criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

I deleted the game - thanks Anakin

GarthRevan
98 posts Member
edited March 31
Nothing to say anymore. Since Anakin arrived every game mode is broken. And the ones with the ARC troopers even more.

if you balance it I'll probably return. But I am fed up with being pushed, pulled and instakilled all the time.

Replies

• Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    edited March 31
    GarthRevan wrote: »
    if you balance it I'll probably return.

Hear, hear!

A necessary reworking of the battle system is in dire need for this game now. Stop all current reworkings, fix all the annoying server problems, bugs and glitches, leave the game with how it’s originally designed and you have a game that was worth paying money for.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    I really loved the game up until now. But currently the game is: who ever has Anakin (and/or ARC troopers) wins. And I dont even enjoy playing Anakin. It's not a challenge. A cleared out the entire Naboo right room objective today using heroic might, some lightsaber strikes and retribution with total ease. And it was crowded and I think with Dooku as well. But wouldn't matter anyway if he was in there or not, cause with retribution you grab him anyway. Before I was running around in the city killing everyone without much effort or was just jumping out of the palace, instakilling everyone with heroic might and then jumping back. If someone wants to escape: Just pull him - instakills him anyway most of the time and if not he is one the ground and you kill him in a second with ls strikes: so uncivilized

(I did many streaks with Yoda and Bossk etc. before, but the difference is with Yoda e.g. you have to be very cautious and you almost can't heal up and with Bossk you have to be very skilled and could die quite easily).

Anakin constantly however also causes massive kills on the opponents all the time - not just in the points of interest - also making dark siders loose lifes just too quickly. So he doesn't only clear out the objectives in a second but also drains massively on the number of reinforcements running the dark siders counter to zero so quickly.

On the second round when we were droids. We took the entire thrown room but Anakin just cleared out the entire room in a blitz taking out 5-6 (?) plus droids and a Bossk - just by hopping in and using heroic might. He makes Palp look like a noob. Before he pulled in my Vader from a far distance, uses heroic might and took almost all my health but 19 points in just a sec. Barely escaped anyway - then a ricochet killed me. Horrible. Then I got a Palp. Again pulled by a random Anakin who was just hopping in, lay on the ground, was hit by Anakin and shot from all sides. And you can do almost nothing other than playing very passively - which especially palp cant because of his limited range. And he cant defend against Anakin either. Palp killed by his young apprentice in a second.

Two days earlier II got two Bossks killed on Endor: Anakin pulled me, I was on the ground. Two LS hits. Done.

It's a PITTY for the game. because the graphics are so great and I also had a lot of FUN with the game so far. But thing is we constantly have these balancing issues. And at the moments the dark side is not enjoyable anymore, meaning half of the games are just not really fun, because Anakin may just instakills or at least takes 70% of your health in a second.

On top the new commando droids cost 2000 BP and the gun is like a pea shooter making these droids seem like a waste if a villain costs just 4000 BP.

Also the issue with Anakin being so cheap: even if when you get him down there always another Anakin ready to spawn i. Often its a noob that just runs in and mindeless attacks your enforcemenrs / villain etc. You kill him, but as Anakin is a tank, does massive damage and just retributes/heroic mights you or so, you often loose a lot health if you are not super cautious, which you cant when you want to take the objectives like on Naboo or Kashyyyk from the juggernauts onwards (in the open before you can try to run arround him or use the stinger on him or so). And as I am not that bad player I bet most people do considerably worse against Anakin.

No really - the balancing has to be reworked for Anakin, the ARC troopers, the commando droids and also Geonosis in GA. GA Geonosis was unbalanced fo the droids before - but now it got worse. The droids really need some launcher to do damage on the ATTEs.

Today also I melted and killed a full health Ideen with the ARC trooper in the same game on Kashyyyk. And I didnt even use the freeze and am not so good the with ARC. The ARC trooper shouldnt even outgun Iden face to face. Especially as the ARC can just recover his health.

Sorry, Dice had done a great job before, but is broken right now. I dont like being noobishly stomped nor noobishly stomping others.

May just be me - but that's how I just feel.

Sums it up perfectly. Well said.
  • The Heroes in general are wayyy OP or at least they're too fast. I can't even try to run from Maul or Anakin
  • Cyro
    211 posts Member
    meanwhile i really wish they would never heve put heroes in this game! it doesnt need heroes, it needs deeper FPS mechanics and more blasters. it's a shooter. it's Called BATTLEFRONT, but Dice makes it HEROFRONT.

if i want to play heroes and nothing but heroes as you think i would then i would go for Galaxy of Heroes.
  • ID_8615
    787 posts Member
    Cyro wrote: »
    meanwhile i really wish they would never heve put heroes in this game! it doesnt need heroes, it needs deeper FPS mechanics and more blasters. it's a shooter. it's Called BATTLEFRONT, but Dice makes it HEROFRONT.

if i want to play heroes and nothing but heroes as you think i would then i would go for Galaxy of Heroes.

↑ This. The DICE Dev Team has shown their amateurishness with the last 4-5 updates, going back to pre-Grievous. Only novice game makers continue to publish ever-more-powerful characters to one-up the last round. In all my years of game playing (decades now) this has never worked. Invariably, the game dies. We are already seeing it. The Game Developers themselves, however, are probably ignorant of this fact and blissfully blame Apex, Fortnite, or whatever else might be out there. Fortnite gets it. Apex kinda has it (for the moment, time will tell if they muck it up). Those games continue to publish updates that do not dramatically upset the overall balance of the game. Only the stellar Swedish n00bs of the DICE Dev Team don't get it. The community here has been clamoring about it for MONTHS now, and they still don't get it. I.e., Swedes are gonna do what Swedes are gonna do. EA's not going to bother with telling them membership is declining. Or that the only players left are the pre-teens who think total domination with one or a few characters lording over the others with great ease is "fun".

The only way to rescue BF2 now is to create a new GA mode with just the base-4 classes, maybe a couple of enforcers (no jet-packers or ARC troopers, they are OP); so objectives matter(!) once more. So team work matters. So individual skill matters.

This game had such potential. Good news for me, I still have BF2015 loaded and I can go play the Walker Assaults and Survival episodes in ad infinitum. The Swedes will screw over BF2 in the coming months---you know this to be true.
  • ID_8615
    787 posts Member
    Not all of us bought this to be "Hero-Front".

How skillful is it for any given Hero to take down a grunt, base-4 player? How Heroic is that?
    In any 1:1 situation, 99x out of 100, the Hero will walk away from the engagement, the base-4 player will be back at the start screen, waiting for the respawn timer to expire.

You wanna be a Hero so bad? Play against AI-bots. Or other Heroes in HvV. Don't waste my time or others' time because you want an over-powered guaranteed win so bad to boost your pitiful ego.
  • same here man.

Thanks dice for making this broken mess and NOT listening to your own community.
    @F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne

everybody says his 1000hp 165 dmg per swing 2 cc abilities with 90% dmg reduction are broken and KILLING the fun

why dont you listen?

its so frustrating

i really enjoyed that game before him

2 CC abilities? you mean 4? Knockdowns are CC and every ability he has knocks you down. Retribution and Passionate Strike should not knock you down.

Anakin is way more mobile than Vader, Vader needs the 1000 health not Anakin.
  • ID_8615
    787 posts Member
    I'm going to post this stat on several threads, so it may be redundant shortly.
    3 teens - ages 12, 14, & 17 - none of them care for the current state of things with Anakin, all the Heroes, BX/ARC troopers, et. al., over-powered as they are. 100% failure to impress the teen market. 100% F. None of it makes any sense---what is the coordinated theme of development now? What has been the goal over the past year's releases??

I feel like Luke needs to tell these Dev Team leads - You've failed your Highness. - and toss away the PS4 controller.
    I cannot think of a more colossal waste of time, money, and programming power .. on a theme that should be grossing 100x more than it currently is. Seriously, someone needs a reprimand or 20 over these past 5-6 updates.
  • Dingbattin_1000
    174 posts Member
    edited April 5
    It's been a long time since I won as a droid on supremacy. When they have Anakin, Yoda, 3 arc troopers (OMG, nerf those guns already), and wookie warriors it's almost impossible to get anyplace close to the objective. There is honestly no point in playing if you are a droid and you want to win. I'm going back to FO76 for awhile.

Something needs to be done with those arc troopers. They can stun and knock you down, their guns can shoot as fast as a sentry gun and kill you even quicker, they have thermal vision, and a power shot that recharges in no more than 2 seconds. I can go head to head with any hero in the game with one and I have a good chance of winning. That's just not right and I'm a crapola player.
  • Foefirelord
    9 posts Member
    edited April 6
    If they wanted Anakin to be this extremely powerful offensively, the obvious decision was to make him extremely vulnerable while channeling his abilities, to the point where a single unupgraded Assault trooper can kill him in a matter of two seconds while performing his abilities, thereby ensuring an all-or-nothing playstyle that rewards extremely careful positioning (making sure to catch every nearby enemy in a stun while being obstructed by cover from those out of range).

Instead, he's just invincible, as are the ARC Troopers.

So when you combine those two on Clone Wars maps, there's no point whatsoever in playing as the CIS.

P.S. I uninstalled too, for the above reasons and because of the ridiculous inability to choose a faction to play.
  • Not delete this game, delete this *****
  • sillysaxon
    141 posts Member
    edited April 6
    Odinnir wrote: »
    The Heroes in general are wayyy OP or at least they're too fast. I can't even try to run from Maul or Anakin

They are heroes, they should be. You probably play on console. On PC heroes get **** on by regulars. There needs to be a balance for PC with stronger heroes. Damage mitigation and all that.

I have only ever played PS4 and I have hundreds upon hundreds of hero kills, usually as either a heavy or a reinforcement.the primary problem with this game is people run into a fight trying to Rambo heroes and then come cry on the forums when their attack turns out to be ill fated.
    Anakin is easy to kill, just keep your distance. Each hero has a range weakness that you can play to. I've dropped Obiwan with the assault Droid numerous times.
    The main problem is that most of these players are the type who run into the same hallway over and over and over again dying trying to go kill some hero and just feeding them. Meanwhile there are only 5 people trying to get the objective, so they get wiped out by other forces.

I've never felt like I've been utterly steamrolled because of Anakin, it's always because most of our team is failing to take objectives.

People need to try being more tactical with this game before complaining, they're the ones creating a dev nightmare because they're loud about nerfs and buffs and pay zero attention to gameplay and tactics, so it's confusing when a well balanced class is asked for nerfs, which leads to weird class changes to try to appease these players. It's so frustrating
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    I'm going to post this stat on several threads, so it may be redundant shortly.
    3 teens - ages 12, 14, & 17 - none of them care for the current state of things with Anakin, all the Heroes, BX/ARC troopers, et. al., over-powered as they are. 100% failure to impress the teen market. 100% F. None of it makes any sense---what is the coordinated theme of development now? What has been the goal over the past year's releases??

I feel like Luke needs to tell these Dev Team leads - You've failed your Highness. - and toss away the PS4 controller.
    I cannot think of a more colossal waste of time, money, and programming power .. on a theme that should be grossing 100x more than it currently is. Seriously, someone needs a reprimand or 20 over these past 5-6 updates.

Couldn’t agree more.
  • hosco33
    220 posts Member
    I agree. New content doesn't make sense if current very cool modes don't work do to performance and glitches.

Pull the trigger Dice, what you need?, just keep playing to level up characters, which is contrary to what a video game is. I used to laugh a lot, but not any more. Not even sure if I should renew Gold membership.
  • hosco33
    220 posts Member
    I swear you the game is full of cheaters!, they just don't die
  • Sad_History
    120 posts Member
    edited April 7
    Cyro wrote: »

If you want infantry only go and play Battlefield.

This is Star Wars and Star Wars is all about the force, heroes and villains.

And yes if I could I would give you a zero-hero GA, but then I want HU permanented beside it. But Dice doesn't give us that. They hardly give us any choice at all. Not even a browser. No mods or no private server.
  • Munedawg
    203 posts Member
    I love heroes as part of the game. They are like armor or helicopters in the Battlefield Franchise. But Anakin is just a joke; an insult to those of us who like even a little strategy or balanced gameplay.
  • nice thing

why is this broken hero wwith 1000 hp and 165 dmg per swing ingame?

HE RUINS THE GAME SO HARD.

WHY IS HE THE ONLY HERO THT CAN ONE HIT WITHOUT CONSEQUENCES?

NERF HIM??
    NERFFFF HIMM 750 hp and 130 dmg per swing
  • vonVile
    310 posts Member
    OforsakenO wrote: »

Oh my god. Bro, implement other cards into your abilities for reg troopers. DICE just told everyone how to beat anakin but none of you listen. Use the stinger pistol and if you suck at aiming that’s your fault. He can run all he wants but if he’s stunned or intoxicated by any means, he’s done. I ruin that **** and it’s because I learned to strategize. Get 5 of your friends to shoot em with it, he’s dead in seconds. God you guys want a kitty game made for children so it’s fair for everyone. As for ARCs, they are god damn trash against supers. Use the reg super battle droid and use the overpower ability on his weapon rips them apart as they try to roll away. Low on health? Use the health regeneration power to give you the one up on the guy. He’s inaccurate at long range and the super is a sniper with his wrist blaster. Another ability to get good with is the wrist rocket, you will one shot him and see him rage quit. 1v1 me sometime if you play on PS4 and I’ll show you: OforsakenO

Heroic Might erases Stinger Pistol health draining damage, so you can shoot Anakin all you want with it and it won't stop him.
  • OforsakenO wrote: »

Oh my god. Bro, implement other cards into your abilities for reg troopers. DICE just told everyone how to beat anakin but none of you listen. Use the stinger pistol and if you suck at aiming that’s your fault. He can run all he wants but if he’s stunned or intoxicated by any means, he’s done. I ruin that **** and it’s because I learned to strategize. Get 5 of your friends to shoot em with it, he’s dead in seconds. God you guys want a kitty game made for children so it’s fair for everyone. As for ARCs, they are god damn trash against supers. Use the reg super battle droid and use the overpower ability on his weapon rips them apart as they try to roll away. Low on health? Use the health regeneration power to give you the one up on the guy. He’s inaccurate at long range and the super is a sniper with his wrist blaster. Another ability to get good with is the wrist rocket, you will one shot him and see him rage quit. 1v1 me sometime if you play on PS4 and I’ll show you: OforsakenO

I know how to use the stinger and have a good aim. @vonVile described why it has limited efficiency. And I have joined up with 3 dudes to kill Anakin. However if 3-5 dudes have to care about Anakin alone then dark siders now must have 23-25 players (probably with a special Anakin squad)....

ARC troopers: Yeah you can kill them. Still with there radar, freeze, instakill and super high fire rate they are op. You can also use the disrupter etc. or I used infiltration, sneaking them. Still they are op.
  • GarthRevan wrote: »
    Nothing to say anymore. Since Anakin arrived every game mode is broken. And the ones with the ARC troopers even more.

if you balance it I'll probably return. But I am fed up with being pushed, pulled and instakilled all the time.

Aha... go and cry. Should I cry that they all make the soldier and enforcer weaker? No, because always when the devs change something you need to change your way to play. It's annoying but a normal thing in these days.
  • I didn't know there could be 4 arc troopers in the match at once and with Anakin's ability to hit you whether you dodge or not...I'm not playing as a droid anymore. If I'm not a clone in supremacy I'm going to quit and try again but I almost always connect as a droid since people quit so often. Even after matchmaking I'm still a droid. At least 90% of the time with 32 opponents on the field it's one of these 5 that kill me. Pathetic. Don't do anything else in this game until you fix this.
  • ID_8615
    787 posts Member
    I was on the Separatist's side in a Geonosis GA game with a crop of ARC troopers and Obiwan camping out at the Spawn site for droids on the last stage. These ARC troopers were so intent on camping there, killing me and my tanks as I killed them, that they over-looked the fact they were running out of AT-TEs and we ended up WINNING... which is unheard of.

ARC Troopers. Hero players. Few of them actually care about playing the objectives of the game, sad to say. Kill count is all that matters to them, ... as the developers have emphasized over the course of the past 6 updates.
  • Anakin is way to over powered!
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    Kill count is all that matters to them, ... as the developers have emphasized over the course of the past 6 updates.

COMPLETELY AGREE......it's obvious what the solution is to the problem. Dice should have updated the battlepoint sheet a while ago for how much heroes earn for doing anything.
    • 1 or 2 points for a single standard infantry kill
    • 5 points for killing 2 standard infantry simultaneously.
    • 200+ points for killing a group of 5 or more troopers simultaneously
    • 300 points for hitting an enemy hero
    • 2000 points for finishing an enemy hero......with no kill streak
    • 5000 points for finishing an enemy hero......on a kill streak at or above 20 kills (Announcer tells player there is a hutt contract out on this enemy player to be killed for credits/5000 BP!!!!)
    • 200 points every 5 to 10 second for defending the objective....or being within a certain distance of the objective killing troopers.
    • Lightsaber wielders get 10 points for every blaster deflected & 50 points for every blaster accurately deflected back at the enemy that hits.

....essentially the battlepoints would be given more for heroes facing of against each other and taking on large groups of enemies that are defending or attack an objective. Much less for heroes going around picking off easy targets. If they do This is the problem with GA & CS.
  • I returned as they said they had nerfed him. But its by far not enough.

The worst thing is that he can 4 times stun you with Retribution, Heroic Might, Pull and Passionate strike.

It must be made so that no heroes or villain can do a doublke or more times stun - meaning Anakin needs a block for 3 seconds to use his other abilities. Otherwise no nerf will fix him.
  • vonVile
    310 posts Member
    edited April 24
    They should nerf Anakin by having it where when a player picks a Force ability all his other abilities also go into cool down. Anakin might have more, but he'll be unable to combo with them.
    Post edited by vonVile on
  • The Chosen One argument is lame as far game purposes go. He has ruined practically every game mode. The only modes he hasn’t ruined are the ones heroes are not in.

The nerf has helped in regards to HvV, but heroic might and retribution are still game breaking in modes with choke points. Retribution just sucks entirely and is pretty much a death sentence even for Villians since it hold you in place to be focus fired on. Every other skill is still a knock down, which gives him the advantage against everyone.

HvV has gotten better or at least the villains do win more often. However, that is usually become some ***** is boba fett and flying around out of reach, while the other three widdle the target down. Rage quitting in HvV has easily doubled if not more since Anakin was launched.

All in all, he has to be the single worst character launch in any game I have played. His skills are the simplest in the game to use with easily the best risk reward value in the game. He has the highest hit points in the game, but is still extremely mobile, and has the highest regular damage hit it the game. Sorry, in my most humble opinion, Anakin sucks.
  • git gud
  • Munedawg
    203 posts Member
    edited April 22
    The problem now is that Anakin's brokenness is creating a cascade of other problems. People sick of it just back out when they aren't light side, which means that now the dark side is even weaker, likely populated by newer players and will just lose more. Players who are sick of it just aren't playing anymore which means that the playerbase is bleeding invested members unnecessarily. And new players just getting stomped will just likely stop playing.
  • Phan816tom
    59 posts Member
    edited April 23
    git gud

That’s a worthless comment. New players are going to quit before they have a chance, and a high percentage of people do not have or want to spend the time it takes to become an upper level player. Most players are going to be casual players that play a little bit now and then. Games die when the majority of those types of players stop playing. Which unless they do something, lobbies are already taking longer to fill, and the number players that quit during games is increasing.

I agree with Munedawg, the array problems Anakin has caused and is continuing to cause is the problem.
  • hosco33
    220 posts Member
    I don't know if I'm the only one, the game is not popular in my country, I've seen kids trying to play because it's Star Wars, and they also quit. Many of us cannot play it (besides the broken one).

GA is underrated and pretty cool (the idea), but it's virtually impossible to face anyone. That idea of giving better guns to better players do not help to bring more players.

To top it off, it's unplayable, every time I face someone she moves faster and abruptly, my character moves slowly, an easy target. They can kill me in one shot (though sometimes it reproduces two or three sounds in one single shot, this happens the most, they shoot lots of shots in one single row, all of them reach you simultaneously, nothing to do to save you, rolling is useless, computer has decided you are already dead). I need six shots to kill anyone with the same weapons. When I successfully kill someone it is because I followed them five meters. Many, many times, you hide behind a wall, but it's useless, their blasters can go through the walls, or they can see you when you cannot see them behind the wall, or if you are rolling, blasters follow you, I just saw one heavy not aiming to me and still hitting me at almost 90 degrees of his fire line.

Just a minute ago, someone threw a grenade behind me, it killed only me, not my teammate, a nonsense these things happening, totally discouraging.
  • GarthRevan wrote: »

I'm on the verge. Hoping the update really ties a rubber band around them.
  • Come on guys! Just live with it! He’s the chosen one for a reason. Stop complaining about how op he is because he’s supposed to be that way.

This is a videogame, so why dont YOU just live with the fact that he will be nerfed eventually. Sorry you are terrible at the game and need an unfair advantage to win, but, "just live with it".
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    edited April 24
    Hoping the update really ties a rubber band around them.

Seems like they lost some rubber bands along the way because they’re not done. Far from it.
    Post edited by Maliainu on
  • I didn't realize what a problem he was until I saw him on GA. He's truly ruined my second favorite mode.

I cant believe im so close to moving on from this game because of one character, but the futility of it has gotten to me.

The CT's description of his nerfing is not adequate at all. what a shame.