criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

One Hero Per Side for Extraction?

As per title, would people be more interested in Extraction with one hero per side?

BF2015 had a couple per side iirc and I believe it was well-received. I don't suspect one in this game will have an overbearing influence (balance Anakin first).

Thoughts?
PSN: Atreus-213
Xbox One GT: Atreus215

Replies

• RyanK388
    1777 posts Member
    Anakin FTW!
    Darkside never stood a chance
    Honestly I fear that heroes (Post-Anakin) would have been a great idea for this small jampacked mode.

The inclusion of the chosen one you’re always going to have points to spend might as well be mr skyguy and Force a victory outta The Bad guys efforts

Extraction was better balanced in 2015
    With Officer bounty hunters racking up easy point with buff and se44c Anakin will surely be one win for sure
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    Anakin FTW!
    Darkside never stood a chance
    Honestly I fear that heroes (Post-Anakin) would have been a great idea for this small jampacked mode.

The inclusion of the chosen one you’re always going to have points to spend might as well be mr skyguy and Force a victory outta The Bad guys efforts

Extraction was better balanced in 2015
    With Officer bounty hunters racking up easy point with buff and se44c Anakin will surely be one win for sure

Yep I share those concerns. There will be meta picks especially the way things are. Could always keep it OT heroes only. ;) Give it the ol' CS treatment.

To those going "lol no", you clearly never played BF2015 with their 1-shot heroes.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    I don't think it would be balanced, especially with someone like Palpatine who doesn't even need to kill people to get his health back.

Worked in 2015 because the heroes would widdle each other down to the point where the troopers could finish them off.

That's true, Palp might be a bit much. I can see Bossk mining up the package and running to regen being an issue too.
    No. Terrible idea. What would be great is a full Hero Extraction mode. 8v8 Extraction, but with heroes instead of troopers. This would be easy to implement. Basically zero development resources/time required. And that means it’ll never happen.

I'm down with this. Anything other than target-based HvV to be real, though.

Good discussion.
  • Unwarycoin
    6021 posts Member
    I’m not sure.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Atreus213 wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    I don't think it would be balanced, especially with someone like Palpatine who doesn't even need to kill people to get his health back.

Worked in 2015 because the heroes would widdle each other down to the point where the troopers could finish them off.

That's true, Palp might be a bit much. I can see Bossk mining up the package and running to regen being an issue too.
    No. Terrible idea. What would be great is a full Hero Extraction mode. 8v8 Extraction, but with heroes instead of troopers. This would be easy to implement. Basically zero development resources/time required. And that means it’ll never happen.

I'm down with this. Anything other than target-based HvV to be real, though.

Good discussion.

Yeah man, and all the work is already done. We have HvV on both Extraction maps already. We have the Extraction mode already in-game. Swap troopers for heroes and you have a new, objective-based hero mode with no target system and no tactical incentive for running or map exploits. This is a no brainer that I wish others would begin to lobby for. This would be a really good mode.
  • Blaster Heroes would be so much fun in extraction!
  • KresusFIN
    2725 posts Member
    I can just imagine how much a pain Finn would be in Extraction.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Everything needs more maps. That isn't news.
  • bfloo
    15720 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    I can just imagine how much a pain Finn would be in Extraction.

Between Bossk and Phasma's droid, the ls would never get close to the shipment.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• It was a thing in the last game because initially, the heroes for each side were predetermined and locked. And not to mention, they were also far more balanced than they are in this game.

So if they were to add heroes to this game's version of extraction, they would:
    1. Have to limit them to one per side per match.
    B. Have them preselected and locked to each map for balancing purposes.
    3. Have era appropriate heroes, which would eliminate the worry of Anakin spam.

But if they don't do those three things, then it's a no for me for heroes in this game's version of extraction.
  • bfloo
    15720 posts Member
    ARC211092 wrote: »
    It was a thing in the last game because initially, the heroes for each side were predetermined and locked. And not to mention, they were also far more balanced than they are in this game.

But if they don't do those three things, then it's a no for me for heroes in this game's version of extraction.

They'd have to take enforcers out to add a hero

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    It was a thing in the last game because initially, the heroes for each side were predetermined and locked. And not to mention, they were also far more balanced than they are in this game.

They'd have to take enforcers out to add a hero

And the airial troopers.
  • camerog
    232 posts Member
    honestly no, i like it the way it is.
  • ARC211092 wrote: »

Exactly. Though I'm not sure I agree about 2015's balancing being better, I agree that one or all of the steps you mentioned would need to be considered.

Exactly. Though I'm not sure I agree about 2015's balancing being better, I agree that one or all of the steps you mentioned would need to be considered.

At the time when the mode was first released, the heroes that were present on each map for the map were balanced with each other. It wasn't until they did away with the pre selected heroes that balance went out the window. Once they did that, Chewie and Bossk would dominate the mode for their respective side. I personally went 85-2 on the Palace Garage map with Bossk in one match of extraction, with my only two deaths happening before I spawned in as Bossk.
  • bfloo
    15720 posts Member
    Atreus213 wrote: »

The heroes started out pretty well balanced in the 2015 game, until they added more and tried to balance for HvV, but didn't balance it separately

h846398gb27k.png

• No heroes in Extraction please! One thing that makes Extraction so great is that it is a trooper-only mode.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • No heroes in Extraction please! One thing that makes Extraction so great is that it is a trooper-only mode.

Input like this is still helpful! I appreciate both Blast and Strike for this very reason.
  • rollind24
    5857 posts Member
    Big difference is last game you could whittle down their health. This game the hero’s would just need to kamikaze the Cargo, retreat for health while the team respawns, rinse, repeat.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • JackTHorn
    3657 posts Member
    As per title, would people be more interested in Extraction with one hero per side?

BF2015 had a couple per side iirc and I believe it was well-received. I don't suspect one in this game will have an overbearing influence (balance Anakin first).

Thoughts?
    GOD NO. Is nothing sacred to you hero people? Extraction and Strike are the only bastions of true Battlefront I this game. Please leave them alone.

I don't care if they make a second version of Extraction with a hero in it. Or a version that's all heroes, I don't care, live it up. But leave the existing mode alone.
  • Absolutely not. It is a great mode as is, just needs more maps. I'd be ok with heroes in ewok hunt, though. Slicing ewoks would be cool.

Imagine if this thread gets a dev response earlier than the Extraction mega-thread with over a thousand comments. No offense OP.
  • Atreus213
    483 posts Member
    edited April 9
    Absolutely not. It is a great mode as is, just needs more maps. I'd be ok with heroes in ewok hunt, though. Slicing ewoks would be cool.

Imagine if this thread gets a dev response earlier than the Extraction mega-thread with over a thousand comments. No offense OP.

It would behoove you to read the thread more closely. Nothing's being requested, only discussed. Though yeah, that would be kind of unfortunate.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »

Thoughts?
    GOD NO. Is nothing sacred to you hero people? Extraction and Strike are the only bastions of true Battlefront I this game. Please leave them alone.

I don't care if they make a second version of Extraction with a hero in it. Or a version that's all heroes, I don't care, live it up. But leave the existing mode alone.

I don't think many people play Battlefront 2 for its "stellar gunplay", though opinions on all sides are appreciated.

There's also Blast btw.
  • First point, I’m really disappointed that they haven’t added more maps to this mode. Surely it can fit into current maps we have for strike/HvV. Death Star 2 and bespin I’m looking at you. Secondly- I would like to see heroes added as a weekend event, have it looked to OT heroes and two at a time. Maybe lower battlepoints cost so teams won’t just get steamrolled as troopers.
  • rollind24
    5857 posts Member
    edited April 10
    JackTHorn wrote: »

Thoughts?

I don't think many people play Battlefront 2 for its "stellar gunplay", though opinions on all sides are appreciated.

There's also Blast btw.

There’s also numerous modes with hero’s, what’s your point.

Edit/ nevermind, I reread, I see your point. Carry on, I jumped the gun
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • If they added OT Infiltrators there would be no desire for heroes in Extraction. Those would be good enough.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • rollind24 wrote: »

Thoughts?

There's also Blast btw.

There’s also numerous modes with hero’s, what’s your point.

Edit/ nevermind, I reread, I see your point. Carry on, I jumped the gun

lol glad I took a minute before responding
    If they added OT Infiltrators there would be no desire for heroes in Extraction. Those would be good enough.

For real though, I'm hoping so much for it.
  • No way
  • Absolutely not. It is a great mode as is, just needs more maps. I'd be ok with heroes in ewok hunt, though. Slicing ewoks would be cool.

Wouldn't shock me. If they did something that made sense I'd be shocked.

Thoughts?

There's also Blast btw.

Blast is a joke to me. No comparison to objective modes without heroes. Yes, alot of people like mindless hero gameplay, but must it be in every mode?

Thoughts?

There's also Blast btw.

Blast is a joke to me. No comparison to objective modes without heroes. Yes, alot of people like mindless hero gameplay, but must it be in every mode?

You're entitled to your opinion but "mindless hero gameplay" is ignorant af lol.

Thoughts?

There's also Blast btw.

You're entitled to your opinion but "mindless hero gameplay" is ignorant af lol.

Wow, you bias is smelling up the room.

Thoughts?

There's also Blast btw.

Wow, you bias is smelling up the room.

And your ignorance is making the place inhospitable. I play every mode in the game, including starfighters.