criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Discussion

Replies

• Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    Boring
  • Cadoth
    1137 posts Member

Trailer

Ok, THAT WAS DOPE
  • rollind24
    5861 posts Member
    edited April 13
    Is the main character played by the guy from Shameless and Gotham?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »

Yep, Cameron Monaghan.
  • Eh... I’ve had better...

The game might still be good though!
  • Trailer and story looked kinda bland but I'm still hopeful for the gameplay!
  • Trailer was fairly cool, didn’t really wow or surprise but I’m sure it’ll be fun. No micros is a breath of fresh air, no MP isn’t exactly a good thing so not sure why that’s a feature point other than to stress the focus of single player.

I’ll wait a few weeks if the reviews and player feedback is on point. Then grab it used because it has EA on the box and I’m done giving them my dough.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Cadoth
    1137 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »

Yep, Cameron Monaghan.

Omg is it him?🤠
  • I just now noticed that the dead clone trooper in the trailer is using the 41st Elite Corps Heavy skin from Battlefront 2.
    sfepder1r37z.jpg
    Notice the similarities between the patterns.
    9em1mju9q5l4.jpg
    sce1sxccp1jh.jpg
    j7vj46b9esx3.jpg
    2rulv9g455y4.jpg
    12e6pjqeewr6.jpg
    This makes me wonder, was Battlefront teasing Fallen Order or is Fallen Order referencing Battlefront?

giphy.gif

• ZephanUnbound
    3012 posts Member
    edited April 13
    TheScape wrote: »

No microtransactions. Music to everybody's ears.

This is the kinda game I’ve wanted form SW for a while. A single player story driven game. So hyped for this

I do hope there's some level of customisation, though. Lightsaber colour, lightsaber hilt, clothing, maybe even head and facial hair, and if he has a starfighter it would be cool to customise that too.

I feel that customisation will be a big part of the game.

No microtransactions. Music to everybody's ears.

This is the kinda game I’ve wanted form SW for a while. A single player story driven game. So hyped for this

I do hope there's some level of customisation, though. Lightsaber colour, lightsaber hilt, clothing, maybe even head and facial hair, and if he has a starfighter it would be cool to customise that too.

Agreed. I hope to see at least some customization.

I see this game as being something like TFU and even the Spider-Man PS4 game that came out last year. It will follow a linear, canon story but still allow for some personal touches for the player. The events of the Spider-Man PS4 game, for example, are now considered Marvel canon as it's been classed as an alternate universe and this character now has his own comic, but zipping around New York as Spider-Man 2099, Noir Spider-Man, or Spirit Spider is not canon, just a fun thing for the players.
    This is what I hope we'll get with Fallen Order; a canon story that allows the user to add some personal touches to their character even if they aren't canon. I also hope that, if we get to choose our lightsaber colour, it's at the start of the game and fixed for the rest of the game, or they create a better means by which we can obtain them than just levelling up our character, like how I believe it was in TFU. It would be cool if we can collect kyber crystals that belonged to other Jedi during certain missions and this allows us to use new colours.

Looks like we may be getting some customization:
    "One of the interesting things mentioned during the panel is Cal's lightsaber will grow and evolve over the course of the game, as it is a reflection of him. Although further details weren't provided on this, it could be that the weapon is customizable in some form."

Looking at the saber in the trailer, it looks like it was a double-bladed lightsaber that got in half. So maybe we can choose to reforge it as a double-blade at some point, or choose to keep it as a single-bladed lightsaber. Maybe there is a skill tree tied to it? Maybe we can customize the blade color? I hope so, I want to see a good bit of customization. We clearly won't be able to customize Cal's face and body, since they specifically went with a mo-cap actor, but I do hope to see different outfits we can unlock, a skill tree of some sort, and some lightsaber customization.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    I just thought... Could the new melee troopers from Fallen Order be new OT Infiltrators? Don't they kind of fit?

If we get these Purge Troopers before Airborne Troopers, then that'll be a travesty. They basically have the same armour and whilst I've thought they look cool ever since I saw them in the Vader comic and they would be good for this game as OT Infiltrators, the Airborne Troopers appeared first and really should have priority.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Looks like one of the Inquisitors from Rebels.
  • Looks like one of the Inquisitors from Rebels.

It is indeed. That is the Second Sister of the Inquistorius.
  • Psy3d
    784 posts Member
    I like that fact it's on UE4 but the trailer didn't sell it for me. And the wall running....so it's a titanfall game in in 3rd person with a saber and force power with mario style platforming? I like the begining even has titan pilot references/cameo.

I know Respawn will deliver...but will not be a day one game for me since no MP component.
  • Psy3d wrote: »
    I like that fact it's on UE4 but the trailer didn't sell it for me. And the wall running....so it's a titanfall game in in 3rd person with a saber and force power with mario style platforming? I like the begining even has titan pilot references/cameo.

I know Respawn will deliver...but will not be a day one game for me since no MP component.

People also thought BioWare would deliver and not have two flops in a row. I won’t be preordering this game no matter how interesting it looks. EA as a publisher is what makes me hesitant and how little was offered at launch for Anthem. I see a lot of similarities between Anthem and BF2 even though they have different studios
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • lowell
    1330 posts Member
    Anyone want a hint of who the Second Sister is? If you can guess it, she's a familiar character.

This is her description from Star Wars: The Dark Side, a non-English exclusive book in Europe:

"The Second Sister, a vengeful and deceitful warrior, is motivated by a deep-seated hatred towards the Jedi Order that had failed her."
  • lowell wrote: »
    Anyone want a hint of who the Second Sister is? If you can guess it, she's a familiar character.

This is her description from Star Wars: The Dark Side, a non-English exclusive book in Europe:

"The Second Sister, a vengeful and deceitful warrior, is motivated by a deep-seated hatred towards the Jedi Order that had failed her."
    Ventress?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »

Ventress?
    Can't be. She dead.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • Cadoth
    1137 posts Member
    edited April 13
    Unwarycoin wrote: »

Ventress?
    Can't be. She dead.

And even if she was alive she wouldn’t have any reason to hunt down jedi after what had happened in the last two seasons of TCW series + she was in love with a jedi if I’m not wrong
  • Cadoth wrote: »
    Unwarycoin wrote: »

Ventress?
    Can't be. She dead.

And even if she was alive she wouldn’t have any reason to hunt down jedi after what had happened in the last two seasons of TCW series + she was in love with a jedi if I’m not wrong
    Yes, she had a thing with Quinlan Vos and in trying to save him from Dooku, which she did, she was killed in the process. So even if she had survived she wouldn't be against the Jedi.

As for that description of the 2nd Sister, it has to be a Jedi since Inquisitors were all fallen Jedi, and what is described there sounds to me like someone who will be very familar to TCW viewers.
    Barriss Offee
    q52w7xdu847z.jpg
    My Concepts

I'm about 99% certain that she is Barris Offee. Disney previously has teased that she became one of the Inquisitors, though they never stated which sister she was.
  • I really, really, really hope that the Purge Troopers are voiced by Temuera Morrison. When they first showed up in the Vader comic during the Occupation of Mon Cala, it was revealed that these were clone troopers as these events were just 1 year after Order 66 so the clones were still serving the Empire. The 2nd Sister was also shown at this time so if Fallen Order takes place just a few years after Order 66 then these troopers could still feasibly be clones.
    My Concepts
  • I really, really, really hope that the Purge Troopers are voiced by Temuera Morrison. When they first showed up in the Vader comic during the Occupation of Mon Cala, it was revealed that these were clone troopers as these events were just 1 year after Order 66 so the clones were still serving the Empire. The 2nd Sister was also shown at this time so if Fallen Order takes place just a few years after Order 66 then these troopers could still feasibly be clones.

Will either be Temuera Morrison or Dee Bradley Baker then most likely.
  • lowell
    1330 posts Member

I'm about 99% certain that she is Barris Offee. Disney previously has teased that she became one of the Inquisitors, though they never stated which sister she was.

Yup.

Will either be Temuera Morrison or Dee Bradley Baker then most likely.

I know Dee's done all the work on TCW, but I feel like Temuera doesn't get the respect he deserves for being the original clone actor and having him do the voices would make this feel more like a movie and really enhance the quality overall.
    My Concepts
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    Disappointed we didn’t get to see gameplay.

Also concerned about the game’s length, replayability, and cost. Not finna pay $60 for a 6 or so hour story.
    But the project seems interesting. Hopefully it’ll have some force unleashed vibes in the gameplay
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »

Also concerned about the game’s length, replayability, and cost. Not finna pay $60 for a 6 or so hour story.
    But the project seems interesting. Hopefully it’ll have some force unleashed vibes in the gameplay

They did this with BFII 2 years ago, a story trailer but no gameplay, so it's not that big of a deal. We'll see it at E3 in June, I think that much is certain, and I can see why they'd rather have a gameplay reveal at the biggest gaming convention in the world.
    My Concepts
  • ZephanUnbound
    3012 posts Member
    edited April 14
    2000sGuy wrote: »

It's been in development since late 2015, so should have 4 years of development when it releases November 2019 (by comparison, Battlefront 2 was developed in 2 years and still managed a 5 hour camapign plus a decent amount of multiplayer content). So Fallen Order should be pretty long I'd think.

I'll compare it to God of War 4, since Fallen Order's director, Stig Asmussen, was director of God of War 3. God of War 4 was in development for 4 years with 200 developers and it has a 20 hour main story, takes 35 hours to do the main story and most of the side content, and 50 hours to 100% complete the game. So yeah, I would expect at least a 20 hour long main story, maybe 30 main if there is no side content or maybe 20 main + 10 side if there is side content. Might even get more than that if we're lucky, depends on rather Fallen Order is Respawn developed only, or if some of the other EA studios like Motive and Vancouver provided development assistance.
  • I'm a bit disappointed in this Cere character, the Jedi Knight who will be Cal's mentor. I mean, would it have killed them to make her non-human? It would have been so much better to me if she was an alien species like a Twi'lek, or a Zabrak, or maybe something more exotic like a an Iktochi, or a Nautolan, or a Chagrian. So many humans in lead roles in Star Wars media but I want to see more aliens.
    My Concepts
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    I'm a bit disappointed in this Cere character, the Jedi Knight who will be Cal's mentor. I mean, would it have killed them to make her non-human? It would have been so much better to me if she was an alien species like a Twi'lek, or a Zabrak, or maybe something more exotic like a an Iktochi, or a Nautolan, or a Chagrian. So many humans in lead roles in Star Wars media but I want to see more aliens.

Thats true. Having another human as a main character is gonna be boring. I already forgot what he looks like
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • I'm a bit disappointed in this Cere character, the Jedi Knight who will be Cal's mentor. I mean, would it have killed them to make her non-human? It would have been so much better to me if she was an alien species like a Twi'lek, or a Zabrak, or maybe something more exotic like a an Iktochi, or a Nautolan, or a Chagrian. So many humans in lead roles in Star Wars media but I want to see more aliens.

Yeah, would have been nice, I would have loved for her to be a Zabrak (Fallen Order reveal just inspired me to replay Jedi Academy, the last good Jedi based Star Wars action game imo, and I made my Jaden Korr a female Iridonian Zabrak).

Seems like the 2nd Sister might be non-human at least, based on that tease about her identity.
  • lowell
    1330 posts Member
    I'm a bit disappointed in this Cere character, the Jedi Knight who will be Cal's mentor. I mean, would it have killed them to make her non-human? It would have been so much better to me if she was an alien species like a Twi'lek, or a Zabrak, or maybe something more exotic like a an Iktochi, or a Nautolan, or a Chagrian. So many humans in lead roles in Star Wars media but I want to see more aliens.

Yeah, would have been nice, I would have loved for her to be a Zabrak (Fallen Order reveal just inspired me to replay Jedi Academy, the last good Jedi based Star Wars action game imo, and I made my Jaden Korr a female Iridonian Zabrak).

Seems like the 2nd Sister might be non-human at least, based on that tease about her identity.

Actually, none of the Inquisitors are human but of alien species.
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »

Thats true. Having another human as a main character is gonna be boring. I already forgot what he looks like

He looks like Cameron Monaghan.
    Cameron-Monaghan-Critics-Choice-Awards.jpg
    My Concepts

Really anything would have been better than human, but we've seen female Zabraks before which is why I would've preferred something we haven't seen before and there's many alien species who we've only seen in the male gender who are less-human like and that would've been really interesting. The Chagrian species, that of Mas Amedda the blue alien with the horns who was Palpatine's aide in the Senate, Nautolan which is Kit Fisto's species, or an Iktotchi like Saesee Tinn would have been such cool species to have as this female character but instead we just get another boring human character.
    My Concepts

Yeah. Basically. If she isn’t then I will be very surprised.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Batman20
    1876 posts Member
    I thought the trailer looked pretty cool I like respawn titanfall 2 was awesome and apex legends was pretty fun as well. Although I hope it's not really short like titanfall 2 I hope it's at least 10hours might be ambitious but there is no online so needs to last a decent time
  • I’m pumped for this. Trailer looks cool but it doesn’t show much. Would’ve liked to see some gameplay but I’m sure we will get that fairly soon

If they do that then it proves they don't understand her character. From what we saw of her in the Clone Wars series, particularly the arc where she betrays the Jedi, she exhibits behaviour of a rather sincere and orthodox Jedi, driven to become an radical extremist in the defence of her beliefs. The Inquisitors and Empire no more represent her belief than the Jedi Order had in the end. Her motivation was to correct the institution, not assassinate each and every Jedi. It's not logical for her to side with the Empire to hunt Jedi as an Inquisitor, it would go against her fundamentals.

Remember what Barriss said at her trial about why she bombed the Jedi Temple in the first place:

"I did it. Because I've come to realize what many people in the Republic have come to realize, that the Jedi are the ones responsible for this War. That we've so lost our way that we have become villains in this conflict, that we are the ones that should be put on trial, all of us! And my attack on the Temple was an attack on what the Jedi have become: an army fighting for the dark side, fallen from the Light that we once held so dear. This Republic is failing! It's only a matter of time."

Note the part in bold. Barriss' actions were fueled by genuine conviction, not revenge, and not the "dark side". She did not hate the Jedi, she was trying to save them.

We don't know what happened to Barriss after her trial, but we do know a lot about her as an individual, and the Jedi, to provide some clairvoyance as to the way she would act. It would take a lot more than Imperial propaganda to reverse the trajectory of her radicalisation, even if she was in prison for roughly a year. Prison wouldn't distort a Jedi's cognition like it does regular folk, the force would continue to serve her, give her insight.

Ultimately, she would have chosen death before becoming an agent of the "dark side".
    Alone against all these droids....? Hmph... they don't stand a chance.

Really anything would have been better than human, but we've seen female Zabraks before which is why I would've preferred something we haven't seen before and there's many alien species who we've only seen in the male gender who are less-human like and that would've been really interesting. The Chagrian species, that of Mas Amedda the blue alien with the horns who was Palpatine's aide in the Senate, Nautolan which is Kit Fisto's species, or an Iktotchi like Saesee Tinn would have been such cool species to have as this female character but instead we just get another boring human character.

Actually we have seen some female Nautolans, in the old EU/Legends at least.

img-sw_nautolan_female_sith.jpg
    7cf0bab2642b3367f07f5fe8aa4f2d9e.jpg
    ef3968ae9500640fa4230cb915a0879d.jpg

But yeah, I don't think we've seen any female Chagrian or Iktotchi so far.
  • ZephanUnbound
    3012 posts Member
    edited April 14
    GoodBytes wrote: »

If they do that then it proves they don't understand her character. From what we saw of her in the Clone Wars series, particularly the arc where she betrays the Jedi, she exhibits behaviour of a rather sincere and orthodox Jedi, driven to become an radical extremist in the defence of her beliefs. The Inquisitors and Empire no more represent her belief than the Jedi Order had in the end. Her motivation was to correct the institution, not assassinate each and every Jedi. It's not logical for her to side with the Empire to hunt Jedi as an Inquisitor, it would go against her fundamentals.

Remember what Barriss said at her trial about why she bombed the Jedi Temple in the first place:

"I did it. Because I've come to realize what many people in the Republic have come to realize, that the Jedi are the ones responsible for this War. That we've so lost our way that we have become villains in this conflict, that we are the ones that should be put on trial, all of us! And my attack on the Temple was an attack on what the Jedi have become: an army fighting for the dark side, fallen from the Light that we once held so dear. This Republic is failing! It's only a matter of time."

Note the part in bold. Barriss' actions were fueled by genuine conviction, not revenge, and not the "dark side". She did not hate the Jedi, she was trying to save them.

We don't know what happened to Barriss after her trial, but we do know a lot about her as an individual, and the Jedi, to provide some clairvoyance as to the way she would act. It would take a lot more than Imperial propaganda to reverse the trajectory of her radicalisation, even if she was in prison for roughly a year. Prison wouldn't distort a Jedi's cognition like it does regular folk, the force would continue to serve her, give her insight.

Ultimately, she would have chosen death before becoming an agent of the "dark side".
    Note that they say that the Second Sister is hunting down Jedi because she feels like the Order betrayed her. Barriss raised a legitimate problem with Clone Wars and she was ignored and imprisoned. That could turn anyone bitter. Add to that some Imperial brainwashing program, and it's not hard to imagine her turning to the dark side. Also, don't forget that Barriss said that she kept Ventress' red lightsabers because she thought they suited her. Red lightsaber crystals are attuned to the dark side in the new canon and they have to be cleansed to be properly used by a Jedi, but Barriss was able to use them with ease, indicating that she had already fallen to the dark side, or was at least dangerously close to falling.
  • so no more frostbite bugs, yay
  • GoodBytes wrote: »

Note that they say that the Second Sister is hunting down Jedi because she feels like the Order betrayed her. Barriss raised a legitimate problem with Clone Wars and she was ignored and imprisoned. That could turn anyone bitter. Add to that some Imperial brainwashing program, and it's not hard to imagine her turning to the dark side. Also, don't forget that Barriss said that she kept Ventress' red lightsabers because she thought they suited her. Red lightsaber crystals are attuned to the dark side in the new canon and they have to be cleansed to be properly used by a Jedi, but Barriss was able to use them with ease, indicating that she had already fallen to the dark side, or was at least dangerously close to falling.
    Also note that Anakin as Vader believed that he was doing the right thing by turning to the dark side, that this was the only way to really bring "peace, freedom, justice, and security" to the galaxy. Barriss's speech clearly shows that she regards the Jedi as being the villains which mirrors Anakin's line in Ep III about how the Jedi are "evil" from his point of view. So it doesn't seem like it would take much to turn her because she could be easily be made to believe that this new Empire will bring back the stability and safety that existed before the Clone Wars and that the Jedi must be eliminated in order to stop them from interfering with peace.
    My Concepts
  • This sounds very promising.
    tikxziavbo06.jpg
    My Concepts
  • KZ_Toxic
    323 posts Member
    edited April 14
    Psy3d wrote: »
    Hope it has a MP mode with saber combat....can always hope...

As far as I know it's a single player only.

The description in the PS store mentions "online play (optional)"...Tho I'm not sure if it's actual gameplay. I kinda feel like it'll be similar to Force Unleashed ultimately.
    tikxziavbo06.jpg

Hey @meshugene89 . I found a new picture you might like.
    ktpgeeg7eymz.png
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
    tikxziavbo06.jpg

Hey @meshugene89 . I found a new picture you might like.
    ktpgeeg7eymz.png

" He’s on his way to the throne, he’s on his way to success."
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I did some research on pre-order bonuses and it appears that there are, and there’s also a deluxe edition. I’m hoping it’s only early access, and this stuff will be available later as regular DLC.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Meh. Need some gameplay footage. Going to be a 5 or 6 hour long game? Looks like a new force unleashed to me. No preorder this time old friends.
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Meh. Need some gameplay footage. Going to be a 5 or 6 hour long game? Looks like a new force unleashed to me. No preorder this time old friends.

I'm sure it will be much longer than 5 or 6 hours. Battlefront 2 has a 5-6 hour campaign and it was developed in 2 years with the majority of the dev team focused on multiplayer content. Fallen Order will have 4 years of development when it releases with a dev team focused solely on singpleplayer.

tikxziavbo06.jpg

^This indicates that the game will be pretty large and open as well, with new areas to explore in previously explored areas later in the game, which will help make it even longer.
  • lowell
    1330 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Meh. Need some gameplay footage. Going to be a 5 or 6 hour long game? Looks like a new force unleashed to me. No preorder this time old friends.

I'm sure it will be much longer than 5 or 6 hours. Battlefront 2 has a 5-6 hour campaign and it was developed in 2 years with the majority of the dev team focused on multiplayer content. Fallen Order will have 4 years of development when it releases with a dev team focused solely on singpleplayer.

tikxziavbo06.jpg

^This indicates that the game will be pretty large and open as well, with new areas to explore in previously explored areas later in the game, which will help make it even longer.

It might be as long as the Insomniac Spider-Man game last year.