criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Why no ranked mode?

One of the worst things about almost any FPS is the fact people don't take the games seriously.

They run around and goof off. They leave whenever they are losing which leads to me joining games already half over where the team is getting slaughtered.

This kind of stuff isn't fun.

What helps to fix a lot of those problems is ranked play.

When people play ranked they 'usually' try a bit harder, and you can set leaver penalties for people because joining a ranked game is basically saying you are 100% committed to that game and aren't going to screw your team over, without a big penalty.

This also means people gain and lose ranking, getting teamed with others with similar rankings leading to better games. Not just the first random joe shmoe who joined in.

So many positives to having ranked play, so why isn't it there?

Replies

• If you've seen how toxic this community is without ranked play, and how toxic other communities are with it, I'm really scared to see what would happen. I'm not saying I don't want a ranked mode, but I think the community needs to calm down first
  • Kykyphph
    110 posts Member
    No ranked mode pls. only if they make it without the gay heroes.
  • Kykyphph
    110 posts Member
    If you've seen how toxic this community is without ranked play, and how toxic other communities are with it, I'm really scared to see what would happen. I'm not saying I don't want a ranked mode, but I think the community needs to calm down first

The game is toxic. i play because no other better FPS/TPS are out there. This game is shiet. combat is shiet even for a sci-fi game.
  • Kykyphph
    110 posts Member
    I mean its shiet, because its like other crap FPS games, the worst ones for ppl who has no life and doing ASDAWSDADWASDAWASDAWASD and doing headshot 10/9 from 1 km. So nothing new, just used SW skin to get ppl to buy it. Campaign mode has better combat. Slower, cover etc. multiplay is like a bad CS:GO or something other crap ***** game.
  • I don't really see this game being very competitive until you get into HvV. Although, I don't believe this game should get a ranked mode at all mainly because with how the game plays. You'll primarily find most players on either Capital Supremacy or Galactic Assault, and I doubt those are game modes that'll mix well with ranked play.

This game's player base is toxic enough already, especially in HvV, so let's try not to make it more toxic shall we?