criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Dice fix the servers (Xbox)

Games lag and can’t change ping location

Replies

• Lobbies are empty? Dubbele XP weekend?
    I hope it is a temporary Xbox glitch.
  • Same here. Game is barely playable and can't change ping site
  • Same here, can't join any game and cannot change ping site on XBox...

qh2efip0jw7y.jpg
  • Unwarycoin
    4636 posts Member
    Games lag and can’t change ping location

Thanks for the update.

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Same. Says slow internet connection even though mine is fine and getting stuck in empty lobbies or playing with only half the players.
  • IIPrest0nII
    3878 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited April 8
    Hi all,

I've forwarded this topic to the team. If there will be an answer it will be posted here.

Please let us know if you still experience this issue.
    SWBF Forums Senior Moderator/ Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    852 posts Member
    edited April 8
    The lag in Xbox One in this game always has been terrible
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • Can they look into the crazy input lag that seems to be caused only on XBOX servers, too? It's been so much worse after the last update.

For instance: you can slightly move your joystick and the game will suddenly twirl your character 180-360 degrees. Aiming is impossible sometimes.

(This never happens when I play on PS4.)
  • The lag in Xbox One in this game always has been terrible

It's been bad since BF15 tbh
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

• sukebe7
    366 posts Member
    Perhaps we should start posting our laggy games on youtube for all to see.
    I can't imagine respectable twitch players taking a chance on losing money by playing this thing in its current state.
    Clearly, the servers can't handle the AI that EA (or whomever) decided to keep. They ack'd that they saw a problem with AI, but 'fixed' something else and kept the AI.
    Why?
    Because these updates are not for 'us', they're for press. I've never seen a true news article about our troubles with this game. Just puff pieces about some guy helping another guy who is trapped and lost in the game or that there's some new exciting skin that's been released.

repeat: The updates are not for us, it's to get press and hopefully some more suckers. Every release, there's a flock of noticeable newbies saturating the game for about three days. then they vanish.
    Smarter than us, I suppose.
    If you see this, it means I haven't found a game in well over 30 minutes.
    PLAYERS NEEDED: ANY!
  • sukebe7
    366 posts Member
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    you can slightly move your joystick and the game will suddenly twirl your character 180-360 degrees.
    that is a feature.

If you see this, it means I haven't found a game in well over 30 minutes.
    PLAYERS NEEDED: ANY!
  • Not sure if these problems have been addressed yet, but the lag this weekend was particularly bad. I say "particularly" because the game actually seemed pretty smooth in the days up to the update releasing the new mode, and since then its been a jumpy, erratic lagfest far more often than not. Even in the game's smallest mode, HvV, it can oscillate between a playable game with predictable timing and response and a totally unplayable game where everything is unpredictably bonkers, all in a single match. I left more matches than I played out this weekend, and I didn't even play that much.
  • The lag is that bad on Xbox one I've just kind of got used to it. It happens nearly every game , it's very rare I experience no lag at all.

I've played BF2 on ps4 and omg it's sooo smooth! :(
  • Billkwando
    1411 posts Member
    edited April 8
    No problem on Xbox. I've only seen lag once, months ago. Virginia server.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Is it back online?

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    Can they look into the crazy input lag that seems to be caused only on XBOX servers, too? It's been so much worse after the last update.

For instance: you can slightly move your joystick and the game will suddenly twirl your character 180-360 degrees. Aiming is impossible sometimes.

But if you're within a foot of someone, it won't let you move fast enough to get headshots. That happens too. The mechanics were better in BF15.

The sudden twirl you are talking used to drive me crazy but I raised the stick deadzone from 5 to 14 and it stopped. One of my controllers had a "drift" and that made the issue worse until I raised the deadzone setting. Maybe try it and see if it works for you.
    xJENARIx on XBOX and PS4
  • sukebe7 wrote: »
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    you can slightly move your joystick and the game will suddenly twirl your character 180-360 degrees.
    that is a feature.

No its not.
    In CS, on occasion, my aim drifts with the slightest movement, as if I'm intoxicated! Would have been funny if it was not so dam unplayable at times.

At least the glitch with the ping site is now fixed and I can get full lobbies again.
  • camerog
    204 posts Member
    it must be location based, because i never have issues with lag on xbox one.
    Can they look into the crazy input lag that seems to be caused only on XBOX servers, too? It's been so much worse after the last update.

This aiming drift bug exists since launch.. sadly was never adressed nor fixd
  • brienj
    660 posts Member
    The lag varies from game to game. I mostly play HvV now, just trying to finish all the objectives for the heroes, and level them all up, and I can always tell when a game has the lag problem, because none of my force powers or block work correctly. I just have to quit out of matches like that, because it never gets better, and just trying to play out the game will result in me getting the last spot on the leaderboard, and doing nothing to complete the hero objectives. It's better to let my team get someone else that isn't having issues, than to make them lose because of the lag. I don't know why it changes from game to game though, that's the part I don't understand, and every other game I play has no lag issues at all, it is totally this game, it's not my setup or anything.
  • Last night on PS4, fiber connection in Europe (luxembourg):

HvH game

Heroes getting stuck for no reason after dodges, unable to move, could just rotate and do some abilities, but couldn't move. Finally able to move after 2 minutes, no idea why.

Heroes ability not launching, despite pressing the button several times.

Hits not detecting like saber swings on Chewbacca in front of me and all my hits just passed through him with no damage.

etc etc etc

This never happened to me before.
  • Looks like most of the problems are on the European server in Germany and on all platforms. When can we expect a fix?

This aiming drift bug exists since launch.. sadly was never adressed nor fixd

This is true, it's just the occurrence has gone up tremendously with the last update and in the new mode.

I'm in NYC with 1G internet, I'd be surprised if it's location-based.
  • Hi all,

I've forwarded this topic to the team. If there will be an answer it will be posted here.

Please let us know if you still experience this issue.

This is still occurring and as many noted, it's been an issue since day 1 that's just gotten worse. Any updates from the team? @IIPrest0nII @T0TALfps