criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Rolling needs "slight" nerf

RebelScum13
66 posts Member
edited March 10
Please Dice, nerf rolling again. Maybe not as much as how it was the last time it was nerfed, although I found nothing wrong with the way it was nerfed before. My issue with how the rolling is now, is that you can be backed up or stuck against a wall and still be able to dodge or rather be invulnerable to lightsaber attacks. I have no problem with rolling out of the way or predicting a lightsaber strike to dodge it. But when you become invulnerable to a lighsaber attack when you are up against the wall, i think a slight nerf is needed. I am not saying go back to how it was when it was first nerfed, (although I wouldn't mind that) it just makes the gameplay look kind of sloppy and out of place for me. I would really appreciate it if this nerf would take place.

Replies

• RebelScum13
    66 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Disagree.....this is a terrible idea.

You obviously just need more practice in figuring out that you can just dodge with them until they run out of dodges then attack.....or use a blaster hero to finish them off.......or freeze them in blaster or pull them back too you. There are literally 100 things that you could do to finish them off. Just go learn how each of the characters works better.

Thanks for taking the time to notice my topic and leave a comment, but please try to be a little more respectful when you say you disagree with someones opinion and just give your reasons why. We are both here because we like playing this game and are trying to make it more enjoyable, fun and better for you, me, and everyone else. I understand you are strongly against nerfing the roll but, "100 things that you could do to finish them off" is a bit of an exaggeration don't you think?. I know you can freeze, pull, and choke them in place, but they can roll out of these abilities sometimes which is why am asking for a slight nerf. I am only asking for a "slight" nerf not a "major" nerf to rolling. When it was first nerfed I understand that it was a bit much, but I am not asking it to be nerfed back to that. If you disagree with me that is fine, we can agree to disagree, but please lets try to be respectful to each others opinions and each other, ok?

EDIT: Wow! You got a lot of badges and comments, and have made a lot of topics on this game! Thats cool man! You are very passionate about this game and want to see it get better! I see now why you comment the way you do.
  • willywonka7
    1505 posts Member
    edited March 12
    That's a pretty respectful comment, there are literally 100 ways to counter a roller.......don't be so sensitive!
  • I agree with this. Sure, I'm happy when I can just kill Luke all by myself as an assault or heavy, whatever... But when it happens to you it is no fun and I 100% guarantee it was no fun to the player you did it to... What a terrible waste of Battlepoints.

I'd want to see the roll nerfed aswell. Maybe a 50% damage reduction during rolls idk... But it is just plain annoying. If I had it my way, infantry classes would get 1 roll, reinforcements 2 rolls and heroes would get what fits them best (Why Dooku has 3 dodges and Maul doesn't is beyond me ...)

I also dislike the fact that you can dodge out of force abilities... Just stupid...

Atleast with the roll nerfed, you won't think "I'll just roll out the way and take out 80% of this Vader's health" you'll actually rethink about facing a lightsaber hero from short distance.

This also touches the topic of hero nerfing. Don't nerf Anakin... He is fun to use! Rather buff a villain so he becomes just as powerful and fun to use as Anakin.

Make the game fun, not boring. Reward people who fought to get a hero first, don't let them get killed because of infantry rollers...
  • You are rewarded....with a much more powerful character. If you can't figure out how to kill a standard character with a hero character then you need to practice.
  • Please Dice, nerf rolling again. Maybe not as much as how it was the last time it was nerfed, although I found nothing wrong with the way it was nerfed before. My issue with how the rolling is now, is that you can be backed up or stuck against a wall and still be able to dodge or rather be invulnerable to lightsaber attacks. I have no problem with rolling out of the way or predicting a lightsaber strike to dodge it. But when you become invulnerable to a lighsaber attack when you are up against the wall, i think a slight nerf is needed. I am not saying go back to how it was when it was first nerfed, (although I wouldn't mind that) it just makes the gameplay look kind of sloppy and out of place for me. I would really appreciate it if this nerf would take place.

No it doesn't need a nerf. Rather a boost specially for blaster heroes. Who are so underpowered its getting insanely ****. A lightsaber hero can just panic smash their regular attack to get close to you and you wont be able to shoot at the same time because you are trying to avoid their attacks by rolling. The game itself is badly balanced. Maps are not balanced out, classes are not balanced, heroes are not balanced, abilities are not balanced, rolling is not balanced. This is because DICE is to focused on bigger games like Battlefield. This is the type of game we get when a publisher drag all the mediocre developers into one place. Again, NO, it doesn't need a nerf. It needs a BOOST.
  • RebelScum13
    66 posts Member
    edited March 13
    That's a pretty respectful comment, there are literally 100 ways to counter a roller.......don't be so sensitive!

Ok bud, you have a good one. and "100 ways" is an exaggeration. But I understand you want to get you point across somehow.
  • Don't get mad cause I proved you wrong, your just boiling it down to six main topics to try and save face......in reality there are numerous attack that could be used. Yes each character has similar attack as the other, but that's one more attack to add to the list.

your 50 options + 3 teammates * their same 50 options = 200 options to counter a rolling player. AND yes you all can have the same 50 options because this game is still bugged to allow multiple players to play the same character from time to time.

If I was to use your flawed logic it all could be boiled down one main topic.......... learn to play the game to counter the roller because you have a ton of options.

• RebelScum13
    66 posts Member
    edited March 15
    Don't get mad cause I proved you wrong, your just boiling it down to six main topics to try and save face......in reality there are numerous attack that could be used. Yes each character has similar attack as the other, but that's one more attack to add to the list.

your 50 options + 3 teammates * their same 50 options = 200 options to counter a rolling player. AND yes you all can have the same 50 options because this game is still bugged to allow multiple players to play the same character from time to time.

If I was to use your flawed logic it all could be boiled down one main topic.......... learn to play the game to counter the roller because you have a ton of options.

Willy, look...I can say the same for you bud! You are trying to save face because I told you that you are exaggerating when you say there are over 100 ways to counter a roller. So basically, you gave me an over expounded list of 150 ways to counter a roller when in actuality it was only 6 ways copied and pasted to the 20 different characters doing each of these ways in similar fashion so on and so forth.

How about this; we are both right "from a certain point of view." :wink:

Ok then, if you want to say there are over 100 ways to counter a roller then that is fine, but let me ask you this then....Why should it take over 100 ways just to counter a single roller. By you making this long list of ways that can counter a roller, doesn't that kind of prove my point that rolling needs a slight nerf? If you have to type up a long list about how to counter a roller, don't you see an issue with how the rolling is right now? If it didn't need a nerf, don't you think your list should be a lot smaller, or did you just want to make it that long just to save face? :wink:

• Lol over expounded....trying to use large words that you don't understand. Expounded means a detailed list of, which yes I gave you a detailed list of all the exact ways that you didn't understand of how to counter a roller. Just get over it you lost and have been proven wrong. You can boil it down to 6 main categories but the detailed list of all the exact ways is quite large and if you would just learn to use them some of them there would be no need for any of this.

Palm slap to the forehead.......it doesn't take over a 100 ways to counter a roller! It only takes 1 or 2 from the list that i have complied. You just have to know what your doing. The list is just to show you that you have options to use to counter a roller.

I don't need to save face kid........
    rrpotueupofw.gif

• Arcanewarrior
    463 posts Member
    edited March 18

You obviously just need more practice in figuring out that you can just dodge with them until they run out of dodges then attack

This is all well and good in theory but it doesnt always play out like this. Meanwhile you get shot in the back whilst trying to outdodge a trooper that is making an absoloute fool out of you even if just for a few seconds its enough to get you killed. This is all due to being invincible during a combat roll its pathetic imo. Saber users are not immune to explosions or blaster bolts when dodging.

Check this i recorded a lot of clips and put them together

If you can watch that and tell me thats ok then you are tapped lol
  • Palm slap to the forehead......another uninformed battlefront player @Arcanewarrior
    I've already replied to you previously in another post about the exact same video that you are showing now.

Some of the issues you show in the video are optimization problems and lag problems on the EA servers. It not only happens with rolling but a lot of other abilities. Take this issue for example, I was hit with force choke, but the game has an issue with detecting that I was hit with the ability before I put my block up.....again because of server optimization problems and lag.

Lightsaber block issues (Lag and Optimization problems)

Han Detonite charge thrown and lands, but not activated because another ability interrupted my detonite charge animation (Server problems and/or animation problems)

The common point between these videos above and yours is that the servers can't detect super fast actions sent to the server at the same time and it doesn't know what to do to resolve them properly and/or the game is not properly programmed to handle cancelled animation states on the server.

Go learn more about the games problems before you go around claiming one ability needs a nerf.....a lot of abilities are like this including force powers, rolls, and standard lightsaber swings.

A perfect roll giving you damage invulnerability is just how the game is designed to work......it's hard to agree with you anyway when 1 second later you killed pretty much every player you showed in the video.

Also in the Obiwan videos your aimer wasn't pointed at the player for part of the attack and that's why you missed him so many times......second palm slap to the forehead...... just look at 0:34 in the video your screen and aimer(where the cross mark comes up at) are pointed at the wall and not the flame trooper is off to the side of you. You will notice that the same things happens to yoda a lot. In order to prevent this from happening you have to keep the center of your screen/aimer pointed directly at the center of the player at all times to hit them everytime. It's like if your shooting a target with a blaster and your not aimed at the target you will miss......same thing is happening here in some of the video clips.
  • Arcanewarrior
    463 posts Member
    edited March 18
    Sorry bro but i disagree. It should not be like this the invulnerability time during a roll is too long. I have been playing since day 1 and i love this game but enough is enough just look at that first clip its dreadful! He hadnt even rolled yet and i landed the strike clean! The invulnerabililty window should start when the animation has at gotten half way through diving.

You talk about the recticle being on the target whilst attacking. Do you not think this occured to me? How about i palm slap you in real life like a bishh. This is why i made sure to add plenty of clips with different characters in different games/lobbies and tried to pick the most accurate ones to demonstrate my point. The Obi-wan vs the flametrooper is the one you are reffering to? Ok count that one out if you must lol but it is evident that rolling needs tweaking.
  • So all in all, EA/DICE are cheaping out on servers and we still pay full buck for bad multiplayer?
  • When I say palm slap to the forehead that's me hitting my forehead out of the shear foolishness of these comments and how you don't even analyze what your saying.

You might have been playing since day one.....but you still lack the basic understanding of the the server issues.

To add to it, the multiple videos you show all regularly show the same thing. You regularly missing the character because you aren't aiming at them. The only videos that show the problem you are talking about are luke on Starkiller base and second obiwan video on Crait where the enemy started rolling at the same time you hit them. Yeah maybe this could be looked at, but again you still killed them immediately after they came out of the roll. So it's not really a problem then now is it? The real problem is that the blaster heroes are unbalanced against the lightsaber characters in HvV. Right now the dodge is the only thing that is keeping HvV somewhat balanced between blaster and lightsaber characters. Especially since they nerfed the stuns that people couldn't figure out how to cancel/avoid.

The rest of the videos you showed:
    1. First obiwan video doesn't show anything other than you weren't aiming at them for part of the attack and they also rolled to get away. Yes they had invulnerability while they were rolling, but you still killed them once they got up. That's how the game is designed and it works fine because once they got up you still killed them.
    2. Grievous clip immediately after obiwan clips, you were doing a thrust surge at the same time he rolled, so of course you missed. You still hit them once they were out of invulnerable state. If you want them to just be invulnerable during the middle of the roll then this would still happen.
    3. Dooku video actually shows a different issue.....the same issue luke had with the first strike regularly missing. Happens pretty regularly to Dooku.
    4. Kylo Lando video is old and Lando can't roll that many times consecutively before he has to recharge his rolls. Also most people know to let lando roll it out and then they pull him back to him or they frenzy to close the distance and finish him. This video doesn't apply anymore because he can only roll twice consecutively now before he has to cool down. Also during segments of this video when you slow it down you can see your flat out not aiming at Lando again. Then add to it Lando delpoyed smoke, so your close attack no longer worked. You just flat out were not aiming at him at all again.
    5. The second Grievous clip when you were on the stairs in Kamino it looked like you where aiming just barely above the players head when you started swinging and were hoping that the swing would hit them because the animation was swinging through the player. The second swing should have hit, but it could be lag issues.....it's hard to say since you cut the rest of the video; however, no one was rolling here so it's obviously not the roll problem. This is more the problem with attacking people from uneven surfaces or at different levels. This has been a known issue since launch and can be seen in force powers a lot. They attempt to fix it, but never truly fix the problem. So it just shows you that it isn't the roll, but something else causing the problem.......HELLO!
    6. The Luke-Boba fett video you just got unlucky and swung at him while he was doing a perfect dodge and he got away with on one of the dodges. Fett's dodge is really short, so if you only want dodge to be invulnerable during the middle you probably still would have missed Fett here.

THE MAIN THING YOU AREN'T UNDERSTANDING AND THAT I'M TRYING TO TELL YOU IS THAT YOUR GENERALLY MISSING PEOPLE BECAUSE YOU AREN'T KEEPING THE AIMER POINTED AT THE PLAYER AT ALL TIMES. IF YOUR AIMER ISN'T POINTED AT THE PLAYER THEN THE LIGHTSABER WIELDING CHARACTER WILL MISS......EVEN IF THE ANIMATION SWINGS THROUGH THE PLAYER. THE GAME IS DESIGNED SO THAT IT HAS TO CHECK THAT YOUR AIMING AT THE PLAYER TO CONSIDER IT A HIT. THAT'S HOW ALL VIDEO GAMES WORK THE AIMER HAS TO BE AIMED AT THE TARGET TO HIT THE TARGET.

In addition the game has issues with hitting people who aren't on the same level as you. This definitely needs to be addressed still, but it's causing more of your problems too not just the roll.

• flcnrelic
    99 posts Member
    edited March 19
    This had to be the most entertaining post I've seen so far. Keep it going all, this is fun.
    PC: xxRustyRelicxx | PS4: dbarelic | Xbox: RustyPapaRelic
  • @willywonka7 haha bro skimmed through your long azz post you talk some bull buddy. You can think what you like and as for the server issues who knows but that isnt my/other players fault so it needs fixing my aiming is fine bro aside for the obi wan clip so hut ya mouth lol trying to make excuses to justify buggy gameplay. People are laughing at you mate lol just stop.
  • So all in all, EA/DICE are cheaping out on servers and we still pay full buck for bad multiplayer?

Yeah they don't have enough resources or they are over using their resources by putting too much on one server to handle.

• @willywonka7 haha bro skimmed through your long azz post you talk some bull buddy. You can think what you like and as for the server issues who knows but that isnt my/other players fault so it needs fixing my aiming is fine bro aside for the obi wan clip so hut ya mouth lol trying to make excuses to justify buggy gameplay. People are laughing at you mate lol just stop.

Your aim is not fine and the Kylo-Lando video shows this pretty clearly...especially when you slow it down.

71nhs11s926g.png
    arrweznzmkm7.png
    yk24c8eszuv7.png
    jb3fqv9aqqhc.png
    zdg72xh12dij.png

ximbft0elpma.png
    hmfy0mz01xsz.png
    uf1nncna3cfg.png
    hod0gs2nxiyn.png
    w5sw4001qjgs.png
    qw7pix3tu80c.png

7qx18k4cjfdt.png
    l1or3zsriqhj.png

If I had to guess your focusing too much on where the position of the lightsaber is at and the enemy and not where the position of your aimer is at.

• RebelScum13
    66 posts Member
    edited March 22
    @willywonka7 haha bro skimmed through your long azz post you talk some bull buddy. You can think what you like and as for the server issues who knows but that isnt my/other players fault so it needs fixing my aiming is fine bro aside for the obi wan clip so hut ya mouth lol trying to make excuses to justify buggy gameplay. People are laughing at you mate lol just stop.

Your aim is not fine and the Kylo-Lando video shows this pretty clearly...especially when you slow it down.

71nhs11s926g.png
    arrweznzmkm7.png
    yk24c8eszuv7.png
    jb3fqv9aqqhc.png
    zdg72xh12dij.png

ximbft0elpma.png
    hmfy0mz01xsz.png
    uf1nncna3cfg.png
    hod0gs2nxiyn.png
    w5sw4001qjgs.png
    qw7pix3tu80c.png

7qx18k4cjfdt.png
    l1or3zsriqhj.png

If I had to guess your focusing too much on where the position of the lightsaber is at and the enemy and not where the position of your aimer is at.

@willywonka7 I noticed in one of his clips with the Flametrooper in the tunnel on Craite even though his aimer wasn't on him, you can hear and see he was making contact with the flamtrooper by listening to the sound of the lightsaber hits and you can also see the sparks flying everytime he swung. Those should be registered as hits even if his aimer wasn't on him. It could be a glitch or lag, but he definitely was making contact with him despite the aimer not being on him. I guess that could be made into another topic of how the lightsaber mechanics should be changed. Or make a bigger hit box with the lightsaber.

As for the Boba Fett clip on Endor, You can see that he hits him with Luke 3 times which should have defeated Boba Fett. I think because Boba was dodging backwards is the reason it didn't register as a hit but the problem his that boba had no where to dodge, he was stuck up against a wall and couldn't dodge back any farther, and I noticed a lot of this happening and that is why I made this topic in the first place. It shouldn't be a dodge if you can't go anywhere or you are stuck.

Rolling should not make you invulnerable is my point, all I asked for was a "slight" nerf. Although I would like it if they nerfed it back to what is used to be. If the lightsaber is able to go through the opponent whether he is dodging or not. It should count as a hit, end of story.

It should be considered as well with the new lightsaber mechanics coming this month. You will not be able to swing your lightsaber once stamina has run out is what I heard.
  • not sure if this has been mentioned in the above posts, but maybe can just lower the roll count from 2 to 1 for normal troopers. reinforcements can keep the 2 rolls. so this might make it comparable to Halo 5's thruster ability (use once and wait for after it cools down before using again). maybe can keep it to one roll every 2 seconds?

may the force be with you.

• I noticed in one of his clips with the Flametrooper in the tunnel on Crait even though his aimer wasn't on him, you can hear and see he was making contact with the flametrooper by listening to the sound of the lightsaber hits and you can also see the sparks flying everytime he swung. Those should be registered as hits even if his aimer wasn't on him. It could be a glitch or lag, but he definitely was making contact with him despite the aimer not being on him. I guess that could be made into another topic of how the lightsaber mechanics should be changed. Or make a bigger hit box with the lightsaber.

I don't know how exactly the game is programmed, but based on my expert opinion and thousands of hours of game play. In order to hit the enemy more consistently you have to keep the aimer pointed at the enemy at all times. Yes the game still sometimes registers a hit even though your aimer isn't pointed directly at them, but I think that it is because of one of two reasons. There is either a hit box area that is activated every time you swing and it checks if anything is in that area of attack, so if you aren't aiming at the target and they are still in the hit box area it will hit them.....either that or the lunge mechanics locks on to the target if you were initially aiming at them and does a first swing to hit them and then after that a lot of the attacks are not using lunge strikes, so it goes back to normal "hitbox" attacks, so if they aren't in the hit box area it will miss. This means that you would have to keep the aimer pointed at the enemy at all times to ensure 100% hits at all times they are within range of attack.

This seems to be the way the game is setup because if you use either Yoda or Dooku.....the ones with the worst lunge attack, or the slowest, you will notice this issue a lot. You will also notice if you have played a lot that if you keep the aimer fluidly moving and pointing at the enemy at all times the game is more likely to hit the target......at least if you swing and they are still within range and the aimer is pointed at them constantly.

• As for the Boba Fett clip on Endor, You can see that he hits him with Luke 3 times which should have defeated Boba Fett. I think because Boba was dodging backwards is the reason it didn't register as a hit but the problem his that boba had no where to dodge, he was stuck up against a wall and couldn't dodge back any farther, and I noticed a lot of this happening and that is why I made this topic in the first place. It shouldn't be a dodge if you can't go anywhere or you are stuck.

Yeah Boba was dodging constantly and that is why he missed. Boba can't dodge that many times consecutively anymore.....it's another old video before we got the update to restrict the number of dodges before cooldown happened.....so this doesn't happen a lot anymore if at all because everyone only gets two dodges (except Dooku with 3).

In order to fix that problem truly Dice would have to address all of these issues that are directly causing the problem.
    1. put in a lot of time and effort....which they won't do.....to update the environment to create spots that you aren't allowed to dodge at or into for every map.
    2. Then they also would probably have to go update the game engine code and all hero character code to fully address the problem with how contacts are dealt with in terms of whether this animation will land before that one for every character ability usage against every other character's dodge/block/lightsaber attack animation. As everyone's animation speeds are different for special attack's, lightsaber attacks. and even roll/dodge animations speeds; this means that every character has to have a lot of extra programming done to resolve these issue states and animation time differences. That is what you are suggesting needs to be resolved where the animations more accurately depict what is happening in the game. Right now the code is more generic to state if dodge was used then attack is cancelled, but the animation is still going through the character because again animation times are off.
    3. Then they would have create better cancellation state's in the program. This would mean unique cancellation state's for every attack and dodge on every character against every other attack and dodge on every other character. The game was made more generic where most all attacks will be considered or considered a miss if you do a block or dodge....even though animations aren't lining up with what the programming is doing completely.
    4. Then they would have to go and also address the dodge animations of all the characters and spend a lot of time fine tuning the dodge animations against other characters to determine if it should be a hit or a miss for that character.
    5. Then they have to go address server issues and the number of people that can play in one game, so that server optimization is better. This would probably mean less players in GA and large scale game mode to address all the extra code that comes with every player that the game is trying to process. As you have now added more code for every character that must be processed by the server. Then address all other server optimization problems.....what to do if someone's is lagging....etc.
    6. They also just need to reset the servers because it doesn't seem that the servers are processing the current code accurately anymore.....with new bugs and rag doll issues getting worse everyday.

It's a huge update and effort to address that problem in the game. A problem that might get better resolution once we find out the details of the lightsaber combat update. Also an effort that will take time and resources away from developing new content and bug fixes. Also it will take up more space on our gaming devices as i'm already getting really close to my storage limit on my PS4 with how huge this game is currently.

• As for the Boba Fett clip on Endor, You can see that he hits him with Luke 3 times which should have defeated Boba Fett. I think because Boba was dodging backwards is the reason it didn't register as a hit but the problem his that boba had no where to dodge, he was stuck up against a wall and couldn't dodge back any farther, and I noticed a lot of this happening and that is why I made this topic in the first place. It shouldn't be a dodge if you can't go anywhere or you are stuck.

Yeah Boba was dodging constantly and that is why he missed. Boba can't dodge that many times consecutively anymore.....it's another old video before we got the update to restrict the number of dodges before cooldown happened.....so this doesn't happen a lot anymore if at all because everyone only gets two dodges (except Dooku with 3).

In order to fix that problem truly Dice would have to address all of these issues that are directly causing the problem.
    1. put in a lot of time and effort....which they won't do.....to update the environment to create spots that you aren't allowed to dodge at or into for every map.
    2. Then they also would probably have to go update the game engine code and all hero character code to fully address the problem with how contacts are dealt with in terms of whether this animation will land before that one for every character ability usage against every other character's dodge/block/lightsaber attack animation. As everyone's animation speeds are different for special attack's, lightsaber attacks. and even roll/dodge animations speeds; this means that every character has to have a lot of extra programming done to resolve these issue states and animation time differences. That is what you are suggesting needs to be resolved where the animations more accurately depict what is happening in the game. Right now the code is more generic to state if dodge was used then attack is cancelled, but the animation is still going through the character because again animation times are off.
    3. Then they would have create better cancellation state's in the program. This would mean unique cancellation state's for every attack and dodge on every character against every other attack and dodge on every other character. The game was made more generic where most all attacks will be considered or considered a miss if you do a block or dodge....even though animations aren't lining up with what the programming is doing completely.
    4. Then they would have to go and also address the dodge animations of all the characters and spend a lot of time fine tuning the dodge animations against other characters to determine if it should be a hit or a miss for that character.
    5. Then they have to go address server issues and the number of people that can play in one game, so that server optimization is better. This would probably mean less players in GA and large scale game mode to address all the extra code that comes with every player that the game is trying to process. As you have now added more code for every character that must be processed by the server. Then address all other server optimization problems.....what to do if someone's is lagging....etc.
    6. They also just need to reset the servers because it doesn't seem that the servers are processing the current code accurately anymore.....with new bugs and rag doll issues getting worse everyday.

It's a huge update and effort to address that problem in the game. A problem that might get better resolution once we find out the details of the lightsaber combat update. Also an effort that will take time and resources away from developing new content and bug fixes. Also it will take up more space on our gaming devices as i'm already getting really close to my storage limit on my PS4 with how huge this game is currently.

Yikes!! But I just want a "slight" nerf to rolling, surely it wouldn't require all this, would it? I mean they have nerfed it before.
  • Arcanewarrior
    463 posts Member
    edited March 23
    Nah hes talking bollox they fid nerf it before lol. hes just defending the game's problems whilst we are trying to give constructive criticism. i regularly kill people without the recticle pointed on a target it does not need to be perfectly aligned because sabers have a swing arc
  • Right!!!!!

You hit people because of the swing arc(the edges of the hit box)......but you also miss more often because you don't have the aimer pointed at the enemy continuously and the swing arc wasn't in range. Most of the problem that your having is because of poor aim.

Even in 2 of 3 videos that had the perfect evade when you swung through them and it didn't count......you still killed them instantly after they were finished rolling.

Even if they changed the roll you'd still complain about the fact that you couldn't hit people because your aim sucks!
  • In HvV the roll limitation is death to blaster heroes. In GA it wouldn't be much of a difference if it were shortened or removed from blaster heroes since you have all these guns to spam the hero. In HvV you are toast if you can't roll away from a sabre strike spam because your ran out of rolls. A roll may not save you, but it might keep you alive long enough for a team mate to take the pressure off.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Disagree.....this is a terrible idea.

You obviously just need more practice in figuring out that you can just dodge with them until they run out of dodges then attack.....or use a blaster hero to finish them off.......or freeze them in blaster or pull them back too you. There are literally 100 things that you could do to finish them off. Just go learn how each of the characters works better.

Thanks for taking the time to notice my topic and leave a comment, but please try to be a little more respectful when you say you disagree with someones opinion and just give your reasons why. We are both here because we like playing this game and are trying to make it more enjoyable, fun and better for you, me, and everyone else. I understand you are strongly against nerfing the roll but, "100 things that you could do to finish them off" is a bit of an exaggeration don't you think?. I know you can freeze, pull, and choke them in place, but they can roll out of these abilities sometimes which is why am asking for a slight nerf. I am only asking for a "slight" nerf not a "major" nerf to rolling. When it was first nerfed I understand that it was a bit much, but I am not asking it to be nerfed back to that. If you disagree with me that is fine, we can agree to disagree, but please lets try to be respectful to each others opinions and each other, ok?

EDIT: Wow! You got a lot of badges and comments, and have made a lot of topics on this game! Thats cool man! You are very passionate about this game and want to see it get better! I see now why you comment the way you do.

He comments this way because he is right, and if the nerf roll, it is in favor for the ligthsaber heroes and not for blasters, which allows the blasters to be easy kills.
  • DK_Bastian wrote: »

He comments this way because he is right, and if the nerf roll, it is in favor for the ligthsaber heroes and not for blasters, which allows the blasters to be easy kills.

He can talk however, and say whatever he wants, I don't really care, we settled that already. It really has nothing to do with him being right or wrong. Its just his opinion and a preference that he feels strongly about so he expresses that in the way he words things. He is not in favor of the nerf roll because he feels that it would make blaster heroes weaker against lightsaber heroes. And he is right, but only at close range which is how it should really be. I like lightsaber heroes and I think they should have a huge advantage at close range vs troopers and blaster heroes. I can give you some counter tips on how to counter lightsaber heroes if they do nerf the roll. Its not that hard. Its simple, lightsabers dominate close quarters, and blasters dominate distance and support fire, they both have there strength and weaknesses and I believe they should be played as such. It's my opinion and how I would like the game to be so I can find it more fun and enjoyable for me, and I'm sure many others can agree with me as well, as I am sure there are others that may agree with you and him.
  • Maybe a lot of you should have never cried about this terrible rolling mechanic when it was missing in Battlefront 2015.
  • No. It's fine
    My name is Bob

He can talk however, and say whatever he wants, I don't really care, we settled that already. It really has nothing to do with him being right or wrong. Its just his opinion and a preference that he feels strongly about so he expresses that in the way he words things. He is not in favor of the nerf roll because he feels that it would make blaster heroes weaker against lightsaber heroes. And he is right, but only at close range which is how it should really be. I like lightsaber heroes and I think they should have a huge advantage at close range vs troopers and blaster heroes. I can give you some counter tips on how to counter lightsaber heroes if they do nerf the roll. Its not that hard. Its simple, lightsabers dominate close quarters, and blasters dominate distance and support fire, they both have there strength and weaknesses and I believe they should be played as such. It's my opinion and how I would like the game to be so I can find it more fun and enjoyable for me, and I'm sure many others can agree with me as well, as I am sure there are others that may agree with you and him.

I've played this game more hours than you can imagine, tips for the game? No thanks, i can most of the time outrun (kill) 3 enemy heroes when i am the only one against them.
    And counter people as a blaster heroes when they have a lightsaber? - just don't rolling backwards all the time? i survived for atleast 3-4 minutes getting chased by Vader, Kylo, Palpatine, while rolling forward, when they were in front of me, and backwards when they turn around trying to hit me
  • Rolling is dumb but I understand you need some game mechanic to avoid lightsabers. I do think rolling needs to use more stamina, so the rolling eventually ends. I also don’t think you should be able to roll away from electrocution.
    DK_Bastian wrote: »

I've played this game more hours than you can imagine, tips for the game? No thanks, i can most of the time outrun (kill) 3 enemy heroes when i am the only one against them.
    And counter people as a blaster heroes when they have a lightsaber? - just don't rolling backwards all the time? i survived for atleast 3-4 minutes getting chased by Vader, Kylo, Palpatine, while rolling forward, when they were in front of me, and backwards when they turn around trying to hit me

Ok, maybe you misunderstood me. I said "IF" they nerf the roll then I can give you some tips. Because some people complain that it would be unfair for blaster heroes, and so, I said I can give you tips on how to counter lightsabers, "IF" they nerf it. I wasn't saying you are a noob or a bad player.

So you survived 3-4 minutes against Vader, Kylo, and Palpatine by rolling back and forth, and you still don't think that the roll needs a slight nerf? Your comment shows how broken the rolling is if you are able to survive that long against Vader, Kylo, and Palpatine. It would be more impressive if you did that if the rolling wasn't broken.
  • RebelScum13
    66 posts Member
    edited March 29
    Maybe a lot of you should have never cried about this terrible rolling mechanic when it was missing in Battlefront 2015.

I remember that, rolling couldn't save you in that game. It was completely usless. You can do a perfect roll to get out of the way, but the lightsaber would still hit you. I'm not asking for it to be like that. I'm just asking for it to be slightly nerfed and everyone starts panicking thinking that I'm asking for Dice to remove rolling altogether.
    Post edited by RebelScum13 on
  • hosco33
    209 posts Member
    edited April 1
    -deleted-
  • Iceninja
    409 posts Member
    I liked the Battlefront 2015 one because I was one of the only ones who could do it, so I melted hero’s when I surprised them and rolled away.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • Rolling is one of the best parts of the game and its FUN - what the game should be about. Gives a skilled player chances much abilities. And its fair as everyone has it or a dodge. Also its limited as you can roll only two times.
    Actually I like the rolling so much I feel frustrated in games now that don't have that which are almost all. Lol.

Seriously: If one thing is balanced,fair and fun in the game it is rolling. Period.
  • RebelScum13
    66 posts Member
    edited April 4
    @GarthRevan I agree with you. Rolling is a cool feature in the game, and it is fun to use, I just think it should be nerfed a little, but not to the point that it would be useless of course. That's just my opinion.