I wont stop you from having it.

    Oh gee thanks, we're so grateful you won't further any more vendettas.

    I mean, considering the vendetta people have against heroes....

    There is no vendetta. There is a request to add new game modes, not change existing.

    1. Player wants to play heroes only, it plays one of two hero only modes, HvV or HS.
    2. Player wants to play large or small game modes, it gets heroes and special units or special units
    3. Player wants to play infantry only, just because, they have no mode to select.

    Nobody has any reason to oppose this request.

    Actually alot of the complaints and desire for the infantry only mode, without vehicles/special units/heroes, is because of some strange hatred for heroes that is misplaced. Ive heard so much anti hero stuff its ridiculous. All the Hero-lord slinging for anyone who has a different opinion then other CoD loving fanboys((See I can do it too, though mines sarcastic)).

    Its a misplaced hatred for heroes that bothers me. its not the desire for the mode, its the REASON for the desire.
  • skincarver wrote: »
    Phyxsius wrote: »

    Its why I cant agree with a large scale trooper mode personally, but I wont stop you from having it.

    Oh gee thanks, we're so grateful you won't further any more vendettas.

    I mean, considering the vendetta people have against heroes....

    There is no vendetta. There is a request to add new game modes, not change existing.

    1. Player wants to play heroes only, it plays one of two hero only modes, HvV or HS.
    2. Player wants to play large or small game modes, it gets heroes and special units or special units
    3. Player wants to play infantry only, just because, they have no mode to select.

    Nobody has any reason to oppose this request.

    Actually alot of the complaints and desire for the infantry only mode, without vehicles/special units/heroes, is because of some strange hatred for heroes that is misplaced. Ive heard so much anti hero stuff its ridiculous. All the Hero-lord slinging for anyone who has a different opinion then other CoD loving fanboys((See I can do it too, though mines sarcastic)).

    Its a misplaced hatred for heroes that bothers me. its not the desire for the mode, its the REASON for the desire.

    Dude, I truly cannot feel the hatred you mentioned, and to be fair: many of us a said this many times over- play however and whatever you like, hero or not- irrelevant. All we want is a mode for us troopers so we can enjoy this game without tiered units forced upon us- which (again) nobody who doesn’t like it have to play. Why is this so difficult to accept or understand?

    Ok, but whats the problem with tiered units? They are not unbeatable like people have stated, they dont go on super big kill streals, except Anakin. Everything posted was just... wrong.

    Ive never once had a hero go on a super high Killstreak that wasn't an anakin. I just dont see the desire in having a Call of Duty mode in Star Wars. And yes, it is the CLOSEST game to what you are asking for. No vehicles, no reinforcements, no heroes. The closest game to it, is Call of Duty. Why? What appeal could that be.


    and I never said you cant have it, but I would think something so minor as that should be the LAST t hing they do.

    more trooper guns, star cards/abilities, more classes, more maps, more heroes, more skins.

    All of these are substationally more important imo
  • Game is just getting worse if that’s possible.

    Almost by the day now haha.

    Yup, it's complete garbage. You've pretty much gotta pay people to take it at this point. My relatives are ashamed they bought it. They've told me they won't pre-order from you know who ever again.
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

  • @Major_Shrekoning I want more of everything as well- weapons(!), Star cards, maps, heck they can add a couple of heroes for all I care. i played mostly blast, so I try to explain it from that viewpoint:
    A single reinforcement poses no problem, they can be beaten with relative ease. It’s becoming an issue when you have 50% of a team as reinforcements on a rather small map, especially when these reinforcements are premades that stick and work together. I can give you an example of having 3 wookie premades throwing their detonators simultaneously covering a huge portion of the map, leaving you with no way to escape. Or 3 DTs occupying a quarter of the map, covering and supporting each other. With reinforcements you outstat your opponent, you don’t outplay him - in which the true enjoyment lies. I don’t know how you guys feel, but I was having the most fun when rounds ended tight, when there were only like 3-5 tickets difference in the end. Usually blast matches end with a difference of +50 or even +70 tickets. How can anyone enjoy this, regardless if you’re winning or losing? Seems to me that I’m not the only one having issues with how balance is being handled (playerbase?), but I’m assuming that most just leave in silence instead of announcing it here just to be ridiculed by the forum.
    My game is uninstalled for about 3 months now, played for about 2 months after a 6 month break I took right at the solo update. I was a day one player. Why tell you this? Because a trooper only mode is the ONLY way i (and perhaps others) will come back. I just got more engaged in the forum to support my fellow troopers who made some awesome threads, unfortunately generally ignored by the devs.

    Finally: COD is somehow always brought up to sort of ridicule our trooper requests- you say yourself COD is the CLOSEST to what we are asking for, but you’re wrong.
    BATTLEFRONT 2015 is the CLOSEST to what we are asking for, we want our game modes back.
  • Phyxsius wrote: »

    Its why I cant agree with a large scale trooper mode personally, but I wont stop you from having it.

    Oh gee thanks, we're so grateful you won't further any more vendettas.

    I mean, considering the vendetta people have against heroes....

    There is no vendetta. There is a request to add new game modes, not change existing.

    1. Player wants to play heroes only, it plays one of two hero only modes, HvV or HS.
    2. Player wants to play large or small game modes, it gets heroes and special units or special units
    3. Player wants to play infantry only, just because, they have no mode to select.

    Nobody has any reason to oppose this request.

    Actually alot of the complaints and desire for the infantry only mode, without vehicles/special units/heroes, is because of some strange hatred for heroes that is misplaced. Ive heard so much anti hero stuff its ridiculous. All the Hero-lord slinging for anyone who has a different opinion then other CoD loving fanboys((See I can do it too, though mines sarcastic)).

    Its a misplaced hatred for heroes that bothers me. its not the desire for the mode, its the REASON for the desire.

    It is simply the desire of playing on equal grounds, as equal as the 4 base classes can be, anyway. Is that simple.

    I don't hate heroes or tiered units and there was never a question about fighting with or against them, or being easy or hard.

    What this is about, however, is being able to play without having magic units on the field, with better dmg and hp. It is about having the choice to play how I want to, just as others have the same choice.

    Ultimately, and I am repeating myself, it is about the desire to play with equal units, not with higher dmg or hp. When I kill someone, or get killed by someone, it is because he was smarter, faster, had better card loadout, or I was stupid. But I won or lost based on my own ability or failure, not because I had more HP and DMG by default, or he did, making the kill cheap and meaningless. Having uneven duels might be some's cup of tea...it isn't mine.

    Now please don't try and twist this into hatred crap. It is the desire to have the choice to have an even playing field, nothing more, nothing less.
  • skincarver wrote: »
    Phyxsius wrote: »

    Its why I cant agree with a large scale trooper mode personally, but I wont stop you from having it.

    Oh gee thanks, we're so grateful you won't further any more vendettas.

    I mean, considering the vendetta people have against heroes....

    There is no vendetta. There is a request to add new game modes, not change existing.

    1. Player wants to play heroes only, it plays one of two hero only modes, HvV or HS.
    2. Player wants to play large or small game modes, it gets heroes and special units or special units
    3. Player wants to play infantry only, just because, they have no mode to select.

    Nobody has any reason to oppose this request.

    Actually alot of the complaints and desire for the infantry only mode, without vehicles/special units/heroes, is because of some strange hatred for heroes that is misplaced. Ive heard so much anti hero stuff its ridiculous. All the Hero-lord slinging for anyone who has a different opinion then other CoD loving fanboys((See I can do it too, though mines sarcastic)).

    Its a misplaced hatred for heroes that bothers me. its not the desire for the mode, its the REASON for the desire.

    Dude, I truly cannot feel the hatred you mentioned, and to be fair: many of us a said this many times over- play however and whatever you like, hero or not- irrelevant. All we want is a mode for us troopers so we can enjoy this game without tiered units forced upon us- which (again) nobody who doesn’t like it have to play. Why is this so difficult to accept or understand?

    Ok, but whats the problem with tiered units? They are not unbeatable like people have stated, they dont go on super big kill streals, except Anakin. Everything posted was just... wrong.

    Ive never once had a hero go on a super high Killstreak that wasn't an anakin. I just dont see the desire in having a Call of Duty mode in Star Wars. And yes, it is the CLOSEST game to what you are asking for. No vehicles, no reinforcements, no heroes. The closest game to it, is Call of Duty. Why? What appeal could that be.


    and I never said you cant have it, but I would think something so minor as that should be the LAST t hing they do.

    more trooper guns, star cards/abilities, more classes, more maps, more heroes, more skins.

    All of these are substationally more important imo

    Well I’ve been playing this game for well over a year now and while I’m not necessarily opposed to the tiered unit concept, they failed miserably with it’s implementation here. Reinforcements aren’t an issue at all. Vehicles either. In fact I’m a fan of both of them. There are better ways to do it though. But the heroes, and they way they work, is a fail. 32 players become the doormats for 8. The disparity is too great to have 4. The exception is Heroes Unleashed. That’s a much better experience than standard GA. Many hero mains aren’t a fan of that mode since it removes the OP domaination rush that they get by defeating opponents with grossly inferior units.

    The BP system is also a fail. It incites spawn screen camping, non pto kill streak camping, and there are huge disparities between the classes in generating the BP. The desire of trooper players is simply to have a more reasonable playing field, without demigods sweeping along destroying everything in their path. This, just because they have selected a unit of limited access.

    I said I’ve been playing a long time. All my heroes are level 40 accept Anakin. I used to main heroes and get ridiculous killstreaks, but it got old. It’s just not as much fun playing with such a huge advantage. Now I find that trooper play is much more rewarding. That is, until a hero shows up and takes my squad out with a couple of button presses.

    HU is awesome. Standard GA is a joke. There is room in this game for a Battlefront(Battlefield Star Wars) experience without a select number super units running around disrupting quality gameplay.

    And yes, all or those “more” items you listed are important, but they wouldn’t change the fundamental flaw of limited super units.

    Then the solution is not the removal of heroes, its the fixing of the game mode which ive stated over and over to do.

    Take down the heroes for each side from 4-2 instead so its 4 heroes instead of 8 at a time.
    Take down how many reinforcements are on the battlefield((I dont know the exact number, but halfing it is a good idea.))

    Thats the problem. Its not the heroes, its the mode.
  • Phyxsius wrote: »
    Phyxsius wrote: »

    Its why I cant agree with a large scale trooper mode personally, but I wont stop you from having it.

    Oh gee thanks, we're so grateful you won't further any more vendettas.

    I mean, considering the vendetta people have against heroes....

    There is no vendetta. There is a request to add new game modes, not change existing.

    1. Player wants to play heroes only, it plays one of two hero only modes, HvV or HS.
    2. Player wants to play large or small game modes, it gets heroes and special units or special units
    3. Player wants to play infantry only, just because, they have no mode to select.

    Nobody has any reason to oppose this request.

    Actually alot of the complaints and desire for the infantry only mode, without vehicles/special units/heroes, is because of some strange hatred for heroes that is misplaced. Ive heard so much anti hero stuff its ridiculous. All the Hero-lord slinging for anyone who has a different opinion then other CoD loving fanboys((See I can do it too, though mines sarcastic)).

    Its a misplaced hatred for heroes that bothers me. its not the desire for the mode, its the REASON for the desire.

    It is simply the desire of playing on equal grounds, as equal as the 4 base classes can be, anyway. Is that simple.

    I don't hate heroes or tiered units and there was never a question about fighting with or against them, or being easy or hard.

    What this is about, however, is being able to play without having magic units on the field, with better dmg and hp. It is about having the choice to play how I want to, just as others have the same choice.

    Ultimately, and I am repeating myself, it is about the desire to play with equal units, not with higher dmg or hp. When I kill someone, or get killed by someone, it is because he was smarter, faster, had better card loadout, or I was stupid. But I won or lost based on my own ability or failure, not because I had more HP and DMG by default, or he did, making the kill cheap and meaningless. Having uneven duels might be some's cup of tea...it isn't mine.

    Now please don't try and twist this into hatred crap. It is the desire to have the choice to have an even playing field, nothing more, nothing less.

    Well, I mean, on a level playing field? Well, time to remove specialist as they aren't on the same level. They sit in teh back without any form of retaliation available.

    OOP. Time to remove the heavy shield. Vanguard gun.

    There is no such thing as a level playing field. There are always superior classes in games and superior weapons.

    I dont really think people understand that or have played enough FPS's to knwo this.


    And if you're asking ofr a infantry only mode, everything but infantry would go. Vehicles too. I dont think we need a only infantry mode of that size. That would take what Star Wars is, and turn it into something its not. *Shrug*
  • Phyxsius
    363 posts Member
    edited April 5
    Phyxsius wrote: »
    Phyxsius wrote: »

    Its why I cant agree with a large scale trooper mode personally, but I wont stop you from having it.

    Oh gee thanks, we're so grateful you won't further any more vendettas.

    I mean, considering the vendetta people have against heroes....

    There is no vendetta. There is a request to add new game modes, not change existing.

    1. Player wants to play heroes only, it plays one of two hero only modes, HvV or HS.
    2. Player wants to play large or small game modes, it gets heroes and special units or special units
    3. Player wants to play infantry only, just because, they have no mode to select.

    Nobody has any reason to oppose this request.

    Actually alot of the complaints and desire for the infantry only mode, without vehicles/special units/heroes, is because of some strange hatred for heroes that is misplaced. Ive heard so much anti hero stuff its ridiculous. All the Hero-lord slinging for anyone who has a different opinion then other CoD loving fanboys((See I can do it too, though mines sarcastic)).

    Its a misplaced hatred for heroes that bothers me. its not the desire for the mode, its the REASON for the desire.

    It is simply the desire of playing on equal grounds, as equal as the 4 base classes can be, anyway. Is that simple.

    I don't hate heroes or tiered units and there was never a question about fighting with or against them, or being easy or hard.

    What this is about, however, is being able to play without having magic units on the field, with better dmg and hp. It is about having the choice to play how I want to, just as others have the same choice.

    Ultimately, and I am repeating myself, it is about the desire to play with equal units, not with higher dmg or hp. When I kill someone, or get killed by someone, it is because he was smarter, faster, had better card loadout, or I was stupid. But I won or lost based on my own ability or failure, not because I had more HP and DMG by default, or he did, making the kill cheap and meaningless. Having uneven duels might be some's cup of tea...it isn't mine.

    Now please don't try and twist this into hatred crap. It is the desire to have the choice to have an even playing field, nothing more, nothing less.

    Well, I mean, on a level playing field? Well, time to remove specialist as they aren't on the same level. They sit in teh back without any form of retaliation available.

    OOP. Time to remove the heavy shield. Vanguard gun.

    There is no such thing as a level playing field. There are always superior classes in games and superior weapons.

    I dont really think people understand that or have played enough FPS's to knwo this.


    And if you're asking ofr a infantry only mode, everything but infantry would go. Vehicles too. I dont think we need a only infantry mode of that size. That would take what Star Wars is, and turn it into something its not. *Shrug*

    This is not a topic about which class is better or worse.

    They are equal or sensibly equal between themselves, which is better than a comparison between them and a special unit or a hero.

    As for the bold part: nobody will twist your arm into playing what you think Star Wars is not. You will still be happily playing your favorite game modes, just as a part of the player base will play their favorite modes.

    At the end of the day, regardless of what you think of an infantry only game mode, it is a choice that is not yours to make. You have your fun, while others still don't.

    Your argument seems to always be "this is not Star Wars", which is wrong from the start, as it is or could be for someone else. Further more, nobody will ever force you to play a game mode you don't like, as this will be a new option, not modify, so what it is or isn't is irrelevant to you.

    Again, you asked for an explanation, I have given it to you. It surely beats "I am against a new game mode I'll never play because it's not starwarsy enough".

  • Personally, I enjoy Jedi, Sith, and other iconic characters in the game. But it feels cheap, when you see them in every match, on a frequent basis. These are iconic characters, they weren't in every struggle and every little skirmish. I think it would add a sense of realism and appreciation to make them more precious to unlock, rather than a guarantee every match.

    Myself, I'd rather play as a trooper on the line, than an iconic character. I don't mind seeing an icon in my match, and fighting alongside/against them, but there have been plenty of Star Wars games that put you in the shoes of the **** heroes/villains. I enjoy playing as "my" grunt, "my" soldier.
  • Phyxsius wrote: »
    Phyxsius wrote: »
    Phyxsius wrote: »

    Its why I cant agree with a large scale trooper mode personally, but I wont stop you from having it.

    Oh gee thanks, we're so grateful you won't further any more vendettas.

    I mean, considering the vendetta people have against heroes....

    There is no vendetta. There is a request to add new game modes, not change existing.

    1. Player wants to play heroes only, it plays one of two hero only modes, HvV or HS.
    2. Player wants to play large or small game modes, it gets heroes and special units or special units
    3. Player wants to play infantry only, just because, they have no mode to select.

    Nobody has any reason to oppose this request.

    Actually alot of the complaints and desire for the infantry only mode, without vehicles/special units/heroes, is because of some strange hatred for heroes that is misplaced. Ive heard so much anti hero stuff its ridiculous. All the Hero-lord slinging for anyone who has a different opinion then other CoD loving fanboys((See I can do it too, though mines sarcastic)).

    Its a misplaced hatred for heroes that bothers me. its not the desire for the mode, its the REASON for the desire.

    It is simply the desire of playing on equal grounds, as equal as the 4 base classes can be, anyway. Is that simple.

    I don't hate heroes or tiered units and there was never a question about fighting with or against them, or being easy or hard.

    What this is about, however, is being able to play without having magic units on the field, with better dmg and hp. It is about having the choice to play how I want to, just as others have the same choice.

    Ultimately, and I am repeating myself, it is about the desire to play with equal units, not with higher dmg or hp. When I kill someone, or get killed by someone, it is because he was smarter, faster, had better card loadout, or I was stupid. But I won or lost based on my own ability or failure, not because I had more HP and DMG by default, or he did, making the kill cheap and meaningless. Having uneven duels might be some's cup of tea...it isn't mine.

    Now please don't try and twist this into hatred crap. It is the desire to have the choice to have an even playing field, nothing more, nothing less.

    Well, I mean, on a level playing field? Well, time to remove specialist as they aren't on the same level. They sit in teh back without any form of retaliation available.

    OOP. Time to remove the heavy shield. Vanguard gun.

    There is no such thing as a level playing field. There are always superior classes in games and superior weapons.

    I dont really think people understand that or have played enough FPS's to knwo this.


    And if you're asking ofr a infantry only mode, everything but infantry would go. Vehicles too. I dont think we need a only infantry mode of that size. That would take what Star Wars is, and turn it into something its not. *Shrug*

    This is not a topic about which class is better or worse.

    They are equal or sensibly equal between themselves, which is better than a comparison between them and a special unit or a hero.

    As for the bold part: nobody will twist your arm into playing what you think Star Wars is not. You will still be happily playing your favorite game modes, just as a part of the player base will play their favorite modes.

    At the end of the day, regardless of what you think of an infantry only game mode, it is a choice that is not yours to make. You have your fun, while others still don't.

    Your argument seems to always be "this is not Star Wars", which is wrong from the start, as it is or could be for someone else. Further more, nobody will ever force you to play a game mode you don't like, as this will be a new option, not modify, so what it is or isn't is irrelevant to you.

    Again, you asked for an explanation, I have given it to you. It surely beats "I am against a new game mode I'll never play because it's not starwarsy enough".

    Yes. This topic is about Hero obessession ruins the game, which isn't really the case. The game is ruined because its EA running the show and not actually giving a crap about teh game. .

    The only thing that 'ruins' the game is GA because its currently a **** show of a mode. CS is superior and im sure if it got the other eras, it be the top mode.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!