criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Star Wars Battlefront 2015?

Prev1
Just wondering. Am I the only one that has gone back to playing only SWBF2015 for my fun Star Wars fix after realizing that this game SWBF2 has become nothing but bugs on top of bugs. Unleveled matches on both sides and most modes.

It has been so long since I had a really great game of HvV or Assualt. A game that took forever but not because people were running or camping or hiding and cuddling, but because the match kept going back and forth, everyone was fighting and everyone was enjoying themselves. Well I went back to 2015 and there it was. I played mode after mode, Enjoying every minute of it and realized i didnt need BF2 to get better and have new content, I just needed to give 2015 a break for a while. Such a superior game to BF2 minus the mechanics tweaks made for BF2.

Note: I even realized the only maps I really enjoy on BF2 are Naboo, and the 2 ported maps from 2015 lol

Replies

• Aggress
    541 posts Member
    Is swbf1 still popular on Xbox? I haven't tried it in ages.
  • CallMeDeee
    1663 posts Member
    I play it on weekends and can usually find a full lobby after a couple of tries. Death Star and stuff are usually empty though... supremacy is where it’s at.
  • d0kRX
    1425 posts Member
    I have been playing mostly SWBF2015 for the last month or more. It's fun, I usually don't have problems with finding matches. I play on PS4, I sure wish I could play some of the DLC! Outer rim is my favorite and I can regularly get matches there, but the other dlc I can't. I miss bespin and want to try out scarif and death star.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Aggress
    541 posts Member
    I felt Scarif was the best DLC for that game. I loved the 3 stages. :'(
  • Aggress wrote: »

Infiltration was really fun
    My name is Bob

• Rookz
    5 posts Member
    So, if swbf2 had a jump pack that could be unlocked like in swbf1 i'd probably be playing more swbf2.... Not sure why, but I am addicted to the jump pack....
  • d0kRX
    1425 posts Member
    Rookz wrote: »
    So, if swbf2 had a jump pack that could be unlocked like in swbf1 i'd probably be playing more swbf2.... Not sure why, but I am addicted to the jump pack....

Yeah it is kind of addicting.
  • Spiito
    1872 posts Member
    I switch between playing swbf15 and swbf2, because Cargo & HvV are my two favorite modes.
    Han Solo: "We're gonna win."
    Qi'ra: "It’s not that kind of game, Han. The object is not to win but to stay in it as long as you can."
  • MWB33
    1384 posts Member
    edited April 4
    Going on 2 solid hours of Outer Rim action this evening. Teams have been consistently full the whole time. At most maybe 2 occasional open slots, and refilled quickly.

Edit:
    Just backed out and found a full lobby of Bespin. Going to run with this now.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • d0kRX
    1425 posts Member
    @MWB33 bespin?! Oh I totally envy you, enjoy it!
  • I am starting to do it more and more. The bugs are getting out of hand
  • I also am sick of being shaken when I get force pushed. This game has great graphics. But it is put together with duct tape and super glue
  • I played it a while back when the bf2 servers were down. Couldnt do it. I rarely go back and play old games unless it was a masterpiece like resident evil 4. Bf15 is not. If you're enjoying it, good for you. This game has its problems for sure, but jump packs and bacta bombs aren't part of them.

It might be because I played that game even more than this mess and was ready for something new.
  • Spiito
    1872 posts Member
    I played it a while back when the bf2 servers were down. Couldnt do it. I rarely go back and play old games unless it was a masterpiece like resident evil 4. Bf15 is not. If you're enjoying it, good for you. This game has its problems for sure, but jump packs and bacta bombs aren't part of them.

It might be because I played that game even more than this mess and was ready for something new.

What are your clocked numbers like, for the two games? Just curious.
    Qi'ra: "It’s not that kind of game, Han. The object is not to win but to stay in it as long as you can."
  • Hesha
    461 posts Member
    Aggress wrote: »

I’m really hoping we get a new scariff map. It would look so beautiful.
  • Spiito wrote: »
    I played it a while back when the bf2 servers were down. Couldnt do it. I rarely go back and play old games unless it was a masterpiece like resident evil 4. Bf15 is not. If you're enjoying it, good for you. This game has its problems for sure, but jump packs and bacta bombs aren't part of them.

What are your clocked numbers like, for the two games? Just curious.

I'm not sure, I dont think ps4 has that detail, although I never really dug deep in that regard. But based on my totals i see weekly, probably something like 1800 to 2000 on 15 and over a thousand on bf2. I'd guess I've played bf2 at least 25 percent less than bf15 for various reasons, particularly the absence of hutt contracts and lack of new maps. I've found it hard to get motivated to play this one daily for extended periods of time for a while now. I was playing 15 very regularly up until bf2's horrific launch.
  • I only play swbf15. Runs smoother and is alot more stable and is way more fast paced and fun. HvV is way better and heroes actually feel like heroes who can take a beating. The whole new stamina thing in tbe current game is a mess and breaks the flow of the game. Heroes feel like reinforcements now instead of heroes and die way too fast. Blaster fire is less true to sw and way less spectacular. Many things are worse now even maps.
  • Spiito
    1872 posts Member
    [...]
    I'm not sure, I dont think ps4 has that detail, although I never really dug deep in that regard. But based on my totals i see weekly, probably something like 1800 to 2000 on 15 and over a thousand on bf2. I'd guess I've played bf2 at least 25 percent less than bf15 for various reasons, particularly the absence of hutt contracts and lack of new maps. I've found it hard to get motivated to play this one daily for extended periods of time for a while now. I was playing 15 very regularly up until bf2's horrific launch.

I think you have to go to the Playstation network profile website in order to view total time logged on a certain game, but I'm just guessing.
    Hmm. Interesting though. Thank you for indulging me.
  • Spiito wrote: »
    [...]

I think you have to go to the Playstation network profile website in order to view total time logged on a certain game, but I'm just guessing.
    Hmm. Interesting though. Thank you for indulging me.

I'll have to take a look when I get a chance, but I thought I read we couldn't get that info on ps4. I uninstalled bf15 a while back, but maybe I'll give it a go again. I need to uninstall rdr2 anyway, that game bored me to tears. I dont think I'm a open world type player, because I have the same problem with gta. I just end up killing someone and running from the cops/law all game.
  • MWB33
    1384 posts Member
    I tried once. I didn't get a single match anywhere. Where I am, the game is dead. Not to mention, despite its many problems, I just like BF II more than BF. And, I don't care what you people say, this game is better than Battlefront 2015. It has more content in every way, the mechanics are superior in more ways than they're inferior, and you can play across all eras.

I agree that in many areas 15 is dead (especially on PC). It's alive and well on consoles in North America. I like both games, but my disappointment level with 17 is far higher than with 15. I expected 17 to carry over a lot of what was done well on the previous game, then ditch or improve what was not done well. Instead they carried over and ditched good and bad things.

They each have their positives and negatives. 17 is visually superior and multiple eras is a big plus. However when it comes to content...BF 2017 does not have more in every way. Just to point out a couple: BF15 had more modes, especially in the fact that they were diversified to cater across multiple interests. To go along with that 15 had more small mode maps, with the majority of them being unique from the large modes. A large % of 17's small mode maps are just cutout sections of the large mode maps.

The diversity of the modes is what has led to me migrating back over. There is no mode on 17 that gives me the same CQC, infantry only, frenetic back & forth of Cargo. Extraction comes close, but the fact that it only has 2 maps decreases the replay ability.

So for you, 17 is better, and that's fine. For me I can't say that 17 is unequivocally better. Because if it was for me, then this fact wouldn't exist:

Getting the Infiltrator to L30 last Thursday restored my status with 17 as having everything at max level & 100% milestones. I played one additional match after that, then realized I didn't want to play anymore. I logged out and haven't had any desire to play that game since. When I have played, it's been BF15 Cargo (and last night 3+ hours of Outer Rim & Bespin).
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • MWB33 wrote: »
    I tried once. I didn't get a single match anywhere. Where I am, the game is dead. Not to mention, despite its many problems, I just like BF II more than BF. And, I don't care what you people say, this game is better than Battlefront 2015. It has more content in every way, the mechanics are superior in more ways than they're inferior, and you can play across all eras.

I agree that in many areas 15 is dead (especially on PC). It's alive and well on consoles in North America. I like both games, but my disappointment level with 17 is far higher than with 15. I expected 17 to carry over a lot of what was done well on the previous game, then ditch or improve what was not done well. Instead they carried over and ditched good and bad things.

They each have their positives and negatives. 17 is visually superior and multiple eras is a big plus. However when it comes to content...BF 2017 does not have more in every way. Just to point out a couple: BF15 had more modes, especially in the fact that they were diversified to cater across multiple interests. To go along with that 15 had more small mode maps, with the majority of them being unique from the large modes. A large % of 17's small mode maps are just cutout sections of the large mode maps.

The diversity of the modes is what has led to me migrating back over. There is no mode on 17 that gives me the same CQC, infantry only, frenetic back & forth of Cargo. Extraction comes close, but the fact that it only has 2 maps decreases the replay ability.

So for you, 17 is better, and that's fine. For me I can't say that 17 is unequivocally better. Because if it was for me, then this fact wouldn't exist:

Getting the Infiltrator to L30 last Thursday restored my status with 17 as having everything at max level & 100% milestones. I played one additional match after that, then realized I didn't want to play anymore. I logged out and haven't had any desire to play that game since. When I have played, it's been BF15 Cargo (and last night 3+ hours of Outer Rim & Bespin).

What a nice positive constructive comment. I wish more were like you @MWB33 .
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • tankertoad
    5979 posts Member

2015 was a moderate success. 2017 is an abysmal failure. If it was the better game then it wouldn't be in the trash bin. I've never seen a AAA title depreciate faster. Heck there's Indy titles 2 years old that cost more to this day.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • I guess it is pretty subjective. I am grateful that as this game heads lamely into further Clone Wars era content with Anakin destroying everyone in every mode and match, I can go back to BF15 and have a better personal experience. And BF15 is somewhat re-populating, so fun matches of Drop Zone, Cargo, and others in the DLCs can be enjoyed.

Sad that fans are reverting to an older iteration of this game, but the Devs are driving this new game into the Sarlacc.
  • I bought it 2 weeks ago. Hero gameplay is clunky, playerbase is very small (PC) and there are a lot of cheaters but maps and Star Wars vibes - amazing. Trooper gameplay is cool. A lot of weapons, that sounds and looks great.

Shame I couldn't find DLC lobbies.
  • Wow from this response I say we spam the Devs to port some BF2 Heroes and Maps back over to BF2015 Lmao hahaha
  • And yes I wish the DLCs had more activity. The Outer Rim HvV is the best HvV made yet. 8 on 8 with 4 Heroes per team.....crazy fun
  • MWB33
    1384 posts Member
    What a nice positive constructive comment. I wish more were like you @MWB33 .

Thanks. It would be nice if online conversations could consistently stay civilized and not devolve, but unfortunately that's not the world wide web we live with. LoL :D

• mastery0ta
    6138 posts Member
    Could I get a match on Scariff? I do miss those sandy beaches
  • Xerogon
    479 posts Member
    Battlefront 1 Khan, talking to Battlefront 2, Kirk.

• Aggress
    541 posts Member
    🤔 I think what prevented this game from being truly great was EA betting on the crates to generate crazy amounts of money. Obviously after the controversy and alleged intervention from Disney forcing them to stop the crates it killed their revenue stream. So they are probably lucky if this game broke even and probably resent paying developers to work on something not making them money.

I really wish they would listen to the fans and bring Cargo back. Also conquest would be a welcome addition.

I miss the intense battles on swbf1 but swbf2 has grown on me.
  • Xerogon
    479 posts Member
    edited April 4
    Interesting graphics comparison. While battlefront 2 defiantly has better hero and facial graphics I think the lighting and some of the maps looked better on 15.

• BF2015 has way better maps and gunplay. It isn't even close and never was. BF2 feels like it was made by people who have never made a shooter or multiplayer maps before.
  • MWB33
    1384 posts Member
    edited April 4
    mastery0ta wrote: »

Almost got one last night...found a lobby around 9:30 central that had 8 players in it, waiting for more. Unfortunately after about 5 minutes of waiting people started leaving.

Going to try again this evening and over the weekend.

Edit - oh yeah, @mastery0ta - During one of the Extraction matches last night I managed to get first hero. Got to enjoy using the almighty Lord Pancake for the rest of the match and got a very lopsided W.

Many hues were had during that match!
  • Rookz
    5 posts Member
    swbf1 is still alive on pc, but barely. Europeans are keeping Walker Assault/Supremacy alive ( thank you ) & h v v. I live in USA & have to switch region to Europe for games. You can sometimes get a h v v going w/some friends in your own timezone if they're about. I do appreciate the effort of the folks involved in making both games. Just wish swbf2 had the good in it that made swbf1 so great. Thanks to everyone for keeping Star Wars alive. =)
  • mastery0ta
    6138 posts Member
    MWB33 wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »

Almost got one last night...found a lobby around 9:30 central that had 8 players in it, waiting for more. Unfortunately after about 5 minutes of waiting people started leaving.

Going to try again this evening and over the weekend.

Edit - oh yeah, @mastery0ta - During one of the Extraction matches last night I managed to get first hero. Got to enjoy using the almighty Lord Pancake for the rest of the match and got a very lopsided W.

Many hues were had during that match!

Oh that's awesome dude. I miss playing the old Lord of the HUES himself. I'm hoping he survives episode 9. You on ps4 where you find those matches?
  • mastery0ta
    6138 posts Member
    If I have room ima install 15 tonight if i can