criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Clone wars vs Prequels

Colin777
646 posts Member
How many actually prefer
Clone Wars: Voice, and Face
Over
Prequel: Voice, and face

For All prequel era characters, but mainly Anakin

Replies

• Prequel everything
  • Movies for sure, but i know that would not be easy to bring ewan to do obi wan’s voice and christopher lee is dead
  • Movies 100%

Especially clones, toons clones feel kind of childish, doesn't feel like a real army.
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    edited April 6
    Movies 100%

Especially clones, toons clones feel kind of childish, doesn't feel like a real army.

True, temuera morris, i think thats him name i might be wrong, the difference isnt very huge but it makes it feel way more darker and makes the clones feel tougher
  • bfloo
    15933 posts Member
    Movies 100%

The toon content feels off to me, at least in this game.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Gaz
    53 posts Member
    Movies faces and voices. No sense Bobba's voice is Temuera and his clones have different voice
  • Movie faces, clone wars voices. I like the show so there's no problem for me. In some cases like the B1 battle droids, the animation voice actors are an improvement. The B1 droids in Clone Wars were hilarious. If voiced the same, I think they could have brought a lot of comedy to the trilogy.

They've been using the voice actors from the shows in most Star Wars video games. It's easier I'm sure than bringing together as much movie talent as possible. And it brings a level of consistency. Disney Infinity 3.0 characters for instance were voiced by the same voice actors from Clone Wars and Rebels.
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    Movies
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • I mean there's not supposed to be a difference with the face, the Clone Wars face is just the animated version of the movie face, therefore in a live action style, it's still supposed to be the movie face. I prefer The Clone Wars voices though.
    "One may be outnumbered, but that doesn't mean they're outmatched."
  • lowell
    1651 posts Member
    There's really no difference if you don't count the difference between the production factors of the mediums that are depicting the stories but just count the stories themselves, it's just one big era and the show is just an extension of what the movies couldn't touch on due to the limited time of the films and the goal of the plots. Episodes II and III were only supposed to cover the beginning and end of the Clone Wars and then the rise of the Empire. In between, we get to know how do you actually get so far from Geonosis to Coruscant and there's a lot more force-related lore that explains how deep does it get (ghosts, visions, interference from the dark side).

I'm fine with Anakin looking like Hayden Christensen in the films but I don't think his voice is serious enough as Matt Lanter. Maybe his voice in ROTS wasn't deep enough or just the emphasis wasn't where the level I wanted to be. These were the scenes that showed me that TCW was serious either on the scale of the films or over the scale.

Anakin's tragedy to the Dark Side shown earlier on Mortis (this entire arc was in consideration when Rian Johnson was writing TLJ after getting advice about the interpretation of the Force itself from Dave Filoni and the Lucasfilm Story Group):

Maul killing Obi-Wan's girlfriend, Duchess Satine, former ruler of Mandalore and sets the tone for his return as a ruler:

Also, besides blaming the devs, I wouldn't be surprised in creating TCW content, Lucasfilm made modifications (I don't know how much Anakin's face was interpreted for the game but in Forces of Destiny, he doesn't look like TCW but more like Hayden in the films) in order to probably approve the start of the implementation of his design in the game, they have to look at the design renderings made for him.

This is how he looks in Forces of Destiny:

tumblr_p675c1EKy71s6w6foo1_1280.jpg
  • lowell wrote: »
    There's really no difference if you don't count the difference between the production factors of the mediums that are depicting the stories but just count the stories themselves, it's just one big era and the show is just an extension of what the movies couldn't touch on due to the limited time of the films and the goal of the plots. Episodes II and III were only supposed to cover the beginning and end of the Clone Wars and then the rise of the Empire. In between, we get to know how do you actually get so far from Geonosis to Coruscant and there's a lot more force-related lore that explains how deep does it get (ghosts, visions, interference from the dark side).

I'm fine with Anakin looking like Hayden Christensen in the films but I don't think his voice is serious enough as Matt Lanter. Maybe his voice in ROTS wasn't deep enough or just the emphasis wasn't where the level I wanted to be. These were the scenes that showed me that TCW was serious either on the scale of the films or over the scale.

Anakin's tragedy to the Dark Side shown earlier on Mortis (this entire arc was in consideration when Rian Johnson was writing TLJ after getting advice about the interpretation of the Force itself from Dave Filoni and the Lucasfilm Story Group):

Maul killing Obi-Wan's girlfriend, Duchess Satine, former ruler of Mandalore and sets the tone for his return as a ruler:

Also, besides blaming the devs, I wouldn't be surprised in creating TCW content, Lucasfilm made modifications (I don't know how much Anakin's face was interpreted for the game but in Forces of Destiny, he doesn't look like TCW but more like Hayden in the films) in order to probably approve the start of the implementation of his design in the game, they have to look at the design renderings made for him.

Matt’s voice isn’t all that great.. he sounds like he’s trying to hard all the time and tries over selling it. Can’t take him serious when he gets mad either
  • lowell
    1651 posts Member
    edited April 7
    lowell wrote: »

Matt’s voice isn’t all that great.. he sounds like he’s trying to hard all the time and tries over selling it. Can’t take him serious when he gets mad either

I think it really depends on the person. I took Matt seriously also because of the character development that expanded in TCW but it makes so much sense that Ahsoka quitting the Jedi left Anakin vulnerable to turn to the dark side after trust in the Jedi Council decreased when they expelled her from the order initially. People doubted George on the story in the prequels but I think he had a long-term view of how the Clone Wars was actually going to be told entirely. Live-action, just the beginning and the end of the conflict and then the show, most of the action happens there.

I think it really depends on the person. I took Matt seriously also because of the character development that expanded in TCW but it makes so much sense that Ahsoka quitting the Jedi left Anakin vulnerable to turn to the dark side after trust in the Jedi Council decreased when they expelled her from the order initially. People doubted George on the story in the prequels but I think he had a long-term view of how the Clone Wars was actually going to be told entirely. Live-action, just the beginning and the end of the conflict and then the show, most of the action happens there.

I feel like Anakin in tcw is completely different from the movies, his personality and all that is a complete 180 and the voice adds to that I feel like George changed him due to the hate towards the prequels .. I have to point out though I do think Matt did a great job as Anakin I just don’t like his voice if that makes sense lol but I’d rather have Anakin stay true to how he is in the movies. No other character is different in the show other than Anakin and I don’t see a reason for that
  • lowell
    1651 posts Member
    edited April 7

I feel like Anakin in tcw is completely different from the movies, his personality and all that is a complete 180 and the voice adds to that I feel like George changed him due to the hate towards the prequels .. I have to point out though I do think Matt did a great job as Anakin I just don’t like his voice if that makes sense lol but I’d rather have Anakin stay true to how he is in the movies. No other character is different in the show other than Anakin and I don’t see a reason for that

I think he's still the same Anakin even though the films don't acknowledge the show because they were made first. There's really no point about staying true to the movies. He was knighted immediately after Geonosis and training Ahsoka is similar to how Obi-Wan became a knight immediately after fighting Maul and decided to fulfill Qui-Gon's wishes by training Anakin himself. Maybe if you delve more into the personality thing more on your concerns rather than the voice, I could try to find out if actually any of the issues are broken in the show.

These clips from Rebels technically still shows Anakin like he is in both the shows and the movies. The design of him is not what I'm talking about but the description that Ahsoka tells Ezra about him or just the conversation Ahsoka has with a Force vision of him or as Vader on Malachor doesn't have continuity problems. It's not really about forcing the different mediums together to make sense, but if you make them come together naturally, then there could be a flow of his character evolving over time. I still feel while ROTS doesn't show what Anakin was responsible for in the show, it doesn't mean it didn't happen, it's just not acknowledged there because of limited timeframe, it was created before the show, and some reason his 501st legion don't get to do much until Order 66, even though the general himself has led them into battle many times over the course of 3 years. Maybe the season 7 panel at the end of this week at Celebration Chicago might show more of the remaining arcs and as those are leaning into ROTS, Anakin's not in a master role anymore, you find the stories more connecting. The films are not supposed to be considered the entire Clone Wars, its role is to tell the rise and fall of Anakin himself so it only needs to cover the beginning and the end.

I think he's still the same Anakin even though the films don't acknowledge the show because they were made first. There's really no point about staying true to the movies. He was knighted immediately after Geonosis and training Ahsoka is similar to how Obi-Wan became a knight immediately after fighting Maul and decided to fulfill Qui-Gon's wishes by training Anakin himself. Maybe if you delve more into the personality thing more on your concerns rather than the voice, I could try to find out if actually any of the issues are broken in the show.

These clips from Rebels technically still shows Anakin like he is in both the shows and the movies. The design of him is not what I'm talking about but the description that Ahsoka tells Ezra about him or just the conversation Ahsoka has with a Force vision of him or as Vader on Malachor doesn't have continuity problems. It's not really about forcing the different mediums together to make sense, but if you make them come together naturally, then there could be a flow of his character evolving over time. I still feel while ROTS doesn't show what Anakin was responsible for in the show, it doesn't mean it didn't happen, it's just not acknowledged there because of limited timeframe, it was created before the show, and some reason his 501st legion don't get to do much until Order 66, even though the general himself has led them into battle many times over the course of 3 years. Maybe the season 7 panel at the end of this week at Celebration Chicago might show more of the remaining arcs and as those are leaning into ROTS, Anakin's not in a master role anymore, you find the stories more connecting. The films are not supposed to be considered the entire Clone Wars, its role is to tell the rise and fall of Anakin himself so it only needs to cover the beginning and the end.

I mean if I changed tcw Anakin name to bob or something you wouldn’t think “oh he reminds me of Anakin” they literally act like two different people. I know some people like how Anakin is portrayed better in tcw and that’s cool I guess but the fact it’s considered cannon, why make him act and be how he is in Episode 2, change him up in tcw, then back to Episode 3? Just throws him off too me
  • lowell
    1651 posts Member

I mean if I changed tcw Anakin name to bob or something you wouldn’t think “oh he reminds me of Anakin” they literally act like two different people. I know some people like how Anakin is portrayed better in tcw and that’s cool I guess but the fact it’s considered cannon, why make him act and be how he is in Episode 2, change him up in tcw, then back to Episode 3? Just throws him off too me

The way I see at it is Anakin in AOTC was still similar to Ahsoka in the early seasons of TCW, they were both padawans that made rash decisions but Anakin in TCW and ROTS are very in tune with each other because that's when Anakin finally became a knight, a level of maturity has grown in him, and that leads to Yoda to assign him a harder responsibility, training a Jedi padawan like how Obi-Wan trained Anakin immediately after TPM. If currently at the moment it throws off to you, maybe when you do have the time, make a rewatch of the PT films with TCW together (only important episodes of the show that you think heavily delves into his development) and just feel the flow of it. That's what I did and it wasn't that bad an experience, if you think that's what is going to be like.

If the Siege of Mandalore in TCW Season 7 is going to take place during and after ROTS, is that going to create any problem for you, even though the likeliest last contact between Ahsoka and Anakin could be a hologram before he goes to save Palpatine from Mace?

And besides TCW, what did you think about Rebels bridging together Anakin and Vader, especially during the duel with Ahsoka?
  • I'd say a mixture of the two. They should definitely base appearance on the movies and never again try to make them look like a cross between live-action and animation, but with the voices I'd say that the CW voice actors with the exception of Matt Lanter and Dee Bradley Baker are fine. Anakin should either be voice by Hayden or Mat Lucas and the clones should be voiced by Temuera Morrison.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • I'd say a mixture of the two. They should definitely base appearance on the movies and never again try to make them look like a cross between live-action and animation, but with the voices I'd say that the CW voice actors with the exception of Matt Lanter and Dee Bradley Baker are fine. Anakin should either be voice by Hayden or Mat Lucas and the clones should be voiced by Temuera Morrison.

I like the way you think