criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Original trilogy or sequel trilogy content

Prev13
What should dice focus on next original trilogy content or sequel trilogy content
Personally I would go with original trilogy content.

Replies

• bfloo
    15030 posts Member
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    I am a sequel fanboy but i vote original trilogy. When episode 9 hits the devs will have way more material and hype to draw off of and the originals are very iconic and have more than earned their spot. Don’t get me wrong, i like the prequels as much as the next guy, i am just burnt out on it at this point.

Hype is yet to be seen. Too many movies in too short a time frame, plus a bunch of shows planned, plus tlj backlash has left Star Wars in a bad spot.

too many movies dont hurt.. look at marvel! disney just made a **** movie and a movie literally no one requested... everyone wants obi wan a star wars story and stories like palpatines youth or dooku time as a jedi would be much more interesting and bring much more cash. they make a movie about solo and then stop making spin offs because no one wanted to watch that garbage? how dumb can a big company like disney be?

I'm starting to see a lot of mcu fatigue skimming comments on articles about it. I lost interest a while ago, though I'm not a huge fan of the genre to begin with. Aside from Batman, Spiderman, and X1, I have minimal interest. I did like Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man portrayal til it felt like he got bored with it.

The ST has just been poorly done (bad directors). Rogue One was the only Disney movie I thought was well done. Solo was a fun flick, but a terrible Star Wars story, Han and Lando held it back.
    The chick was right, they should have got Bossk instead

Palps youth was covered in the Darth Plaegus novel, an Obi Wan film would only be interesting if pre TPM (Ewan is too old for it), Dooku could be interesting, but without Christopher Lee I'd give it a pass.

Only hope I have is the GoT guys upcoming films.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• OT no question. Frankly this question isn’t really a question at all. The OT is superior to the ST in every way.

this
  • jordi1337
    1350 posts Member
    edited April 6
    The last jedi was actually really good. The star wars community is just dumb af. If you don’t like the movie that is fine but the backlash is childish. Like who gives a **** if you are disappointed in the movie? You spent like 15$ on a movie ticket vs disney’s 4 billion for the franchise. If they want they can make mickey mouse crap in a dvd case and put star wars name on it. It is what a lot of “fans” deserve.

so we should act like we are fine with that garbage called the last jedi so they produce more crap?
  • Relikk
    229 posts Member
    The last jedi was actually really good. The star wars community is just dumb af. If you don’t like the movie that is fine but the backlash is childish. Like who gives a **** if you are disappointed in the movie? You spent like 15$ on a movie ticket vs disney’s 4 billion for the franchise. If they want they can make mickey mouse crap in a dvd case and put star wars name on it. It is what a lot of “fans” deserve.

tenor.gif
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    du2UASv.gif
  • jordi1337 wrote: »

so we should act like we are fine with that garbage called the last jedi so they produce more crap?

Why of course we should! Who cares about the quality of the product as long as it says Star Wars?/s
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • bfloo
    15030 posts Member

Why of course we should! Who cares about the quality of the product as long as it says Star Wars?/s

While I appreciate the trolling, that attitude is what got us to this low point in the 1st place.

h846398gb27k.png

• Cane_danko wrote: »

So. We can complain all we want about those Prequels, but heaven forbid we criticize the Sequels? People want and expect better from the Star Wars franchise. It's why people get so heated about this movie. They want to like it, but they can't because of its many issues. We can't settle for mediocrity or Star Wars will gradually degrade in quality.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • bfloo wrote: »

While I appreciate the trolling, that attitude is what got us to this low point in the 1st place.

Precisely. Hence the sarcastic indicator "/s"
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Sequel
  • Cane_danko
    1161 posts Member
    Naw. The prequels is where the toxicity started. It is fine not to like the movies. It is trying to create this fake outrage and the constant negative criticism of the movies that make the community toxic. Really you could even go back further to return of the jedi and the ewok hate but thank the force gods we did not have the internet then because the minority would have spoken so loudly about ewok toys ruining star wars then we may never have gotten the prequels all those years later. Basically, if you don’t like a movie, don’t watch it. You can even voice you don’t like it. But trying to preach that the last jedi or even the prequels are garbage and the rest of us can **** off for liking them is a cancer that needs to be cut out of star wars fandom.
  • Why do I get the feeling this thread is going to descend into another ST bashing mess...
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • jordi1337
    1350 posts Member
    Naw. The prequels is where the toxicity started. It is fine not to like the movies. It is trying to create this fake outrage and the constant negative criticism of the movies that make the community toxic. Really you could even go back further to return of the jedi and the ewok hate but thank the force gods we did not have the internet then because the minority would have spoken so loudly about ewok toys ruining star wars then we may never have gotten the prequels all those years later. Basically, if you don’t like a movie, don’t watch it. You can even voice you don’t like it. But trying to preach that the last jedi or even the prequels are garbage and the rest of us can **** off for liking them is a cancer that needs to be cut out of star wars fandom.

so you said if we dont like the movie we shouldnt watch it? then how should i know that the last jedi is hot garbage before it is out?
  • Colin777
    595 posts Member
    OT...
  • jordi1337 wrote: »

so you said if we dont like the movie we shouldnt watch it? then how should i know that the last jedi is hot garbage before it is out?

Yeah... how are you supposed to know you won't like a movie unless you watch it?
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
    You can even voice you don’t like it. But trying to preach that the last jedi or even the prequels are garbage and the rest of us can **** off for liking them is a cancer that needs to be cut out of star wars fandom.

I certainly won't descend to insults over the Last Jedi. However, the large majority of the people who don't like this movie are well reasoned and civil unless they are provoked. There will always be trolls, but that is not everyone who dislikes this movie.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • bfloo
    15030 posts Member

Lets be honest, Stormtroopers getting destroyed by a bunch of teddy bears with rocks and sticks was terrible. It makes the rebels look like a bunch of schleps losing on Hoth.

h846398gb27k.png

Lets be honest, Stormtroopers getting destroyed by a bunch of teddy bears with rocks and sticks was terrible. It makes the rebels look like a bunch of schleps losing on Hoth.

I'm fine with it. The Ewoks have never been an issue for me.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png

It's indicative of a larger issue. Obviously everyone loves a good underdog story but Star Wars plays up the underdog to the logical extreme. The result is wildly inconsistent bad guys who are prone to insane bouts of villainous stupidity from time to time. Since Star Wars loves writing villainous factions as being comprised entirely of Delta Force/DEVGRU level grunts being commanded by General Rommel's it makes it impossible for them to ever conceivably lose.

If Star Wars would just learn to embrace different tiers of competency and threat levels of its villains this issue would largely go away. But nope everyone in the Imperial military is apparently portrayed as a hyper competent unstoppable from the most basic stormtrooper to its generals. When half the time they act like bumbling conscripts who were just given guns a week ago.
  • Do you really need to ask? If someone prefers ST over OT, that person is mad

God forbid humans have different taste in things.....
  • Honestly I stopped paying attention to people who say the st sucks. People also think the pt sucks and I love those movies so why pay any mind to someone who says the st sucks? How can u even call yourself a Star Wars fan if all you like is the ot?
  • Cane_danko
    1161 posts Member
    You are missing the point if you think i am defending ewoks. Personally, i like them. However, it makes no difference to the conversation. My point was that the fake outrage in star wars has always been prevalent. If you claim to be civil and not toxic then we should recognize this distinction.

As far as the other sequel criticisms, if you don’t like them then fine. I know a lot of people who hate the prequels but love the sequels. The internet (at least in star wars communities) wants us to believe that EVERYONE hates the last jedi. Then when given any counter argument to the criticisms it is always the same story. “Oh am i not allowed to hate tlj?” “People talk **** on the prequels all the time” “tlj haters are very civil” or we can use the dumb arguments that people give “rey is a mary sue” “snoke had no backstory” “rose is a terrible character and ruins star wars”.

None of this **** is new to star wars. Sadly, it seems it is here to stay for a while. As divisive as tlj was it seems a lot of the people who really hate it want to stick around. I can understand that. I love star wars too and if i hated tlj i would not want to leave. I would like to think i would keep my feelings in check over it and treat it like a movie rather than this great backlash that some of you seem to take pride in. That is something i would never get behind.
  • Do you really need to ask? If someone prefers ST over OT, that person is mad

Or woefully misguided.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Depending on what you mean, if you mean planets then PT, we've already reached the max with OT and ST.

Vehicles, again already reached max for other two

Heroes, are you seeing a pattern?
  • Depending on what you mean, if you mean planets then PT, we've already reached the max with OT and ST.

Scarif, Jedha, Bespin, Dagobah, Death star 1, Sullust and tantive 4 not to mention all existing planets ported to CS

Heroes: Jyn erso, Krennic, Baze, Chirrut, Dengar and IG-88

are you seeing a pattern?
    You are missing the point if you think i am defending ewoks. Personally, i like them. However, it makes no difference to the conversation. My point was that the fake outrage in star wars has always been prevalent. If you claim to be civil and not toxic then we should recognize this distinction.

As far as the other sequel criticisms, if you don’t like them then fine. I know a lot of people who hate the prequels but love the sequels. The internet (at least in star wars communities) wants us to believe that EVERYONE hates the last jedi. Then when given any counter argument to the criticisms it is always the same story. “Oh am i not allowed to hate tlj?” “People talk **** on the prequels all the time” “tlj haters are very civil” or we can use the dumb arguments that people give “rey is a mary sue” “snoke had no backstory” “rose is a terrible character and ruins star wars”.

None of this **** is new to star wars. Sadly, it seems it is here to stay for a while. As divisive as tlj was it seems a lot of the people who really hate it want to stick around. I can understand that. I love star wars too and if i hated tlj i would not want to leave. I would like to think i would keep my feelings in check over it and treat it like a movie rather than this great backlash that some of you seem to take pride in. That is something i would never get behind.

The "outrage" (more like disappointment and annoyance) isn't just an online myth. I've asked many people what they think about Episode 8 and the usual response is that they don't like it. I've only met two people who actually like The Last Jedi. The community is split on this movie, like it or not. It is just a movie in the end, but Star Wars is very important to people and thus they have strong opinions about it.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Darth_Arkous
    21 posts Member
    edited April 6
    I am a sequel fanboy but i vote original trilogy. When episode 9 hits the devs will have way more material and hype to draw off of and the originals are very iconic and have more than earned their spot. Don’t get me wrong, i like the prequels as much as the next guy, i am just burnt out on it at this point.

Hype is yet to be seen. Too many movies in too short a time frame, plus a bunch of shows planned, plus tlj backlash has left Star Wars in a bad spot.

too many movies dont hurt.. look at marvel! disney just made a **** movie and a movie literally no one requested... everyone wants obi wan a star wars story and stories like palpatines youth or dooku time as a jedi would be much more interesting and bring much more cash. they make a movie about solo and then stop making spin offs because no one wanted to watch that garbage? how dumb can a big company like disney be?

I'm starting to see a lot of mcu fatigue skimming comments on articles about it. I lost interest a while ago, though I'm not a huge fan of the genre to begin with. Aside from Batman, Spiderman, and X1, I have minimal interest. I did like Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man portrayal til it felt like he got bored with it.

The ST has just been poorly done (bad directors). Rogue One was the only Disney movie I thought was well done. Solo was a fun flick, but a terrible Star Wars story, Han and Lando held it back.
    The chick was right, they should have got Bossk instead

Palps youth was covered in the Darth Plaegus novel, an Obi Wan film would only be interesting if pre TPM (Ewan is too old for it), Dooku could be interesting, but without Christopher Lee I'd give it a pass.

Only hope I have is the GoT guys upcoming films.

And yet Avengers End Game has already set presales records, and will probably be the number 1 grossing film of all time just like its predecessors. I'll be surprised if Star Wars IX even breaks number 3.

Also, Darth Plageius novel isnt and hasn't been canon since Disney bought Star Wars. By that logic, the sequel trilogy shouldnt exist. But it doesnt anyway, even with it being the total crap it is.
  • Just bring back some kind of death star assault !

Scarif, Jedha, Bespin, Dagobah, Death star 1, Sullust and tantive 4 not to mention all existing planets ported to CS

Bespin and Death Star are there already.
    Scarif and Jedha are PT.
    Sullust would be a port and wasn't seen in any of the movies.
    Dagobah was garbage
    Tantive IV hasn't been seen since BFII

PT, PT PT, PT, and 2 bounty hunters, one of whom is a port

The originals and sequels have nothing of value left to add from the movies.

The Sequels don’t. The Originals certainly have more to give.

Such as?

There's nothing left from the those 3 movies worth adding

Ahem... Vardos, Jedha and Scarif are technically OT era, Sullust is OT(It doesn't have to be in a movie to count...), and what's wrong with Dagobah?
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • I mean, while technically the Trilogy has nothing left to give, the era does.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • budzai
    101 posts Member

How many neurons did you destroy in your brain so you can enjoy that movie?
    It isn't just a bad star wars movie or just a bad movie. It is also a terrible story.
    Really, basically the first scene kills it.
  • budzai
    101 posts Member
    Do you really need to ask? If someone prefers ST over OT, that person is mad

It is not just taste. The sequel movies are objectively bad. People can like it whatever. There are bad movies I like, but they are still bad.
  • budzai wrote: »
    Do you really need to ask? If someone prefers ST over OT, that person is mad

It is not just taste. The sequel movies are objectively bad. People can like it whatever. There are bad movies I like, but they are still bad.

"objectively" lol

Liking a movie in its entirety is subjective. I think the OT are bad movies when viewed without nostalgia glasses. Doesn't make it a fact.
  • Cane_danko
    1161 posts Member
    edited April 8
    Listen here you limped[removed] ramen noodles, the last jedi was objectively good and if you can’t agree with that then you may just understand what objectively means and in that case we can just agree to disagree
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Starwarsfanboosk_com
    1274 posts Member
    edited April 6
    Depending on what you mean, if you mean planets then PT, we've already reached the max with OT and ST.

Bespin and Death Star are there already.
    Scarif and Jedha are PT.
    Sullust would be a port and wasn't seen in any of the movies.
    Dagobah was garbage
    Tantive IV hasn't been seen since BFII

PT, PT PT, PT, and 2 bounty hunters, one of whom is a port

The originals and sequels have nothing of value left to add from the movies.

Bespin does not have a GA or a CS map

the First death star is not in the game

Scarif and Jedha are OT/GCW

So what? sullust is still awesome?

In your opinion

So what? lol, dude at least try to argue

OT, OT, OT, OT 2 cool bounty hunters who bring variety

Try again troll