criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Focused Feedback: Hero Balance

Replies

• Luke

Darth Maul

Make it so both Obiwan and Rey cannot stack their Mindtricks together. Shorten freeze for Kylo.
  • Lightside needing a buff : Chewie, Lando
    Darkside needing a buff : Phasma, Grievous

Hero balance change : stun immunity is a thing, rag doll immunity should be too, getting force pushed from all sides has to stop.

I second "ragdoll immunity"! This would make the entire Light Side hero roster far less annoying and more enjoyable to play against
  • Light side buff: Luke and Yoda vs villains, increased damage and block for Yoda.
    Dark side buff: Boba needs a buffed blaster, and 600 hp, and Phasma needs a hok card and buffed blaster
  • Billkwando
    1876 posts Member
    edited April 5
    1. Luke. His push and repulse damage need buffing, a faster cooldown, and some degree of damage reduction for repulse, plus making both of them more reliable. It's fine if someone hits you as you pull off a push and the push doesn't come out. It is not fine if someone hits you as you pull off a push, the push doesn't come out, AND it goes into cooldown. That happens all the time with both. Sometimes, the moves don't register for no reason at all. Faster saber swings would be nice. I would like to see Rush deflect blaster shots, like Maul, and do a bit more damage/block damage. A third dash would be nice as well. Luke is supposed to be quick and mobile....a hit and run character, as he's been characterized by Dice (plus Dooku has one). If Shenanikins can have 4 abilities, giving Luke an extra dash isn't exactly crazy talk.

2. Kylo & Greebus (who used to be awesome)

3. I would like saber tracking to be removed, and for characters to have a period of invincibility to sabers/blasters after being knocked down, like in Street Fighter and other fighting games. 1 free hit on the ground is fine, so maybe a .25 or .5 second period of still being vulnerable, but getting chopped up by 2 or 3 sabers, and waking up dead, is no fun. It might be cool to have a parry, where a well-timed block would cause the knockback (that used to always happen when being blocked) and allow for a free counter attack. It was a cool effect, but not when it happens constantly. You should at least have a chance to dash away as you're getting up, which used to work, but that was because of blocking on the ground (I didn't know I was doing it until it was gone). I would like Heroic Might removed. I would also like the various Mind Tricks to be blockable. I would definitely not be opposed to giving Iden a different middle ability, as I've never been able to use the pulse ray thinger effectively. I would like Dooku's lightning range to be slightly longer. I'd like passive HOK.

I am 100% behind the stamina changes, and have enjoyed the lack of saber/block spam.

Unrelated to heroes, I would like to see a slight delay added to the UI on the emote wheel, for us video makers, so if you do an emote fast enough, the UI doesn't pop up. Plus, once you know where your emotes are, you don't really need to read them.

Also, some Luke skins, please. :)
    Post edited by Billkwando on
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • ID_8615
    782 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Unrelated to heroes, I would like to see a slight delay added to the UI on the emote wheel, for us video makers, so if you do an emote fast enough, the UI doesn't pop up. Plus, once you know where your emotes are, you don't really need to read them.
    ↑↑ I like this idea ↑↑.

• KresusFIN wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Q) If you could buff any one light side hero, who would it be?

Finn. While he is already a prime pick in both modes due to his overwhelming support he provides. But on his own, he is pretty mediocre. When comparing him with the other LS blasters, he is by far the weakest option. His cards could use some re-evaluations, and his pistol undercover mode should honestly just be a toggle, rather than a timed cooldown.

Either him, or Leia. In her case, that flash should be a Purple Officer flashbang "by default" with cards to improve it, and the E-11 should have proper ADS to it, and higher damage reduction on the card.

Q) If you could buff any one dark side hero, who would it be?

Phasma. That gun is a peashooter. And with the coming of more and more goddamned lightsabers, it's only fitting that on the rare occasion you do land shots, they actually mean something besides tickle the opponent.
    A proper HoK too.

If not more damage on the gun, then faster cooldown on the droid. If you need to relocate, it takes half an eternity. It could also use a small damage buff, given how long it takes to set it up and what have we. Something like 5 - 10 per shot.

Q) What other changes would you personally make to hero balance?

Take a long hard look at Anakin. Now start thinking "Why is he this strong?"

..Is "The chosen one!!" one of your answers? Then you're part of the problem.

Now look at Yoda and Palpatine. Compare these two to Anakin for a brief moment. Both have always been portrayed as far stronger than Anakin was, or would ever become, incidentally. But on the battlefront, for whatever reason, he is the apex predator as far as saber heroes are concerned.

Now look at Darth Vader. Where did Retribution go? Where did that Pull Dominance go? No strike that breaks block? He doesn't exhude nearly the same sense of danger that Anakin provides when you fight him, despite Vader actually being more connected to the force than Anakin was prior to his defeat.

If you're going to use lore as your backing when arguing why certain heroes are stronger than others, then by all means. But don't ever make the mistake of saying "this is fine", when it takes half a minute to prove why it isn't.

TLDR: Really take a moment to really re-evaluate all the force users between each other. Realize that we're NOT playing Jedi Power Battles here, but Battlefront. Why are Sabers overrepresented? With the coming of more and more outright silly damage values, I also think it's high time we put Chewie back where he was at launch.

Aces to this. Well done. All of it. I was going to say Luke, but this the better call. Spot on regarding Anakin and Chewbacca also. Objectivity here... a rarity.

I’ll add, standard HoK for all heroes(passive or card), with the same health gained for all. No more Heal on Abilities.
  • LS is in a good position right now. Luke could have some buff to his cards (stamina increase to 30, rush protection to 30), but feels pretty fine right now. Not the strongest, but pretty ok. Maybe some increase in repulse and maybe hit through block with it.

Leia needs her shield to block lightening and force powers. Chewie a slight health boost.

Dooku needs his damage output down a bit and don't buff Vader any more.

Iden, Boba, Palpatine and Phasma are extremely annoying to meet with their tricks and stuns and should be put on a Blaster vs Blaster mode only. The LS blaster are much more benign and straightforward, especially since Lando and Chewie got their stun nerfed.

• One of the most amazing things about GENERAL GRIEVOUS is when he takes out his 4 arms.
    I think you should give him so. I think Grievous would be hella fun to play if we could click the scroll wheel and he deployed his four arms for a period of time (as long as you decide)
    This way, Grievous could deal more damage but it'd cost him his, for instance, speed
  • Buff Finn and Buff Maul
  • masontcarr wrote: »
    Buff Luke. Buff Boba.

Boba does not need a buff my good sir.
    Check these posts out:
  • hosco33
    215 posts Member
    I already suggested in another thread that Leia and Han (at least), possibly Iden, Lando and Chewbacca (but Leia and Han are especially fair) should be able to throw their granades even while rolling, so they are not so vulnerable before saber heroes.
  • Anoh wrote: »

Extensive list of changes I feel are needed for a greater state of balance:
    • Lando: Sharpshooter ability should knock Boba out of the sky.
    • Lando: His smoke grenade should disable UI and the smoke should be thicker.
    • Maul: Furious Throw hit box should be wider.
    • Maul: Furious Throw damage input is buggy, it doesn't consistently deliver 150dmg
    • Maul: He should be immune to Anakin's Pull dominance and all Force Push abilities when using Force Choke, so that his ability doesn't get interrupted.
    • Maul: Maul's Force Choke damage should be increased to 125.
    • Maul: Should get 3 dodges by default instead of 2.
    • Obi-Wan: Defensive Rush should drain the blocking enemy's stamina
    • Obi-Wan:He should be able to walk when using Mind Trick.
    • Obi-Wan: Should be able to use All-Out-Push mid air.
    • Obi-Wan: He should be immune to the physical effect (not damage) of all Force abilities when using All-Out-Push, so that his ability doesn't get interrupted.
    • Obi-Wan: He needs a general polish of his saber animations, some still feel clunky.
    • Han: Should have a passive 80% damage reduction when using Shoulder Charge.
    • Leia: Her Flash Grenade should disable the enemy's UI.
    • Leia: Palpatine's lightning should not be able to go through her shield.
    • Boba: 2015 Laser accurate EE-3 bolt spread, slightly higher end damage.
    • Boba: Concussion Missile should deal 50 damage & disable UI.
    • Boba: Flamethrower Melee should be changed to where you can hold the melee to keep the flamethrower going, would have a fill up meter like his jet pack.
    • Boba: Health increase from 550 to 600.
    • Vader: He should be immune to Anakin's Pull dominance and all Force Push abilities when using Force Choke, so that his ability doesn't get interrupted.
    • Grievous: He should be immune to Anakin's Pull dominance and all Force Push abilities when using Unrelenting Advance, so that his ability doesn't get interrupted
    • Anakin: Decrease Retribution damage per second from 75 to 50
    • Anakin: Increase Vertical Strike damage to 200.
    • Anakin: Should be able to use his Vertical Strike mid air
    • Yoda: Higher jump height or double jump.
    • General: Rush abilities should be able to be used vertical/ in any direction like in 2015, it allowed for great vertical travel/gameplay.

These are pretty good.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Honestly, though I've already made one post here, here's another:

I would be satisfied with Yoda currently IF UNLEASH DIDN'T FAIL 95% of the time.

Seriously? Who knew that one of the greatest force users ever could have his strongest ability thwarted by...an incline....a decline...stairs...a box on the ground...a small rock...nothing whatsoever...just "because"...and on the rare occasion that it actually connected with the intended target, it doesn't actually kill them.
  • 1. Buff Luke as everyone is saying lol

2. Buff Darth Maul. His saber throw should be adjusted in some way to make it more useful. It doesn't feel like it always deals 150 damage and, most of all, its more of a "hope it hits" ability. Satisfying when it hits, but ultimately an ability that's only real use is after you choke a hero and then throw your saber, which doesn't always connect. Vaders throw is way more useful and so Mauls throw should be useful as well. Lastly, make Maul immune to force powers while doing his choke ability so it doesn't get cancelled out plus a damage buff to his choke.

3. In terms of Hero balance in general I think it would be cool for other characters to have a fourth ability, or Anakins taken away. Without ranting too much on Anakin he'll still be best pick on the LS with a 4th ability and I think either taking it away, or giving everyone a 4th ability would make it more balanced, and it would give a higher chance of other characters being used instead of having clear better picks.
    Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

• Luke - a bit more health and more saber damage, I wouldn't mind his rush ability to do more damage.

Chewie - Change his HOK card to remove the ground slam restriction so any kill gives health

Rey - increase her HOK card points to match other heroes. 100 not 60 hok

The DS is fine.

• AVGN
    508 posts Member
    1) Luke. He takes too long to kill someone for a supposed "hit and run" character. He's not even that fast and the faster health regen makes no difference if you keep losing 250+ health after each engagement cause your only options are to wait for Push to come out of its unnecessary long cooldown and just run away until it recharges again, or Rush, Rush, Rush, hope it actually kills your target (if you don't miss or the target has less than 300 health, Death Troopers are the bane of Luke Skywalker) and run away again. Using Repulse and his normal attacks usually means death. Rush should deal increased damage and maybe even deflect blaster fire like Yoda and Maul. Instead of hit and run he plays more like a mosquito, taking small insignificant chunks of your health. It can be a annoying, sure... but you will get him eventually. Either make him deadly (shorter cooldowns, more unavoidable damage) and keep the poor survivability, or make him actually powerful and keep the damage the way it is (800 health, 250 health regen, better damage resistance). Maybe even buff the damage of his Rush attack to 160 but reduce the charges to one (two with the card), with a slightly increased cooldown of course. It would make it somewhat (when compared do Yoda's) unique and you wouldn't have to spam the ability to guarentee a kill on a trooper.

2) Maul for similar reasons and Grievou's Unrelenting Advance.

3) It would be nice to be able to dodge an attack and not get hit or rubber banded back to where you were again someday.
    Beta tester for STAR WARS™ Bugfront 2™.

What were they thinking?
  • Unwarycoin
    5864 posts Member
    Oh, I thought of another one, give saber heroes a punch (like the troopers and blaster heroes), that way they could continue the fight even if their stamina depletes (this is as an alternative to the revert I suggested), and maybe the heroes could go this route if they wanted to”No, I’ll crush you with my bare hands!”
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • She is DiCEs own creation and should be kick **** given her backstory. Suggestions 1) she is spec forces so should not appear on any radars 2) pulse cannon charge takes too long. 3) her presence should auto moral boost nearby troopers (dge redn) "we werent expect sf"
  • Pal77
    11 posts Member
    Obi wans movement are very slow vorlallem when he attacks, you lose it quickly health.Please fix is.Buff Chewbacca more Health generation. And yes phasmas blaster is very weak, too little damage and the aiming is also very difficult
  • Obi wan is crazy weak in CS, well to be honest all round really. His accurate deflection and stamina is all he really has going for him he is like a child with a lightsaber compared to anakins power and it feels weird becase obi wan isnt able to lead the troops in combat he can just fight on the sidelines at the moment. Maybe allow him to push in midair?? He deffo needs something, his abilities fail him atm and there are very few situations that obi wan can do well where any other hero can do better simple as that.

For darkside Grievous needs some love but just fix all the bugs and he will be working well!
    As for a buff gotta say Boba Fett. He could do with more health, maybe a bigger regen pool and the ability to ADS or scope!

The balance of the game mostly hangs on Anakin atm, Retribution is hated upon by the community and imho i think it was a mistake. I think you went in the wrong direction with the whole 4th ability thing. Anakin should of had a saber throw for his right ability and heroic might should of been his 4th with a bit of a radius decrease.
    Thanks for reading (if you really do) hope you consider my feedback and for engaging with the community!
  • Supino
    155 posts Member
    For the light side is Luke, his abilities (especially repulse) need some love as well as his health regen. For the dark side is Grievous. All of his abilities are really bugged, his stamina is horrible and the way he works with the new stamina system, it is really frustrating play with him. Unrelenting advance is a joke, it needs to have base damage reduction and specially more speed. You shouldn’t take more than 1 second to catch someone running backwards in the middle of a fight. It can even be argued that he shouldn’t take more than half a second to do that, and after he catches it need to instakill. In reality the whole concept is flawed, this abilitie don’t fit at all on this game unless he has at least 70% damage reduction and more speed. It should be a four arm mode, to keep him moving as fast as he can all the time. Thrusting Surge abilitie is just impossible to use strategically, it fails a lot and even when it connects you can’t atack right away and take a lot of damage while exposed. The crawl is his best abilitie but doesn’t say much because his whole kit is full of bugs and not working while the crawl having some bugs as well. His only good tracking is at his lunge and his basic atacks miss all the time. You CANT have a character with bad and bugged abilities that depends on his basic atacks with bad hit registration and a new stamina system that punishes his best card because of a 40% less stamina debuff, you just can’t. Now, if you want to talk about balancing all the heroes, I will repeat for the third or fourth time what’s the problem with the heroes on this game. When you decided to give Anakin the 4th abilitie, you broke the meta. Heroes depends too much on their abilities (that’s why Grievous is in trouble, he can’t depend on his abilities and you just handicapped all the saber heroes stamina), and if they depend so much on their abilities, no hero should have four of them. The only two options is removing Anakin retribution or giving all the heroes a 4th abilitie, or you will keep bringing the hammer to Anakin until you cross the line, there is no going back because you broke the meta.
  • AVGN
    508 posts Member
    Annoying mosquito:
    Truly menacing 1v4 machine:
    n30grepvsgxy.gif
    https://streamable.com/x8rv9
    If it wasn't for this Retribution nonsense both Anakin and Luke would be toast.
    6xw8kevguv85.png

The stuff of nightmares, right here:
    44odtnr4jeuv.jpg

What were they thinking?
  • I’d like to see the dual zoom removed from Finn’s blaster. He’d become a much more viable option in GA without it.
  • The Ragdoll effect by getting hit with force push or their equivalents and get juggled all over the place is a issue, stun immunity opened the door now force powers must follow suit
  • Pal77
    11 posts Member
    Luke currently has a lot of bugs and his skills are not working properly
  • KresusFIN
    2716 posts Member
    Paraply wrote: »
    Also remove lightsaber tracking so that aiming and a little skill is required to hit and remove the invunnerability window during combat rolls to make the hit detection realistic. Get rid of this crap plzzz

Oh please yes, I don't understand why blaster classes should have a way to become immortal when being attacked by a close quarters class.

I have had so many moments where you run into a room and strike several enemies with clean hits but they roll and just don't react to it. And one of the most noticeable situations is when you use Dookus lightning on someone who rolls and they have the electric effect on them but take 0 damage.

Force powers should ignore roll immunity, I will grant the sabers that much. But when the sabers can block blaster fire, or otherwise dodge-rush all the way up to a blaster user, be that infantry or hero, AND then take off potentially 150+ give or take damage PER SWING, then I daresay roll immunity is perfectly fine, if not woefully underpowered as is.

It was great when the game launched. Sabers had to bait and predict the rolls and then strike when the animation ended. It was so much better when they had to think with their heads, rather than rushing into a crowded room and think with their lightsabers.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Srscott
    17 posts Member
    Hey everyone,

There’s been a lot of discussion lately surrounding hero balance so we thought we’d look to gather everyone’s thoughts, feedback and ideas in one place.

These types of threads have been incredibly useful in the past and as always we know you’ll deliver a ton of feedback.

To save some time, we are looking at making some additional Anakin changes, those will be coming in the future.

Look forward to reading your thoughts!

1 light side hero, I never really see Fin, so probably him.

1 dark side hero, boba, he needs more health and the concussion grenade does nothing, that star card that overhears weapons should be standard.

I
    Mouse92im wrote: »
    Remove hero health regen all together.
    Health on hero kill ONLY.

Enough with this 100+ elim streak ****.

That's exactly one of the biggest issues. Imo it'd be for every hero to have a 4th ability of some sort. Thanks for the opportunity for this :).
  • Q) If you could buff any one light side hero, who would it be?

1. Leia. Remove/Rework her Optimized Shield Deployment star card so that instead it will block enemys from entering the shield. Kind of how the red laser walls were in Phantom Menace. This will give her a better chance against lightsaber users in HvV. Otherwise the shield is useless in this mode The shield should be destroyable by both lightsabers/melee and ranged fire so it can be countered.

2. Chewbacca. His bowcaster should do more splash damage.

3. Lando. Change his smoke grenade into one of his bf2015 ability's Power Blast or System disruption

1. Boba fett's melee should be his flamethrower ability from battlefront 2015 and he either should have increased damage on his blaster or rocket barrage.

2. Darth Maul. His lightsaber throw should be horizontal. Give him his iconic butterfly kick when he melees.

3. Gen. Grievous. Make him 1-shot troopers with his unrelenting advance and block all blaster fire that comes in front of him. fix his thrusting surge so it doesn't spin.

4. Darth Vader have him get damage reduction when he does his choke ability.

Give all heroes a 4th "ultimate" ability like Anakin to bring them up to par with him.
    Most Moba's or first person shooters with champions have a 4th ability to spice up the game play.

Also add bf2015's Outer Rim dlc and Rogue One dlc heroes and maps in the game. Just because I miss them especially Greedo.

(ps. add Droidekas)
  • "Also add bf2015's Outer Rim dlc and Rogue One dlc heroes and maps in the game. Just because I miss them especially Greedo."

I wanted to add that they are all blaster heroes and this game needs more blaster heroes asap
  • Regarding anakins balance:
    REMOVE Retribution.
    MOVE Heroic Impact to the 4th ability slot.
    REPLACE Right ability with Saber Throw.
    I am POSITIVE this will help to or if not completely balance him please guys so sick of his goofy 360° radius abilities that only require 1 button and no aiming to clear a team.
  • "Also add bf2015's Outer Rim dlc and Rogue One dlc heroes and maps in the game. Just because I miss them especially Greedo."

I wanted to add that they are all blaster heroes and this game needs more blaster heroes asap

I miss greedo every day :'(
    This game definitely needs some more blaster heroes
  • 1. Obi-Wan (defensive rush specifically, he should take less damage and be able to jump out of this ability like Rey, also mind tricks could be more disabling)
    2. Grievous (needs rework thrust surge is broken, would like to see caped appearance also!)
    3. Anakin (needs rework, heroic might and retribution are lame abilities and crazy op)

I would like to see heroic might operate more like repulse and not charge up from damage, I feel it would be more fluid
    Retribution should either be earned through killstreak or when health is lower than a certain percent instead of taking damage.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

There’s been a lot of discussion lately surrounding hero balance so we thought we’d look to gather everyone’s thoughts, feedback and ideas in one place.

These types of threads have been incredibly useful in the past and as always we know you’ll deliver a ton of feedback.

To save some time, we are looking at making some additional Anakin changes, those will be coming in the future.

Can general grievous have four abilities.With his fourth ability he should be able to switch from using his lightsabers to use his blaster
  • I have issues with Obi-Wan and Grievous. Defensive Rush and Unrelenting Advance are both terrible abilities. I guess they're supposed to function a bit like Han's Shoulder Charge or Rey's Dash Strike but because Defensive Rush and Unrelenting Advance are both much slower they are way easier to dodge or block.
    The easy thing to do would be just speed them both up a lot but I honestly think ability changes would be better.
    For Obi-Wan replace Defensive Rush with a 'Precise Defense' ability, this would give Obi-Wan a stamina boost for a short time and any blaster bolts he blocks would be deflected perfectly back to enemies automatically, no need to aim them. This ability could also allow Obi-Wan to stagger enemies when he blocks lightsaber attacks, as if parrying them. Yeah, I think that stagger animation when you hit an enemy's block should be brought back, but only for this specific ability, imagine turning the old lightsaber combat's greatest weakness into a specific and logical strength for Obi-Wan.
    So what about Grievous? Ditch Unrelenting Advance for a 'Quadruple Threat' ability (there's a better name for that I'm sure). This should be self-explanatory but I'll elaborate anyway. Activate the ability and for a short time Grievous wields four sabers, his attacks become faster, more damaging and he has a better block. (Kinda like Dooku's Duelist ability but cooler cus 4 x lightsabers) A possible addition to this could be his attacks affect 360 degrees around him, so no matter where grievous is looking if enemies are standing within a small radius around him when he attacks, they get hit.
    Obviously these abilities would need to be carefully balanced but I strongly feel they'd be far more useful and fun than the current abilities Obi-Wan and Grievous have.
    Now I know all of the above is basically a pipe dream but if there are any devs out there please at the very least buff Defensive Rush and Unrelenting Advance, they're so painfully bad right now, basically wasted ability slots.
    And yo click agree if you agree.
    May the force be with y'all.
  • RebelScum13
    67 posts Member
    edited April 7
    I would like it if Darth Vader can one hit infantry (except heavy) when he uses his Focused Rage ability just like Dooku is able to. It would be cool to recreate that Rogue one scene in the hallway ;)

Also please make infantry and blaster heroes take some damage when they melee a lightsaber hero blocking. Or have them just get staggered like lightsaber hero's did before they got rid of blocking stagger. Or don't have their Stamina effected at all by a melee from a none lightsaber attack. (The exception could be with Phasma's staff and commando droids)

Please consider this! I think it would be a cool feature to be added.
  • Why do people say "Buff Luke"? He is ok in both HvV and GA...

Personally I wouldn't like a even more nerfed Anakin but a buffed Vader to match.
    Or just overall make all heroes better and less heroes available at a time so the battlefield won't be total chaos because there are 4 heroes on each side.

• I think Grievous mid ability shouldn't be interrupted by any Jedi push.
    Let's all remember Grievous was a professional jedi hunter. Let's look at his ''feet'' . In a duel we all know General Gievous would be clever enough to drive his claws into the ground so he wouldn't be pushed by any jedi.
    I think this fact should be added to the game as the mid ability is kinda useless yet
  • DarthCapa2
    2904 posts Member
    Buff Vader health at 900 as before, buff his force choke at 150 damages at least vs troopers and increase damages of his focused rage to 150/160. He have trash stamina so he should hit hard.

Buff Luke abilities vs villains.

Buff boba

Buff Chewbacca health regen
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I would buff Luke as many before me already suggested, he just feels too weak compared to the others and his abilities not only deal way too little damage but they also make Luke too vulnerable for enemy attacks.

As for the dark side I think dooku could use a little range buff on his lighting skill and Maul could get his saber throw buffed somehow (perhaps making it horizontal would help?).

Of course I agree anakin still needs a nerf on his abilities but I wouldn't focus on damage as much as I would focus on its ragdolling and knocking down effects, they just need to disappear since they leave anyone (trooper, reinforcement or villain) pretty much defenseless.
  • Boba Fett is the perfect example of a fatal flaw in hero balancing. He has terrible health and a terrible gun so he relies on his abilities instead.
    The tactic should be to outthink and out play your opponent in a a gunfight, not zoom around their heads with a lame shotgun style weapon until your point and click ability has recharged.

He is the best bounty hunter in the galaxy yet he is far weaker than his colleague Bossk, especially in ga.
    My changes would be:

-Make jetpack more like how it was at launch but slightly slower
    -Make it take about 0.5 seconds longer for boba to properly start his ascent when holding the jetpack button
    -Increase health to 650 as a minimum (he has mandalorian armour on)
    -Increase regen from 150 to 200
    -Increase the start damage of each blaster bolt from 35 to 45 and the end damage from 20 to 30.
    -Increase the damage drop off from 20m to 30m
    -Reduce spread and have a more accurate target reticle for ee-3
    -Increase cooldown time of for the hunt by 5 seconds, to stop having infinite jetpack 75% of the time, but have a bonus 20 health per kill while active and build no weapon heat
    -Concussion rocket should actually blind enemies or at least increase the blur effect to make it harder to see what’s going on and should last longer
    -Change ‘Anti Hero Rockets’ star card to Anti-Rebel Rockets, so that each rocket does a maximum of 12 damage more to troopers with the card, not heroes

The idea is to make his blaster rely on accuracy and be effective at medium to long range.
    His jetpack should not be primarily for whizzing around people and annoying them, but to reach vantage points and strategically move about.
    The 650 health and 250 regen would make him feel robust, but not unkillable because of the adjustments to his jetpack speed and style. Hero designer Dennis Branwell has said they are looking at jetpack changes for this month’s update, which is very interesting to hear.
    Bare in mind the target system will soon be gone so running away won’t be a major issue anymore.
  • Luke:
    Fine

Leia:
    Buff her rapid fire back to original state from launch or better
    switch her flash bang with the officers old flash bang

Han:
    Give him his battlefront 2015 shoulder charge and let it one hit kill all infantry except the heavy

Chewie:
    Just make him more viable in GA. I’m not exactly sure how
    Switch Health on Ground Slam to Health on Kill instead

Lando:
    Buff the smoke grenade

Rey:
    Nerf swing speed
    Switch her Mind Trick with Obi-Wan’s

Yoda:
    Fine especially with the upcoming changes

Finn:
    Fix the recoil on his blaster
    Put his Deadeye back the way it was when he first came to the game
    Let him have his normal speed for big deal
    Give Undercover Team a HUGE damage buff
    Make his Health on Undercover Team a Health on Kill instead

Obi-Wan:
    Increase swing speed
    Switch his Mind Trick with Rey’s

Anakin:
    Anakin honestly needs a complete rework. The pull dominance passionate strike combo along with heroic night is just ridiculous. Just take him out of the game and rework him but here are some ideas for a nerf after the upcoming nerf:
    Pull dominance deals no damage like Kylo’s
    Nerf Heroic Might Range
    Max Heroic Might Damage 300 (There’s really no need for it to be more than that. It should be high enough to where it kills a buffed Heavy, but not a full health enforcer)
    Nerf Passionate Strike Damage again (or at least to Heros)
    Nerf Retribution Range
    Don’t let Passionate strike have a lock on affect
    Make his max health 750, Take away his bonus health card and give him a heath regeneration card instead
    Nerf his max saber damage primarily to where he doesn’t one shot from the front(why would he deal more than Grievous when he doesn’t even have two sabers)

Boba Fett:
    Just put him back the way he was at launch with a slight damage buff on concussion rocket and an ADS

Bossk:
    Fine

Vader:
    Give him an 80% damage reduction when he does the force choke

Palpatine:
    Fine

Kylo:
    Fine

Maul:
    Change his saber throw to horizontal and maybe increase the recharge time by a couple of seconds so that’s it’s not OP

Iden:
    Maybe give her the Battlefront 2015 Pulse Cannon
    increase the health on droid shield

Phasma:
    Give Phasma’s staff strikes the same swing speed as BX droid
    Give her regular blaster a big damage buff and make it more accurate
    Change her Health on Staff Strike Health on Kill instead

Grievous:
    Make his abilities less buggy
    Change Unrelenting to where he has a huge damage reduction, like 50 or 60 percent damage reduction, and to where he literally cannot take any damage from the front

Dooku: Fine

For Primary Focus, I would say Leia, Finn, and Chewie for the Lightside and Phasma and Boba Fett for the Darkside
  • AVGN
    508 posts Member
    I remember doing this multiple times before and it always worked. Again, silly me for expecting consistency from this game. Maybe it is a good idea to replace this ability with something else.

What were they thinking?
  • Light Side needs a buff to Luke and Chewbacca most of all. Then blaster heroes should have a health bump (700).

Luke should have 800 health, regen 250 like his father and maybe take away how fast it regenerates. Push should have a longer range standard or a rework so that it always connects, same with repulse. That seriously needs a buff to it's damage and range. It should have a card rework so it's epicenter does more damage or greater distance or change it to damage reduction since it's leaving him wide open if you don't give it passive damage reduction.

Chewbacca needs to be the light side tank he was in BF2015, a walking carpet tank. I think he needs 750 health standard so his cards can have him with it comparable to Vader/Anakin at 950, 1000. If you keep hok as a card and not passive, it needs to be changed to a general hok not attached to charge slam.

Blaster heroes in general should all have 700 health and regen at least 200, 250.

Dark Side needs a buff to Phasma and Boba most of all.

Phasma needs a standard hok if it's not a passive ability. Health regen should be higher too, 250 health maybe. Her blaster is kinda weak imo, and has too much spread as it first starts shooting. I also feel that her Survivor ability needs to health-boost the surrounding team like Yoda's Presence and Finn's big deal. Let it add 150-200 health to the people affected by it. I also feel like her melee should be a super strong 150dmg staff hit with a unique animation.

Boba Fett needs 700 health, higher regen too. 250 like I suggested for other blaster heroes. Like many others have said, his blaster needs a slight damage buff per bolt and it should have greater range and accuracy. The spread needs to go way lower since he has no aim down sight function. For the hunt I think should have a larger radius to reveal enemies. Maybe have it work like the new clone arc troopers' scan. Concussion missile maybe do some more damage and have blaster disabler/overheat standard.

There's other things that need to be done to heroes, but for now that's my idea on the 4 who need work the most.
  • Another thing, Anakin should be able to do pull dominance while in mid air. Like Kylo can do his pull in mid air.
  • I would buff yoda and maul obvisouly give them a block and fix the hitbox on mauls throw