criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

ideas for saber engagement

sharkman781
131 posts Member
edited April 26
SABER ENGAGEMENT -- i would like sabers to have at least 2 different fighting forms (adding default and dueling form)

-- DEFAULT FORM is the form that you start with and usually preferred for GA matches
-- DUELING FORM is the form that you would activate by pressing a button ("y" for controller) and its the heroes preferred fighting form

-- attacks at the same time will not cause dmg to either player if their speed is the same it will create a personal area of space so that saber heroes won't overlap over each other (more realistic look)
-- slow will take 1 hit form medium and 2 from fast. medium will take 1 hit from fast. defense will work the same (block all dmg)
-- some forms are better at single engagement while others for multiple. so for single, the fight will have the effects above but if another player starts to attack (2v1) then the lone player will lose his personal space and start receiving dmg (no stun lock). but if the form its good for multiple enemies, then the lone player won't lose his personal space. heroes that don't have a good def for multiple attackers should consider dodging instead (roll out)
-- multiple enemy block will drain stamina based on its form, counting simultaneous hits from different players as 1(even if you are hit by 4 heroes it would still count as getting hit by 1 enemy) while multiple enemy attacks will hit everyone near them (will drain stamina as hitting 1 enemy and you will not lose your personal space while you are attacking several enemies)

-- TIMED BLOCKS -- just holding the block stance will not reflect blaster shots, only timed ones will and if there is continuous firing after getting a timed block.
-- reflect effectiveness would be affected by the form your hero is using but will only activate if you get a timed block

Notes:
-- auto deflect will be explained under my topics "Auto deflect mechanics"
Post edited by sharkman781 on

Replies

• Maybe can carry over the combat system from For Honour and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
    I think their systems are a better replacement than what we have.

May the Force be with you.
  • Maybe can carry over the combat system from For Honour and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
    I think their systems are a better replacement than what we have.

May the Force be with you.

yep, but i don't want to be the same, just to use that as a reference

and may the force be with you as well
  • Bring back saber locks from BF1 but the players in the lock would be invulnerable to other players during the lock.
  • i like that idea but its going to be very unpopular with most of the community. also that would be a debuff for heroes that have area attacks, specially sabers since blaster have detrimental effects with their area attacks. even if you don't hit sabers, their stamina will drain faster.

they would have to make several changes for this to work. i would like saber block to also work for blaster heroes