criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Community Transmission

Rage quitters, what's your reason for leaving the match?

DrRock
34 posts Member
I get most of us have lives and need to quit a match for real world reasons, but rage quitting....
Why? And I ask this seriously.

I have a couple reasons I think people rage quit.

I noticed whenever there is a new hero added that quitting happens more often, my assumption is that some players are sore because the new hero is not available, so they quit. Mmmmm.... Boo hoo, we all want to play as the new character. It's not like quitting and joining another game will increase your odds of playing as the new character.

So your team is sucking? A noob is messing it up for the whole team? So you get mad and quit... Now the rest of the team is really going to suffer, and you're not helping yourself by quitting. The reason be you'll never learn to defeat the odds or work with weak members to your team. I've had few moments when it's like 3 or 4 against me and I found a way to survive and take a few heroes down. This tests your ability to take on more than one hero.

Or.... you're a child and you haven't learned to know any better.

Those are my 3 reasons I think people rage quit.

Replies

• camerog
    225 posts Member
    Sometime's you just gotta go somewhere and its time to go.
  • DrRock
    34 posts Member
    camerog wrote: »
    Sometime's you just gotta go somewhere and its time to go.

I understand real world reasons for quitting. Emergencies happen, people got to eat, and so on.
  • OcDoc
    1679 posts Member
    Some of it is cultural. I was playing with a younger friend the other day and a friend of his jumped on. We had just started a new HvV match and he was saying we needed to drop out to add his friend.

Personally, I felt he should wait till we finished but in the end I caved and said how much damage we did to the team we just left. It’s just a game but I felt bad about it.

So for some people, I think it is a selfishness and etiquette issue. For others, I think they just can’t cope with being outmatched. Beyond that, sometimes it is a patience issue.

Those are some of my thoughts as to why.

Here is the solution and in my opinion the future of gaming...

Undermanned teams should get a handicap. The handicap could come in different forms, but in the end it should be a boost to the undermanned team to compensate for their disadvantage in numbers.

In the case of HvV, the down team should get a damage and health boost as compensation during the period of time they are at a disadvantage. As a test, I would suggest 30% boost to start with and adjust up or down as needed based on the results of the round. For example if the down team wins 2 rounds in a row, the health boost drops to 10%. If the down team loses 2 in a row it goes up to 50%

With a system like that, we will no longer care about player dropout because it is always fair.

These are just examples btw. The details can and should be debated before being implemented.
  • DrRock
    34 posts Member
    Cadoth wrote: »
    There are a few situations where I just have to quit the match because I’m not having fun anymore and the whole thing is just frustrating, and it’s not about winning or losing, I mean you know when your whole team sucks and you’re always left alone and the entire opposite team is constantly chasing you even if you’re not the target and you can’t even spawn because as soon as you do they’ll just get you and keep spamming all their abilities and attacks at once?
    Well, that’s my main reason to ragequit😑🤠

That feels reasonable and like you at least tried to really play before just quitting. I'm glad they added the ability to change teams up every couple rounds, so that if the match is unbalanced you know the teams will change up in a round or two.
  • OcDoc
    1679 posts Member
    I have to retype this because it somehow got deleted so bare with me if I rush the points...

I think a lot of it is cultural. I realized this when a younger friend of mine wanted to quit a game of HvV as soon as it started taking both of us out so his friend could join us. Personally, I thought he should wait but they didn’t have the patience for that so we left and I told them how much we just messed up the team we abandoned.

There is a combination of selfishness, lack of etiquette and lack of patience that I think causes a lot of what we see in terms of rage quitting.

On top of that, I think some people can’t cope with being outmatched.

But I believe there is a fix for this and it could very well be the future of gaming...

Undermanned teams should get a handicap. Let me give an example with HvV...

If a team goes down a man they get a 25% boost in health and attack damage. If they win 2 rounds in a row the boost gets dropped 15%. If they lose 2 rounds in a row it goes up 15%.

We can and should debate what kind of handicap system would work best before being implemented but the point is that it makes the system fair enough that no longer will we care about the issue of player dropout.
  • hosco33
    218 posts Member
    edited April 11
    Your mindset is cool @DrCool , but you left one scenario out:

"The platform (lag, cheaters, algorithms, whatever it is) has decided you will be a sparring". So even if you caught a couple of enemies by surprise, your abilities just don't do a thing to them. In my last game before my gold live expired, I threw Kylo's freeze ability on non-blocking Obi Wan and Anakin, they turned around and just killed me. That was not the first symptom of the match, they were doing something or the platform, but that was the most offensively obvious so just quit. I have already recognized when matches are going to be like that, and you just have to retry to find a fairer match/team/room whatever is causing it.

There could be a feature within the game to report suspicious matches so they are recorded and sent to Dice, if they'd want to do something.

Or it'd be great if chat were easier to contact the rest of the team to vote if anyone else is facing the same, but the bottom line is even if it were only your network, you cannot help them and it's better to allow someone else to join in better conditions.
  • Cadoth wrote: »
    There are a few situations where I just have to quit the match because I’m not having fun anymore and the whole thing is just frustrating, and it’s not about winning or losing, I mean you know when your whole team sucks and you’re always left alone and the entire opposite team is constantly chasing you even if you’re not the target and you can’t even spawn because as soon as you do they’ll just get you and keep spamming all their abilities and attacks at once?
    Well, that’s my main reason to ragequit😑🤠

This. This is why I ever quit a match.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • OcDoc
    1679 posts Member
    Was down 3 v 4 this evening on dark side.

Held it together but went down by 4 at one point. Got a forth player switched to a more viable hero (Maul in this case) and came back for the win.

Great time!

No need to quit. Just change your style of play and help keep your team together by watching their back. When numbers are on your side, go on the attack as a group. Have done this several times and it doesn’t always go like that but when it does it is sooooooo satisfying!

No risk, no reward.
  • So I don't break my TV and controller among other things. I will quit a game before I start breaking ****. Simple
  • I just want too clear this up for myself. I've had plenty of times in HvV where I would get killed and my teammate is a good runner I get stuck waiting for the match to end. Then before it does I get booted out of the match for being idle too long. Just wanted to get that out there in case someone recognized my tag or something. Plus its a real problem i'm hoping will get sorted out at some point.
  • time to eat
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    hosco33 wrote: »
    Your mindset is cool @DrCool , but you left one scenario out:

"The platform (lag, cheaters, algorithms, whatever it is) has decided you will be a sparring". So even if you caught a couple of enemies by surprise, your abilities just don't do a thing to them. In my last game before my gold live expired, I threw Kylo's freeze ability on non-blocking Obi Wan and Anakin, they turned around and just killed me. That was not the first symptom of the match, they were doing something or the platform, but that was the most offensively obvious so just quit. I have already recognized when matches are going to be like that, and you just have to retry to find a fairer match/team/room whatever is causing it.

There could be a feature within the game to report suspicious matches so they are recorded and sent to Dice, if they'd want to do something.

Or it'd be great if chat were easier to contact the rest of the team to vote if anyone else is facing the same, but the bottom line is even if it were only your network, you cannot help them and it's better to allow someone else to join in better conditions.

This is the number one issue on why I quit, and I am starting to really suspect that they have added "features" to this game that are in other EA games, like FIFA and Madden. I won't go into great detail, but I'm sure most people know about this scam by now. It's a shame that every match can't be a fair fight, but it is what it is. It never happens to me in other games made by different publishers. It's always an EA thing.

The only other time I will quit, is for example, I am the target for the third time in a row, and despite staying alive for close to 5 minutes each time, my team can not even kill the other enemy target. Or if I am the only one on my team that has any eliminations after playing a few rounds. I will not stick around for that, I have better things to do.
  • Most times if I quit a match it’ll be because I have to leave or because I’m on team of individuals who don’t play the objectives.
    jq0njy0nr4fo.gif
    Xbox one GT: OwnedBabyKobe24
  • I do Probably because some **** who are the target runs off gets killed and the whole team ends up seperated
  • bfloo
    15524 posts Member
    I'll always quit a laggy server.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I didn't used to but now its Anakin.
  • One reason I will quit a match, afkers. It's bad enough when you get one on your team. But the other night i had at least two on my team and one on the other. I really don't get why people will join a match and instantly go afk, for the whole match. That or they eventually quit. The number one reason I'll quit, even if I am leading and our team is winning, people not playing but just standing emoting at each other. Left a match when I realized three players were doing this, probably to record for YouTube or their twitch. But I ran up on Ren and he was surrounded by two of my teammates. I started blasting away at him then he started blocking me and so did my teammates. Or they at least stood next to him blocking towards me. When I realized they weren't attacking him I stopped, they just stood there, so I quit. Recording for your streaming shouldn't take priority over playing. Get a group and party together and do this otherwise it's just annoying.
    "I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me, aaaand now I have a lightsaber!"
  • RyanK388
    1743 posts Member
    I got bored/fed up being used as fodder just to pad a players meta build and dying constantly over and over to the same contrived Combos and cheap shots that they’ll use because it works and that it works Extremely well to the point of over saturation which leads to call outs to being OP
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    I have one more reason to quit to add to what I previously said. Lately, I've been in matches where it seems there are friends on both teams, and they are just padding their XP, or they are filming for a Youtube stream or something. The most recent one was when I thought something was fishy in my match on Naboo, but later on in the match, I saw Obi Wan, Anakin, and Darth Vader, making a tower, by standing on each others head. Please, if you are going to do this, get a full 8 people in your party, so you can fill up both sides. Quit having random people join. I always record the match, so I can look through to find the names of the people I need to block, and then quit.
  • I never rage quit...

If i end up on a poor team and ya know u r gonna lose, I just stand back and watch them get steamrolled. They'll usually bail and I'll end up with new team mates on the next map.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • hosco33
    218 posts Member
    edited April 16
    brienj wrote: »
    This is the number one issue on why I quit, and I am starting to really suspect that they have added "features" to this game that are in other EA games, like FIFA and Madden. I won't go into great detail, but I'm sure most people know about this scam by now. ... It never happens to me in other games made by different publishers. It's always an EA thing.
    ... I have better things to do.

I suspect the same, it's hilarious how one can prove to have the power to creat wonderful games, and the power to screw them up intentionally to create a fictitious "addictive sense of challenge/progress" rather than trusting the cool game they have already created per se
  • I’ve never rage quit.
    My controller and walls aren’t too please with this decision!
  • hosco33
    218 posts Member
    Not a damned single interesting match in the whole day
  • Not a fan of the term rage quitting as a term for leaving as it’s loaded, based on assumption and leads to quit-shaming.

Howevah...

Teammates or opponents using any kind of cheat or exploit and I quit. Other than that I don’t; I’d rather quit before the next match starts so I’m not causing mayhem to my teammates. But tbh if I were to quit from temper or so-called ‘rage’, I’d feel like I’d scored an own-goal.

I dislike Jakku HvV intensely as a map so I’ll quit if I ever see ‘traveling to Jakku’. But I don’t think that’s the same as quitting mid match.

pH
  • I always get fed up with the game's balancing issues. It's maddening how close to being a truly fun experience this game gets, but you get serious whiplash when you finally get to play as Darth Maul and then Anakin shows up and hits you afew times and you die, or when you play Darth Vader and imagine yourself being a very scary and powerful Sith Lord only to be filled with blaster fire when you try using the incredibly underwhelming force choke which doesn't even do a significant amount of damage. Alternatively, you try taking on Anakin since you're the only villain who stands a remote chance against him and you try to block, but see that you're still taking damage anyways because the hit registration/detection is completely broken.
  • I quit a lot, but not because my team is losing, and it's never rage that motivates my departure. Boredom and disgust are the relevant emotions. Runners and cheaters ruin probably 40% of matches. To me it's that simple.
  • bfloo
    15524 posts Member
    Phyrebrat wrote: »
    Not a fan of the term rage quitting as a term for leaving as it’s loaded, based on assumption and leads to quit-shaming.

Howevah...

Teammates or opponents using any kind of cheat or exploit and I quit. Other than that I don’t; I’d rather quit before the next match starts so I’m not causing mayhem to my teammates. But tbh if I were to quit from temper or so-called ‘rage’, I’d feel like I’d scored an own-goal.

I dislike Jakku HvV intensely as a map so I’ll quit if I ever see ‘traveling to Jakku’. But I don’t think that’s the same as quitting mid match.

pH

leaving after a match or before a match starts isn't the issue.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I really simple and has been stated numerous times on why people quit matches.
    Teammates with the IQ of a wet mop!
  • Zinjo2017
    557 posts Member
    I have only quite a match due to technical issue. Crybaby Quitters, I just don't get. You get zero XP points for bailing on a match so your heroes never progress. Makes no sense to me... I learn a lot from both winning and losing a match.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • JrFett
    39 posts Member
    my biggest reason is when me and my entire team are completely outmatched. I kid you not, we were 5 capped on Geonosis the other night. We (droids) couldn't even get out of spawn, the entire clone team, not sure of levels, were working extremely well as a team.
    That was the first time I ever seen a 5 cap. Not to mention, on the second phase, they were rolling through us and had both objectives armed. It was embarrassing, and it was late for me, after a 12 hour shift.
    I don't rage quit this game very often. Sure, it gets frustrating when you run into a good hero, but I usually just go in a different spot than the hero, but that was a whole other level of frustration and we couldn't do anything about it.
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    Zinjo2017 wrote: »
    I have only quite a match due to technical issue. Crybaby Quitters, I just don't get. You get zero XP points for bailing on a match so your heroes never progress. Makes no sense to me... I learn a lot from both winning and losing a match.

Actually you do get the XP. Doesn't matter to me though anyway, since all my heroes/villains are using the purple cards I want, and most are at level 40 now too.
  • Just add a 5 min timeout before matchmaking again after quitting in the middle of the match. 5 mins is enuff I think to deter this rage quit behavior and not too long if you were to have had a r/l issue and had to leave for whatever reason
  • brienj wrote: »
    Zinjo2017 wrote: »

Actually you do get the XP. Doesn't matter to me though anyway, since all my heroes/villains are using the purple cards I want, and most are at level 40 now too.
    Then there is proper fix for this game. Enough eye candy from the PT era, some machanics fixes are extremely overdue!
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • All I can say is I'm looking forward to Lucas Arts' return to SW gaming....
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • I sometimes quit when the team is doing so bad there is no point of trying, however that is when my team is full of bots.
    Check these posts out:
  • I don't quit but it is frustrating that at least on the next match they can't do better to balance the players. Much of the time it is just so one sided and that is no fun at all. I mean really when you go into a game where all players on one team are maxed and the other team is not there just isn't a prayer. They could if they wanted to instead of breaking up players to balance do kind of a handicap system like in golf that would be dynamic still giving the skilled better player an edge but not as much of one dependent on the total team balance vs the other.
  • I quit because I get sick of getting slaughtered by heroes. Troopers are becoming nothing more than cannon fodder for heroes in GA and they keep making them more and more powerful and difficult to kill and I refuse to be a stat for them. If it's obvious after only a couple minutes we are going to lose and lose very badly I'm not going to waste what little time I have to play to lose. I don't have much skill and I do what I can if the game could go either way I will defiantly stay, but if there are heroes running around with 50+ kill streaks, forget it. These latest changes did nothing but make the light side stronger and again...the few times I tried to play I ONLY spawn as the dark side and I'm sick of being points for Anakin. Also, sometimes I just run out of time to play so it's not rage quitting...I may have only had 10 minutes to play and I had nothing else to do but after the matches I tried today I'm just going to abandon BF2 again and play something else less annoying and bug ridden. My blood pressure meds don't take BF2 into account so I need to step back sometimes for a month or two.
  • When all of my teammates leave when the score is tied, no point In staying since They’re going to win either way
  • I only leave matches If I have real world stuff to deal with or if my lag is so bad that I can't move.
    I think other people rage quit just because Anakin is still OP having to deal with him is a nightmare
  • Zinjo2017
    557 posts Member
    Cry off the servers, don't irritate the rest who are trying to play a game. Despite what your mommies have told you, not everyone gets a ribbon for trying... So suck it up and finish what you start...
    Totally behind consequences for crybaby quitting.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Daijooky
    59 posts Member
    edited June 6
    Since the new HvV deathmatch mode, quitting has become ridiculous. Not even a point in, somebody quits, team goes down 5-10 points...quitters. Gets annoyingly frustrating trying to play only to realize the reason you keep getting attacked by the entire opposing team is because 2 of your team have amscrayed.
    It's simple. If a player goes afk for say two minutes, then they should be auto-kicked. Quit a match, 20 minute online ban, say hello to campaign and arcade mode. Most other games I play (with similar pve/PvP modes) do the time limit ban. But they're usually 30 minute bans. So 20 minutes is less but hopefully still enough to curb the massive quitting. Someone said that the time limit ban shouldn't be imposed because this is an ftp game. Uh, no, it isn't. Everyone had to buy this game (being gifted it still counts) and consoles have to pay for the online access to be able to play. (Don't know about pc). So yeah, spanking quitters is fine. If the ban is too much, then how about all exp credits and all earned benefits (such as milestones) are wiped clean. This would inspire people to stay in the match.
    "I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me, aaaand now I have a lightsaber!"
  • Cane_danko
    1245 posts Member
    It is all part of my master plan to dethrone kathleen kennedy and install an army of incels to take over star wars. First we take over battlefront 2... then the galaxy!