criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Please add Map Votation in this Roadmap

Zyder
401 posts Member
Is something that will improve the game A LOT. One of the things people leaves is because they don't like the next map in the rotation. Rotation is one of the worst things in this game. Is the main reason I play now CS and some HvV. Galactic Assault will be empty if you don't add Rotation, and now with Capital Supremacy even more.

People with rotation: "I wanna play Naboo... Oh Yavin IV, so I have to play all the OT and ST maps to get to there?" And they disconnect. Pretty sure most of you have felt this way.

I wouldn't mind to play a map I don't want in that moment knowing than any map can show up in the next match.

Come on guys, SHOW SOME LOVE FOR VOTATION!!

Replies

• I agree they should scrap map rotation thats trash, just give us either a server browser or end of round map vote or something
  • DCDT
    165 posts Member
    No! Map voting is just annoying.
  • Zyder
    401 posts Member
    DCDT wrote: »
    No! Map voting is just annoying.

Annoying?? Why?? I don't know how this would be annoying. Just select one of two random maps appearing in screen.
  • DCDT
    165 posts Member
    It´s annoying, because the same maps will be chosen over and over and over. At least that happens in games, that already have this.
  • DCDT wrote: »
    It´s annoying, because the same maps will be chosen over and over and over. At least that happens in games, that already have this.

it didnt happen in Battlefield 1 . there was a bug when it first launched where the map that was played a round or 2 before was put back on screen. Then a month after they patched it and it was awesome. Gave a good surge in player count when Battlefield 1 put in map voting. Whole lobby Votes on 2 maps at random and move on. Have a feeling that Jakku and Giant's Shadow would be on the same boat... rarely if ever votes for.
    8apds3p79d43.jpg
  • I like the map rotation the way it is. If I want to play Clone Wars or Original Trilogy I know how/ what maps I can play. Instead of making a list and playing thru the playlist of GA.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Zyder
    401 posts Member
    I like the map rotation the way it is. If I want to play Clone Wars or Original Trilogy I know how/ what maps I can play. Instead of making a list and playing thru the playlist of GA.

This is absurd. So I have to keep going in and out of the lobbies. Hahaha, as it would be fast to get into a match (and out).

• Zyder
    401 posts Member

People also gets tired of playing same map again and again. Yes I hate playing Sequel Maps, but I wouldn't mind to play once Jakku over Yavin IV if they are randomly selected.
  • hsf_
    1855 posts Member
    edited April 12

Have you played Battlefield 1? When I do decide to have a binge on that game, I play conquest and I play at least 5 different maps.
    The idea of a map vote is to change the options after each map, not put the same options down so the same maps get picked. So we'll say you join a game on Naboo, at the end you get a choice of Kashyyyk or Crait. The next vote could be Geonosis or Star Killer Base, the next vote after that could be Endor or Death Star II, the vote after that could be Takodana or Yavin IV etc etc. I fail to see where the same maps would get picked over and over...
  • Server browser
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Zyder
    401 posts Member
    huevo
  • Hesha
    508 posts Member

Not if you put the right maps against each other.