criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Anakin should be more of a glass cannon

13Next

Replies

• Oh the Irony.

An irrelevant conclusion to your main point that he has "OP HP stats", I'm afraid your simply evading and distracting from the core argument from the beginning of this thread. I have been consistent in my replies, and you've reliably and continually shifted the playing field to suit your weak position. From still failing to confirm why he has the "best" abilities to your biased/irrelevant "data", we're still waiting on you to provide evidence as to why anakins health stats are overpowered. You have not met the burden of proof, but by a petitio principii Fallacy. Your premise has yet to have been answered by any point since, let alone in the original post. 800 HP and 250 regen. I'm still waiting.

The burden of evidence is not yet in my field until you finally settle and provide a reasonable explanation to your main premise as to why anakin has "OP HP stats" to begin with. Falsely claiming with flimsy evidence and "data" that he has the "best" abilities in the game, or even haphazardly linking his base saber damage to his base HP effectively doesn't address your main premise from the very the beginning of this thread. Theres no rebuttal or counter argument on my end to a non-point. Give credible evidence to your initial premise that doesn't involve the quick view menu, your own petitio principiis, or any other faulty "data", and I will respond accordingly. Perhaps a rational argument with a natural progression would serve you well here, if you hadn't already eliminated that option.

When you finally realize that you don't in fact have ample evidence to support your claim that 800 HP and 250 regen constitutes "OP health stats", or at least have something else to throw against the wall, we can finally get out of this endless loop of me simply keeping you on topic and pressing you to answer your own premise.

Try again. John.

You keep attempting red herrings to distract from the main point. Also still haven't acknowledged that Anakin would still have some of the best abilities and the highest base saber damage even his HP stats are nerfed. You are repeatedly committing the petitio principii fallacy by claiming I have not met my burden of proof without providing any data or evidence as to why. I already provided the data that shows Anakin would still have some of the best abilities and highest base saber damage.

Provide data as to how nerfing Anakin's HP stats would make him 'broken'.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • You continue to just deflect from the point.
    Oh the Irony.
    It's simple. I met my burden of proof- I showed Anakin would still have the best abilities and highest saber damage if his HP stats were nerfed.
    An irrelevant conclusion to your main point that he has "OP HP stats", I'm afraid your simply evading and distracting from the core argument from the beginning of this thread. I have been consistent in my replies, and you've reliably and continually shifted the playing field to suit your weak position. From still failing to confirm why he has the "best" abilities to your biased/irrelevant "data", we're still waiting on you to provide evidence as to why anakins health stats are overpowered. You have not met the burden of proof, but by a petitio principii Fallacy. Your premise has yet to have been answered by any point since, let alone in the original post. 800 HP and 250 regen. I'm still waiting.

WLPgDQ.gif
    The fact you have failed to provide any data and evidence to support your counter argument that nerfing Anakin's HP stats would make him 'broken' shows that you have none since you would've just come out with it by now.

Provide the evidence and data.

The burden of evidence is not yet in my field until you finally settle and provide a reasonable explanation to your main premise as to why anakin has "OP HP stats" to begin with. Falsely claiming with flimsy evidence and "data" that he has the "best" abilities in the game, or even haphazardly linking his base saber damage to his base HP effectively doesn't address your main premise from the very the beginning of this thread. Theres no rebuttal or counter argument on my end to a non-point. Give credible evidence to your initial premise that doesn't involve the quick view menu, your own petitio principiis, or any other faulty "data", and I will respond accordingly. Perhaps a rational argument with a natural progression would serve you well here, if you hadn't already eliminated that option.

When you finally realize that you don't in fact have ample evidence to support your claim that 800 HP and 250 regen constitutes "OP health stats", or at least have something else to throw against the wall, we can finally get out of this endless loop of me simply keeping you on topic and pressing you to answer your own premise.

Try again. John.

What the f are you on 😂
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited April 14
    You keep attempting red herrings to distract from the main point.
    Oh the Irony.
    Also still haven't acknowledged that Anakin would still have some of the best abilities and the highest base saber damage even his HP stats are nerfed.
    ignoratio elenchi. Your supporting argument(s) was/were, repeatedly, and I quote:
    "Anakin would still have the best abilities and highest damage."

"He objectively has the best abilities even your Anakin squamate chosen one pointed out."

"Also Anakin has 3(?) health star cards on top of that. Clearly OP when he also has the best abilities and highest saber damage."
    Your now just evidencing a clear pattern of fleeing from, modifying, out outright weaseling away from your original points, all of which I've already debunked, hence this disingenuous behavior. Again, your own petitio principiis on why he objectively has the "best" abilities and nonsensical references the quick view menu is irrelevant and not supportive "data."

Just recently you added his base saber damage to the argument, and I already explained why its irrelevant. At just 10 more base damage it fundamentally doesn't change the amount of strikes it takes to defeat most infantry until star cards get involved, which have no bearing in the original premise, nor is their any tangible pattern we can follow linking it to a heroes HP.

You are repeatedly committing the petitio principii fallacy by claiming I have not met my burden of proof without providing any data or evidence as to why. I already provided the data that shows Anakin would still have some of the best abilities and highest base saber damage.
    As detailed previously, you continually rely on red herrings to defend your position when exposed. Your supporting "evidence" to your argument, was your own petitio principiis that that he has the "highest saber damage" and objectively "best" abilities, with a irrelevant reference to the quick view menu and some adjectives of yours, "concrete" was it? Passing that off as valid "data" is both factually incorrect, not to mention irrelevant to the main premise. I already detailed why both your qualitative and quantitative arguments have holes in them and are hasty generalizations. So It comes as no surprise why you'd attempt to continually modify and desperately hold onto this crumbling position. It's all you've got left.

That's not even your core argument here either, you say so yourself. Exhibit A.
    "you harp on the regen as if it takes away from the core point that Anakin is OP in part due to his OP HP stats."
    This main premise is both reinforced in the original post and all throughout this thread. Exhibit B.
    "Your bias is clear when you fixate on his abilities being OP whereas deny that his HP stats are also inflated."

"This literally suggests his OP HP stats can be nerfed."

"...harp on the regen as if it takes away from the core point that Anakin is OP in part due to his OP HP stats."
    I'm simply holding you accountable for your, frankly, sloppy and reckless core premise. 800 HP. 250 Regen. I'm still waiting on a real answer so that we can finally progress.
    Provide data as to how nerfing Anakin's HP stats would make him 'broken'.

ANMqQp.gif

You did not seriously think that were simply walking out of this one? Did you?

Try again. John.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Oh the Irony.

ignoratio elenchi. Your supporting argument(s) was/were, repeatedly, and I quote:

Your now just evidencing a clear pattern of fleeing from, modifying, out outright weaseling away from your original points, all of which I've already debunked, hence this disingenuous behavior. Again, your own petitio principiis on why he objectively has the "best" abilities and nonsensical references the quick view menu is irrelevant and not supportive "data."

Just recently you added his base saber damage to the argument, and I already explained why its irrelevant. At just 10 more base damage it fundamentally doesn't change the amount of strikes it takes to defeat most infantry until star cards get involved, which have no bearing in the original premise, nor is their any tangible pattern we can follow linking it to a heroes HP.

As detailed previously, you continually rely on red herrings to defend your position when exposed. Your supporting "evidence" to your argument, was your own petitio principiis that that he has the "highest saber damage" and objectively "best" abilities, with a irrelevant reference to the quick view menu and some adjectives of yours, "concrete" was it? Passing that off as valid "data" is both factually incorrect, not to mention irrelevant to the main premise. I already detailed why both your qualitative and quantitative arguments have holes in them and are hasty generalizations. So It comes as no surprise why you'd attempt to continually modify and desperately hold onto this crumbling position. It's all you've got left.

That's not even your core argument here either, you say so yourself. Exhibit A.

I'm simply holding you accountable for your, frankly, sloppy and reckless core premise. 800 HP. 250 Regen. I'm still waiting on a real answer so that we can finally progress.

You did not seriously think that were simply walking out of this one? Did you?

Try again. John.
    Lol at you trying to make up your own rules for logic. It doesn't work that way. One is allowed to add-on to their argument and claiming an argument is wrong doesn't mean the burden of proof hasn't been met only that you are contending it's correctness- which is the process of counter point and rebuttal.

You, on the other hand, haven't even met your burden of proof for your claim.

Provide the data that shows nerfing Anakin's HP stats would make him 'broken'.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • Jesus Christ, there’s some wannabe Ben Shapiros in this thread isn’t there :D
  • Jesus Christ, there’s some wannabe Ben Shapiros in this thread isn’t there :D

:D same thread different day.

I''ll say one thing...

Bring back skilled hero play!

That is all.
  • Lol at you trying to make up your own rules for logic. It doesn't work that way.
    Oh the Irony.
    One is allowed to add-on to their argument and claiming an argument is wrong doesn't mean the burden of proof hasn't been met only that you are contending it's correctness- which is the process of counter point and rebuttal.
    I never said you weren't. Simply, your evidence you provided isn't relevant to your argument and thus the burden hasn't been met. It's like saying gas powered engines are great because they run on water, theres nothing to rebut here, the premise is intrinsically incorrect. I'm Still waiting.

You, on the other hand, haven't even met your burden of proof for your claim.

Provide the data that shows nerfing Anakin's HP stats would make him 'broken'.
    Another ignoratio elenchi, of which has already been addressed, refer to the relevant post.

Try Again. John.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • I never said you weren't. Simply, your evidence you provided isn't relevant to your argument and thus the burden hasn't been met. It's like saying gas powered engines are great because they run on water, theres nothing to rebut here, the premise is intrinsically incorrect. I'm Still waiting.

Another ignoratio elenchi, of which has already been addressed, refer to the relevant post.

Try Again. John.

Keep bumping this thread and have it remain on the front page, it only helps my cause. Especially your silly attempts at projection and your failed logic.

I met my burden of proof, now meet yours.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited April 14
    Keep bumping this thread and have it remain on the front page,
    By all means.
    it only helps my cause. Especially your silly attempts at projection and your failed logic.
    I wouldn't be so sure, rather it is your cause that's on life support here. You've simply let it hang out to dry the entire thread. Pivoting with the same tired old red herrings. Honestly I don't really blame you for trying to abandon it. It was a weak premise from the get go.
    I met my burden of proof, now meet yours.
    You've yet to defend your initial and core argument. I'm still waiting.

Try Again. John.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • By all means.

I wouldn't be so sure, rather it is your cause that's on life support here. You've simply let it hang out to dry the entire thread. Pivoting with the same tired old red herrings. Honestly I don't really blame you for trying to abandon it. It was a weak premise from the get go.

You've yet to defend your initial and core argument. I'm still waiting.

Try Again. John.
    Thank you for becoming my involuntary partner. This just keeps this thread bumped and raises visbiltiy for this issue. Given the sample of this thread you hold the minority view- and you are failing in convincing the consensus.

LOL keep trying to make up your own rules for logic, it doesn't work like that. The burden of proof is met as long as one provides evidence, your counterclaim now needs to meet the burden of proof.

You cannot establish that Anakin would become 'broken' with nerfed HP stats, that's why you continue to commit fallacies in attempts to distract from the point. Provide the data that supports your counterclaim.

hnytpwosbe30.png
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited April 15
    Thank you for becoming my involuntary partner. This just keeps this thread bumped and raises visbiltiy for this issue.
    Ha. This is how I picture our "partnership"

91DrQZ.gif

I pride myself more as your 'supervisor' if you will, and it is an entirely voluntary endeavor. The visibility this topic receives is to my benefit as well, I disagree with the core argument, and if nothing else the holes I poke in your premise receive just as much exposure. Thanks.
    Given the sample of this thread you hold the minority view- and you are failing in convincing the consensus.
    Another ignoratio elenchi. Regardless, This is entirely a new logical fallacy you've committed called the hasty generalization. The Sample of this thread at the time of writing is over 875 + users, many of which may or may not be repeat visitors. Neither you nor I have access to this backend information either, nor have they all voiced, or are even capable of voicing their opinions on this matter. So you coming to the conclusion that you have the majority position on this "sample" is both asinine, and factually unknowable. You'll have to be a little more specific next time. John. Your original premise could benefit from this as well.
    LOL keep trying to make up your own rules for logic, it doesn't work like that.
    I adhere to the standard, we're not playing by your rules either. This is neither here nor there. Please, for the sake of the reading audience do be serious and stay on topic.
    The burden of proof is met as long as one provides evidence, your counterclaim now needs to meet the burden of proof.
    It seems you need to be re-acquanted with the term evidence, because you've up to this very point failed to provide any of relevance to your core argument that Anakins HP stats are OP. Until then, your argument will remain incomplete, and won't allow me to properly respond.
    You cannot establish that Anakin would become 'broken' with nerfed HP stats, that's why you continue to commit fallacies in attempts to distract from the point. Provide the data that supports your counterclaim.
    I can. I'm just waiting on a proper argument to attribute it too, which you've failed to provide. You can't have a counter argument to no argument.

Try Again. John.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Thank you for becoming my involuntary partner. This just keeps this thread bumped and raises visbiltiy for this issue.
    Ha. This is how I picture our "partnership"

91DrQZ.gif

I pride myself more as your 'supervisor' if you will, and it is an entirely voluntary endeavor. The visibility this topic receives is to my benefit as well, I disagree with the core argument, and if nothing else the holes I poke in your premise receive just as much exposure. Thanks.
    Given the sample of this thread you hold the minority view- and you are failing in convincing the consensus.
    Another ignoratio elenchi. Regardless, This is entirely a new logical fallacy you've committed called the hasty generalization. The Sample of this thread at the time of writing is over 875 + users, many of which may or may not be repeat visitors. Neither you nor I have access to this backend information either, nor have they all voiced, or are even capable of voicing their opinions on this matter. So you coming to the conclusion that you have the majority position on this "sample" is both asinine, and factually unknowable. You'll have to be a little more specific next time. John. Your original premise could benefit from this as well.
    LOL keep trying to make up your own rules for logic, it doesn't work like that.
    I adhere to the standard, we're not playing by your rules either. This is neither here nor there. Please, for the sake of the reading audience do be serious and stay on topic.
    The burden of proof is met as long as one provides evidence, your counterclaim now needs to meet the burden of proof.
    It seems you need to be re-acquanted with the term evidence, because you've up to this very point failed to provide any of relevance to your core argument that Anakins HP stats are OP. Until then, your argument will remain incomplete, and won't allow me to properly respond.
    I can. I'm just waiting on a proper argument to attribute it too, which you've failed to provide. You can't have a counter argument to no argument.

Try Again. John.

Edit: Repost.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • I'm still kinda mad they didn't add Jake Lloyd. That's the REAL ANAKIN
  • Ha. This is how I picture our "partnership"

Try Again. John.

Simply more conjecture and red herrings. But keep this going we can keep this thread bumped for a long time increasing visibility for me.

I met my burden of proof for the claim that Anakin's HP stats should be nerfed. If his HP stats are nerfed he would still have among the best abilities and highest base saber damage- I supported the claim with data that shows he currently has the among the best abilities and has the highest base saber damage in addition to top tier HP stats. Everything else is being nerfed, but Anakin would still remain harder to kill than the rest and has among the best abilities because he has two long duration abilities that have 90% DR.

Meanwhile, you still haven't met your burden of proof for your claim that Anakin would become 'broken' with nerfed HP stats.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited April 15
    Simply more conjecture and red herrings. But keep this going we can keep this thread bumped for a long time increasing visibility for me.
    You've still yet to realize the irony of all this, priceless.
    I met my burden of proof for the claim that Anakin's HP stats should be nerfed. If his HP stats are nerfed he would still have among the best abilities and highest base saber damage- I supported the claim with data that shows he currently has the among the best abilities and has the highest base saber damage in addition to top tier HP stats ("OP HP stats"). Everything else is being nerfed, but Anakin would still remain harder to kill than the rest and has among the best abilities because he has two long duration abilities that have 90% DR.
    Please. Stay on topic.

I'm not interested in any other tertiary arguments(ignoratio elenchis) you make, until we settle your "core point" that anakin has "OP HP stats". You have not met the burden of proof here. Having the highest base saber damage is extraneous to this argument, there is no tangible link between that value and a Heroes HP. When you find it, please share the evidence, I'm sure everybody would be eager to hear it.

Claiming he has the "best" abilities is an entirely different argument that needs its own "evidence" as well, of which you've provided nothing credible either, besides declarative statements and references to the quick view menu, and now descriptions of two of his abilities. Thats not credible "data" indicating that he has the "best" abilities, not even technically the 'most'. I'm still waiting.
    Meanwhile, you still haven't met your burden of proof for your claim that Anakin would become 'broken' with nerfed HP stats.
    There can be no counter argument to a non-argument. When you provide adequate evidence to your core point it'll finally become a real argument and not just your petitio principii, I'll finally be able to respond.

Try Again. John.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • CC_1010
    2103 posts Member
    Anakin can out spam even when he has 1/4 the health of his opponent because of the the saber stun. He should have lower health.
    700-750.
  • You've still yet to realize the irony of all this, priceless.

Please. Stay on topic.

I'm not interested in any other tertiary arguments you make, until we settle your "core point" that anakin has "OP HP stats". You have not met the burden of proof here. Having the highest base saber damage is extraneous to this argument, there is no tangible link between that value and a Heroes HP. When you find it, please share the evidence, I'm sure everybody would be eager to hear it.

Claiming he has the "best" abilities is an entirely different argument that needs its own "evidence" as well, of which you've provided nothing credible either, besides declarative statements and references to the quick view menu, and now descriptions of two of his abilities. Thats not credible "data" indicating that he has the "best" abilities, not even technically the 'most'. I'm still waiting.

There can be no counter argument to a non-argument. When you provide adequate evidence to your core point it'll finally become a real argument and not just your petitio principii, I'll finally be able to respond.

Try Again. John.

Except you have committed another fallacy in trying to strawman my position. My position is no longer that Anakin's HP stats are OP, it is just that his HP stats should be nerfed- data and evidence to support this claim already provided above.

Unless you have retracted, adjusted, or added on to your position that Anakin would become 'broken' with nerfed HP stats, you still haven't met your burden of proof for your claim.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Anakin can out spam even when he has 1/4 the health of his opponent because of the the saber stun. He should have lower health.
    700-750.

Vader can out spam all the old saber heroes as well js.
  • Also the mods must be on break ik they would've closed this by now
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited April 15
    Except you have committed another fallacy in trying to strawman my position. My position is no longer that Anakin's HP stats are OP, it is just that.....
    VA7OoB.gif

Ah. After hours of nonsense, and virtual unending ignoratio elenchis, The circle. Is now. Complete. Understand that I care little for your excuses or Tu Quoques, John. Just real debate. Now you're blatantly trying to weasel your way out from your original position on to another simply because it wasn't logically defendable to begin with. Now this is a concession, and it's both Ironic and a stunning defeat on your end.
    Unless you have retracted, adjusted, or added on to your....
    I've already addressed this, reference the relevant post.

If this is not the case, please, provide the evidence for your "core point". So that I may finally provide my counter argument to it.

I'd say "Try again. John." But it's becoming increasingly clear that you're simply running out of tries.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Ah. After hours of nonsense, and virtual unending ignoratio elenchis, The circle. Is now. Complete. Understand that I care little for your excuses or Tu Quoques, John. Just real debate. Now you're blatantly trying to weasel your way out from your original position on to another simply because it wasn't logically defendable to begin with. Now this is a concession, and it's both Ironic and a stunning defeat on your end.

If this is not the case, please, provide the evidence for your "core point". So that I may finally provide my counter argument to it.

I'd say "Try again. John." But it's becoming increasingly clear that you're simply running out of tries.

Lol the projection is so apparent. ignoratio elenchis? Continue strawmaning harder.

I already provided evidence for my claim that Anakin's HP stats should be nerfed, "If his HP stats are nerfed he would still have among the best abilities and highest base saber damage- I supported the claim with data that shows he currently has the among the best abilities and has the highest base saber damage in addition to top tier HP stats. Everything else is being nerfed, but Anakin would still remain harder to kill than the rest and has among the best abilities because he has two long duration abilities that have 90% DR."

You have yet to provide any data to support your claim that Anakin would become 'broken' with nerfed HP stats.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • Lol the projection is so apparent. ignoratio elenchis? Continue strawmaning harder.
    Oh the Irony. Thats not how it works. It's not a straw man if it was a position that you actually held. On that basis you're the one ignorant of logic here. You've blatantly backpedaled from your claim that anakin had "OP HP stats" and you say so here.

Exhibit C:
    "My position is no longer that Anakin's HP stats are OP"

The position was a petitio principii from it's inception and not credibly defendable.
    I already provided evidence for my claim that Anakin's HP stats should be nerfed,
    Except that wasn't your "core" claim that I was contesting.
    "If his HP stats are nerfed he would still have among the best abilities and highest base saber damage- I supported the claim with data that shows he currently has the among the best abilities and has the highest base saber damage in addition to top tier HP stats. Everything else is being nerfed, but Anakin would still remain harder to kill than the rest and has among the best abilities because he has two long duration abilities that have 90% DR."
    Making all this, irrelevant.
    You have yet to provide any data to support your claim that Anakin would become 'broken' with nerfed HP stats.
    There can be no counter argument to a non-argument. I'm glad you finally conceded that you had none.

I gave you the chance, to willing, debate your core premise, but at every turn, You elected, the way of, pain.

P7zNK2.gif

It's over. John.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • There was also no concession to the claim- Anakin's HP stats are OP. I narrowed my position to the more central point that Anakin's HP stats should be nerfed. The data and evidence for both are the same given above.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • CC_1010
    2103 posts Member
    Ah. After hours of nonsense, and virtual unending ignoratio elenchis, The circle. Is now. Complete. Understand that I care little for your excuses or Tu Quoques, John. Just real debate. Now you're blatantly trying to weasel your way out from your original position on to another simply because it wasn't logically defendable to begin with. Now this is a concession, and it's both Ironic and a stunning defeat on your end.

Lol the projection is so apparent. ignoratio elenchis? Continue strawmaning harder.

I already provided evidence for my claim that Anakin's HP stats should be nerfed, "If his HP stats are nerfed he would still have among the best abilities and highest base saber damage- I supported the claim with data that shows he currently has the among the best abilities and has the highest base saber damage in addition to top tier HP stats. Everything else is being nerfed, but Anakin would still remain harder to kill than the rest and has among the best abilities because he has two long duration abilities that have 90% DR."

He would not become broken. It’s as simple as that.
    Anakin has the regeneration and the damage out up to make up for it. His abilities will still be the best in the game. He even has 4.
    3 of which are CC.

• The position was a petitio principii from it's inception and not credibly defendable.

Except that wasn't your "core" claim that I was contesting.

Making all this, irrelevant.

There can be no counter argument to a non-argument. I'm glad you finally conceded that you had none.

I gave you the chance, to willing, debate your core premise, but at every turn, You elected, the way of, pain.

It's over. John.

There was also no concession to the claim- Anakin's HP stats are OP. I narrowed my position to the more central point that Anakin's HP stats should be nerfed. The data and evidence for both are the same given above and below-

If his HP stats are nerfed he would still have among the best abilities and highest base saber damage- I supported the claim with data that shows he currently has the among the best abilities and has the highest base saber damage in addition to top tier HP stats. Everything else is being nerfed, but Anakin would still remain harder to kill than the rest, and has among the best abilities, because he has two long duration abilities that have 90% DR and great HP stats on top of that.

Clearly Anakin can't be broken if he remains having among the best abilities and highest base saber damage with nerfed HP stats which would still leave him with average HP stats.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    @johnmangala
    @AbyssWatch3r
    Bore off you 2
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!